3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   It's Gotta Come Off 5-week Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/29833-its-gotta-come-off-5-week-challenge.html)

RobinW 08-19-2003 10:50 AM

Swedemella, your doing great, congratulations!!

Had another good day yesterday.....Im starting to feel good again, all the PMS crap is finally subsiding. Just have the sore back to content with.

Been eating op, but Im not going to get back on the scale until this challenge is done.

Then thats it, Im hiding the scale, and using my fav pink pants as a meter as to how much weight Ive lost.

Have a great op day everyone!
Robin

Jennifer 3FC 08-19-2003 11:42 PM

Wow Swede, you're doing so great! Congratulations to you!
Also, thanks for the encouragement. Seems to be a rough week for a lot of us!

I got on the scales this morning and it said I lost - so instead of gaining a pound, I lost 1.5. Wellllllll, I wanted to see it 'one more time' and I was back to the 1 pound gain!!! Damn scale!!! :lol:

I'm still on plan, I'll not give up! Today was a long day and I just want to go crawl in bed. Had to be at work by 7, worked until 6, took Cody to karate, did the treadmill, showered, and by then it was 9:30 and I still hadn't eaten dinner. I ate a little bit of pork roast to kill the hunger. Off to sleep! I'm nodding off while typing.

LindaBC 08-20-2003 02:28 AM

Oh, man, I've really been out of the loop. I just read some previous posts and discovered I've been a total jerk and hurt Minicarp's feelings with my insensitive blathering. I do apologize. Can you just put it down to frustration over my own lack of success and let's start over again? I can remember well when I was only 30 lb overweight and it seemed insurmountable to me at the time. Now I wish I only had 30 lb to lose so congratulations on your success at doing so. I'll try to be more supportive of your efforts to achieve your goal.
Now I'm going to go to bed and try to dream thin dreams.

RobinW 08-20-2003 08:59 AM

I barely got thru yesterday, I was so hungry at the end of the day, I think I ate tooooooooooo much cheese. How can I tell? My face feels all puffy this morning :lol:

Jennifer~ I do that all the time, because I hop on as soon as I get out of bed and my eyes are still blurry. I'll get on, look, get off, look again, get off, and get on one more time, but I'll bend over to get a closer look, because Im still not sure or dont believe what it says. Thats usually when hubby comes in and wants to know what the h*ll Im doing :lol:

Today should be a better day, Im going to eat more!! Hopefully that will fix the night time hungries.

Swedemella 08-21-2003 07:01 AM

A bit of a blow out but ...

will not weigh in until next Tuesday. DH and I went out for a meal yesterday, first one in ages ..

I had seared salmon w. blinis to start and did very good at leaving the blinis alone, main course was beef with a creamy sauce, there I sucumbed to eat 5 new potatoes (tiny ones) so not too bad either but then I went and blew the whole thing on a massive piece of Amaretto cheesecake with a coffee sauce which was absolutey heaven ... well it would be after 2 weeks of nothing sweet ... and of course flushed the whole thing down with a bottle of white wine (a small comfort that there is no carbs in that)

Funily enough I don't feel to bloated today and have already got the metallic ketosis taste back in my mouth .. so hopefully I didn't do too much harm.

Off to Biarritz tomorrow but will really try to stick to the carbs. But they do have beautiful croissants and red wine ... oh I feel the weak side of me is shouting down the good one already ....

Yesterday I found a GNC store and they had a lwo carb bar which said it had only ECC 3 per bar, called Xenadrine®, High Protein Weight Control Bars, Chocolate Almond, 60 gm, can this be correct?

J

Phillybrwn 08-25-2003 06:28 PM

When I first started this board I think I was around 256 and I joined this challenge pretty late. I said I would lose 5 pounds by labor day and I'm almost there. I am now 251.5 (yes I count every ounce lol).

LindaBC 08-25-2003 08:21 PM

I haven't lost any weight since the second week of the challenge, even though I've been op, drinking my water and exercising. But, I'm feel much better and my clothes feel a tiny bit looser so I'm sticking with it. I know I won't make my goal though.

Jennifer 3FC 08-25-2003 11:02 PM

Linda, I am in the same boat as you. I keep saying I'm gonna get on fitday, but it never seems to come. I have been SO BUSY for the last 2 weeks. I can only assume I am eating too many calories. I have been so good, I've honestly never been this dedicated before and I'm just not getting anywhere. I'm not giving up though, I'll keep tweaking and find what is wrong.

Why didn't you feel good on SBD?

Swedemella 08-26-2003 06:28 AM

Back from Biarritz

We had a lovely weekend in the south west of France and I lasted until Sunday morning before I just had to have a chocolate croissant (or 2) .. I did however eat whatever took my fancy but kept away from bread, pasta, potatoes and rice as well as milk products and fruit so basically Atkins except for the desserts.

Came back and realised I had only put on 2 lbs, brilliant!!!!:D

I'm now back on the diet and it feels good - only 2 weeks to go (or is it less?)... I hope to loose 8 lbs (3.5 kgs) before next weekend (5/9) as my parents are coming to visit then and I would love them to see me just 5kgs off my wedding weight... :lol:

I did have a bar of some milk chocolate stuff and it did taste quite disgusting (that's a first)..

Keep at it, we can do it ..

J

Ruthxxx 08-26-2003 07:39 AM

Good going, Swedmella! France would be too much of a temptation pour moi!
Tell me how you convinced yourself that chocolate is disgusting.

LindaBC 08-26-2003 09:52 PM

Jennifer, nothing wrong with SBD except it gave me carb cravings, especially when I tried going into Phase 2. I just couldn't live on Phase 1 forever. Atkins offers me a lot more variety, flavor and satisfaction.

Jennifer 3FC 08-26-2003 11:15 PM

Swede, good going in France! Nice to see only a 2 pound gain. I would vote that a French vacation is worth that much.:)

minicarps 08-28-2003 01:08 AM

no loss to report

In the past week, I lost one whopping pound and gained it back. I have been completely miserable with my job and bury myself in food and a glass of wine when I get home. Luckily, I am taking some time off and I will spend that time exercising.

Great job on France. I went there a few months ago and know how hard it is to resist the pastries!

LindaBC 08-28-2003 03:43 PM

This morning I'm happy to report that I'm finally into the 270s with the scale hovering between 278 and 279. I'm ecstatic and more than ever convinced that Atkins is the woe for me. It's slow but it's working. I have exceeded my challenge goal of losing 10 lb and have a 2 lb lead on the extra 5 lb bonus I'd hoped to lose by the end of August. I doubt if I can lose another 3 lb by Aug 31 but hey, you never know. Thanks for all your support, my friends.

minicarps 08-28-2003 06:54 PM

congrats lindabc! well done! :D

what is your secret? are you on induction and following it strictly? i can't seem to give up my coffee and wine;-)