Old 10-10-2003, 04:09 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Tgif, Daily Chat

Good Morning Chicks and ROOSTER. How is everything going in your coop today?? I was reading some of the posts and read where someone was going to a ball, well I thought they were going to an exercise ball, then I read that they were getting a gown to do this Get where I am coming from, well so much for this.
You all are doing so well, I can't seem to stick with this for one day. I am going to try today. I have my lunch packed.
Well I want to look at some more threads, have more coffee, it is now 5:am, then off to work.

The way is long-
let us go together.
The way is difficult-
let us help each other.
The way is joyful-
let us share it.

Tazcat
Old 10-10-2003, 08:23 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Taz, and all to come.

Gorgeous day here and I seem to have what is best described as Spring Fever! Oy! I'd love to just loaf on the chaise but it's been put away up in the loft along with the wicker porch furniture! I guess I'll just have to content myself with coffee on the deck later this morning. (The deck chairs are still out but the cushions are covered with dew so don't park your tush there for a bit, Ruthie.)

It's Thanksgiving weekend and our Old Stone Mill is re-opening after several years of restoration. It's a national historic site so we expect loads of visitors in the Village this weekend. Come for a visit! http://www.rideau-info.com/stonemill/index.html

There is a big bake and produce sale at the Mill over the weekend so I will probably do some baking. They didn't phone me about it this year, probably because of H's stroke, but I think I will bake something if the Martha spirit moves me. On the other hand, some jars of salsa and pear chutney would be appreciated and are already made!

Nearly 8:30. I'm dressed but still need my shoes. Flylady would not approve!

Have a great Friday.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:11 AM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

I am still feeling pretty crumby with this cold, but I have so much to do that I have to just ignore it!

My Kids are going on a field trip to the bowling alley for Cosmic bowling. Have you all heard of that? THey use blac lights and florecent clothing and have smoke and all sorts of stuff while they are bowling. It was a prize for selling magazines at school. Should be interesting! I get to be a chaperone!

Got on the scale yesterday just to see if all the cold meds I have been taking has hurt me as far as losing weight. I havent gone to the gym any other day but Monday and I still show a 2 ppound loss. I am going to wait until Monday to make it offical.. but I am pretty impressed that I can still lose weight and be sick! LOL!

Well I better run.. Hope all are well!
Old 10-10-2003, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Losing weight while sick is a great accomplishment! I've got the dreaded cold/cough/sinus/feel like crap! And all I want to do is lay around all day under a blanket and eat chicken soup. Carb loaded chicken soup! Oh, well, I can always work extra hard when I feel better.

Other than that, it's the last weekend of the Fair here, and dd doesn't want to go. I don't want to go, either. Her dad wants to take her, but if she refuses to go, what can I do? I remember being so excited about the fair as a kid, but she could really care less! Anyway

Hope you're all having a great Friday, talk to you soon!
Old 10-10-2003, 01:01 PM   #5  

Good Morning.
(At least is is now that the commute is over. I HATE traffic)
For those of you who know the Seattle area - it took me 30 minutes to get from mid-Boeing field to the Mercer St exit. This after hearing a traffic report about how there was nothing to report in King County and we should all just enjoy the "typically light Friday traffic".

On to more positive stuff. TOM is here, but it looks like I'm still losing weight. Maybe a couple more pounds, but I, too, am going to wait until Monday to make it official. And my ketostix are all of a sudden DARK purple. I guess that's good.

All my jeans are too loose, except a pair of ragged, stained ones. I've gotten tired of hitching up my pants all day, so I did buy one new pair of jeans to get me through until I can get into the 3-4 pairs that are just a bit too snug to wear in public. Maybe I should buy a belt!

jen
Old 10-10-2003, 10:41 PM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

OMG Jen! 30 minutes??? and they said it was light??? NO WAY!

Good for you on the jeans! WTG!!