3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   It's Gotta Come Off 5-week Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/29833-its-gotta-come-off-5-week-challenge.html)

Juliaa75 08-11-2003 09:23 PM

PS...

Those pb indulge bars are sooo good, esp when we can't have a regular reeses cup.

Oh and the Atkins ice cream...the chocolate ones are soo yummy! They are so expensive though almost five dollars for four little cups. If you let them melt a little bit (put in microwave for ten secs), and put a teaspoon of whipped cream...they tasssssssssssssste great.

Ok everyone have a goodnight!

Jennifer 3FC 08-11-2003 11:09 PM

Julia, that's the spirit, right back at it!

For a good peanut butter treat, mix equal parts natural peanut butter and cream cheese. About two heaping spoons of each. Nuke it for about 10 seconds. Mix and add a pack of Splenda. Mmmm. Hits the spot, and no sugar alcohols like in the bars!

Swedemella 08-12-2003 05:23 AM

Hi, haven't been here for a while as I've been doing quite good on the diet. I decided not to step on the scales more than once a week and this morning I had finished my first week of induction and even though I can notice my clothes getting looser I was not prepared for what the scales told me - a total of 10lbs has dropped off, now if it were to continue that way I would only have 2 more weeks before goal weight ...
I'm trying to cut back a bit on my proteing (i.e. only have one salmon steak and one chicken breast as I have been overdoing it and feeling absolute stuffed .. now I will only eat until I'm full up)...
Good on us all for doing so well
By the way DH have lost 7 lbs so no more fatty couple ...
J

RobinW 08-12-2003 10:32 AM

Hi everyone,

Im hangin' in there. I did my 2 days off plan, and Im sick as a dog. So getting back to it was easy.....I havent eaten anything besides toast.

Im not getting on the scale this week, and my goal for this week, is to just continue what I was trying to do the last 2 weeks.

(didnt go so well last week)

Keep pluggin away everyone......we can do this!!

Cosmogrl 08-12-2003 10:55 AM

Well, unfortunately my weight isn't coming off as fast as I would like it to...I just finished week 2 of induction yesterday and I have lost just about 7 pounds. I know I 'm being hard on myself but I also know I've been eating a lot of low carb treats and lc bread products so I haven't been following induction strickly (still staying under 20 grms though). My 5 week goal is to lose 12 pounds and to go to Curves at least 3 days a week-hopefully that will speed things up a little. Wish me luck!

Started July 28th-286
Today-279
October 04 goal (wedding goal) 185

Palm Bay, Granny 08-12-2003 11:05 AM

I'm Late!!

I just restarted LOW CARB. I have been doing WW for 10 weeks and lost only 6 pounds. Only 2 more weeks on this challenge so I want to lose 5 LBs. at the least.

I love the Atkins plan. I had too much Hypoglycemia on WW. I have to stay away from carbs. Wish me luck!!:crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

Venetia

Meowna 08-12-2003 02:25 PM

Just checking in. I weighed myself yesterday before bed and it was 190lbs WOOHOOO! Have not seen this number for ages!! How much longer do I have on this challenge? 2 or 3 wks?? I have 10 more lbs to goal for this challenge!

LindaBC 08-12-2003 07:55 PM

We just finished week 2 so there are 3 more weeks to go. You will make it Meowna.

Congratulations to all who have lost anything at all. It isn't easy but we know that low carb is the best way and once you're "in the groove" you won't be plagued by carb cravings.
Venetia, I was the same as you on WW. I was hungry all the time and plagued with low blood sugar. I also lost very slowly but then, I lose slowly on any diet. LOL

Palm Bay, Granny 08-12-2003 08:38 PM

Slow Loser..

Linda,:) If I lost any slower they would call me a turtle. I am obcessed with losing and I think about it all the time. But I hate to be hungry, Low Carb takes care of that.

It really does work, maybe not so fast for us but it works. Even if it didn't we feel a lot better. Right? I hate it when my blood sugar gets low and I am deathly afraid of Diabetes. Lost a sister to it.

I'm gonna do this I really am,;) . Ok I gotta go check in at Diabetes Thread. LETS ALL GET TO OUR GOAL!!! Bye for now.

Venetia

Phillybrwn 08-13-2003 01:34 AM

Hi all! I'm new here. I have sorta gotten away from the onlline community. When I recently decided to start Atkins, I was so glad I found this forum for support. I'm not sure how many weeks are left in the challenge. If there's at least 2 1/2-3weeks left, I am going to challenge myself to lose 5 lbs.

Tummy Girl 08-13-2003 10:00 AM

Hi Phillybrwn, nice to have you aboard. You're right about the time left and good luck! The ladies and the one fellow are great here, and excellent for the support you need. Hope to see you posting often!

Tummy

Jennifer 3FC 08-14-2003 11:09 PM

Welcome to the thread, Venetia and Philly! Glad you are here.

I had my 'victory dinner' on Monday night, Tues morning I am up .5 pounds. Not a big deal. Wed morning I am up another 3 pounds....that IS a big deal! Today I am back down a couple. Still, I am 1.5 more than Monday. Stupid scales!

All is going well. The victory dinner isn't too easy to rebound from. My body wants more, but my head doesn't. Today is my first day to not exercise in a week. Bummer! It happened by accident, long story, but it is really a downer. I was doing so well lately.

Ok, off to bed. Have to get up early!

minicarps 08-16-2003 11:02 PM

joining the fun

Hi. I am new as well and want to join in on the fun. You are all so inspiring! I just started induction a few days ago and I am having a hard time following the requirements with my busy lifestyle. Today will probably be the first day I stay under 20g.
I just got married on May 31st and have already put on 5lbs since the wedding! I had actually gone on a crash diet for the wedding day so I suspected I would need a more long-term solution to keep it off.
I know you only have a couple of weeks left so my goal will be 4 pounds. I am 5 feet tall and currently weight 113 and my total goal is 105.
Wish me luck and keep up the great work!

LindaBC 08-17-2003 02:15 AM

I think I'm gonna cry. Chicks, may I cry?
Now, I realise that everyone is different and 5 lb can seem overwhelming to a tiny person but it's kinda like Michelle Pfeiffer breaking a fingernail.
Minicarps, you are indeed welcome here but you'll have to forgive me if I find it hard to take your problem seriously. Still, you are wise to nip your weight gain in the bud. A few extra pounds really seems to show up on petite women and 150 extra pounds is....well...a LOT of extra baggage to pack around. :lol:
I wish you every success on low carb and, if you haven't lost your 5 lb in the next couple of weeks, there is always another challenge.

minicarps 08-17-2003 08:41 AM

I suppose it would sound petty if you didn't know that I lost 30 pounds a few years ago and it was a large amount for someone of my size. And yes, this time I would like to address the weight issue of the 10 lbs and "nip it in the bud." I have struggled with my weight almost all of my life.
I was looking to this site to get support and to support others and now my problem being compared to Michelle Pfeiffer breaking a nail???
That's fine. LindaBC, I wish you continued success and hope you reach your goal. However, if you do not want to support me then please refrain from belittling my problem.