3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   It's Gotta Come Off 5-week Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/29833-its-gotta-come-off-5-week-challenge.html)

Palm Bay, Granny 08-17-2003 08:57 AM

Belittlement..

Hi Minicarps,

I'm sure Linda did not mean to belittle you. But I also agree with you that it was not a nice way of getting her ideas across. I can sure understand how you feel. I hope you do not give up on the rest of us. We will be here for support. And noone will laugh at you.

Venetia:o

Meowna 08-17-2003 11:36 AM

Hello Minicarps:

Linda really is a nice lady, with a sense of humor bar none. I think a bit of frustration came out is all. I know if I was 8 lbs from goal, I would be doing the monkey dance all over the house! We will cheer you on. Welcome to our challenge.

Ruthxxx 08-17-2003 11:52 AM

Oh dear! Ruffled feathers in the Henhouse? Shall we start over with a new thread? Let me know.

Big Bad Moderator B**ch

Tummy Girl 08-17-2003 12:06 PM

And just to add my 2 cents :lol: as always, perspective is everything. Minicarp, it's just hard sometimes when you have a larger amount of weight to lose and see someone who is only 5 pounds from goal is all. Linda is a great lady and I'm sure you are as well, hopefully we'll get a chance to know you better.

And congrats on the other 30lbs you lost before and obviously have kept it off so we all have something to learn from your success. The great news is that on induction you'll probably be down those 5 in no time and back to goal!

Tummy

minicarps 08-17-2003 07:49 PM

new start

Thanks for everyone’s comments. Shall we make a new start?
I have a chocolate addiction and a figure to match it. I have been trying to shake off the last 8 lbs for a couple of years since my big loss of 30 lbs (about 1/3 my body weight.) I realize this is not much for some of you but I guess it goes to show that fighting weight and keeping it off is a battle for life.

I lost the other 30lbs with a lot of support from friends and family. Now, I am an American living in Australia and I am very far from those people and have very few friends here. You have a great forum here, and for those of you who are further from your goal …you are setting yourself up for success just by being here. I KNOW you can do it.!!! I think you are all such lovely people and you are very inspiring and I hope to get to know you all better.

Now, back to the challenge. I will weight in next week despite the fact that I have yet been able to make it under 20 net carbs per day.

Jennifer 3FC 08-17-2003 09:21 PM

Welcome to the board, minicarps. My husband moved here from Holland, so I understand how alienated you might feel. I hope you get plenty of support here to make up for your long distance from 'home'.

Swede, congrats to you and the husband! You can talk kilos here if you are more comfy with it. Most of us probably know the conversion, and if we don't, then it will be a learning experience for us! :)

I weigh in tomorrow officially, but so far no weight loss for this week. I am most likely switching to SBD next week. I think I am just gobbling down too many calories with the foods I am eating. One can only have so much cream and cheddar in a day! I haven't decided yet though...it's just frustrating.

Palm Bay, Granny 08-17-2003 09:28 PM

Jennifer..

I know how you feel. I love Low Carb but this was my second time doing Induction and no loss. Back to WW for me.:dizzy:

Venetia

Ruthxxx 08-17-2003 09:33 PM

lengthy :wave: at minicarps - OZ is a long way from Canada. Congrats on the 30 and hang out with us and the rest will disappear!

RobinW 08-18-2003 07:55 AM

Still no change on the scale. I know that a bit more exercise will move it, but right now, Im happy with it not moving up!!!

Ive changed my eating plan. Ive gone back to Protein Power, its not much different than atkins, but Im paying more attention to the amount of protein Im taking in, and Im not getting so hung up on artificially sweetened stuff. So far the sf jello has been saving me from attacking the krispy kreme lady.

Ive also cut out some of my fat intake, like you said Jennifer, there is only so much cheddar and cream a person can eat.

Have a great op day everyone!!

Welcome to all the new folks!!

Robin :wave:

Tummy Girl 08-18-2003 08:28 AM

Way to Go Ruth :cp:, glad to see you hanging in there at 199 and Froufy popped over the bubble too! Things are looking up if I do say so myself :) . Good Luck to everyone else and looking forward to "officially" joining on the next challenge.

Tummy

Jennifer 3FC 08-18-2003 08:45 AM

Ok, the official word - I gained a pound. What a load of crap! I followed the plan, I exercised 5 days. I am still sticking with it until at least next week, then will try South Beach. I know it is probably water, yada yada, but still....

LindaBC 08-18-2003 03:58 PM

I stayed the same as last week in spite of staying OP all week, with the exception of last night's tiny piece of birthday cake and pie. I'm stuck at 281 with a 9 lb loss after 3 weeks of the challenge. Still sticking to it though. I feel so much better than I did on South Beach.

Meowna 08-18-2003 04:09 PM

I am down to 188 and down an inch all over. YEAH. Don't know if I will make my goal weight for this challenge but I am closer now then I was a month ago. :-) Really fighting the urge to eat Pasta. I miss it the most, that and Rice. Have not been able to find low carb pasta here :-(

Phillybrwn 08-18-2003 05:16 PM

It doesn't look like I lost anything this week. I just got a new digital scale on Friday. Until then, I was using my hairdresser's scale (non-digital). Maybe it's a little off. My scale says 255.5. I was supposed to be 250 by Sept 1st. Oh well, I will chalk it up to an inaccurate scale lol. Plus I've noticed that depending on where you put the scale, the weight will fluctuate. I put it on my carpeted bedroom floor and it says 245 on my hard kitchen floor it says 255.5. I think the kitchen is the better read since it's a firm surface. I will be weighing myself again next Monday and measuring inches lost.

Swedemella 08-19-2003 05:42 AM

2 weeks induction - and I weigh in ...

with a total loss of 5.5kg (11.6lbs) and I'm really happy about it ... I have to say though that since I lost 4.5kg the first week I'm a bit disappointed with only 1 kg the second week .. which I shouldn't be .. as I have had 2 white wine binges in the second week (we're talking big drinking with girlfriends ..:o ) ... I have now got 6.5 kg (14.3 lbs) before I'm at goal but I always find the last hurdle the worst as you feel quite good in yourself having got the first one out of the way and you start saying "this little croissant/sandwich etc. won't hurt and before you know it you're back in craving land again.

So I will try harder sticking to the Atkins, but as I have always said, I won't give up my wine. I've started craving M&S's crispy bacon which has got nitrate in it so I shouldn't actually eat it but it was TOM :devil: and I was craving salt ....

Tomorrow DH and I are going out for dinner so will have a glass or two of wine .... but stick with Atkins when it comes to the food ... :^:

On Friday the whole family is off to France for some thalassic spa treatments and since it's France will indulge in some really nice French wine .. can't help myself but wine is my treat - I'm starting to sound like a right old wino ... the winter will soon be here so won't crave white wine then (only red...:lol: )

Anyway, let's not give up on this challenge, still 2 weeks to go and seeing that some of us are stalling we need to keep encouraging each other .. it's so easy to fall of the wagon when your weight is stalling ... keep in mind it's only 2 weeks left of the challenge ... (I'm sure we will start another one after this one but this is the one that counts now ...) so come on you guys - we can do it....

J:devil: