be right back
Old 09-16-2002, 06:49 AM   #2  

Make mine a double please?

peach
Old 09-16-2002, 06:51 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back later too. I have a very lonely Miss Lucy to love up a bit - Hershey has gone to be bred!
Old 09-16-2002, 07:04 AM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Off to take the kids to school, Library meeting and then to the Gym...Nice to see you peach, Deb and Ruth, good morning to all that follow.
-L
Old 09-16-2002, 07:06 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Default Mornin' Miss peach, and Ruthie too!!

peachie a double is on the way!! Glad you stopped in to say hi, we've missed you.

DebbieA, welcome to our group, a better bunch of people you couldn't find. Look forward to getting to know you.

MamaJ, keep posting so we know your okay. Put some rocks in your chicken purse and start swinging it around your head, and if the family comes to close (family, I mean dh) whack him with it. Won't change any behaviour (is that spelled right?) but it could sure make you feel better, at least for a minute or two.

Ruth how long will Hershey be gone?

Jiff, peachie is right, you don't have to be perfect. You are doing such a terrific job!!!

It has rained all weekend in our area. Starting with Friday night, we had soaked band members. We need the rain so badly, so I really can't complain. I hope this is the beginning of the turn from summer to fall for us, but something tells me it's not.

My husband gave me a compliment yesterday, sort of. He was looking at me funny and I said to him, what's wrong. He replied nothing and finally he said, I was just thinking that your almost skinny. WHAT!! Dear I still weigh in the 230's, he said it's all relevent. I used to weigh in the mid-300's, so to him I guess I do look almost normal. I know it was off-handed, but it still felt good.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Debbie
Old 09-16-2002, 07:12 AM   #6  
she who must be obeyed

Morning L!

Need a Moanday laugh, check this out.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/priceless1.html
Old 09-16-2002, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Oh, Deb! That was just what I needed this morning!!

Having a bit of trouble walking since yesterday, the bones in my hip are clicking with each step and it hurts like the very devil! Guess it's back to the doc again today, I'm beginning to feel like I live there. Hope I haven't displaced anything, even though I am falling apart, I'm still too young for hip-replacement!

Ya'll have a good day, I'll check in later.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:20 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Can you believe September is 1/2 over, where does the time go?

Good morning all,

Hope your weekend was good. Went shoe shopping for saturday, she wears a 5 1/2 double wide lololol...$40.00 can you imagine OY !! Now I know what your thinking - she takes after mommy right ! - wrong, she takes after daddy in this category. mommy actually has small feet especially for her height. Every job I go to, people make fun of my feet ??? JEALOUS But I gotta admit it must look funny.

Sunday it rained and rained and rained I wanted to take to a petting farm but they were closed so we took her to an orchard where they had indoor stuff and then out to lunch. It was a good day - will somebody please clean my house and finish my laundry

Its apple :apple: time in the east so the stores are starting to put out the carmel or candy apples mmmmmmmm they are really good, 150 calories for one Can't wait to go pick some and make some apple crisp and pie :apple:

Debkay that was so sweet of your hubby. You know it just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling because I remember being at goal and how good that felt. You must feel like a million and you should, you deserve it

Love, Leenie

Jiffy did you say the "C" I could have sworn you said the "C" word??? CHILLLLI mmmmmmmmm nummy nummy nummy

Last edited by Leens; 09-16-2002 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:21 AM   #9  

ROFLMAO!! Deb, that was hilarious!!! Thanks for my morning laugh!

Good Morning Ruth, L, Peach and all those to come! Feeling really hopeful today--I have started Atkins induction and although I know it is going to be an uphill battle, I am determined that I will be pregnant by Christmas! I am rejecting the theory I'm in perimenopause, I firmly believe that I have a severe case of PCOS. That being the case. Atkins is the way to go for me. I will not give up!! Dh is behind me a 150%, I know he wants a munchkin as much as I do.

Today is recording my meals, going to the gym (gasp! ), and general cleanup around the house. Why is it when the weekend hits tha house looks like a bomb hit it?

Hope you all have a great day!

Sherrie and Leenie--you snuck in on me!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:45 AM   #10  

Good Monday Morning Chickies,

Will soon be heading home to pick up my treats for today to take to both of my dear sons' classrooms. I made pumpkin rice crispie treats on a stick for the classrooms along with some drinkable yogert. Love stopping into the classrooms to visit my boys.

My Friday the 13th interview went well, the gentleman was very friendly and nice. He raved over my credentials and had a lot of positive things to say. The only bad thing was, he did not see my current job remaining in this area. Dh makes twice as much as I do and his job appears to be staying in town so it would not be wise for us to move for my job. The thought of becoming a sahm excites me, it scares the poop right out of my dh!

Pooky, Not to worry! Doctors warn that being perimenopausal is not a reason to go off birthcontrol, you can get preggers during this time. Also, a book I am reading (have to get you the name and author) states that perimenapause can last 10 years! Still sending baby vibes your way

MamaJ, I agree with your thoughts on shdh. It seems that he can have lunch with women, but it is so very different if I choose to have lunch with a man, go figure! And what is it about Harley's, we do not have one, but that is one of his dreams.

Ruthie, Good luck with Hershey, will this be her last? Wonder how Lucy is going to react to a pregnant Hershey?

debkay , A compliment for your dh, you are so lucky. I think if I heard any positive words come out of his mouth, I would faint! Thanks for the morning laugh, that poor girl!

Jif, Sorry the job has been rough lately, just hang in there.

Hi, Goodforme, L144, Peachie, and all to come!

Have a great op day!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:47 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back after some major cuddling with Miss Lucy who really misses her Mommy! Morna and John were here for dinner last night and took Hersh home with them. They start blood tests today to find when it is prime time for breeding. I am hoping it happens soon because we miss the #1 Furry and want her home for next weekend. Lucy is actually pining! She goes to closed doors and whimpers to get in so she can see if Mom is there. Such a baby!

Worked my butt off at the Terry Fox run yesterday! The balloon blowing went well and were ready just in time for the kick-off. After that I worked on the barbecue doing dogs and burgers and onions. Nothing like the smell of fried onions to get folks thinking food. (Yes, I did have a burger with bun.) This year was the first year that it was a Fun Day, not just a run day, as we had games for the kids, face painting, a magician and entertainment from local C&W talent. We raised over $7000 dollars - huge increase over last year! Some community events are really worthwhile.

Pooky, I like your determined attitude! It sounds to me as if you have PCOS too! Did your DH solve the possible dead animal problem? Yick!

Sherrie, hie thee to the doc again! Clicking hips does not sound good. I had actually forgotten we have hip bones until you mentioned it.

Debkay - good one! DH looked at it and had a laugh - and then we hit next and laughed even more! Nice that your DH finally noticed your loss - they do not really look at us, do they. I remember changing hair colour drastically once and he never noticed until a girlfriend commented.

L144S, sounds like your usual busy day! Did your Minnesota pal take a boo at the PWD Kennel site? There is lots more info under the AKC website too.

DebbieA, welcome to the most supportive LC group on the Net. Lots of info and fun here so be sure to hang out with us lots.

Leens, they tease you about your feet? They definitely are jealous. I didn't notice your tiny perfect feet because I was looking at your fabulous eyes. Did you ever get coloured contacts? Maybe you can bind Gracie's feet - JUST KIDDING!

Peachie, we've missed you. Are you up to your neck in crafts or alligators or something.

Dondar, you snuck in while I was rambling. I hope this will be Hershey's last litter. She is due for retirement which means being spayed and living the life of ease.

MamaJ, do keep hanging out. We miss you.

Sorry if I've missed anyone. Right now, my baby and I are walking down for the paper. Maybe that will make her feel less lonesome.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:07 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Ruthie, YES they do make fun of my feet lol, they are definitly not perfect haaaaaaaaaaaa just smaller then your average 5'10" person would have (I guess). Bind her feet huh hmmmmmmm

No never got the colored contacts, they are (with shipping) $15 more per box - not worth it (to me - disposables). Squeek squeek.

Jiff baby doll !! I hear you on the job stress, I can relate to that, more than you know. Call me if you need to talk.

Love, Leenie
Old 09-16-2002, 05:07 PM   #13  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Good Afternoon

Thank You so much for the warm welcome. I see there alot of you guys, so be patience with me while I learn all your names. I enjoyed reading all of your posts and laughing at them.
Well...today is my first day back on the Adkins plan and I am proud to say that {so far} I'm doing great. It didn't kill me like I thought it would...LOL. Just going to take it one day at a time, and know what...I bet it works!!!
Hope to start back walking sometime this week. I used to walk at least 2 miles everyday but that was before I got lazy. Slowly but surely is my motto, going to start off with maybe 1/2 mile a day. It's a start anyways!!

Hope everyone has a great afternoon....deb
Old 09-16-2002, 08:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! Sitting here with a large bag of frozen french fries. No, I'm not going to eat them, I'm going to put them in my lap. The ice packs were all too small to cover the "affected area" (In other words, my hips are way larger than the standard ice pack!) The good news is, even though I heard popping, it wasn't bones rubbing together. It was all the soft tissues and ligaments in my hip snapping against my bones because they are so swollen. It's not actually out of joint, it just popped out enough to cause damage (and PAIN) so the chiro jumped up and down on it a couple of times and now I can move it again. Things should be fun tomorrow at work with my fries! I have to see him again Wed, but he says I should be pain-free by Friday. Thank goodness! My coworker kept calling me Gimpie today.

Really good eating this whole past week, so of course I had to be bad today. I ate a couple handfuls of potato chips (a weakness) and didn't drink enough water. I figure that I've only lost approx. 2 pounds per month the last 3 months, so something's gotta give. Gotta love PCOS!

Well ladies, have a great night, I'm off for a hot bath and then bed. Talk to you manana!
Old 09-16-2002, 09:50 PM   #15  

Hey Chicks!

Let's see how far I can get without being tagged!

Debkay! then next time your dh gives you THAT look, sigh and smile and shake your loose clothes and then ask for that damn check book! (you may want to put a pillow on the floor where you think his head may land when he hits the floor!)

Jennifer? Did you get Cody back? It is nice that you have family that watches him for a while, but I know you missed him!

Ruth! Give Lucy some hugs from me...thanks for your kind words...I seem to be mainlining sugar and trying to keep my pancreas in tip top shape! ugh!

Jenny, I hope you get the job/hope you don't get the job/hope you don't/ hope you do/ hope you don't/ hope you do... It will work out for the best, and I am thinking of you!

Pooky...Really hope you will be soon!!! Still got my pom poms out...Dottie gave 'em to me...but she said she wanted to keep the mega phone (I guess she thought I didn't really need one?)

And Sherry....good grief girl, I was thinking about your hips clicking all day today! My jaw clicks...imagine the amount of noise we would or could make. I bet if we just sat and did shots an beers we wouldn't click at all...perhaps just clunk!!!

Debbie A! Welcome....don't mind me...I just digress...honestly, you'll learn to just skip right over my posts...trust me! (you like baseball?)

Leens! I've been thinking about your feet...I think we should trade! I always wanted little feet (not the pitter patter kind either...clunkers seem to run in my family! and why is it that NO ONE tip toes around here??????

Speaking of family...Jiff has swell ankles...not to be confused with ankles that swell...she looks great...needs a boa, but looks great.

Janice, I think that I like Debkay's idea of packin that chicken purse with rocks. Buckshot would be good too...sending your steel toes back as soon as I craft them up a little bit!

hey L, hey Dottie, hey Barb, hey Linda he sam's g and Hey to everyone else my brain forgot.

Nothing much new here, dh is looking for a job, I am actively not looking for a job no matter what HE says. Have bought some craft materials for the up coming holiday fun fest although I have NO intention of actually doing them.....well except for maybe this really cool witch that has a strong appeal, and have been reading waaaaaay too much when I should be cleaning, volunteering, or otherwise productive in some fashion.

later,
peach