Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #61  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

No weigh-in today.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Same egg bake, slice of home-made whole-wheat bread, yogurt and cantaloupe
Lunch: Mixed greens salad, roasted vegetables, almonds, sardines packed in water, ginger sesame dressing
Snack: MacIntosh apple
Dinner: Mini turkey meatball vegetable soup
Dessert: Frozen Jell-O pudding cup

Exercise:

Front leg raise 3x20, Lateral leg raise 3x20, Lateral w/ toes up 3x20, Lateral opposite 3x20 (just left leg) Bicycle 3x20, Kickback 3x20 and High knee 3x20 (just left leg)
12 minutes on stationary bike, 2.5 miles; leg curls, over & under, 4x12; abductor & adductor sets, 3x12 each; practice stepping on ball, 3x10

5-lb dumbbell routine

Last edited by saef; 02-06-2015 at 07:04 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:38 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm down 1.4 lbs. from last week's weigh-in. Nohard work on my part - just extra cals expended from trudging through knee high snow, shovelling out my car 3-4 times a day from the snow heaps that now pass for parking spots, and so on. I am also eating 1 package of dried fruit (Costco - 30 to 40 cals per package) and 1 single serving cup of yogurt (100 cals) as my evening snacks.

Tonite my "eating while seated at the dining table" plan begins. I will only eat while doing that. No other locations. Should be interesting.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:21 AM   #63  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

You go, Dagmar! Let us know how it works out.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:51 AM   #64  
Girl Gone Strong

Weighed in at 142.2 pounds

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Same egg bake, slice of home-made whole-wheat bread, yogurt and cantaloupe
Lunch: Mixed greens salad with roasted vegetables, lots of feta cheese, walnuts and Craisins
Snack: Rome apple
Dinner: Mini turkey meatball vegetable soup
Dessert: Jell-O pudding cup

Exercise:

Front leg raise 3x20, Lateral leg raise 3x20, Lateral w/ toes up 3x20, Lateral opposite 3x20, Bicycle 3x20, Kickback 3x20 and High knee 3x20 (both these just left leg) Did this twice
5-lb. dumbbell routine

Last edited by saef; 02-08-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #65  

Hi! I have specific goals for myself. I have been Maintaining the majority of my weight loss for almost 1 year, I gained a bit in December/Jan and now back to losing again!

Counting bites! I have been counting bites for almost 16 months!
ahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:36 PM   #66  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Dagmar, do you get back to your house during the day? If not, are you planning o skip lunch?

Saef, I hope that turkey meatball soup is really hearty; it doesn't sound like a satisfying dinner.

I've been doing reasonably well with my eating and exercise plan but still managed to go up by 3 pounds in a week, because it is "non-low-carb" week. that is, a normal eating week without low-carb days which is part of the carb cycling system. This weight gain happens every time I do this (every 4th week), so I should be used to it by now, but it's still sort of depressing. And because I'm bummed and alone in the house this evening, I used it as an excuse to binge-eat all kinds of "good for me" junk food (granola; nuts; quinoa-dried cherry-feta salad and other things). SSDD
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:47 AM   #67  

Andrea I do get back to my house to eat my "lunch" around 9:30 - 10 a.m. You have pointed out something though. I have a snack (boiled egg, 10 baby carrots) in my car after dog walk #3. Technically it's off plan as it's not at the dining table. I am sitting down and attentive to what I'm eating (although it's always in a rush) so I think that still fits into the plan.

What does SSDD mean? Thanks!

Dagmar
Old 02-08-2015, 07:04 AM   #68  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Same Shirt Different Day (only not really shirt ). It can also mean Same S Different Diet, I suppose!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:48 AM   #69  
Girl Gone Strong

Andrea, the soup makes a good dinner for me, perhaps because I am still very sedentary, as I am only partially weight-bearing. Maybe it's hearty enough for me, but not for someone who actually walks around or works out more than doing weighted leg lifts twice a day? It's more vegetables than broth, with cannellini beans, collard greens, peas, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, celery & onions. Also two tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, for flavor.

It's based on this recipe, but modified to include what I had in hand. I already had made the turkey meatballs months ago and retrieved them from my freezer, so they came from another recipe. I partially cooked the collard greens ahead of time, because they're tougher than spinach:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/10/m...able-soup.html

No weigh-in today.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Egg bake with feta cheese, spinach and mushrooms, slice of home-made whole-wheat bread, yogurt and strawberries
Lunch: Mixed green salad with roasted vegetables, walnuts, Craisins and several forkfuls of hummus
Dinner: Baked ham, steamed cauliflower and green beans, sweet potato
Dessert: Jell-O pudding cup

Exercise:

Front leg raise 3x20, Lateral leg raise 3x20, Lateral w/ toes up 3x20, Lateral opposite 3x20, Bicycle 3x20, Kickback 3x20 and High knee 3x20 (both these just left leg) Did this twice

5-lb. dumbbell routine while watching "The Walking Dead"

Last edited by saef; 02-09-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Andrea.... Just a thought on your slingshot weeks... Are you still staying on plan during those weeks but just having higher carb days? Meaning are you still portion controlling, etc? I keep on plan during my slingshot weeks and typically see a loss during that week. My slingshot week is next week and I always look forward to it! I'm not being critical, just asking. Does the weight come off quickly the next week? I know some people do see gains that week, but I think my body actually likes carbs, within reason.

Sunday is fun day and I'm debating my splurge. I have book club today so if I eat something there, it may be my splurge. Otherwise, I'll do something for dinner.

It's pouring rain here.... Going to head out for yoga soon but I'm not really motivated to get off the couch!

I did two workouts yesterday which I haven't done in months... Wiped me out and my weight was down a pound today. I did spin at the gym and then went right to bikram. Phew!

Today is my youngest dd's birthday. She is 20. I feel old....she had a roaring 20s party to celebrate. I loved seeing her photos on Facebook this morning. She looks so happy.

Last edited by traveling michele; 02-08-2015 at 11:25 AM.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #71  

[B]Michele[/B ]That's a wonderful thing to say regarding your daughter. You obviously love her very much.

Dagmar
Old 02-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #72  
Girl Gone Strong

No weigh-in today.

Chaotic and frustrating morning, as this was my first day going to work on the laptop from home, after three months out recuperating. I have to work out a new routine. It's harder to get breakfast while leaning on a walker, and I need my mother's assistance to put the shower bench into the tub.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Egg bake with feta cheese, spinach and mushrooms, slice of home-made whole-wheat bread, yogurt and strawberries
Lunch: Mixed greens salad, roasted vegetables, walnuts, goat cheese, Craisins
Dinner: Rib eye steak, steamed broccoli and green beans, sweet potato

Exercise:

Walked with walker down width of basement hallway
5-lb dumbbell routine

Last edited by saef; 02-09-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:26 PM   #73  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Michele, you bring up a very good point. I'm not doing the carb-cycling program properly; bit by bit, I've let go of many of the principles, keeping primarily the minimal carbs on "low-carb" days going. I NEVER did the gallon of water he advises- I thought that was preposterous and the opposite of healthy. But, I have stopped even having the 6 glasses a day I had been aiming for up until about New Year's. I also gave up on the 5-mini-meals every day after about 2 weeks. I pack carb+protein or veg+fat+protein snacks every day, but only manage to get them both in about 50% of the time. My breakfast often has added sugar (e.g. granola with greek yogurt), and my dinners are twice as big as he recommends. OTOH, I'm in maintenance, not weight-loss mode. I've given up on going below 125, as it quickly makes me very binge-prone.

Saef, I'm amazed that (a) you had the fortitude to not work from home for 3 months straight and that (b) you have the self-discipline to get up early now that you ARE working from home. And, yeah, I think living in a warmer, friendlier climate would definitely hasten your recovery.

Hi Ahna, welcome back. Hope your bites approach quickly has you back to goal.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #74  
Girl Gone Strong

No weigh-in today.

This morning was a little better: Up 15 minutes earlier, breakfast first, then physical therapy leg lifts, then shower. I lingered a bit too long over breakfast and a section of the NY Times, but I felt like I've got the right order down.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Egg bake with feta cheese, spinach and mushrooms, slice of home-made whole-wheat bread, yogurt and two kiwi fruit
Lunch: Mixed green salad with roasted vegetables, walnuts, goat cheese and freeze-dried unsweetened cranberries
Dinner: Salmon with steamed asparagus, brussels sprouts and an ear of sweet corn

Exercise:

Front leg raise 3x20, Lateral leg raise 3x20, Lateral w/ toes up 3x20, Lateral opposite 3x20, Bicycle 3x20, Kickback 3x20 and High knee 3x20 (both these just left leg) (Did this twice)
Walked up and down the corridor with the walker twice
5-lb, dumbbell routine

Last edited by saef; 02-11-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Andrea, maybe you should consider leveling out your carbs so that your weight stays more constant. I'm sure the extra weight is all water when you up the carbs for a week. I don't see any point in drinking excessive water either, except that I might get extra steps at work by going to the restroom more often.

Ahna, is there a rule about the size of bites? I could see myself taking rather big bites if that's what I was counting.

I made up a new recipe while car camping, to help get more potassium into the camping diet. It was 70 g green onions, 650 g (raw weight) sweet potatoes baked, 250 g spinach, 200 g chicken. I sauteed everything in the frying pan and seasoned with a little salt, pepper, about 1 tsp paprika and cumin. It looked like a very weird concoction but was actually delicious.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote