Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #136  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

eryn s

I can't say 100% sure without seeing you in person but I do have a few thoughts:

- Do you have soft breasts? Read through my link and see if that applies to you. Soft breasts can be difficult because if you lean forward or back they shift around quite a bit. Additionally, they normally don't stay put very well during the day so a bra can seem small in the cups but then too large and then too small again. If that's the case look for bras with a high center gore, you might find an improvement in fit by sewing the center gore in your bras together: http://boobiusmaximus.livejournal.com/1474.html Additionally, look for bras that are full fit, lots of coverage. Plunges might not be very good every day bras for you.

- How do the wires feel on you? Do they enclose the breast tissue on the sides? Are they too wide on the sides? Some brands have wider wires than others and it might be that that brand/fit isn't the best for you.

- When you put on the bra are you making sure to bend forward and scoop all your breast tissue into the cups?

- Try different materials. If you do have soft breasts a padded cup (rather than moulded) might be a better fit. Moulded cups are notoriously difficult fits because your breasts need to have the exact same shape as the cups. Padded 3 seam bras are more adaptable to breasts and will actually fit you better over time (Ewa Michalak bras have this).

- You could have full on bottom breasts. In that case look for bras that are tighter on top. The one I know off the top of my head is the Bravissimo Alana. http://www.bravissimo.com/products/s...merald/au01em/

From what it sounds to me is that your size is correct but that bra might not be the best fit for you. Unless, of course, you weren't scooping all of your breast tissue into the cups and by doing that it fixes the problem. IF you do have soft breasts than you're most likely to have this issue in other bras. IF you have full on bottom breasts look for bras that have a tighter fit on top.

Last edited by runningfromfat; 04-01-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #137  
slowly shrinking mii

S/C/G: 230/115/120

Height: 5'0"

wondering if anyone can help? is there such thing as a good supportive non-underwire bra? I know most women prefer the underwire bras but I can not stand them, maybe its because they have never fit properly. I have been sized several times over the years at stores that specialize in bras(not VS) and have never been happy with what I get. I have been measured at anywhere between a 42C to a 44E to a 38D.

My boobs fall to the side quite a bit so I seem to have trouble with overage on the sides, I just want a bra that fits.

anyway back to my question are there any good bras that do not have underwire?

thanks for the help

Last edited by threekidsandasheltie; 04-01-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #138  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
- Try different materials. If you do have soft breasts a padded cup (rather than moulded) might be a better fit. Moulded cups are notoriously difficult fits because your breasts need to have the exact same shape as the cups. Padded 3 seam bras are more adaptable to breasts and will actually fit you better over time (Ewa Michalak bras have this).
I think you've hit the nail on the head with this one. I've always worn moulded cups and I think the shape of my breasts is a little unusual and not the "ideal" shape that the moulded cups are designed for. I'm wearing a moulded cup bra right now and I've just noticed that it's a little roomy in the cups by the central gore but it fits my boobs really tightly in the armpit side of the cups. I think that probably backs up the fact that the cups just aren't the right shape for me- I'd say that I had quite firm, widely set breasts; I think if they were a little closer together then this bra would fit better.

runningfromfat: Thank you for all your advice- I am in absolute awe of all your bra knowledge!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #139  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by threekidsandasheltie View Post
wondering if anyone can help? is there such thing as a good supportive non-underwire bra? I know most women prefer the underwire bras but I can not stand them, maybe its because they have never fit properly. I have been sized several times over the years at stores that specialize in bras(not VS) and have never been happy with what I get. I have been measured at anywhere between a 42C to a 44E to a 38D.

My boobs fall to the side quite a bit so I seem to have trouble with overage on the sides, I just want a bra that fits.

anyway back to my question are there any good bras that do not have underwire?

thanks for the help
I haven't had much experience with soft cup bras (not from lack of desire but I actually only know of two brands that even carry soft cup bras in my size and I've ordered one and am waiting on it still).

BUT I will say this. Underwire issues definitely can develop from having poorly fitting bras. What are your measurements? I can help with your size and suggest bras that will fit your shape. A good place to start when it comes to measurements is this calculator: www.butterflycollection.ca/bra-size-calculator/

As for the sides... When you put on your bra are you making sure to bend over and scoop all your breast tissue into the cups? That will help to some extent (also it will make it more obvious if the bras fit correctly in the cups or not). But it sounds like you'd do a lot better with a bra that has high underwires underneath the arms and wider cups. Have you tried Panache's or Curvy Kate yet? Both have wider cups and higher underwires underneath the arms.

Another thing about soft cups. Underwires help keep your breast in place and prevent breast tissue migration. It sounds like you might have a good deal of breast tissue migration after years of wearing the wrong bra size (very normal and I still have some too). Soft cups aren't very good at fixing this because they spread your breasts out more along the sides due to the lack of underwires. I do think it's nice to have a good soft cup bra for at home/sleep but I wouldn't recommend one for every day wear (unless we're talking some special circumstances like post-surgery etc).

Let me know about your measurements and maybe I can help further.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #140  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryn s View Post
I think you've hit the nail on the head with this one. I've always worn moulded cups and I think the shape of my breasts is a little unusual and not the "ideal" shape that the moulded cups are designed for. I'm wearing a moulded cup bra right now and I've just noticed that it's a little roomy in the cups by the central gore but it fits my boobs really tightly in the armpit side of the cups. I think that probably backs up the fact that the cups just aren't the right shape for me- I'd say that I had quite firm, widely set breasts; I think if they were a little closer together then this bra would fit better.

runningfromfat: Thank you for all your advice- I am in absolute awe of all your bra knowledge!
No problem! and Thanks!

I'd actually go so far as to say most women probably don't have some designated "ideal shape". There is so much variation between breasts that that's really hard to pinpoint.

If you have firm widely set breasts try Panache, possibly Fantasie. Those brands might do a lot better for you. Also, sheer cups or padded but not moulded might get along a lot better with your breasts. Good luck!!!
Closed Thread