Old 10-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #1  

Default Low Carb Daily Chat, week of Oct 17-23

guess everyone took Sunday off! So here's the daily thread for the week-

I'm at work, toiling away...not really

It's a quiet Monday, not much going on. I have been doing OK with the food thing...and am going to DS for supper tonight, to get some away-from-home time. DS will make a roast beast, and promises NO DESSERT except fruit. Maybe a little red wine The weekend was hectic, errands, chores, you know- same old, same old.

DH is off tonight and will stay home to keep MIL company. She has not been feeling well for the past few days. I'm taking her to the dr today for bloodwork.

L, I got a nice walk in Sunday- felt good!
Kel- how was the baseball game?
Meowna, Krista, Ruth, LindaBC, Sono(I know you're out there), anyone else? Have a great day...start your week off right and do something healthy for yourself today!
dottie
Old 10-19-2004, 12:27 AM   #2  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

I am here. Went crabbing today, got nada. Not up to much other than that. Weather is wet and cold, ick. Roast beast sounds yummy Dottie! I have one in my freezer, will have to make it soon.
TTFN Yall
Old 10-19-2004, 07:14 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning,
A rainny wet day here. Older boy has a sore throat, off to see the Dr, strep is going around.

DH is off for a few days. I have a ton of bake sale stuff to make, Wish me luck!

I walked a ton this weekend. I took 2 walkes each day and really enjoyed it. The good news is that I have lost a few ounds and that is enough for me to keep motivated!

off to take the kids to shool. Happy day
-L
Old 10-19-2004, 08:29 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cloudy and cold here but I think the sun may peek through. I'm now in woodstove mode and am going to try very hard not to ***** about lugging wood!

I wasn't around much over the weekend because I had a two day Church meeting and then the last show at the Mill on Sunday. I was also a bit down because one of Hershey's puppies died after an agonizing three days for Morna who listened to him crying and Hershey giving her fustrated bark when she couldn't comfort him. Poor tiny thing - failing puppy syndrome is terrible.

On a happier note, I went to see the Girls yesterday and had a great visit and even a walk with them. Their puppies are just wonderful! Lucy's litter are at the silly puppy stage and very cute. Hershey's brood are still at the lying there and waiting for the next meal stage! Their eyes are opening so they will be mobile very soon. Both litters look very good - good strong bones are showing well in Lucy's babies. The prize male is adorable and picked up lots of white from Lucy's recessive colour gene and his dad's white one. A picture is attached! He is already sold to a breeder in California and will be shown and then used for stud, providing he passes all the health and personality tests.

Today is a pretty quiet day around here. I will do my walk down for the paper and then some outside chores. I have pea soup simmering and the house smells wonderful! i love that part of Fall!

Crabbing, Meowna? That's something I must get MEW to have me do next time I'm out there.

LindaBC, I hope you are soon able to get back on track with us and, if not yet, pop in and post.

Sono, I hope you read this and check out the puppy picture. There may be some adults available for placement if you are still interested.

L144S, too bad about the sore throat. If it's strep, a trip to the doc is certainly worth it.

Dottie, enjoy your time away. This caregiving thing is very tiring and I'm sure you feel a bit out of place in your own home. I hope MIL improves fast.

Kel, where are you? Did I miss something last week?

Krista, how is the program going for you? I'm back at walking but am still eating too many carbs - GOOD carbs but still carbs!

Harry is whining for breakfast and a trip to the Library so I'm outta here.

Happy Tuesday!

The puppy pic is already posted in this thread over in South Beach.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48089
Old 10-19-2004, 08:52 AM   #5  

I was good when my mom came down- I actually cooked for her and she liked the food- so I was able to stick to my 20 carbs or less. We went out to eat and I had a salad with all my free foods and a baked chicken and a piece of fish- we went to a steakhouse buffet.

This weekend was real nice- the Nascar race at Lowes on Sat night under the lights, and then the zoo Sunday with my mom, FI, his son, and MIL brought subway with us and had a picnic before we went in. My mom went back Monday morning. Next time I'll see her is the week after Christmas (we're doing Christmas with the ILs this year and then the week after with my parents- next year will be Christmas with my parents and the week after with the ILs)

getting harder now- I've always been an emotional eater and there's been some problems lately. My FI and I can't have children and that's been my dream as long as I can remember. We went to a dr yesterday and she said we're looking at least $10,000 for any procedure (which our insurance doesn't cover). I was upset last night when we got back and still am and I ate a little bit more than what I was supposed to (chips and soda) I feel awful about it now- I need to learn how to break that too because once my 6 weeks are up I don't want to put back on all my weight. I wrote to Oprah because she has those shows on all the time- make people's dreams come true. 10k to her is pocket change. If she doesn't write back or answer, we're no better or worse off then what we are now I guess. All we could do is take a chance that she sees something in my letter.

It's weigh in tonight. Naked I weigh 192 now on my home scale- I think it's off a bit though. so I'm hoping for around 196-197 at weigh in. Chris said last night in bed was the first time he saw me look skinnier in my thighs and butt- that's where I carry it most, so it's nice that someone's noticing, even if it's my FI.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:44 AM   #6  

Oh, Kandice, I'm sorry about the bad news from the doc. Have you thought about adoption? I know that is having children of your blood lines is important but there are many children out there that need loving, giving parents.

Hi, Ruthie! You could go on and on about those sweet puppies all day for all I care! What a little cutie that white marked male is!!! So sad about Hershey's littlest.

Meowna - I LOVE crab! So are you all settled in with all boxes unpacked yet? How is the little guy adjusting to the new place?

L - Baking? Uh oh - that sounds dangerous. You're doing great with your walking!

Dottie - I hope you enjoyed your visit. That is the kind of stuff you are going to need to fit into your schedule to remain sane, I beleive. Hope MIL is feeling better today. Oh, the baseball game on my birthday was great! Bry hit really well and pitched a couple innings.

Ok - better run. I've got to shoot off a letter to my lawyer since, right on que, SHx is trying to stir things up again (did his best to ruin my birthday weekend). He even called a neighbor and left a rude message since the guy is trying to help me out in the yard. SSDD!

Kel
Old 10-19-2004, 11:20 AM   #7  

no adoption- I have a SS (age 11)- from FI's first marriage but it's not the same. I love the kid as my own- the mom signed away parental rights so he's "mine" but I want one of my own, as selfish as it sounds.

we'll find a way- after all the wedding is right at $20k that we never thought we'd be able to come up with- paid all but 3k of it ourselves...
Old 10-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Kandice, it is a process....any news you don't want to hear keepss you looking for more answers. I had a friend that did fetrtility for 12 years (unexplained) and she like you wnated a biological child. long story short, they ended up adopting a girl and a boy from Russia. I can't imaging her not having those 2 kids and for her her family is complete.

No strep for older boy, I think it is just being overscedualed and what is not planned pops up and sleep becomes less important.

Ruth, I want those little black and white pups! Our girls are litterly on their last legs. Hannah is very arthritic although her brain seems to be mostly intact (really hard of hearing, I am glad we taught hand signals when we trained them) she is so sad to look at and getting around gets harder by the day. I hope the snow holds off because that will be what finally makes it impossible for her to go out.

Molly has cancer and although on the outside looks fine, she has cut back on how much she will eat. She passes on meals, I know this can't be good....

I am taking the day off from walking today because of the rain but I plan to get on the eliptical tonight. I am in an obssesive mode about the exercise.

As for baking, I use the term loosly. I make choclate covered pretzles. They take up the whole kitchen but timming isn't everything....

off to deliver a project i finished this morning....
-L
Old 10-20-2004, 10:51 AM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Morning,
Been for my 5 mile walk this morning and caught up on a few things. We spent 3 hours making chocolate coverd pretzles after school. we made just over 100 of them and Not too bad. I only ate 1.

I have library today and the school rummage sale starts organizing too. Campus should be busy.., I have a 4 hour shift tomorrow and then temple duty until 6. it will be a LONG day but I hope to get out and walk again.

So just a pass though on my way out, have a good day and take a little time for yourselves to exercise, meditate or whatever it take to take care of you.
-L
Old 10-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Good advice about time for yourself, L144S. I had a stressful start to the morning with Harry problems but took a whole hour to soak in the tub and wash away my stress.
I'm off to do some financial stuff and will then go play with my darling puppies. We do ship to the States, by the way! tee hee!
Happy Hump Day to all!
Old 10-20-2004, 04:25 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Ruth,
I do want one of those little pups, but the timming is not right. Maybe the next litter ok? my "girls" would not take to kindly to an "inturder". The Gerbils did not go over well for them...
Old 10-20-2004, 05:31 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

I really was kidding, L144S. These two litters are all sold as of today but there will be more. The kennel has more females than just my two!
Old 10-20-2004, 06:55 PM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

I wan't kidding!
I hope I can let you know when we will be ready.
-L
Old 10-21-2004, 01:23 PM   #14  

Thursday, lunchtime, at work...

It's been a busy morning here with a meeting, a patient needing admission, and a lot of little details, returning phone calls, etc. Why are these things winding up on MY desk? Oh, that's right, They pay me to work, not chat on the internet!

I let myself get too hungry just now and had that little shakey feeling from low blood sugar- practically swallowed my lunch whole! I get so hungry if I go too long without eating. Fortunately, I rarely miss an opportunity to stuff my face, so it doesn't happen much! But then I eat the wrong things...I'll do better tonight.

Nothing new, just hello to all- Ruth those little ones are adorable. Hi Kandace, Meowna, L, Kel, VaLady(I see you out there!) and everyone else- I know that LindaBC must be around somewhere lurking, and maybe some others?

have a good one,
dottie
Old 10-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #15  

first off- I tried Atkins Morning start cereal- berry- YUCK! oh man! I think I may swallow up the carbs and go for 1 cup of my cheerios with strawberries instead! gross! so...
gotta question for everyone...

I'm on phase 2 now (Curves diet), 40- 60 carbs a day, how do you (or do you) not feel guilty about eating all your carbs in one sitting? background: I'm a huge pasta eater (before starting the diet) and now that I'm on phase 2 and can bring back some foods, I bought low carb pasta but it still has 31 carbs in it! I'm eating 6 meals a day, so that means my other 5 meals can't be very heavy in carbs. I love Chocolate too and bought one of the atkins bars to try but that's 14 carbs! man!

I want to get out and eat "normal" foods and not lettuce or green peppers, radishes, cheese, all the time! I found some wheat wraps that were 10 carbs per wrap so I made myself a turkey and lettuce sandwich for lunch (meal #3 today) yummm sandwiches! and Dannon carb Control yogurt for meal #4, FI is making me jello for snacks for tonight- sugar free 0 carbs and I got some popsicals too - 3 carbs- for my night time snack

and one more- what motivates everyone? is it just the scale- seeing it go down and down? I know I'm going to plateau sometime (and probably soon- I've lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks and then this week I've lost another 5 lbs so far) what can I think of to make me keep on even when I'm not showing improvement? My big thing is that I wanted to take off the weight for so long- to get the clothes fitting good and in style- but the big push was the wedding- who doesn't want to look good for their wedding pics and honeymoon bathing suits.... any advice to keep at it after I plateau?