Old 09-14-2002, 08:27 AM   #1  

Default Sad news

I did start his off as the weekend thread, but hey, Ruthie was in and out of here in a flash, guess that's what happens when you post at the same time!

Well, I had probably the most difficult news to bear yesterday. I went to my doctor to see the results of my ultrasound and bloodwork only to find out that things are not good. It seems I have too much LH hormone, in fact WAY too much. This hormone is only present in high amounts during ovulation. Unfortunately for me, the blood work was from very early in my cycle. The doctor told me I can't take Clomid next month because he wants to check my LH levels on day 3. But he prepared me for the worst. You see, he told me that I may be perimenopausal and the only hope for me is in vitro fertilization or even injectables. My dh and I don't have money for IVF and injectables are our last hope (injectables are just that--they inject the spermies into me at the time of ovulation--nothing nice about it). He said he can't afford to have me on Clomid because I may use up the last of my viable eggs.

So here I am, feeling really lost. 33 years old and facing menopause. About right now I'm willing to take any good advice anyone has to give. I've thought about chucking out the doc's diagnosis, but from bitter experience, they are in likelyhood right since I have seen the results myself. Right now, all I can do is leave it in God's hands.

Sorry for the such heavy topic this morning but I knew I would eventually have to let all of you know since you are all my biggest supporters.

Bless you all!

Last edited by Pooky; 09-14-2002 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - Sept. 14 & 15

Good morning, Dollinks!

I'm off to a nine a.m. meeting which will be a doozy! There are three Churches in our Parish and there will be a big kefuffle over a proposed change in service times. Ours stays at 8:45 (which we like and nobody else wants) but the lines are drawn between the two other Churches over 10 or 11:15. Mike, our priest, is just back from vacation and has to deal with this dumb mess. "I'll quit if they change the services" says one old bat. Lord, give me patience with so-called Christians.

Tomorrow is the Terry Fox run where I'm doing registration and also working on the BBQ. Morna and her husband are coming for dinner but I'll get that ready this afternoon. They are also taking Hershey home with them so she can have daily blood tests (poor baby!) to determine when her progesterone levels are right for breeding - AI this time so no wild weekend in Philly! I certainly will miss her but it will be nice to have one on one with Lucy and get her partially civilized before my pal Linda comes to visit next week.

Gotta hit the road to observe the Anglican battle of the century! I'll try to keep my mouth shut but.... I don't suffer fools gladly!

Happy Weekend!
Old 09-14-2002, 08:51 AM   #3  

ROFLMAO RUTH! I guess we posted at the same time! I'll use this as my daily since my starter was a little heavy.

Today is clean the house day but I'm starting it off right with a cup of coffee. The fall fair is this weeekend and we amy take Miree to check it out. I know she'll have a lot of funa tone of the presentations--it's kids musical group called Jam Sandwich. I took the kids from the daycare one time and they had a blast! May do the very same thing for her.

Hope you have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pooky; 09-14-2002 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Oh, Pooky! I am so sorry! All I can say is I'm praying for you and sending good thoughts your way!
Old 09-14-2002, 09:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

It's a nothing day here, raining and making great sounds on the roof. May be forced to take a nap. Other than that, gotta clean out the fridge and freezer, then do some laundry. MIL's birthday party tonight, 2 weeks early??? If her boys were my kids I would have killed them by now! Lame-brained ideas galore from that quarter.

Ya'll have a great day, take some time for yourselves, ok?
Old 09-14-2002, 09:14 AM   #6  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Saturday Morning!!!

MamaJ, more hugs coming your way. If you ever need a weekend away, Atlanta is a short plane ride away. Delta is ready whenever you are.

Sil, love the idea of valium in the cookies I thought maybe I should take the valium, the noise level on the bus would not bother me one bit.

Sherrie glad the water problem is solved.

jenny hope everything worked out well for you.

Ruth enjoy your one on one with Miss Lucy.

Linda keep up the good work.

Pooky enjoy the fair.

To everyone else

peachie and Jiff where are you???

It hasn't rained in the deep south for, it seems like months..............last night we were soaked!! I know, I know here I go with another band story We get to the game march the kids in and sit in the bleachers, we are not there 15 minutes and it starts to sprinkle, than it starts to pour. We hustle the kids back to the buses, where the humidity and temp is very high. The band director decides we are leaving. Our principal walks by and says no your not. We wait out the rain it slows and stops, back in the stands we go. Meanwhile the home team has sent their band home. We play a few songs and it rains again. Now rain is not good for instruments. Back to the buses we go, this time finally we leave. But, not before the kids and chaperones are soaked to the bone, with a 45 minute ride back to school. Needless to say it was a lovely night, NOT!!!!!

One bright spot, the cookies were a hit! They did everything but lick the crumbs out of the bag. It was sad in a way, some of the kids were acting as if no one had ever made them cookies before. I promised that on our next away game (this coming Friday) I would make more cookies.

Anyone have a good cookie recipe they would like to share? I did choc chips and choc choc cookies. This Friday I thougt I would do peanut butter with kisses.

Okay, enough on the band stuff.

It's after 9 and I'm still the only one awake. I enjoy it, I have the coffee pot to myself and it's quiet, something it hardly ever is around my house..

The quiet is broken, the middle son is awake........ie the noisey one. He wants to tell me a story about last night must go.

Have a great one all
Debbie
Old 09-14-2002, 09:38 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Oh pooky, I am keeping everything crossed. Life works in funny ways.

As for me, I HAVE THE HOUSE TO MYSELF!!!!!!
Kids and DH have gone and I am alone, well except the 4 legged house inhabitats.

i might take in a movie or do a little shopping. i went to dress barn yesterday and bought a skirt and jacket. i am glad someone said the sizes run small, otherwise i was going to feel like a really fat pig...lol

Well, have a great day and be well,
-L
Old 09-14-2002, 10:18 AM   #8  
Hang In There

Just a quick note to say that I was brave enough to try on a pair of jeans this morning. They fit. and not even too snug. Now if I can just keep with the program,
Old 09-14-2002, 10:20 AM   #9  

Pookers, I am thinking of you. This doesn't mean you should stop trying, right? I am not putting my Big Bird cheerleading outfit with pom-poms into storage yet!

Maybe you'll make lemonade out of :lemon:'s yet!

dottie
Old 09-14-2002, 10:31 AM   #10  

Sunny and warm here today- nice!

Got some quick flylady stuff done, and will go off to meet DM for coffee in a few minutes. Maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond for cushioned hangers. I am just refusing to send my nice knits tops and washable linen shirts to the dry cleaners. They charge $3.50 for a women's blouse, but $1.00 for a man's shirt. I have started washing and hang drying more than I used to, but I just can't see paying that kind of money for a BLOUSE! UGH!

Nothing else going on. Had a huge egg and cottage cheese omelet this morning and drinking my water. This weekend is to detox from the carbs of the past week! I am sure that the carbs were part of the reason I felt so crappy and moody all week- irritable and cranky and just plain mad alot! Very pleasant to be around, I can tell you!

But I am going to eat better today, and see if I can't get back to normal!

I'll check back later,
dottie
Old 09-14-2002, 10:40 AM   #11  
she who must be obeyed

Pooky I'm sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

My thoughts are with you. Don't give up, I know your not.

I'm still thinking pink and blue for you, heavy on the blue, since you already have the little girl.

Debbie
Old 09-14-2002, 11:50 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw, Pook - so sorry it was not the good news you expected. Big huigs on the way.

And now I'm going to merge our threads - I hope!

Boobs are crossed - here goes!
Old 09-14-2002, 04:16 PM   #13  
she who must be obeyed

Ruth the boob crossing worked!!!! You merged the threads with not a problem one! Way to go Ruthie!!!!

Off to cut up peppers and onions, friends are coming over for dinner. We are fixing fajitas. Yummy

Debbie
Old 09-14-2002, 04:45 PM   #14  

Pooky - I am so sorry for the doc's bad news but don't give up. I know many people (me included) that have gotten bad news from the docs but ended up PG despite it all. My middle son was a Clomid baby and Cody (my 'baby' that just entered Jr. High) was concieved with no trouble at all which surprised the whole OB practice that was treating me!

Just know that we are all praying for ya, sweetie!

Kel
Old 09-14-2002, 07:24 PM   #15  
Slimwithin

Pooks sorry about your discouraging news but please don't give up hope. Miracles do still happen. I had a long wait and two miscarriages between my two girls and I remember very well how disappointed I was every month when I wasn't preggers again. When I finally said to myself, "Well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be and I'm not going to let it rule my life anymore" I got pregnant almost immediately. I think letting yourself relax and enjoy being intimate with your dh (without putting pressure on yourselves) has a lot to do with it.

I did a measure this morning and haven't lost any inches from all the usual places, but still my clothes feel looser. Some are actually hanging off my shoulders (of course, I always lose from the top first ) I'm not giving up. Too many positive changes are taking place on this plan.

Debby how about oatmeal/raisin cookies or old fashioned hermits. I bet a lot of kids have never had home baked cookies. What a treat for them! Too bad about the soaking. Hope nobody suffers after effects.

Ruth isn't it amazing the petty things that can get people all het up? As if changing a meeting time would make all that much difference in the grand scheme of things! Enjoy your weekend with Lucy. Maybe you can convince her that chair cushions aren't really doggy food.

I worked a couple of hours in my back garden this morning. Made a dent in all the work still to be done. Pulled out lots of weeds and some annuals that have finished. I'm trying to make room for bulbs and a couple of new shrubs. Funny, while I'm out there slaving away my mind is going a mile a minute. Always thinking what needs to be dug up an divided or what would possibly do better if moved to a different location. I seldom actually put these plans into action. Just keeping up with the status quo is hard enough.