Old 08-19-2002, 03:22 AM   #1  
Slimwithin

Default MOANDAY, Aug. 19 Daily Cluck

And a very, VERY early good morning Chickipoos.
I am only up this late because of #1 grandson. He's the one who got kicked out of school last year and has refused to go back. He's working for a factory that paints airplane parts and seems to be doing well but he drives a real piece of sh**. Tonight, after he returned our pickup truck which he'd borrowed to move some furniture, his car died about 5 miles from us. He called a tow truck and had it towed to our place then had to wait for his Dad to come and pick up himself and his friends. They just left and it's after midnight. Needless to say, his Dad wasn't too thrilled with him.
It was a gorgeous day here, sunny but not too hot with a nice little breeze to keep things comfortable. There are signs of autumn here and there but I'm not going to think about that yet. My garden is just starting to produce some veggies!

Well, Annie, I'm sorry to say that today I WAS hungry on the Fat Flush Plan. I don't know what I did differently but I sure could have used more to eat. I managed to stay legal though. I've heard so many positive reports about this plan that I hate to give up on it too soon. Why did you have to have your Mom send you cranberry juice and whey powder. I made my own cranberry juice using frozen cranberries from the supermarket and the why powder was available at the health food store. As for all the other brand names being touted by Gittleman, I have no idea where I'd get them. For sure not in this part of Canada. I have to wonder if she gets a kickback from all those products. Naughty me. I am just usuing regular veggies and meats. I did find a "slimming formula" supplement that seems to contain all the herbs she talks about so hopefully it will do the trick.

I'm sure missing salt though. LORDY, am I missing salt. I can live without wheat, potatoes, pasta, rice, butter and cheese but I sure do miss a bit of salt on my food. BLAH! Maybe that's the secret to this diet. Food tastes so boring you lose all interest in eating. Good thing this phase is only 2 weeks because I doubt I could last any longer.

Anyhow, it's late and I'm off to dreamland now. I'll check back to the henhouse later.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:24 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Linda~~~hang in there gal, you can do it for 2 weeks.

hate to make this so quick, but gotta run. I have a 8:40 dentist appt and the traffic in the morning is horrible. I'll stop back in later to see how everybody is doing and read the posts from Sunday.

You all have a great day
~~~Sil
Old 08-19-2002, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, everychick! Surely I am not the only one up? Got dd off to school just fine and now it's time to run around like crazy and finish getting ready for work! Why do I do this to myself? Because, it's easier to get 1 ready at a time!! Miss thing takes her own sweet time!

Hope to have a better week this time, last week put me through the wringer! Anyway, ya'll have a good day, I'll check in this afternoon!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:30 AM   #4  

Good Monday morning Ladies,

Well it is back to work today. My MIL is watching the boys this week, and she brought their cousin along also. She is a year older than Don, but not quite as mature as he is. She plays well with my youngest. I cannot believe how moody she is at just 10! Glad I have boys. So needless to say, our household will be a bit crazy this week.

Linda, it is so nice your gs has a wonderful grandmother like you. Hope things work out for him.

Annie, my dh had a birthday on Saturday, we celebrated at a Japanese style restaurant where they cook in front of you. We celebrated his bd again Sunday when his parents arrived. Steak on the grill and cake

Pooky, how is that baby possibility coming along? Keeping everything crossed for you being preggers!

morning Sil and Goodforme!

Have a great day all!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:37 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda(asleep), 2BFIT and GoodForYou! Gee, grandkids, dentists and getting a kid off to school. I feel a tad gfuilty about just being responsible for two dogs and my antique DH!

I had a wonderful day on Ottawa yesterday with Ellis and Mauvais. The Dim Sum was wonderful, we laughed a lot, I got a bit of ethnic food shoppinbg done and even made it to PetsMart to buy "hot pants" for the Girls! (If you need to ask you don't need to know.) Did not get home until 7 p.m. after leaving at 9:30 a.m. so it really was a day off.

This morning is Tackle More Weeds morning. I truly feel like just ploughing the whole veggie garden under and forgetting it until next year! However, there is bumper crop of tomatoes out there and we just used the last jar of salsa on Friday. I need to do a bit of accounting at the Office today but the garden takes precedence.

I hope everyone has a good Moanday without too much moaning!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:13 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Happy Monday. Well my day started of really Shi@@y. Nothing like your own mother telling you - you look better behind glasses then with contacts. Gee makes me feel like really pitching a tent around this body and hiding. Its amazing how one comment can just ruin your day, no matter how hard you try not to let it. Sometimes I really wonder why God didn't give my Mom a filter. I know what she ment, she is used to me w/glasses but to say it like that.................. just insert knife and turn.

Anyway, I shall rise above this too !!

Got better things to think about like getting the stuff for Gracie's 1st birthday party on Saturday. My little cranky teething rug rat.

Weekend was okay, just did some cleaning and went outside in this discusting weather for about an hour each day. Come on fall !!!!.

We planted Lavendar Eggplant in the garden this year, we picked 15 of them yesterday....... So I dumped them on Mom this morning who will make egg plant parm mmmmmmm. Give the bitty something to do

Okay enuf of my complaining about my poor Mom (I do love her to pieces, just wish she would keep her mouth shut sometimes). But on the other hand I should be used to this

LC - instead of salt can you use the fake salt flavorings ?

TTYL, Love Leens

Gee I think this is the biggest post I've ever posted....do I get a prize ??????????????

Hey no one mentioned pies yet......we if they did I must have not seen it

Pookie psssssssssssst up here !!
Good Luck, I'll be praying for those baby results, huggs & kisses.

Last edited by Leens; 08-19-2002 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:15 AM   #7  

Good Morning everyone!

I'm off to the obgyn this morning--yes, today is the day I found out yea or nay. I am thinking more and morethat I'm not becasue I don't want to build up my expectations. And I gt to ask him about my Metformin. I have been on such a nasty carb binge with this stuff it's gonna take a monumental effort on my part to get back OP. Hopefully the new meds will help me with that.

Ruth, sounds like you had a much needed fun day of play and relaxation!

Jenny you're killing me! Moody at ten? Heck girl, they get moody at 3!!!

Hope you have a better week too Sherrie

good morning Sil

Linda, please tell me how it goes with this plan, I'm looking for new options now since I'm totally off plan.

Have a good day everyone and yeah, cross your boobs for me too!

Leens, you snuck in there, good morning to you!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:21 AM   #8  
GO CANES!

can someone PLEASE tell me how it is possible that i have GAINED 2 lbs this week?? PLEASE tell me it's because of my feminine issues (which i've had the "tom" for about 2 straight weeks now) i'm sooooo discouraged!
Oh well. hope everyone's weekend was nice? i'll check in later
Old 08-19-2002, 09:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 262/262/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning to all....looks like I'm a late sleeper here, but alas, I'm off to set up my classroom so these days of extra sleep are almost over!

Leens - sounds like your mom and my grandma have a similar "style" - it's right to rise above it, but ugh, it can still bug can't it?

Princess J - it's got to be your TOM issue that is holding on - when this would happen to me in the past, I would measure and MOST of the time it would reassure me - I'll send "whoosh" thoughts your way.

Pooky, we haven't "met" yet, but that doesn't stop me from sending good vibes your way!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-19-2002, 09:55 AM   #10  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Pooky, fingers crossed for you. I know what you mean about thinking your not PG so as not to be upset. I did the same thing when I was expecting my daughter, after two boys I wanted a girl so bad, I just kept thinking she was a boy, so I wasn't upset if she was, but she wasn't

Princess, 2 weeks with tom!!! Yikes, I would bet that is why you are up 2 pounds.

Leens I'm sure you know that your Mom meant, that she is used to you in glasses, and that is why she thinks you look better in glasses than contacts, but you know that already. Don't let it get you down, sometimes those closest to us think they have the right to say anything even if it h
urts your feelings.

everyone else a howdy do to you!!!

I have been out and back already this morning. Daughter had a dentist appt at 8:30, she is now at school. I let herr drive from the dentist's to school, this is a big thing for me. She has her learners and I'm not very good about letting my kids drive with their learners, I usually let my hubby do that.

Hubby is in London, he arrived bright and early Sunday morning. He said he is doing well driving on the "wrong" side of the road and shifting with his left hand.

Have a great one everybody!
Debbie
Old 08-19-2002, 10:41 AM   #11  
workin' my way back down

Good Morning all you early chickies......
today is running day..... lotsa little bitty errands that MUST be done!
Pooky -- I'm even crossing my eyes for you... it sure does make it hard to drive, tho!!
Linda - you can do it..... I haven't added any extra salt to stuff in years, and now, many foods just naturally taste too salty for me! Whoever it was that said try to flavored substitutes had it right - give it a try...... it'll be worth it!
Leens.... my mom used to say stuff like that to me all the time! Just being "helpful" don'tyouknow?!?!?! grrrrr... half the time I wanted to kill her! She's not around anymore, but my "wonderful" dd's have stepped in and fill that role for her - can you say "childicide"? Is it legal to kill your kids where you live? In NY it isn't, so maybe I can make a temporary move to where you are
Everyoneelse, I'm sorry... I've run out of time..... gotta get out of here...... will chat more later........
Old 08-19-2002, 01:57 PM   #12  
GO CANES!

ok, if you say so. i just feel so yucky....
;(
thanks girls~ you are the best
Old 08-19-2002, 02:02 PM   #13  

Well, I'm back. I'm not pregnant but I was. Doc thinks it was a chemical pregnancy ( where the egg is fertilized just didn't implant) and I need to bring on TOM. So off to do more meds for that...Thanks for all your support in this, it really does mean the WORLD to me! You can now uncross everything!

Speaking of meds, he's taken me off Metformin and put me on Actos. I know some of you (Jennifer) take Glucophage XR but guess what? Not available in Canada!!!! Grrr.... so Actos is the next best thing. I heard a lady got pg on this stuff so hey, I'm willing to give it a whirl. I'll let ya all know how it goes.

That's all I have to say...hope you all have a great day!

Love ya all Angela
Old 08-19-2002, 02:23 PM   #14  
she who must be obeyed

I'm sorry Pooky, I know how much you wanted this.........when the time is right it will happen. (((((((HUGS)))))))

debbie
Old 08-19-2002, 03:00 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Pooky, God has great plans for you !!! Huggs & Kisses
I'm sure there is a little angle in the future for you.

Love, Leens