Old 08-07-2003, 05:59 PM   #91  
Slimwithin

I'm down 8 lb now and feeling very good. Today I found Atkins Indulge bars on sale (the peanut butter cups ) but I have tossed them to the back of the freezer. I'm still on Induction and I bought them for later....much later. Egad, now I'm going to have to confess if I slip up and eat one.
Yesterday I missed my pool session so I hope to go tomorrow morning.
Good for you, Jennifer. Sometimes it's the little changes that make all the difference. For me, it's not having nuts or p.b. in the house (we'll forget the Indulge bars, ok?) I've gotta stop thinking about them.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:05 AM   #92  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Linda~Way to go on your 8lbs!!!! Im so thrilled for you!!!!!!! any yes, bury those bars deep in the bowels of your freezer

I got over my hungries about mid day yesterday, I had to get hubby to give me a pep talk, then I went for my walk after supper, and from then on, I was fine.

Im going to go get on the scale after I have another pee Hopefully its moved a bit. (in the proper direction)

I have notice that I have been holding water in my middle section,(pants are tight again in the waist and lower belly) but loosing it in my rear and legs. (have a baggy bum) So I dont know whats up with that. Its too far away from TOM to be bloated.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 08-08-2003, 09:28 AM   #93  
WW Moderator

Well I was a bad girl. I had chips and salsa last night. Makes me mad, because I do NOT want to cheat, and I haven't. I was waiting for the 5 pound dinner, but I ate chips. Today I am up 1.5 pounds, probably because they were so salty, and also cos they are evil carbs. Serves me right.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:30 AM   #94  
Lovin' Life

nope it hasnt moved yet
Old 08-09-2003, 02:40 PM   #95  
Slimwithin

OK, I confess. I've eaten two of those Indulge bars. They have been a treat for me at the end of a totally OP day and only if I've been within my carb range...sort of a reward. They are not the most wonderful candy in the world but better than nothing.
The scale was down a bit again this morning and I'm really hopeful that I'll be down a full 10 lb by Monday morning. That's the start of Week 3 of the challenge, Chicks. I have to say, this challenge thing is really helping me to stay focussed.

Ruth should be here within the hour. I'm so looking forward to a good cluck with her.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:14 PM   #96  
WW Moderator

Congratulations, Linda! I hope some of your success wipes off on me. I have been SO GOOD but the scale just isn't budging. I hope you and Ruth have a wonderful visit!

Robin, I hope your scale moves some more for you!
Old 08-10-2003, 08:51 AM   #97  
Lovin' Life

Well I blew it yesterday and already today. So Ive decided to take the weekend off, and get back to it tomorrow.

I know exactly why I blew it, and Im not going to let it take hold of me for the next 2 1/2 weeks.

unfortunatley, Im sure the scale moved the other way as of this morning......so Im NOT getting on it
Old 08-10-2003, 10:00 AM   #98  

Hi there! Hope you ladies don't mind if I butt in here. I haven't actually started Atkins' plan yet, but I figure that my mom and I will begin on the 16th or 17th. We'll be doing it together. This will be a first(the dieting together bit) so I'm rather excited about it. I'd like to lose around 20lbs and Mom about 30lbs. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks though because I've been terrible lately and I don't want to face the truth yet. As for my mom, well, I don't know her weight. I do both cardio and strength training, and I'm also working on my mom, trying to get her more active.

It seems like everyone's been doing really well so far, keep up the good work! It's certainly very encouraging.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:26 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Robin, hang in there hun. You'll have you mojo back in no time and there's some extra if you need it.

Group hug! for Robin.

Tummy
Old 08-10-2003, 03:40 PM   #100  
WW Moderator

It's ok Robin, just jump back in the saddle! Look at how far you have come, and remember you are strong enough to keep going. Tomorrow is a brand new day for you, and you will be victorious!

I'm doing ok...hopefully I will have good news on the scale in the morning. I've become an exercise fiend. I love it!
Old 08-11-2003, 06:13 AM   #101  

Oh Robin I'm sure that you'll be strong today... as will all of us!
I've decided that my challenge this week is to give up sugar, in preparation for starting Atkins'. This doesn't include sugar in fruits, however, just sugar in biscuit and candy. I just ate so much chocolate that I feel really ill. Ah well at least it's making me determined to give up the bad stuff!
Old 08-11-2003, 02:43 PM   #102  
Slimwithin

Default OK GANG. END OF WEEK 2 REPORTS PLEASE

I lost a total of 9 lb in the first two weeks of Induction. I'm very happy. Even though I know it's new blub that I lost (due to my latest binge), I'm still very happy that it's gone.

My challenge for the coming week will be to get enough water and to count my carbs more carefully (who would have thought cauliflower would have so many carbs?) I also have a party at my house next Sunday for my sis's birthday so there will be temptations galore then.

Come on challengers, how's everybody doing 2 weeks into the challenge?
Old 08-11-2003, 04:22 PM   #103  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Weigh in. 191lbs, started on July 19 I was at 205. Doing ok, but my eating habits could be better, some days are sooo darn busy that I have no time to eat till evening or late day! So that is my challenge this week, to eat more balanced!
Old 08-11-2003, 05:04 PM   #104  
WW Moderator

Wow Meowna, that is awesome!

Wow, Linda, you are amazing also!

Ok, don't laugh at me. I lost 2 pounds in the challenge so far. Hahaha! I have the metabolism of a turtle, I guess. I don't cheat, but it just didn't want to come off. I try not to get frustrated, and just look at the overall picture of 10 pounds since the start of July. I could be 10 pounds heavier, but I'm not! It's just going to take a while. Ok, now I convinced myself.

This week's challenge: Exercise every day. I think that was why I lost so slow. I didn't start exercising until Thursday. Well that is when I started losing weight again. Everyday I will exercise. I don't need a day off, no sense in it. Laying around won't burn this fat off, and I'm not getting any younger. Crack that whip!!!

BTW, I know I won't make my goal of 15 pounds for the challenge, considering I am already 4 pounds behind, but I will be happy to lose 2 pounds a week. That's attainable for somebody my weight.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:22 PM   #105  
Arizona Girl

Hello everyone!
I had one of those long stressful weeks, that went into the weekend! I cheated on Saturday..I had a hot pocket! It was so darn good, but I felt sooo darn bad, lol.

Anyway...I am back on the straight and narrow today. I am going to continue with induction until I loose ten more pounds. I have to loose this fat.

I missed reading everyones posts, and posting. I am so glad we are all here for each other!