Old 04-29-2002, 05:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily - Moanday, April 29

Definitely a Moanday! We had a thoroughly miserable day yesterday with rain and sleet and below freezing temps. Today I woke to SNOW on the ground! April is the cruellest month!

Enough weather whining! Today is the day the fence guy sets the posts for the remainder of the dog garden fence! All the stuff came on Saturday morning. I love the beep beep when big trucks back into our lane! The posts will be "set" and "cured" by Wednesday morning and then the fencing and gate go up. Scotch and rawhide bones on the deck at 6 PM! Y'all come!

Except for yesterday when I vegged, I did lots of garden stuff over the weekend - at the Church yard cleanup and in my herb garden. I thought the shoulder would give me a lot of grief yesterday but it was fine. I warm it up with the heating pad and take a codeine before working and ice it afterwards. That's gotta be the trick. Anyhow, off to the Physio Stud this morning. We will see what he thinks.

Have a good Monday, Chickies. I hope the weather is gorgeous where you are! Just ignore this crabby old hen!
Old 04-29-2002, 06:56 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning all!!

Yes Ruth, the weather is going to be wonderful here today, sorry to hear about your freezing temps. Last night we had terrible thunder storms, I just love a good thunder storm.

Well, today is the first day I will be by mysellf since coming home from the hospital. My Dad and sister came and picked up Mom yesterday, she has been here for two weeks. Hubby does not work from a home office anymore so I will be on my own until my middle son gets home around noon.

I tried on a pair of my favorite black shorts the other day and they were too big for me, what a good feeling!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Debbie
Old 04-29-2002, 07:20 AM   #3  

Good morning!

Debbie -- Don't let being home alone lead you to the munchies (think of those black shorts -- congratulations!).

Weather here is icy rain mixed with sleet. Supposed to rain all day. Oh, well. We really need the water.

Am going to try to get in a walk this afternoon. Have a million chores to take care of today.

Gotta go wake up the little guy. First day back to school is always a pain.

Old 04-29-2002, 08:26 AM   #4  

Good Morning Gals!

We had a busy weekend, soccer on Saturday, Don's team lost again and Darren's team won again, last week it was 14-0 and this week it was 9-0, Darren only played forward one quarter and scored 2 points (last week it was 4). Sunday we took the boys to an indoor rollar rink. The boys and dh used their rollar blades and I rented rollar skates. I have not skated in about 25 years and was really scared. I did ok, did not fall, but boy did my feet hurt!

My dear Kudo is not doing well. We had to take a urine sample to the vet expecting an infection, because he is having too many "accidents." The doc called us to tell us it is not an infection, but most likely incontinence. Apparently it can be treated with medication, but this along with other symptoms may force us into that "decision." I am sick over this decision, I do love my dear old dog, but he is becoming difficult to take care of, and I hate making this decision, because he is a lot of work. I do wish he would fall asleep one night and not wake up, but chances of that happening are not good.

Ruth, hug those pups of yours, they are so special. I bet that field of daffies looks beautiful. Wish I could join you for Scotch and rawhides!

DebKay congrats on the black shorts!

Hi jdoneil, we have the same weather in Michigan.

Sooner, like the idea of "finals" boxes.

Jenni, so sorry to hear that you are feeling sad, I get that way often. Now that I have kids, I always marvel at how single moms can handle life, I know you are not single, but you do have the same responsibilites with dh being gone so often. I am always thankful that my mom is always around to help out. Maybe you need to ask dm for some help.

Goodforme, Gardening must account for some type of calorie burning. If not it is good for the mental state.

Liz, counting the days until your surgery, will be thinking of you in my prayers.

Scooby, hope your day is better. I think my Darren could eat a McDonalds every day and be perfectly happy.

Jif, good luck with the interview.

Welcome Kudos

Hi MamaJ hope you all is well with you.

Old 04-29-2002, 08:53 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies.

It is yucky weather here today. Cold wet and in the 40’s. I have a horrible headache from the weather, defiantly and Ibuprophen day! My father and his lovely bride leave today. Soon I hope! The plasterer is here to do the walls I the bathroom finally, so with a little luck and a Lot of nagging, this should be done by the end of next week.

I am going to lie down and see if my headache will go away, then do my exercise. If not it will have to wait till tonight.

Have a good day all.
Old 04-29-2002, 09:54 AM   #6  

Morning all! I survived my four day work week and now I am off until I recover from my surgery Wednesday....the things some poeple have to do to get a few days off

It is a beautiful sunny spring morning!

There was a big memorial service in our city yesterday for the fallen Canadain soliders....even the Prime Minister was here....I was listening to it on the radio on my way to work yesterday when the bag pipes started in on "Amazing Grace"...really emotional.

Well I hope you all have a great day...Liz
Old 04-29-2002, 10:51 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Morning Kids,

Pray for me today, I'm trying to fast

Nothing much to report, everyone's doing great (thank God!), boss is away again and let a ton of nonsense to do

Have a blessed day everyone !!

Love, Leens
Old 04-29-2002, 12:37 PM   #8  

Morning (afternoon?) all!
Survived my weekend!! 12-five year old boys at a Scooby-Doo party in my living room yesterday! Wow, can you even imagine the noise level? My ears are still ringing!
It is amazing to me how little some people know about manners, I don't mean the MRS. Manners kind, I mean the everyday common sense stuff! Like showing up 35 minutes late for a party, and then asking as loudly as possible, why their little boy didn't win a prize? Umm, because we are finished with games??
LIke sitting in someone elses living room watching a show (Scooby act, magic, jokes, etc. all kid stuff, which by the way cost 175.00, plus tip!!!) And letting your son scream so loud noone else could even hear, AND LAUGHING about it!!! My dh finally told the kid in a very DAD voice to knock it off or he'd be asked to leave the room. The mother just giggled! UGH!
Should I even mention the mother I'd never even met, that brought her twin 2 yr old girls along, and proceded to talk to another women for 35 minutes after the party was over, we'd handed out bags, given ballons and said good bye and she still talked!!! Guess she doesn't see adults muc
Ok, enough of that! Won't be doing that for a year!!
The in laws get her tomorrow!! Oh my!
I'm sure it will all work out fine. Although my FIL thinks he wants to build, we are working hard to change his mind! That could be up to 6 months!!! We went looking Saturday, and found some really nice places close to us...we'll see!
Boy, did I gripe enough today??!! Sorry all!
Have a great Monday everyone!!!
McMom~Stacey
Old 04-29-2002, 02:11 PM   #9  

Wow, McMom,

Sounds a bit un-nerving. Fortunately most of the parents that I am involved with are quiet gracious. The only time they would hang out after the party would be because they are helping me clean up.

Hope you are relaxing today.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:02 PM   #10  

Default Advise, please.

Good afternoon.

I have a concern and need some feedback if you don't mind obliging. For the last couple of months I've noticed that the slighted amount of exertion on my part causes me to become extremely hot (sweaty, feels like my heads on fire but no pain). I know that while I was (briefly) on Atkins, my bloodpressure went up but I didn't have this reaction to activity then.

Background: I currently weigh 269 ( ); I'm 38 years old; high blood pressure and Type II diabetes runs in the family. I was tested for diabetes in September as well as thyroid and cholesterol problems (all negative). Could this be the start of menopause? My mom says she started around this age (took about 12 years to complete??).

If anyone else asked me this question, I'd immediately refer them to their doctor. Unfortunately, DH has started a new job with an insurance company that has a $200/person deductible that I can't afford. Short of a serious illness, we've avoided that doctor for the adults (kids are taken when OC medication doesn't work).

I'm just a bit concerned. Any suggestions? I strongly believe in the wisdom of women (mostly obtained through experience and the passing on of information from one woman to another). Your comments are welcome.

Talk to you all soon.

Old 04-29-2002, 06:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hi everyone!

Whew, what a day! Work, work, work. And more work. Then housework, and yard work. I WANT TO BE INDEPENDENTLY WEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDoneil, maybe you do have high blood pressure. Maybe your hemoglobin is too low, that made me feel like I ran a marathon when I carried groceries 10 feet. To test your blood pressure, go by the pharmacy and put your arm in that machine there, hope it is accurate! Good luck to you!

Wish I could address you all today, the spirit is willing but the brains are on vacation! Nice to see so many posts this afternoon. I'm off to cook and then water the #$#%^$%^$@# plants, this heat is wilting them faster than an ice cube melts.

Have a wonderful evening, ladies!
Old 04-29-2002, 08:14 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Evening ladies,
I have been playing on the puter with the GOOD sil and we have been tying to upload a picture. So here is my family... Older boy, little man, dh and myself.
Old 04-29-2002, 08:22 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

Default what a day!!!

and such a lovely family, L. you must be so very proud of them, and i hope of your gorgeous self as well...

a busy busy day. another GREAT interview that lasted for 3 hours, but the company from last week wanted me to start an 8-week freelance assignment. but i first had to find out from unemployment how that would affect my benefits.

sooooo after the interview, a race to unemployment, where the answer was: TAKE IT!!! the claim can be reopened afterwards. sooo, then a race to get 40 miles in the other direction, but it didn't work. the boss lady didn't answer her phone, despite many messages. so, we'll try it again tomorrow.

and then, interview follow up [sending references, samples].

so, it's all been busy.

debkay; so great to see you posting.. how was your first day alone??? any problems?? keeping down your protein???? you've done so WONDERFULLY!!!!!!