3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   It's Gotta Come Off 5-week Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/29833-its-gotta-come-off-5-week-challenge.html)

LindaBC 08-05-2003 08:40 PM

4-1/2 hours in the garden this morning. I think I got my exercise today. :strong:
Well, here we go into Week 2 of the challenge. Any special problems? One thing I'm trying to do is recognize when I'm full. I generally eat too much from habit or because it's there. Just because something is on my plate doesn't mean that I have to eat it. That's the kind of thinking that got me in this condition in the first place. :mad:
Another small problem is that I wait too long before eating. I know we're only supposed to eat when we're hungry, but on Atkins I find I just don't get hungry between meals and sometimes I'll delay too long. For example, today it was 1 pm when I came in from a morning of weeding the garden. I'd had a nice breakfast of bacon and omelet and I just wasn't all that hungry for lunch yet. So I decided to go to the bank and post office. I should have eaten lunch first because when I got home I was ravenous and my blood glucose was very low. I have a tendancy to overeat when I get that way and it was difficult to control the urge to be a piggy.
How about the rest of you? What problems have you encountered and how are you dealing with them? I find this kind of exchange very helpful.

goodforme 08-05-2003 09:30 PM

Unfortunately I LOVE beer! However, I am severely restricting myself on that note. The pasta with dinner tonight, I may have overdone. Understand, everyone, that I'm not on induction anymore. Still, bad idea. Hope you're all doing well!

Jennifer 3FC 08-05-2003 10:43 PM

Linda, I make the mistake of not having snacks when I first want one. Then when I finally get one, it isn't enough, I want more.

This week for my official weigh in, I lost nothing. Rats! This week, I am cutting the carbs, doing better on water, and I am going to exercise at least 3 times. Preferably 5. There WILL be a loss next week.

RobinW 08-05-2003 11:29 PM

Linda, Im the same way. Hubby was sitting beside me reading your post along with me, starts jabbing me in the ribs saying "hey, thats you!" lol Im ok to a point, then man somebody better feed me :lol:

Today was a pretty good day, Im finding it hard to stay motivated. I did get some pictures back from the 1-hour place today, and was shocked to see how thin my face is. When you look at it everyday in the mirror, you tend not to notice. But the picture sure doesnt lie. It also tells me I need a boob lift :D lol

Anyway, I didnt get any exercise in today, my back is acting up. Tomorrow, I'll pull out the weights and work on my back muscles and belly muscles.

Night
Robin

KO 08-06-2003 02:17 AM

Linda I'm having the same problem! I actually feel like I'm in Groundhog day!
I eat a good breakfast eggs usually or a peice of chicken and then I'm satiated and forget to eat until its time to fix a late lunch or dinner
I don't do early breakfast so usually I dont even realize i need to eat till 5 then **** breaks loose!

Swedemella 08-06-2003 05:31 AM

how much protein

Question: Not sure how much protein you can eat, is it basically until you are full up, i.e. if I need to eat a whole chicken I can? :?:

It's only my second day (induction) so I haven't been near the scales, now I'm only going to get disappointed if it shows no loss ...

It's about 35 degrees in the UK so I will probably loose a lot by sweating it out ..J:devil:

I don't do much excercise but I do walk my little girl to nursery every day (about 2 x 25 minutes) so that must count for something....

J

RobinW 08-06-2003 09:11 AM

J ~ on induction you arent suppose to worry about calorie intake, only your carb intake. So if you use www.fitday.com to log in your food and keep track of what your eating, you should be fine.

btw, Ive been known to eat 2 VERY large chicken breasts in one sitting (size of a small chicken) or 2lbs of burger on very hungry days. Do what you have to do to stay on plan and keep from being hungry. You will find though if you add a bit more fat to your diet that you wont be as hungry. Things like cheese, and eggs or butter on your veggies surprisingly make a big difference.

Good luck to you
Robin

Jennifer 3FC 08-06-2003 09:28 AM

Don't get frustrated the first couple of days if you don't see a loss. Wait and weigh in a week, and you'll be much happier! That walk is a good distance! I'd just try and step it up and go a little quicker, and I bet you'll find yourself wanting more before long!

RobinW 08-06-2003 08:41 PM

Wednesday's check in~ Im not doing so good today. Im having a hungry day!! Ive done everything I can think of to get rid of it. Even 2nd helpings of supper (taco salad) but for what ever reason, Im hungry. I even feel water logged from all the water!!!

Im hanging in there though, Im going to have some soycrisps for snacks tonight with my 1/2 gallon water :lol:

Still no exercise today, no excuses, just lazy :(

Jennifer 3FC 08-06-2003 11:09 PM

Hey Robin, I hope you get over the munchies soon. I have had days like that, too. Did you go off plan yesterday? Usually I have troubles after a planned 'off plan' meal, or after I eat something that I THOUGHT was ok, but wasn't. Usually restaurant visits!

Swedemella 08-07-2003 06:29 AM

Update

Hi,

Robin you have done so well on this diet :cp: ! It's hard getting back on the diet after you have had the munchies .. as it's only my 3rd day I can't really speak of experience on the Atkins but I've been on WW and I find that even harder as whatever you eat costs you points. On the Aktins at least you can have some protein if you are "starving" in between meals.

I haven't weiged myself and will not do it until next Tuesday as I plan to have a glass or two of wine that evening with a friend (so need to check the progress before) .. I kind of refuse to give up my wine - mind you I use to have a glass or two every evening so it's a huge cut back as it is.... :o

My daughter has started to walk :cp: and as she gets older she is also getting more curious and want what I'm having so I can't really stuff my face in front of her - which is good ...

I refuse to be the fat mother :moo: at the school gate she is embarassed of - when that time comes ....

One reason for me to start this diet is also that I'm turning 35 in November and won't go in to the next phase in my life heavy or as a yo yo dieter ....

J

height 5'7"
startweight 184 lbs
goalweight 154 lbs

(The goal weight might seem heavy but I was 154 lbs on my wedding day and know that I shouldn't be any lighter as I'm quite heavily built (broad shoulders and back, and a massive head) :lol:

Suprgrl379 08-07-2003 10:33 AM

doh!

So much for my challenge this week! I've only worked out one day this week and that was only a 20 minute basic pilates video! At least I'm sticking with the first challenge of no alcohol. But I feel really bloated today and I'm not sure if its because I'm thinking about how I haven't been exercising or because I really did gain some weight...well, I won't know that until Monday....and there's still 4 days to exercise...so I better get cracking! :strong:

Swedemella, 154 does NOT seem like a heavy weight...your 5'7"!!!! If you lost anymore you would be emaciated!!! :yikes: Keep it up with this diet...having also been on WW through every program they have ever had since before the Fat & Fiber plan, I would have to say that Atkins is tons easier to do!! But I also think that veteran "diet"ers have a little more discipline when it comes to trying to "diet" than first timers and when something like Atkins comes along with what at least seems and feels like more freedom...its all the better for us!!! :high:

Robin, I checked out www.fitday.com and it is totally awesome!!! I subsribe to Shape magazine and totally fell for their iShape plan...which is great if you were totally going to do whatever they tell you to. I spent $100 on this internet journal and I haven't even used it in like 2 months!!! I was really good for the first month or so and then I just kept forgetting to go on it and made excuses....then I tried to use it after I started Atkins but it is totally not Atkins friendly at all! And when I saw that I ate my daily intake of calories just during lunch...I gave up on it all together. What a waste of money! Fitday is really really great though...it is exactly what I need! Thanks for sharing it with us! :dancer:

Jennifer 3FC 08-07-2003 11:03 AM

Ok...what did I say my plan was this week? I think I said cut back the carbs and continue with the water. If so, then I am doing well. That's terrible, I don't remember my own challenge. I have been eating induction like (almost) and have cut back the diet drinks. I went from diet coke to diet 7-up, and have been moving from that to water...I guess it is a psychological thing!

Anyway, I got on the scale this morning and I am down a pound from Monday. Finally!

goodforme 08-07-2003 11:08 AM

Yay! Jennifer, I knew it would start to slip off soon. Glad to see you're moving on down again.

I am so ashamed. Today on the way to work I passed a VERY large woman jogging along the road. It was already hot outside, and here she was just running like it was 50 degrees. Then, when I drove into the cemetery, there were about 5 women in different areas walking their little hearts out. And I show up too late to get a trek in. Shame, shame, shame! This is why the pants are starting to get snug. Tomorrow morning, I vow, I will walk even if it's 100! Otherwise, my challenge will have to change, and we can't have that, now, can we?;)

Swedemella 08-07-2003 11:13 AM

Diet drinks

Jennifer,

I know I'm still on the induction but will I be able to have diet drinks (coke/sprite/7up) once I'm done with the induction. I haven't yet read those pages as I wanted to wait until the end of induction.

My husband in joining me in this and he really misses his "thirsty drinks" as he refers to them...

I need to get my excercise going but it being almost 35degrees (98) I can't face it .. but I might go for my 1 hour speed walk on hour parkland walk (a path where the railway use to go) ... best to do it during the summer months as it's very "rape/assault" friendly when dark - not that anything have ever happend but you never know as should always stay safe ...

J