Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #76  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryn s View Post
Elastic- of course duh, didn't think that through did I?! I suppose what I meant is the cup sizes aren't going to make the band size any larger itself, as in, would a 32A and 32B be the same length or does a B have wider cups which add length overall? And now that I've phrased it like that I realise how utterly stupid that is.

I suppose the only real way to find out what works for me is to take about 10 different sizes into the fitting room and try them out...
Definitely check out bratabase (and enter in your own bras too!). Basically women have already entered in a lot of bras and how stretchy the bands so it might save you a lot of leg work.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #77  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberries View Post
Okay, HELP again! Haha... I feel like I'm in 6th grade again needing bra help.

I remeasured and came out as a 36I (US) or 36G (UK) according to this site that was posted earlier: http://www.breakoutbras.com/sizing

Ordering from Ewa, would you use the US size or the UK size? I'm thinking UK, but I don't want to be wrong.
Order using your UK size! But just to check, what was you underbust measurement? I'd really go but whatever your underbust measurement is exactly and make sure not to add any inches.

Another thing. In case I haven't passed this on to you already check out Curvy Wordy's blog (there should be a link on the blogs I follow on my blog). She reviews A LOT of Ewa Michalak bras and she's between a 36/34 band size in Ewa Michalak bras so you can have a better idea of what to look for in your size.

If possible, I'd definitely suggest trying out a few different cup sizes and returning ones that don't work. It stinks but once you do figure out your cup size it's an amazing place to order (and even with international shipping I find the prices cheaper than most places in the states!).

I don't know if you saw the results of my underbust survey on my blog but it doesn't seem to be that rare for women to need 34 and 36 bands at your size.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #78  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Order using your UK size! But just to check, what was you underbust measurement? I'd really go but whatever your underbust measurement is exactly and make sure not to add any inches.

Another thing. In case I haven't passed this on to you already check out Curvy Wordy's blog (there should be a link on the blogs I follow on my blog). She reviews A LOT of Ewa Michalak bras and she's between a 36/34 band size in Ewa Michalak bras so you can have a better idea of what to look for in your size.

If possible, I'd definitely suggest trying out a few different cup sizes and returning ones that don't work. It stinks but once you do figure out your cup size it's an amazing place to order (and even with international shipping I find the prices cheaper than most places in the states!).

I don't know if you saw the results of my underbust survey on my blog but it doesn't seem to be that rare for women to need 34 and 36 bands at your size.
When I measured again last night, I measured right at a 36 underbust, pulled snug but not so tight as I had when using the EM calculator. I was 45 in. across the bust. So I'm probably a 36G, but should maybe also order a 36FF and 36GG to be safe? I don't mind ordering a couple of sizes and returning the ones that don't fit, so long as they're good about returns.

ETA: I'm only planning to end up with one great bra for right now. I'm down about 50 lb, but still have 50 or more to go. I know my size will keep changing (I also just weaned a baby, so my cup size may still be shrinking), so I want to wait before investing in several.

Last edited by Blueberries; 03-07-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #79  
June

Quote:
When I measured again last night, I measured right at a 36 underbust, pulled snug but not so tight as I had when using the EM calculator. I was 45 in. across the bust. So I'm probably a 36G, but should maybe also order a 36FF and 36GG to be safe? I don't mind ordering a couple of sizes and returning the ones that don't fit, so long as they're good about returns.

ETA: I'm only planning to end up with one great bra for right now. I'm down about 50 lb, but still have 50 or more to go. I know my size will keep changing (I also just weaned a baby, so my cup size may still be shrinking), so I want to wait before investing in several.
I think it sounds like a good plan. You *might* want to consider trying a 34GG too if your band size fluctuates that much (at night my band also goes up somewhat). Also, it does take awhile for the order to get from Poland to the states (because they actually make the bras once you place the order) so it doesn't hurt to get the smaller band size if you lose during that time.

For the returns you have 10 days from the day you receive your package to post it back to them. There is a form on their website (in English) that you need to fill out and make sure to keep all the tags on them. I think that's the only thing you need to know for returns.

Good luck with your order!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #80  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I think it sounds like a good plan. You *might* want to consider trying a 34GG too if your band size fluctuates that much (at night my band also goes up somewhat). Also, it does take awhile for the order to get from Poland to the states (because they actually make the bras once you place the order) so it doesn't hurt to get the smaller band size if you lose during that time.

For the returns you have 10 days from the day you receive your package to post it back to them. There is a form on their website (in English) that you need to fill out and make sure to keep all the tags on them. I think that's the only thing you need to know for returns.

Good luck with your order!!!!
Seriously, thank you SO much for all your help. I ended up just ordering a 36G and a 34GG. I figure even if the 34 is too tight but close, I can use an extender for awhile. Can't wait to get them!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #81  
June

Quote:
Seriously, thank you SO much for all your help. I ended up just ordering a 36G and a 34GG. I figure even if the 34 is too tight but close, I can use an extender for awhile. Can't wait to get them!
I hope they get there quickly!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #82  

Just posted my stats to bratabase and unfortunately I'm the only one on there with my measurements. Now I feel like it's my mission to find bras that fit me so I can post them to there!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #83  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryn s View Post
Just posted my stats to bratabase and unfortunately I'm the only one on there with my measurements. Now I feel like it's my mission to find bras that fit me so I can post them to there!
Good for you!!!!!

You're not the only one. I was the only person with my stats for a LONG time on there too. Now I have a few people close to them but the suggestions for bras don't work too well for me. However, the more bras we enter in there, the more other women we can help find bras.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:52 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Bras make me want to cry. I've been wearing a couple of very worn/stretched out 42Gs but my shoulders kill me. I'm a CNA and yesterday work was so hot, sweating like crazy and the straps felt like they were cutting me most of the shift. Every time I try and measure and order one it never fits right. I should be a 42 without adding inches, I think my problem is always buying a too small cup cause they are so hard to find. Just ordered a new size today, will seriously cry if it doesn't work.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #85  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsey View Post
Bras make me want to cry. I've been wearing a couple of very worn/stretched out 42Gs but my shoulders kill me. I'm a CNA and yesterday work was so hot, sweating like crazy and the straps felt like they were cutting me most of the shift. Every time I try and measure and order one it never fits right. I should be a 42 without adding inches, I think my problem is always buying a too small cup cause they are so hard to find. Just ordered a new size today, will seriously cry if it doesn't work.

At the higher end of the band range you might actually find that you need to go down a few band sizes. There's a great blog called Bra Nightmares (don't be scared by the Finish, she does posts in both English and Finnish) and she's about your size and has found that she needs to go down a few band sizes to get the correct size. She's really great about responding to comments so I'd suggest getting in touch with her to find out more specifics (and she could probably suggest bands to try too).
Old 03-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #86  
Sweet girl in L.A.

S/C/G: 242/212/180

Height: 5'2"

oh lawd, I am so confused. So how do I find my real size? Can someone sum this up? I understand no need to add inches to the rib cage measurement. Do I still bend over and measure for my cup and use the difference in the inches to find my cup size?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #87  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtgila View Post
oh lawd, I am so confused. So how do I find my real size? Can someone sum this up? I understand no need to add inches to the rib cage measurement. Do I still bend over and measure for my cup and use the difference in the inches to find my cup size?
The best starting place is underbust=band size and then from there take the difference from your bust size and underbust to find the cup size. What I suggest is actually taking a few different measurements for your bust (laying flat on your back and also bent forward) and shooting for something in the middle of your measurements.

Nothing can be trying on bras in person and watching for signs of a well-fitting bra (the band is parallel to the floor, you can only fit two fingers behind the back of your band, wires that encompass all of your breast tissue, center gore that lays flat against your sternum and cups that don't wrinkle on top or have your breast tissue buldge over).
Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #88  
Sweet girl in L.A.

S/C/G: 242/212/180

Height: 5'2"

Thank you! I just tried it the bending over way. So no need to add 5 inches to the band size, correct? I got 42" for the band (the actual measurement).
Old 03-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #89  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Okay quick question... I just put on my bra from when I got married 2 years ago. It's a 42 DD, and I don't fill up the entire cup. When I measured my underbust, it was 35. So do I need to go down in band width and cup size or should I try band width first and then cupsize?
Old 03-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #90  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition View Post
Okay quick question... I just put on my bra from when I got married 2 years ago. It's a 42 DD, and I don't fill up the entire cup. When I measured my underbust, it was 35. So do I need to go down in band width and cup size or should I try band width first and then cupsize?
Because the band is so big it'll be really hard to see if the cups actually fit or not. You'd really need to try on 34's or 36's to get a better feel of your correct cup size.

Remember too that when you go down a band size you need to go up a cup size to get the same volume. So in terms of the size of the cups 42DD=40E=38F=36FF=34G possibly 36FF and 34G would be good staring point. What is your bust measurement right now?
Closed Thread