Old 07-21-2004, 02:30 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Chit Chat #61

HI and WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies Chit Chat!

We are a very warm, friendly and fun group of ladies who talk about everything. We also provide encouragement and support in our walk toward a healthier lifestyle, as well as our every day lives.

So...grab a cup of coffee, diet coke, etc. pull up a chair and join us!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Well it's official....the mama cat is getting spayed on Wednesday!! I'm afraid she's starting to roam again...I hope we catch her before she's knocked up again!! I even asked about the two female kittens....wanted to know how old they needed to be for when I take them in to get fixed also. I got a few months still. Going to stop the breeding!!!!!!!!

Today Jhanai are planning on going to the dollar store. Neat little things in there to entertain ourselves. We plan on walking...so that will be my exercise for the day!

I will have to come back later to do individuals....I forgot what was said on the other thread.......so for now...I'm going to throw on some lipstick and put on a pair of jeans....try to look presentable when I go to town!

I'll check in later
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:28 PM   #3  
my dad made me1 from wood

Marti I love the dollar store hehe there are many cute little things there to play with...
I'm feeling much better today. However, I'm very hungry today and can't seem to get full tonight my hubby wants fajitas I'm just gonna eat a my fat free beans and tortillas...... My puppy dizzy decided that she likes to sleep inside James boots, she really likes his socks and clothes guess she likes the way he smells eeewwww... My meds are making swell up like the girl from Charlie and the chocalate factory hehe...
Well I'm off to do some pilates James now has to do PT twice a day so now i have one whole hour to do exercises, hope everyone has a great day.... Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:00 PM   #4  

Hi Heather--

You know that you can make those fajita's and enjoy everything in them. I don't know what kind you plan on making, but with a lowfat tortilla, chicken, bell peppers.....it's not all fattening. And it can be quite filling. Don't deprive yourself of all the good things. Just find a way to make it more health friendly.

(hmmmmmm.....I should take my own advice!! )

Just popping in to see how you're all doing.

Check in again later
Marti
Old 07-21-2004, 10:01 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

I am here! Sorry.

Just have had a lazy spill and a sit back and veg spill........and a weight gain spill...which sent me over the edge ......lol

So, pretty much have not wanted to talk but don't want others to worry.

I will yak about something, I guess. I am 145 today. I have been eating very healthy the last 3 days and drinking 100 oz of water. Would love to get back down to 139 by the end of the month.

Have done a lot of beach trips and waaaaaay too much junk food going on.Though I must say , I have enjoyed every peanut and Costco hot dog!!!

Welcome back Kayecee!! Hello to Heather ......

Glad to have you back Jana!! Marti did a wonderful mod job....lol.....can't spell it , sorry.

I hear you have a Turkey dinner at your church, RK?? My ex was invited by a lady named Mabel, that lives up by Maplewood. He is thinking of going.

Thanks for the egreeting, Cristi!! Very sweet,.....

Congrats on the 3/4 of a pound, Jana!!! YAY

Shanna......are you EVER going to come and visit me?? When are you going to Cuba Angie?? Do you need my addie?? I want something in the mail.....whaaaa, whaaaaa..........

Have a really gross cold sore happening on my face.....thought I would share, and get bonded with you all -lol- I guess that is it.

Still going good with Gabsters father. Though pretty sure we will just remain freinds,which is fine.

Best get to work.........

Missed you all
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:17 PM   #6  
RosieKate

Hey Susan-
So glad to see you posting! Yeah, St. Luke has started serving a community meal. I think it's the last Saturday or something. Keep meaning to sign up to help cook and/or serve but have always had something going on. Maybe when school gets back in full swing. I really am liking our church..they have a strong focus on serving the community. I grew up around an attitude that was very conditional with regard to helping those in need. St. Luke is very unconditional.... it is something I need in my spiritual life....

I so enjoy reading about how well things are going with Gaby's dad. You two are giving your little girl such a wonderful gift.

Hi to everyone else....catch you all later
RK
Old 07-21-2004, 10:21 PM   #7  

Susan Susan Susan---

Glad that you popped in to let us know you're ok!! You had us worried. Glad that everything is fine. It's totally understandable if you don't want to talk....we won't push you. We just want to make sure you're ok.

Hi to you RK!!

Went to the dollar store and was thrilled to get myself some cotton balls!! Didn't really need them, but I bought them anyway!! And a soap dish. Very easily satisfied with my spending!!

I ate too much dinner....actually I did ok, but I haven't been eating much lately with this heat and I ate a little more than usual and I feel stuffed. Pasta does that to me though.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello.....one of my many trips to the site.

I may check in later....just a little warning.

Marti
Old 07-21-2004, 10:55 PM   #8  

Anyone want to chat??? I'll be in there for a few mins. to see if anyone shows up.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:40 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Good evening ladies,

Marti - yay for you getting your kitty spayed! I like to browse around the dollar store too, and bought those really huge mugs to serve soup in. They are great for that. Also I like to buy coloring books for the grandkids. Can't beat the price.

Heather - fajitas aren't a bad food! Actually, on WW, we can have anything. Maybe not too much of it, lol.

Susan - glad to see you! When you are "off program", that's when you need us most, sweetie. But I know just how you feel.... I have been there/done that in the past. Glad things are still good with Gaby's daddy. How's the job and the DDs?

Jen - does your baby still have that thingy around her neck? Hope they both are doing well.

RosieKate - have you tried the sugar free fruit bars yet? They are soooo good, and point free!

Cristi - hope you're having a good evening... isn't there something you do on Wednesdays?

Hi to the other JLs...

Well, it has been so stinking hot that I haven't accomplished much today. My energy level is low in heat like this, even though I'm sitting in A/C.

Looking forward to tomorrow - Mary and I are having lunch. Since she's working full-time, I feel as though I lost my best buddy. So we're meeting in town for lunch and I know we'll have a good time.

See you tomorrow!
Old 07-22-2004, 01:01 AM   #10  
kitty Momo

The A/C in my life has given me this cold sore Jana! Our office has a wonderful cooling system but the last several weeks with the hot weather and me going out after being inside gave me a cough..........whaaaa.....

Feel like a big baby........lol
Though Gabster was also sick with a cough last week, think it was because of the fan on her at night.

Rachel and Rebecca are doing super! They are in a summer school thing this week and will go to OMSI tomorrow. Hope they make church camp next month. Took Rebecca to the coast and we ate our way over HWY 26.......over the coast range. Pretty sure there wasn't going to be any food over the mountains but there was......Warrenton has a COSTCO, love their hot dogs.

RK- Think turkey dinner is this Saturday. My ex wants to start attending St Luke , has been at St Fisher for awhile. He goes to the senior center in the village and has been babysitting Gaby for me for awhile now. He is a sweet man. I was invited to his son's wifes baby shower, so that was nice. Rachel and Rebecca would be Aunts to the baby. They have brothers and sisters from 46 down to 36.......lol......plus Gaby on my side at 28 months.

Glad you are getting your kitty spayed Marti. I need to get my Mia fixed as well. She is a year old and has always been an inside cat.......very clean and sweet. She lays on the tub edge and watches Gaby get a bath, not scared of water at all....

Hope Gabster's father and I can continue getting along but he really kind of annoys me.......lol.Sorry, he just does......maybe that is why we aren't together.......lol,he smokes and I can't stand the smell. Though he has always been sweet to me- I kind of like being on my own now.

Best get- thanks for missing me. That is sweet.

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 01:16 AM   #11  
a work in progress

Default hiya ladies...

Well, shoot, Marti -- I just missed ya in chat tonight...any of you guys on there any particular evenings?

I've been working 6:45 am for the last week and a half...wayyyyyy too early in the morning for me, bleah. I have Friday off, then back to my regular hours on Monday, thank goodness.

It's so hot here...99-102, supposed to continue for like the next week at least. Ah, Sacramento in the summer, when the prime parking spots are no longer the closest ones, but the ones in the shade...

Susan, there is this medicine over the counter called Abreva for cold sores. It costs a small fortune -- like $15 or more for a little tiny thing of it, but it really, really works. Makes it heal quickly.

OK, these early hours are for the birds. I am so tired and so is my honey, so it's bedtime I've missed you all, and it's been nice reading and catching up on what's been going on in everyone's lives
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:20 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Susan - glad the kids are having fun this summer. Remember how long summer seemed to last when we were kids? Now it just breezes on by...

KatieCat - Hello!!!! Long time no see...!! We just started the chat thing, and are meeting on Thursdays at 9 pm Indiana time. Which I think would be 7PM your time. A few of us met there last night just on the spur of the moment, and had fun. It gets a little crazy, lol.

Well, girls, as I said in my last post, I'm having lunch with Mary today. Other than that, I really don't care if I do anything or not. It is still so hot, but will maybe cool off this weekend.

BBL,
Old 07-22-2004, 11:32 AM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ill post more later...
had fun last night Mr. Strait was nice to look at...lol
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:48 AM   #14  
Jo

Hi

I've been reading your posts for the past few days seeing if I can get myself inside your tight nit group. By the way you all sound great!

Although, one thing I do not understand is the heat wave you are all suffering..here in Puerto Rico our weather is always hot so we just live in the AC.. day and night! The lowest will be during the year will be in December about 65 - 70 degrees and the hottest more than 100 degrees, as in RIGHT NOW.

I will be at my first week's weight in tonight, so I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes!

QUESTION: Has anyone tried an excersice program called THE FIRM? I saw some tapes at Borders and am thinking of buyng them...

saludos,

Jo
Johanne Corsino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:28 PM   #15  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello Jo, I have never heard of the firm, whats it all about? Im always up for learning new things.

Well yesterday I had an interesting day,,,good and bad,,,and down right ugly.
Brandon had his toe Dr give him the ok on a healthy toe,,yay, I went to my Dr and I again have a sinus infection,,,so more expensive meds coming my way. That was the bad, The GOOD was George Straight,,,OMG he really knows how to draw a crowd. I enjoyed it cause he sang good ol country music without AS MUCH (there was some) lights and fog shows...
The ugly was, I got a letter from a collection agency,,,saying I owe the gym I used to go to 29.96 I know I paid it, even had proof I paid it,,,I was just ticked,,,(wait I was alot more then ticked) And I went to the gym,,,and literally wigged out. I was down right rude and vicious. Told them they had a choice of two, make the call to the agency and informed they of their mistake or call the cops,,,I wasn't leaving till this was taken care of. The guy kept telling me to lower my voice,,,I told him no,,,he better work fast or I will get louder. It was nasty....then when he opened my file and saw my paid for receipt,,,his eyes bugged out,,,cause at first I got the impression he thought I did owe money...wellllll the attitude sure changed. And for some reason that made me more angry...(I think I was using this for pent up stress) He more or less started grovelling,,,I told him by the time I got home I better have a messege or be talking to the collection agency, and KNOWING my credit was cleared of HIS wrong doing. He was still talking and I just walked away from him...
I was shaking so bad when I got to my van I was bawling...I cry when I loose my temper which makes me more angry...yay I was in a mood. Anyways I did get a call from the agency,,,she was upset that this happened,,,I told her it was not her mistake she was doing her job.

Susan, going to the beach sounds wonderful...Im glad you posted cause I don't have your numbers or address,,,and couldn't get ahold of you,,,ya I was worried...lol
well I better get off to work,
later ladies
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote