Old 03-31-2003, 04:41 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Daily chat Mar.31/03

Good morning chicks, this is the last day in March I cannot believe how the snow is going. TG. We will soon be able to drive around the driveway.
It is 5:30am,and raining a bit, so the snow will disappear again today. Talk about spelling,I bet mine is right up there with the worst of them

Well chicks I just started us up, so I must go and read some more on SARS
Have a large slice of a great day,a side order of grins, with SOP dipping sauce.

Love Tazcat
Old 03-31-2003, 07:40 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Taz! I just love your cheery morning posts.

Gorgeous day coming up here too. I sat on the deck during doggie potty time and listened to the birds. Yes, I wore a coat - it's still cold. Can you tell I've stopped leaping into full gear when I first get up? Then Lucy and I watched a bit of the war followed by the Discovery Channel. She sat and stared at the screen for a full ten minutes watching coyotes and elk! Tele-tubbies for doggies! Lucy seldom sits still except when she is asleep - she does lie down to sleep.

It was too darn cold to do any outside raking yesterday so I goofed off and did some (very little) sewing odds and ends. I think I should just pack away the dribs and drabs of mending and altering and make something fun and fab for spring/summer! I've been spending too darn much time procrastinating - and sneaking in a few games of Spider Solitaire.

Today's outside work will be a bit of raking and gathering up some of the many baskets that Lorraine gave me last year. I work in the Greenhouse tomorrow morning and will take them in. I also will take in my two front flowerboxes to get them planted for instant decor mid-May! I am so lucky!

Good morning to the rest of us. Have a great brand new week!
Old 03-31-2003, 08:52 AM   #3  

Red face WAKIE WAKIE SLEEPYHEADS!!!

Well, Ladies how are we doing this morning?? I am doing pretty good so far, dishwasher emptied, and laundry started, need to get dusting--I think I could write my name on the TV, where does all this dust come from??

Well, the puppy did pretty good until 4:00 am when she decided she was done sleeping and ready to play! When I did not comply right away she whined until DH woke up--well, of course I had to get up then! Soooo, I need to get puppy (Cocoa) on MY sleep schedule, the little booger is lying here sleeping at my feet now.

I am sooooo sabotoging myself! I have been trying to stay on this WOE for three months now, and I should be seeing a significant weight loss, but I will do well for a few weeks--then cut loose--I need help!!!!!! Please guys-kick my butt and stay on me--I need you all to keep reminding me why I am here--Where is NEttie BTW?? She had the little with "drop the cookie"-that always made me smile--COME BACK NETTIE!!
Seriously guys--I need to do this! Any and all help will be appreciated!

Ruth--will you PM me your e-mail and I willl send puppy pics and my pics to you to post--thanks!!

See you girls-have a great OP day!!
Miss D
Old 03-31-2003, 08:54 AM   #4  
Big Loser

Good morning Chickadees!!

At work and not interested, DS is bck in school this morning - have to get back in the routine....I am sorry to say I ate horribly this weekend - after doing so well for so many months. OH WELL!! Today is a new day!

Hope it is great for everyone!
Old 03-31-2003, 09:12 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies!

Well yesterday felt like someone finally unclogged the pipes!! I dont think Ive ever pee'd so much! Im certainly feeling better for it!!

Hubby and I went to an outlet mall yesterday, and out of 150 stores, I only found a couple t-shirts and one pair of shorts that I liked, but not enough to buy them. I think I need another trip up to St.Jacobs in Ontario. I found oodles and oodles of clothes I liked there!! Most of the stuff in the malls is too .....I dont know the word for it, just too much. And the stuff they have out for little girls these days! If I wanted my daughter to dress like a hooker, I could understand. But she's 6!!!! Well, anyway I found an osh kosh outlet and they had some very nice stuff for little girls.

Today should be another fairly quiet day. Hubby agreed to go for a walk with me, so we will likely head over to the park for that. Then maybe some grocery shopping.

Have a great day ladies
Robin
Old 03-31-2003, 09:39 AM   #6  

Good morning all,

About the snow, it's still snowing here!!! We got a good bit yesterday and it is still coming down (light) now. I can't believe it. Friday I was in shorts!

Anyway, I haven't been feeling good and I find that when I don't feel good, I have no appitite for protien. I don't know why, just turns my tummy. I haven't eaten a lot, just most are carbs. It sucks. I will answer to the scale today as well!

I get to see if my scale is like the docs scale. My daughter has to go in today (think she may have an ear infection) so I'm going to check. I am nervous that it will say I weigh more!

Well that's all for this morning, I must eat something before I go to the doc.

Everyone have a great day!

Bella23
Old 03-31-2003, 09:45 AM   #7  

Robin I agree a 110%!!! The clothes they make for children are horrible. You really have to wade through a pile of streetwalker clothing to get to anything decent. I've been lucky that m is still small enough I can find some denet things, but as she grows older I know this will be a more difficult task!

I had a very nice morning after a horrible night. SH didn't take the dog outside for the whole time he was awake (at 2am!) and she defacated in her cage!!! So here I am at 2:30 am (GRRRRR....) cleaning out her cage, disinfecting it, spraying the air for the foul odors and then taking her into the bathroom to clean her up! I was basically awake all night and caught only 1 1/2 hours sleep, between 5:30 and 7am! Can you say ANGRY!?!?! Revenge thought: Dump the soiled cage on SH's head.
Now my morning so far has been much nicer. I got M registered for her swimming class and today was her first day of preschool. She was so excited and I am so happy for her. And it turns out there are some other children that also go to this program that were also in the daycare with M so she knows some kids already! That will make the transition so much easier...

Have you guys heard that there's a 21 month old now at Sick Kids with SARS? How scary is that!?!?

Have a good one everyone
Old 03-31-2003, 09:50 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

pooky, what is sars?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:54 AM   #9  

Post Good morning Ladies!

Good morning! Just popped in to say that. I didn't get much exercise done this weekend so as I type this I have on my Sneakers ready to go do my 30 mins of Denise Austin fat burning. I also plan to power walk later today with my sil. I plan to make up for my lack today. Miss D stop goofing and get back on the program otherwise we'll all be slim and sexy and you may not . So come on. Maybe we should have some sort of challenge? I'm sort of new and have never been part of any challenge so maybe someone can come up with one. Lord knows I could use some sort of boost . Ruth hope you enjoy your gardening . Everyone have a wonderful day catch you'll later,time to . bye for now.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:03 AM   #10  

Robin, SARS is Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, it's a new viral infection that has come out of Asia that attacks the lungs and is killing people. It is EXTREMELY contagious and has closed down hospital emergency rooms. The government has called in the HAZMAT units and are asking all workers to use masks and to quarantine themselves. The most north it has got so far is Barrie, most of the cases are contained to Toronto. Literally, everyone is afraid because it is just like catching a cold except it could kill you. My SIL works at CityTV and she has heard it was started in Beijing from a professor who had it and stayed at a hotel and then some Canadians used the same room and they brought it back here. very, very scary. They have the baby in respiratory isolation, gosh I hope she's OK. There are 4 people dead so far and 100's infected and may or may not know it.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:11 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Ok, when I was in cambridge for the march break, thats when I first heard about it. I didnt know what they had called it. Its all over the papers here in Buffalo.

Its very scary!

Wash your hands Wash your hands Wash your hands!!
Old 03-31-2003, 11:45 AM   #12  

Good afternoon all!
Long time-no post. I have caught the flu/headcold thing again. I know it is stress causing it but I am tired of being sick!!!
This SARS thing is scarey. I dont think there have been any cases of it here in NS.
It is raining buckets and the last of the snow is gone!!!!! I am so happy. I have not been OP for almost two weeks but I have lost 3 pounds. The end of Lent is in sight and I've got to boogy to get down 7 more.
Biopsy is next Monday and I am at the point I want it over.
I will try to get back here again soon. I am going back to bed to read Dannielle Steele and drink my water.
Hope you all are well(and your snow is gone too!!)
Tammy
Old 03-31-2003, 01:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hello, all. This a.m. my car was frozen shut. I had to run the air conditioning in the house yesterday??????? I'm really confused! So are my poor sinuses, trying to figure out what darn season it is. Ugh!

Had a weekend, can't say whether good or bad, just glad it's over and now the grind can begin again. Hard work keeps my mind off things, you know?

Hope you're all having a wonderful day today, talk to you later!
Old 03-31-2003, 02:03 PM   #14  

Hi gang.. Don't know if you remember me from a few weeks back.. I'm sorta here again not here member..LOL Anyhow I just wanted you all to know I'm still hanging in with low carbing.. Only a few pounds left to goal.. I bought myself a new pair of pants Size 10.. and to think back in October I was a 14-16..I feel fabulous.. Love this way of eating..
Old 03-31-2003, 03:45 PM   #15  

Afternoon all!

Jo-Anne-Thanks for checking in on us and telling us your good news!! Everytime I read something like that--I really think maybe I can do this! My problem is more laziness than anything-to lazy to go to the store and buy the right things to eat-to lazy to get my butt in gear to exercise-to lazy to say NO to Taco Bell-it is a battle everyday!

Has anyone ever went to a weight-loss hypnosis group? I think I might attend one Wednesday night-now mind you ladies, I don't believe anyone can lose weight without really working at it--but--maybe it will motivate me-ya know? Anyway it is free at the Holiday in-I'll let you know.

Sherry-the temps here are doing the same thing-it was like 77 on Friday--today it is like 40 and I have been freezing my bejeebes off all day!
Tammy-good to hear from you-don't be a stranger-we want to know how things go!

Pooky-That SARS thing sounds horrible-I think I did read about it in the paper though-what is this world coming too??

Robin-I think I know what you mean about the shopping thing, my problem is that the things are to little--not too much!!

bella--hope the scales say what you want--keep yelling at me please--I need it!!!

Robin--here we go again-I posted my food today and I saw you did too--let's do this!!!!
Ruthie-Taz and anyone I missed-have a wonderful day, and lets continue to pray for all the soldiers and their families!

Miss D