Old 04-01-2003, 04:34 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default April Fools Day Daily Chat, 04/01/03

Happy April Fools Day! Look out there is a giant monster by you, NOT "April fools"
As you can see this was one of my best days, Ha Ha, I remember the year I sent two raw eggs in my husbands lunch, He just thought I made a mistake.

Well it is day one of induction, weigh in is tomorrow night, how am I going to loose a pound???
I do give a pint of blood tomorrow, {number 57th. donation} but that will not be a pound, I know as I counted on that last time

I think I have too many large slices of everythings, and extra of anythings. So today I am just going to have a low serving of SOP. maybe that will keep me good.

Long story made short, Brother was out last night,
He has lost 75 pounds since November. How you ask, cutting down and watching what he eats! Now he is picking up his exercise. Looks some different. I hate it when people say,"You look wonderful you must have lost weight". Know what I am saying.

Well chicks don't let the fools get you, HAHAHA HeHe.
Tazcat

PS I need your help, could someone bring the thread back with the story of the old woman that has moved in. I cannot seem to go past the bottom of the thread that is showing. thank you. No fooling.

Last edited by tazcat; 04-01-2003 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:57 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning!
Off to take the kids to school and then the gym. Not much else today yet, I am sure it will fall into place. Busy Wed, thurs and Friday this week.
Have a good day chickies!
-L
Old 04-01-2003, 07:08 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Taz and L144S and all to come. Taz, I know the story but can't seem to find it easily. Maybe another chickie will bring it up for you.
Happy April Fools Day! It's so nice to have a day when we don't need to send cards, give gifts or take someone out to dinner. We were in France once on this day and had paper fish pinned to the back of our coats! It's called Poisson d'Avril over there. Here's a link to info on this day if you are interested.
http://wilstar.com/holidays/aprilfool.htm

I got lots done yesterday but never as much as I expect! Harry spottted my list and commented on what I had not done! Grrrrrr! It was too cold to work outside once again so I think raking is going to have to wait until after our trip West. It'll be drier then anyhow.

Today I am off to the greenhouse for the morning. I can hardly wait to check out my pretty babies and see what L. has new this week. My cuttings of sage and rosemary are doing well here under the lights and my basil, parsley and coriander have sprouted. Hurry up Spring!

This afternoon, I have a bit more sewing to do and will decide what to pack. I keep a permanent list of what I need for travel which cuts down a lot of the work. Underwear, makeup, pills and stuff are taken care of - I just need to decide what to put on over the undies. I need a wardrobe consultant!

Have a great day today and beware of practical jokes!
Old 04-01-2003, 07:48 AM   #4  

Well, I think the biggest practical jokesteris Mother Nture!! Would you believe it is SNOWING!? And coming down in large flakes! Grrr.....will spring ever FINALLY get here?

Action packed day ahead of me, drop in in the moring and a visit with Skyler (M's best buddy) this afternoon with a side dish of grocery shopping. This evening is the board meeting from **** (and you know how much I love them! ) where I expect quite a bit of fireworks will happen. Other than that, same ole same ole in my life. TOM is here (yeah, another April Fool's gag) so I'm enjoying all the hormones winging their way around my body...hehehehe

Taz, I saw that very monster!! he was lying in bed beside me when I woke up and he's beenannoying ever since! (at least until he has some coffee and then he might turn back into dh again)

Ruth, enjoythe greenhouse! M is taking great pride in her little seedlings and asks me to come and see them all the time It's fun to garden with kids

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-01-2003, 07:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Dang it, I FORGOT it was April Fool's Day!!!!!!! It's always been a tradition in our family to fool someone as soon as they wake up, kinda sneak it in on them. Hmph, by the time dd gets home, she'll be all fooled out! Oh, well.

The SH and I finally had a long face-to-face chat last night. He hates that! So, after 2 hours, I finally dragged out of him that he was being tormented by some things that happened in our past, and he couldn't tell me about it, and couldn't get it out of his mind. I told him to grow up and call me when he did, IF I was still available we would talk then. Boy, he REALLY hated that! We shall see. . . . . . .

Hope all you ladies have a wonderful day, and try to keep me on plan, okay?
Old 04-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I went off plan this week for 3 days, 3 stinkin days, and gained 5 lbs I am NOT a happy camper. To top it off its snowing outside, and I wont likely get my walk in.

Yesterday, hubby and I went shopping for summer clothes. Well, that was a bust. I now remember why I hate shopping for summer clothes. They all look like ****, no matter how nice they are. Too frilly, too short, (flood style DOES NOT look good on me) make me look short and fat!! Im tall and fat dangit! Everything I tried on was awful Nothing like trying on new clothes to remind me Im still 200lbs 205 actually

Ok, Im done ranting on for now. Since Ive got my mind in this strange place, I suppose I had better go shower and have my morning coffee......and see if it makes an improvement.

Have a good day everyone......MissD did you make it thru the day yesterday?

Robin
Old 04-01-2003, 09:07 AM   #7  

Good Morning All!!

Yes Robin-I made it through yesterday-thanks for checkin' on me--I actually stayed OP all day it is the little things in life that makes me happy!

Pooky--don't worry-the BIG snowflakes visited us yesterday too-did not stick around to long though, to many people outside cursing them! Really though it is supposed to be 65 today-go figure!

Ruthie-It is funny you mentioned that about the fish on the back-I was reading the comics this morning and in Arlo and Janis they had a joke about that-now I get it!!

Sherrie--GFY!! You go! If he can't get over something that happened in the past, it is hard to plan your future! Bygones!!!

Taz-That monster.....it was actually in my MIRROR this morning....what gives?? It was really ugly, and mean....and DH had already left for work, so it was not him!! Oh--wait a minute...It went away after my first cup cup of coffee....shwoo!!

Thanks for the heads up about April Fools Day--I will not be HAD today!! I only wish I would have GOT my kids this morning!

Well, I'm off to the grocery-no potato chips will cross my cart!!

Miss D.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:37 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

WTG Miss!!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 04:22 PM   #9  

Wow--Sure is quiet here in the henhouse today, everyone must be busy!!

Robin-I am starting to slide a little today--I am catching myself a little though and planning on an OP supper--how are you doing?? I have not drank any water yet today either--BOOOOO!! I will start that right after this diet pepsi!

Well, Taz-everytime I see that new aviater of yours it really DOES remind me of you--always on the run! Makes me smile!

Well, I will go and let all you chickies catch up today--don't work to hard, and have a great April Fool's Day!!

Miss D
Old 04-01-2003, 05:06 PM   #10  

Chicks, I think I have a problem. I'm starting to sneak around and eat thing that are really bad for me when no one is around. Like not having witnesses means that the carbs don't count. I just ate a Snickers bar in the car on the way to the Bank so that my co-worker wouldn't know about it. Sometimes I'll wait til DH goes to bed to eat and then eat something like half a bag of frozen fries. (cooked of course) What's the deal with this? I always thought I had a semi-healthy relationship with food. Anyone got an opinion?
Old 04-01-2003, 07:07 PM   #11  

Hmmmmm, Dyan - I have a hunch that you are feeling deprived even if you aren't aware of it. It might sound a bit 'out there' but maybe a planned cheat every couple weeks would help. Announce it to all and be very up front about it, then enjoy it and don't feel guilty then jump right back OP.

I may be way off, tho. What do you other chicks think???

Kel
Old 04-01-2003, 07:54 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Kel. I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking that Dyan needs to find a way to get in some of the things she feels she is missing. A planed cheat meal sounds right on the money.
-L
Old 04-01-2003, 09:12 PM   #13  

Thanks chicks - strange thing is that I don't usually even like snickers. I think also the lack of work has a lot to do with it. I've had a lot of downtime at work this week. usually I'm busy busy busy.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:36 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Dyan, give yourself a CAD day and enjoy your Reward Meal. Don't forget the 1 hour time limit though.
Sherrie, is this the same fellow who has been in and out of jail? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if he's the same guy, didn't you once say you'd never have anything to do with him again? Why do you keep letting him back into your life? It sounds to me as if he just likes pushing your buttons. All these mind games can't be good for you. Sorry, if I'm butting in with opinions not wanted.

Robin, sorry about your binge and subsequent weight gain, but I have to confess it's good to finally meet somebody who can gain as quickly as I do. You will get back on track and lose it fast, I'm sure.

Ruth, just three more days and we'll see each other again. Whoopeeee! Why else would I have been on my knees on the cold, hard tiles cleaning grout in the bathroom this morning. Oy, my aching joints.

I totally forgot it was April Fools Day today. I fooled myself though. I've been SO op but my neighbor brought over half a loaf of some lovely rich Easter bread and I couldn't resist. I cut a thin slice of it and slathered on the butter. She said it had 12 egg yolks in it and lots of butter so how bad could it be? Lots of water coming up. glug glug
Old 04-01-2003, 09:59 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cleaning the frassing grout!!!! Are you insane????? Remind me to notice and remind me to tell Harry not to pee on it!