3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   It's Gotta Come Off 5-week Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/29833-its-gotta-come-off-5-week-challenge.html)

Swedemella 08-04-2003 10:37 AM

Trying Out Atkins

Hi,
My husband and I've decided to try out atkins, I've just bought the book so will need to read up on it before we start. Will however join in with the challenge ...

I need to loose 30 lbs, start weight is 184 and goal is 154 ... :p

Could any of you give me an idea of what you have for breakfast/lunch and dinner ...

I do walk my daughter to and from nursery every day so that's 20 min uphill a day pushing a 27lbs load .. funny isn't it that I need to loose more or less as much as my daughter weigh (she's 14 months and it's the pregnancy bulk I'm trying to shake off) ....:lol:

Anybody from the UK on this board - got any idea what is a good Atkins choice at Pizza Express?

J

RobinW 08-04-2003 10:47 AM

Ok, weigh-in this morning and I'm down to 197.5 from my challenge start weight of 205!! 7.5 lbs gone!! Yah!!!

Only 4 weeks left........easy right? Piece of lowcarb cake right?
We can do this!!! :dance:

Way to go Julia and Meowna!!

How is everyone else doing??:cb: :cb: :dance: :dancer: :flow2: :high:

7077 08-04-2003 01:45 PM

I need this Challenge. Thanks for posting this.

I started on 7/21/03-- 200 lbs.
8/4/03--190 lbs.
Goal End of August--180 lbs.

Come on Fat Loss!!!!:dizzy:

Ruthxxx 08-04-2003 03:05 PM

196 this morning. I'm solidly back in ONEderland and marching towards the 180's!

Cheers 08-04-2003 03:08 PM

I am also in. I'm new to the plan and want to lose 10 lbs by the end of August. Here we go!!

MamaJ 08-04-2003 04:12 PM

WOO HOOOOO ALL YOU LOSERS!

:jig: :cp: :bravo: :flow2: :dancer: :bravo:

wtg!!!!

Big Congrats!

Jennifer ~ I know no one that owns a scale! I guess I'll have to break down and buy the darned thing! I have a pair of shorts that is my "testing for results" pair for now.

At first I thought I'd be obsessed if I owned one again. Mostly due to the fact that I'm pretty close to goal and very anxious on where I can be before going back to the doctor in December. But remembered something. For over six years I did weight averaging and as long as I got on and off once a day (around the same time) I forgot about it. (***It being that horrid metal monster! lol) So, guess I'll break down.

We're all off to a great start!

Welcome Cheers & 7077! Also to other new chick faces I might've missed! Very glad to have you join in! Great group of chicks on this board! (But watch out for the moderator - she's been known to swat us!) Ouch! Sneaking out now!

LindaBC 08-04-2003 07:22 PM

:cp: :cp: :cp: WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Down 6-1/2 lb from start last Monday of 290. This is good for me and I hope it continues.

Congratulations to all the losers and welcome to the newcomers.

RobinW 08-04-2003 08:23 PM

WAY TO GO LINDA!!!! :cb: :cb:

kobe21 08-04-2003 08:23 PM

Count me in ladies!

Congratulations on everyone's losses so far! I'm joining a little late but hope I can join anyway!

1. My current weight is 146.

2. I hope to be under 140 at the end of August.

3. My plan is under 25 carbs a day plus tons of exercise and water.

Good luck to everyone. I will check in tomorrow!

chicklo 08-04-2003 08:40 PM

I'm down 9 lbs for my first week on the plan. I know I won't lose that much every week but knowing that it's working makes it that much easier to follow each week. :)

MamaJ 08-04-2003 08:53 PM

WTG Linda & Chicklo! Huge Welcome to Kobe!

Kobe ~ That is similar to what I'm trying for now. I follow CAD so I am restricting my carbs to approx. 5 for two meals a day and trying to restrict my RM to 20 or below. It's a liveable woe'ing that I feel is suitable for me. I wish you the best of luck!

Glad that ya'll joined us in the challenge and hope to see you all over the chicky roost! Please jump right into the daily where we fantasize that we're sitting on Ruth's deck gazing out over the meadow chick chatting or chick griping over real live issues. (and she serves great coffee) Ask tons of questions, give support and receive supportl! These chicks are terrific! Very knowledgeable and supportive!

We're all here for the same reason! And we're doing pretty good with this new challenge! Sexy holiday pictures here we come! :devil:

Janice

Juliaa75 08-04-2003 09:37 PM

Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cp:
Congrats on everyone who lost weight this week!

Suprgrl379 08-05-2003 02:46 PM

Congrats to all and yay to me!

Yay! I lost another 3 pounds last week just by cutting out the Michelobe Ultra Lights!!!!!

This week's goal is to really crack down on my exercise. I did start exercising last week but not as much as I wanted to! So that's this week's challenge, to do a good cardio at least every other day and to get my pilates in too!

Can someone explain the deal about Sugar Alcohols to me? I'm not too sure I understand if I'm allowed to have them or not?!?!

Thanks!

kfs151 08-05-2003 07:47 PM

My understanding of sugar alcohols from the Atkins book:

Good News: They don't induce an insulin response and don't knock you out of ketosis.

Bad News: The body will burn them as fuel before burning fat stores thus reducing your weight loss.

I just tried my first Michelob Ultra tonight. I'm not much of a beer drinker but it was nice and good to have an option from time to time!

Suprgrl379 08-05-2003 07:53 PM

Thanks!

;) Thanks kfs151! That really helps alot!