Old 01-08-2003, 07:08 AM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Wed, hump day chick chat

Morning, wakie wakie!

Snow again this morning! Got to get the Kids off to school. Be back later!

-L
Old 01-08-2003, 07:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

SNOW!
I heard the plows very early this morning and thought "No drive to Brockville for bloodwork today!" I just refuse to drive on crappy roads. Even my husband says I'm a good driver but there are lots of a**holes out there.

I am so happy that Pooky has her Rosie home safely. I wonder what she was up to all this time. Maybe someone took her in and cared for her because 13 days is a long time for a wee girlie of 4 months.

We also are delighted to have just learned that our friend John is to receive the Queen's Golden Jubilee medal for his years of work in HIV/AIDS. Isn't that great? He and his partner Rob are great guys and certainly are a blessing to us and others in the community. They are Hersh and Lucy Uncles and official high lightbulb changers.

This Fly Lady thing is great! I'm about to do the 27 Fling today. Crappy Christmas candles, napkins, mismatched glasses and dishes....some to the Spring yard sale but the rest to the dump!

After 13 years of crummy kitchen cutlery, I bought a set for 16 of matching good stainless. What a concept! When we bought this house, we were just going to use it weekends, like a cottage, so I got el-cheapo stuff and ended up with mismatched. Now is the time! Yes, I'm spending MEW's inheritance.

Gotta throw in a load of sheets and towels. I may as well get stuff done this morning so I can loaf around with sewing magazines this afternoon and plan my future.

Have a good Hump Day
Old 01-08-2003, 08:31 AM   #3  

Happy Hump Day!

"Mom! Donny is getting his socks from the dirty laundry!" I just received a call from home and the boys are fighting, Darren is throwing a tantrum. I am at work and dh, or should I call him sh, is in bed while the boys are trying to get themselves ready for school. I have been getting 3 calls a morning from the boys while I am at work. SH cannot seem to get back into the routine, so he wakes up the boys and goes back to bed. grrrrrrr!

DH / SH had a late evening at our friends home helping her take down her Christmas decorations, as her husband travels during the week. He helps around her house more than he does his own, something smell rotten, but I do not know what to think.

Ruth ~ SNOW! you are so lucky our temps are to get up to 50F today! Please send some of your snow down to Michigan. Congrats to your friend John, my dh did clinical trial work in HIV/AIDS several years ago and I learned so much about it. The volunteer workers are tremendous and very important to finding a cure.

Pooky ~ Still doing the Happy Puppy Dance! I bet Miree is so excited!

L ~ Morning to you!

Jif ~ Best of luck to you today! Hope the interview goes well.

Have a great op day!
Old 01-08-2003, 08:56 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning......chilly start to the day, but it promises to warm up to around 60.

jenny.........sounds like hubby needs a good talking to. I don't mean to feed the fire, but why does he think it is okay to go back to bed and leave the little guys on their own? And...........oh lord, just smack me.........my hubby spent four years leaving home on Mondays, going to NYC and coming home on Friday nights and I never had a "man" come in and help me do anything around the house. Is the friend a "needy" type who can do nothing on her own. jenny just tell me to mind my own business. I'm pmsing today and a soap box has my name on it.

stepping down now, trying to remain calm.

Ruth congrats to your friends!!!

Jiff.........knock 'em dead in the interview!!!

Pooky are you still floating high? I hope so, finding Rosie safe and sound was just the best news I heard yesterday.

L hope the snow melts soon.

Chickadee........we need a poem?? Did you hear that Tom Glavin went to the Met's...........the only way it could be worse is if he went to those darn Yankee's.

to our new posters welcome, please join us on our daily, as you can see we discuss ANYTHING

daughter went back to school today, thank goodness, she and I were starting to get on each others nerves. Middle son started back on Monday. Took my credit card today to buy books........I hate that, they are so darn expensive. Hope he can get a few used, but they always go first. He had an accounting book from last semester, posted it on the school bulleting board and had it sold in a matter of minutes after he walked in the door. We had so many phone calls we could have easily sold 5-6 more!!

Off to begin my day, have a good one all
Debbie
Old 01-08-2003, 09:05 AM   #5  

Thumbs down Coffee anyone??

Morning Ladies, not much movement yet.....we probably need some coffee...the LEADED kind! I'll get some...

Alright--noone has commented on my heartfelt question about caffeine--is it nil during induction?? I have been having my one cup of coffee, and also 1 diet pepsi--am I totally ruining it? I am getting headaches even with my 2 shots of caffeine a day--it is day 4 for me, and I'm not sure if it is lack of caffeine or lack of carbs --any comments???

DonDar--I'm afraid I'd have to KICK dh/sh out of bed in the morning!! HOw old are your boys? My husband would not be able to get out girls ready unless I left EVERYTHING laying out plus detailed insturctions....

Ruth--SNOW?? We are having a heat wave today--up to 45 and WINDY--(means more OT for DH)

Rosie and Pooky--keep warm today and enjoy each other!

My 4 year old came home from preschool yesterday and propped her big feet up on my lap and asked me to rub her foot--of course I obliged thinking it was funny as she has never requested such treatment before, then she tells me she needs her other foot rubbed--OK Ok I stopped rubbing the one and started on the other--then she says--"Mom, don't you have 2 hands??"
I had to tell her to get up before I laughed in her face!! She was definetely wanting the royal treatment!!

Well, I gonna try to whip up some breakfast!

mis
Old 01-08-2003, 09:23 AM   #6  

mis! you got my kind of girl there!!!!

Just a quick fly in this morning.....errands with the little guy and mom, lunch with the big kid, psyche appt for the little guy this afternoon.

Jenny, sweetie, your dh is gonna ruin my mellow! I would gently (?) poke a finger at his chest and say, "listen, if you are not able to help the boys get ready for school in the morning, perhaps you should ask your friend Mrs _______ to come over and help you......seems to me SHE owes you a favor!"

love ya to pieces....wish I could help you in person!!!!!

gotta run...looking forward to poetry time here!

peach
Old 01-08-2003, 09:48 AM   #7  

Mis, I have never given up my coffee and I have had success. You have to see how it works for you.
Old 01-08-2003, 09:52 AM   #8  
Senior Chicky

Talking Good morning ya'll !!

Hey Ruthie ~ are you repeating yourself or am I seeing double this morning? Here, have a nice hot cup of coffee and wake up!

Jenny ~ I may not be the right one to step up on the soap box next !! However, I may not be able to my lip either !!! Address it hon. He married you, not her! And you definately have a right to expect him to take care of his household, his children and not that of someone else!! It's not as though she had an emergency! Christmas decorations? I suppose that's something she couldn't wait until her husband came home??? He needs to get his priorities straight!!

Debbie ~ Know what you mean about the kiddos back to school! Michael (16) spent most of his time at the deer lease but he and his friends have kept my house trashed for the last 2 weeks! Today is definately cleaning day! Hope DS can find some used books! What's the word on the job search?

Mis~ What a girl! Has she been watching you do the same for dad or just getting your training started? Imagine what she'll be like at 16 !!

Peach ~ Slow down, mellow, do a craft!

Jif ~ Good luck with the interview today!

Chickadee !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep flylady stuff today in preparation of the furniture delivery tomorrow! I want to get the ceiling fans cleaned, wood floors nice and shiney! A bit disappointed that they're not delivering the coffee table and end tables until Friday but at least we can get the entertainment center set up. We have a 70" TV and tho it's big I hate all the "stuff" sitting on top of it!!

If I have any time left I hope to "find" the boys room! Deb, I don't know whose DS's are the worse, yours or mine! I wouldn't want to get this close !!

Welcome all new posters! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Have a great one!

Janice
Old 01-08-2003, 10:08 AM   #9  
Big Loser

Good morning CHickies!!!

i am at work and it is as usual nutty - I work with crazy people.!!!

Jenny - I agree with the others SHDH needs to keep his butt a home and take care of his kids.....or quite possibly he should find somewhere else to park his carcass. A few years ago my SHDH had a problem with helping - I took a new job in TN and left him home with a 1 and 3 yr old for 2 months til we moved, taught him a valuable lesson - he has been a prince (with occasional frog slips) since then!!! He would not be hlping any friend in the off hours either!!!! Ok I will shut up now too!!

Pooky - can't wait to hear about Rosie,I bet she was excited to see you!!!!

Ruth - when you are done at your house mine needs some flylady help tooooooo!!!!!

Jif - good luck I am sure you will be smokin!!!!

missed - I drink coffee (2 cups) and green tea and it has been okay!!! Don't torture yourself by going cold turkey!!!

Have a great Hump day everyone!!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 11:17 AM   #10  

Hi everyone! It's grey here again in NYC. When will we see the sun???

Jenny - I feel the same way the rest of the ladies do! However, I have noticed in my own personal experience that men will try to get away with anything, as long as they are not told specifically not to do it. I mean it, they will really push the envelope if they can. I have observed this not only in men I have dated, but in my father (who loves my mother very much) and friend's husbands.

If it really bothers you, you need to tell him that it is unacceptable. That's it, no arguments. I wonder what this woman's husband thinks????? Especially if things around your own home are not getting done. Believe me, if you are firm and stand your ground (he will probably argue with you) and just repeat it over and over, without anger, that this is unacceptable and must stop - NOW - he will probably listen. Also, I'd stop accepting the kids calls at work too. If they can't reach you, they'll start to bug him about this stuff.

Sorry to take the tough love approach...
Old 01-08-2003, 11:19 AM   #11  
Ready!!!

Good Morning L-Great to get the wee ones off.

Pooky- Just the news we all needed. A great pick up for us all.

Ruth-Glad the snow is in your Prov. Hope it stays there.. but if history repeats itself, we get it next and we don't have any more room for it.
Tell John and Rob congrats. from me.
Ruth, be careful-Fly Ladies 27 flling boogies are contagious. DH is really into this. We have had more garbage since I have been at this site than I have all year,"love Her"

DonDar- Like " H E double hocky sticks" DH would be helping at friend house late at night. Unless she looked like the mother on the Golden Girls show.

Debbie-before you know it school will be out for the year, so think of those new books as money when you resell them?

Mis-I have a lot of headaches on this LC diet. I know that I am doing something wrong. I will not give up my coffee so that could be it. Who said onions have a lot of carbs? I didn't know that

Peach-Have a great day you said it girl

Janice- a 70" TV, well I know I could talk DH into coming to visit you.

And Scoobie2- Have a great day at work. Remember the others are crazy not you

Do you know how great it is to take so much time in this thread. I usually am on my way to work so I have five min. I still have the ful bug, so am on day 3 at home with it. Lots of poop . I know Too much info. I should do good at weigh intonight.

And a good day to all the rest of the chicks, old, and newly hatched.

Well I must go and proof read this book,haha.
Tazcat
Old 01-08-2003, 11:20 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Peach, Kelly is Barbie's little sister (so they say )...

SNOW !!!! @@%$#&^$(_@^&$@(^ !!!!!!!

Leenie
Old 01-08-2003, 12:06 PM   #13  

I'm back ladies--just picked up queenie girl from pre-school--and was checkin' in..

Tazcat--Onions--1 cup raw=13.81 carbs-- if you ever eat a whole cup at one sitting let me know--lol

Green onions--1 cup (that's alot of green onions) 7.34 grams carbs.

I loooove green onions--but I don't think I could eat a cup in a day!!

Thanks guys for the caffeine answer--anyone still on the diet soda? I still have one of those a day too--which is reeeaaaallly alot less than before.

well, Queenie is whining for her nap--yes she is her mother's daughter!

mis
Old 01-08-2003, 12:25 PM   #14  

I still haven't been able to give Diet Mt Dew or Diet Code Red. Luckily the airfares are starting to go down, so maybe I won't have to sacrifice my caffeine.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:05 PM   #15  

HELLO!

I posted the update on Rosie on the New Year's Miracle thread, so have a peek over there. Now for my personal miracle, dum-dum-da-dum! Drum roll please...I weighed in today for my first offical KICK your bod back into shape challenge and I am down to 201 pounds!!!!!! Whooooooohoooooo!! I am now officially into "old fat". Wow, do you think I could even see BELOW 200 this month? I haven't seen that in 2 years!

Ruth, glad you're wise enough to stay off the roads today too--we're getting it tonight, lucky us!

Deb, I don't mind buying the books, it's the paying the bills I can do without!

mis, I love it! That is exactly something my 3 1/2 year old would say--boy they really do come out with good ones sometimes, eh?

Jenny, sorry you have an sh today, unfortunately it's a man thing. I can't tell you what Miree comes strolling in to see me like after it was his job to see she gets dressed only to find out she dressed herself! Breathe.....and try not to cuff him in the head too hard! As for the neighbour's house, I personally would tell him off huge and if it happened again, I would call her husband!

Janice, you are my hero! New furniture! And you so deserve to get everything you ever wanted (and more) let the delivery guys do it all, don't risk injuring your puppies!

Rachel, that is the best "just desserts" story I ever heard! (mental note: file for use later! LOL)

OY! taz take it easy! That Norwalk is a nasty deal.

Dyan, I love the occasional Caffeine free diet coke. Like the taste so I have to watch it! LOL

Peach, Leens, Tilly, L and all those to come!