Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #496  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

I've seen scale #s below 128 several days this week, and only one above 128, so I'm officially moving the "current" weight on my profile down. Finally. It's killing me that even a single day of overeating can set me back 1-2 pounds for a week (clearly not just water weight), so it feels like I have to fight my way back down to (a not entirely satisfactory) goal with 100% resolve.

Where is everyone? Are you all away on holiday? I'd be curious to know how many people read this thread without ever (or only rarely) posting. It feels like just 4-5 of us make up 90%+ of the posts. I miss some of the other Maintainer "voices" we had when we were just a single thread. But I also understand how demoralizing it can be to read about someone's battle to lose the last 3 pounds when you have 15 or more to go (I stopped reading the Featherweights forum for the similar reason that I couldn't stand hearing about some 5'5" woman's struggle to get down to 110 pounds when she was at 118). I should probably just read and post in more threads/forums, but I have such limited time that it's hard to justify spending more time here than I already do. Suggestions?
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:25 AM   #497  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Fourth of July, Andrea,

I always read this thread, but post elsewhere on 3FC. I'm smarting that a three day trip to visit relatives seemed to contribute to a zero pound loss for June. Zero is a very small number of pounds for a whole month of trying.

No suggestions . . . just good wishes.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:14 AM   #498  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Default Invest time, don't spend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodoc View Post
I should probably just read and post in more threads/forums, but I have such limited time that it's hard to justify spending more time here than I already do. Suggestions?
Oh how I do understand about limited time! But investing five minutes more, say, in reading another thread(s) could pay you dividends.

You know better than me what would be a dividend for you but (I am brain storming here as time is short ...) dividends could come in the form of:

a few moments of relaxation
feeling good to be in touch with the like-minded, with this community, with people who've known you a while
information
support
confirmation of your approach (effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability)
challenges to your approach (as above).

HTH. BBL.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:20 AM   #499  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I have been losing the fight with the fluffy this year Andrea. I try to post in the chat thread and it's never about my weight, which continues to climb. I do read here and post occasionally but I'm too most of the time.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #500  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

This is post 500! Time to start a new thread? And right in the middle of a good discussion of the usefulness or threads and what we get out of them, and from the site in general.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:24 AM   #501  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks saef

The new thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...ver-again.html
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #502  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Have carried forward (c/p) our discussion to the next thread.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote