3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   It's Gotta Come Off 5-week Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/29833-its-gotta-come-off-5-week-challenge.html)

Kimbova 08-01-2003 10:47 AM

Well Ladies,

It's day 5 and still OP! I'm excited about that. Do we have an official weigh-in day? Just wondering cause I'm not big on the scale. I would rather go a month w/o weighing than getting on the scale every week. When I see how well I'm doing I all of the sudden want to mess up, why? I don't know.

With PMS & TOM hitting me this week, I'm surprise I was able to endure but I've got a greater since of determination and I'm happy about that!

Well, I'm looking for a new daytime job and that can be a little stressful but so far so good. I've had a couple of calls and I'm waiting to set-up the interviews. The Director here is a witch, out of a dept. of 19 people only 2 are not looking for jobs because of this person. She is mad!!!

I know 2 people who have lost a lot of weight on the WOE. One lost 60lbs and the other 120lbs and they are still loving it. I spoke with the girl who lost 60lbs and she's kept it off for a year now. She's also told me about a "whoo it's low" carb store in my area so I'm hoping to visit this weekend. Right now a lot of my product are from the various grocery stores but I would love to visit a low carb store.

Until later, have a great day!

Suprgrl379 08-01-2003 02:17 PM

I'm a little late but would love to join!

Hello there everyone:sunny:

Well, I've been on Atkins for about 6 weeks now....and I've only lost about 5 pounds!!! :shrug: Help! And I'm only half way to being in ketosis. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...actually I do have an idea...even though I have been staying under 20 carbs...I think most of the carbs I've been having have been sugar alcohols or :fr: gasp - beer (michelob ultra light). I'm sure that this is part of the reason....

So, my first challenge for this week (which I actually started on Monday): No beer until I start seeing some real weight loss!!!

It actually hasn't been that bad - I've been out a couple of times this week and just drank water while everyone else drank alcohol...we'll see this weekend!!!!

Good luck to all of us on our first challenges! :high:

MamaJ 08-01-2003 06:54 PM

Hi all!

Tummy - at least take your measurements. Many do have the benefit of a large weight loss initially, but we are al different. You may be losing inches! Please don't get discouraraged and find a tape as soon as you can!

Suprgrl ~ (I think I got your name right-lol) I too love my Mich Ultra Light - part of the reason, tho I do C.A.D., I have to very closely watch my overall carb/caloric intake. I'm still losing but know if I'd give up those patio drinks, I'd prob do better. Even when I did LC maintenance for many years, I drank beer (Mich wasn't out back then-lol) but I was much more active-so the weight stayed off.

I'm still a bit too stressed and tired to say much. I'm still OP but as I've been stuck at the puter doing real office crap all day - no excercise, and I'm too darn warn out right now to even think about it. Food and water intake is good tho. I don't feel so bloated and yucky. Tho this is Hormone **** week, cravings aren't bad.....yet! lol

I'll try for more tomorrow! Keep up the great work everyone!

J

RobinW 08-01-2003 08:40 PM

Great day here eating wise, but my attitude stinks....crankier than all get out!!

Its too hot to eat, and too hot to exercise, just plain ole cranky!

Ok, I ate all my meals today, but didnt eat enough, well, this ole body is just going to have to deal with it right now. I did however get more than enough water.

Nighty night ladies
Robin :wave:

Juliaa75 08-02-2003 12:22 AM

I had a plain ole cranky day too! LOL. Today had to have been the hardest day. I went to the grocery store and just stared at the cheesecake like a salivating dog, lol. I think I am pms'ing, lol.
No more pounds off...but we will see. I did not drink enough water that's for sure. I didn't hardly eat, because the stuff I really wanted (you know Doritos, icecream and cheesecake...lol) I could not have.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Goodnight all!

RobinW 08-02-2003 07:16 AM

Im walking down the aisle of the grocery store, thinking about what kind of meat to get for the next week, and I pass the little debbie display. The urges were so bad, I stopped and studied which little debbie I was going to buy a box of and stuff my face with without anyone knowing.

I managed to get away from the display only to find myself in the chocolate/candy/chip aisle. I was determined for some reason, and I dont know why. I was good all day, not hungry, and I didnt go out shopping hungry. So why this was happening I havent a clue.

Well, I got my sh*t together managed to sort thru the meats and headed down the "diet" aisle. I thought maybe Id see if I could find some sf chocolate. I did, but found the atkins bars instead. Wow.......what a diet saver!!!!!!!! I had my peanut butter chocolate atkins bar on the way home, and I think I ate it in 4 bites. I was just a crazed woman!! But thank goodness it did the trick :D

When I got home, I had a glass of wine (dry) settled down and was fine the rest of the night :)

So far so good today, but its only 7:15 :lol:

chicklo 08-02-2003 12:14 PM

Hi all... This is my 5th day on the Atkins plan and it's working great for me. I haven't been tempted at all to stray. I like to snack as soon as I get home from work so I've been having pork rinds with cream cheese. Not a lot but for me it's something I like more than snacking on vegetables like every other diet in the world tells you to do. Do we have an official weigh in day?

LindaBC 08-02-2003 07:01 PM

I think we do the official weigh-in on Monday.
I've been OP since day 1 and feeling pretty good. Very few cravings. I don't even dare buy the Atkins bars because the sweetness might set me off. I have a package of S.F. Jello that I'm going to make up for tonight's snack. I like it with a bit of cottage cheese.
Finally in ketosis, although the test strips are very pale. Don't want to obsess about it though.

goodforme 08-02-2003 08:43 PM

I've been doing pretty well today, but I haven't had enough water yet. I'm still working on that! Hope you're all having a great night.

Jennifer 3FC 08-02-2003 09:18 PM

Chicklo, we started on Monday, so that is when I will do my weigh in. The official one, anyway. I weighed this morning and I gained 1.5 pounds. Isn't that just a bunch of crap! Not cheating, not giving up, I guess my body is boycotting. It'll get over it. :(

RobinW 08-02-2003 10:29 PM

Saturday check in

Things are going great, it even cooled off enough tonight to get my walk in.

Juliaa75 08-03-2003 12:03 AM

Hello everyone! I have worked all day (yuck) and then went to dinner with honey. It has been an overall stressful couple of days. I did not cheat. BUT boy oh boy I have been tempted. Maybe its the stress...and actually although I just finished my TOM last week, it seems to be coming back....so I don't know I think my body is all out of wack right now!

I won't weigh myself until Monday. Hopefully I have lost another pound...or stayed the same. As long as I don't gain right!

Have a goodevening!
Julia;)

RobinW 08-03-2003 11:04 PM

Not too many posters this weekend, I hope everyone made it thru ok.

Sunday in, with good food choices and a walk. So for the week, I stuck to my goal of getting exercise of some sort in everyday this week........next week's goal will be to continue with my exercise, and incorporate weight training 3x a week, starting tomorrow.

Weigh-in in the morning.......everyone ready? Sounds like everyone has been doing well, and is still feeling committed. Only 4 more weeks to go!!

We can do this!!!!!!!!

Juliaa75 08-04-2003 08:27 AM

Good morning!

My weight this morning (534am) is 225. So yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I lost a total of 6lbs (from 231). I am sooo happy.

My goal for this week...is to incorporate more water-I have not been drinking enough. And working out a little bit harder..not longer, just harder!

My weekend was great. I was tempted a little by the rice and beans I made for my family. I am PRican...so my rice and beans are soooooooooooooo yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy. I didn't eat it though. I just kept eating my cucumbers and chicken, lol. I can't be skinny stuffing my face with rice and beans right? Right! :)

Alrightie everyone! I will come back after work tonight! Have a fabulous day!

Meowna 08-04-2003 10:31 AM

Well one week down four to go.

Starting weight 196, current weight 193. Current measurements are 46 - 38 - 46, hmmm nothing to vavavavoom over yet! HA

Forgive me for I have sinned! 2 handfulls of Skittles Sat nite, of all the stupidist things. Made me so sick the next moring, all shakey, quesy and just grossed out feeling! WILL NOT BE DOING THAT AGAIN!

2 days later and still feeling kinda ICK! I don't even like sweets! Go figure. I usually go for pasta's, bread, potatoes, but not icky little colored fake fruity flavored things!

Well in 3 weeks I guess it coulda been worse, like eating the whole package! Dang that man of mine, he has chips and naughty things all over the house, and I have not touched those!

Ok enough of beating myself up, upwards and onwards, or downwards and onwards.

GOOD FOR YOU JULIA:bravo: