Old 07-30-2003, 12:11 AM   #31  
WW Moderator

Mama J, you are exactly right, the measuring tape will tell us more than a scale. I wrote down my measurements a couple of months ago. I put them in my file box, and while Rob was looking for something, he pulls it out and starts reading aloud. He didn't know what he was reading, he was reading it to me so I could tell him what it was. Well he figured out what he was reading about the same time I did. Ugh. I took it and hid it in my desk. Now to find it!

Welcome all the newbies! I hope to hear much more from you!
Old 07-30-2003, 01:30 AM   #32  
Slimwithin

LOL, Jennifer, that's why I never write anything down. Too incriminating. I can just imagine me trying to explain. "Uh....those are the measurements of the new jetted tub I'd like to have, heheheh" or "Those are the measurements of the new 20 cu. ft fridge I've got my eye on."
Old 07-30-2003, 07:56 AM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Too funny, LindaBC and Jennifer! I hide my measurements in my PC as DH is very computer illiterate and would never look there.

Linda, darling, NO MORE NUTS - except the one coming for a visit August 9. Ju-Jubes are my downfall and nuts are yours! (Remind me not to bring nuts as a hostess gift.)

I'm rid of two of those pesky Fair pounds and am back in ONEderland. New fat is easier to lose than old fat. It pays to get at it before it sends out too many roots. Some of my fat has taproots after hanging on since the mid-80's!
Old 07-30-2003, 11:56 AM   #34  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Well I for one will dig out my tape measure and be brave. It will only say those numbers for now right! It will give me a better idea of where I am losing it. I know my bra is much more comfortable now, not falling out of it. ewww nastyness! HA

Linda- Hello! Been hotter than Hades here tooo.

We can do this. I have noticed while op I am not hungry, I am not looking for snacks. The first 3 days was the WORST. Now on day 15 I am doing great, down 11 lbs now (194lbs) Yeee Hawww.

I am trying to be Creative with my cooking so I don't feel left out, deprived or cheated. ha ha
Old 07-30-2003, 07:50 PM   #35  
Slimwithin

Well, the nuts are all gone. (I ate 'em ) Today I've been totally OP. I put in over an hour at the pool this morning because it felt so divine to be in the cool water with the big windows looking out over the mountains. I confess I didn't work very hard, just paddled end to end and did some water weight lifting but anything is better than nothing, right?
I went to the store and bought a good selection of meat. No way could I buy roasts though. It's too hot right now to have the oven on. Just the quick cooking stuff and, if I ever get my BBQ repaired, that will make life easier too.
The scale showed another pound gone this morning. I know it's water and there's a lot more where that came from. My eyelids are so puffy. I don't care how the weight goes as long as it does.

Good for you Meowna! I agree that once you've been OP for a few days, the cravings disappear. After that it's just the habit of munching on something all the time that can cause trouble. I guess we have to learn new, healthier habits but they all seem to involve the E word.
Ruth, I sure hope the weather cools off before you get here. This is insane. I'm sure it's in the high 30s today. (that's about 90 to you folks south of the border) Some people just love it but I'm not a hot weather kinda gal...unless I can be at a beach and that isn't gonna happen anytime soon.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Okay, so it's still too dang hot to walk outside, so I do the next best thing. I climbed the stairs around 800 times today, and I've been walking around while on the phone. Plus my little stretch and lift routine, so I'm pretty pleased. However, I've been drinking too much tea and not enough plain water lately! Must do better on that!
Old 07-30-2003, 10:02 PM   #37  
Arizona Girl

I was so tired last night I forgot to check in, sorry everyone ;(

OK But great news. I weighed myself this morning and I am at 227. I don't know how. Well actually I have been really strict on the diet, I have been drinking water like a camel and I have cut my portions back alot. Plus I excercise daily and I am in the process of a break up-so u know the stress does not make me want any food, lol. I think the combo of everything is helping! I am glad I have all of you to report to! LOL. Hopefully I will continue to loose! I have been drinking Edge shakes, if I feel a little hungry between meals! Which helps. They taste a little chalky at first, but then they start to grow on u, lol. Whatever works, right? I am really shocked at the rapidness. I forgot how quick it comes off when you actually take it seriously!
Old 07-30-2003, 11:42 PM   #38  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Wednesday's check in

very good day, the sugar cravings are finally totally gone, and the ghost hunger is gone too Im feel'n good about this!

Great going Julia on your missing lbs!!

Wow Meowna 11lbs good for you!!!

Yah!! for everyone doing their best!!

Nighty night
Robin
Old 07-31-2003, 04:58 PM   #39  
Slimwithin

Down 1 more pound this morning. I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh every day but we each have to do what works best for us. I find if I don't get on the scale every day, I tend to just ignore it which means I figure I'm not accountable for what I eat. Best to know right away, even if the scale can fluctuate for no particular reason. If it's up, even if it's just fluid retention, I can do something about it right away. Much better than waiting a week to find out I've gained 5 lb.
It's a bit cooler today and I should have been out in the garden but I had my bookkeeping/computer guru here helping me with some long-delayed work so I'm very happy to have most of it taken care of at last. I just hate having unfinished projects hanging over my head. (Well, I do have a lot that don't seem to bother me a bit but they're the kind you can tuck away in a closet or drawer and forget about. )
Old 07-31-2003, 09:15 PM   #40  
Pending Email Confirmation

I think I'm a couple of days late but count me in!! I just started Atkins, this is my 3rd day. It has been going very well. The last 5 or 6 times I joined WW I barely made it through 1 or 2 days before falling off the wagon. With all the meat and eggs I've been eating I feel more committed to following the plan or I'll really gain more weight!! This is a little easier for me to follow. I'd like to be down fifteen pounds at the end of week 5.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:23 PM   #41  
Arizona Girl

My day at work was long and stressful...on a usual day I would have had my stash of snicker bars, and m&m's--but you know I am just not having the carb cravings today at all. That was the only easy part of the day I think, not thinking (in a Homer Simpson way) "MMMMMMMMMMM!Icecream!!!!!!!!!" LOL.
I did not weigh myself today. I looked cute though. Noone can notice the weight loss, but in my heart I know I am 4lbs lighter so it made me feel like my size 18/20 booty (hee hee) was really a size 12 or 14! I was walking on air.
Alrightie everyone I might come on later and posts again, as I think I am addicted to reading and posting now.
Hope you had a great day.
Julia
Old 07-31-2003, 10:22 PM   #42  
Senior Chicky

Smile

Congrats going to the "losers" !! (Hope I'm one of you soon!)

A Huge Welcome to the Newbies! I am so excited about seeing you posting! Nice to see those of you posting on the Daily and hope that the other newbies will jump right on , too! We need to share our live and all the ups and downs of this weight loss!

I've had a very tuff day but proud/happy to admit, I'm still OP!

I'll try to fill in all the blanks tomorrow! But definately OP day #4

Janice
Old 07-31-2003, 10:30 PM   #43  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thursday's check in

Good op day, but everything really grated on my nerves today....I didnt get my walk in......its just too hot. I suspect I would have been even crankier when I got back being so hot.

Otherwise, I made it thru the day oh, I forgot to eat breakfast today..........this still amazes me!!!

night
Old 07-31-2003, 11:40 PM   #44  
WW Moderator

Well I made it again today, but sometimes I feel what is the point? Didn't lose anything again. Frustrating. No loss for 3 weeks now...well I did lose 3 pounds, but they mysteriously crept back on this morning.

I'm doing great on my eating plan, but still should be drinking more water. This week's goal! That is most likely my scale problem as well. I have dents in my ankles when I take socks off, even when wearing them only a short time. Tomorrow - 10 gallons! (not -- but I will do better)
Old 08-01-2003, 08:08 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Post Scale Strategy

Hi,

New to this particular forum, next challenge I'm totally in!

Just wanted to add a little idea that my doctor suggested about the scale that has helped me immensely. I'm a daily weigher, need the validation I guess, or the reassurance that I'm still on track but he suggested that I continue with this nasty little habit only, once a week I average the weights for the last seven days. Then that number is my weight for the week. The next week I do the same thing and I subtract the 2 numbers and that is my weight loss for the week!

With all the weight fluctuations that come with being female, god help us all, the averages account for the water weight, PMS and everything else, it's brilliant. I was stuck at 210 for 6 days and was getting really frustrated, then when I averaged everything out, I had really lost 6 pounds that week because of a huge drop at the beginning!

And as an added bonus, I'm not nearly a slave to that thing, the scale, anymore. The daily numbers don't mean much as it's the average I'm waiting for on Saturday. It sure helps with those days that I gain a pound for no reason at all too, it barely makes a blip when I add them all together.

Okies that's my 2 cents for today, it worked wonders for me, hope someone else can benefit too.

Tummy
220/204/145
HW/CW/GW
Started low-carb on July 13/03 at 220lbs