Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #31  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Forgot to weigh myself this morning. I don't think it was a "forgot," I think it honestly slipped my mind, because after three months, I've gotten out of the habit.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Same egg bake as yesterday, same steel-cut oats, yogurt and cut-up maybe Galia melon
Lunch: Mixed green salad with roasted vegetables, walnuts, goat cheese and Craisins
Snack: Rome apple
Dinner: Pork loin stuffed with dried apples and chestnuts, steamed green beans, steamed broccoli, sweet potato
Dessert: Cherries

Exercise:

Front leg raise 3x20, Lateral leg raise 3x20, Lateral w/ toes up 3x20, Lateral opposite 3x20 (just left leg) Bicycle 3x20, Kickback 3x20 and High knee 3x20 (just left leg)

5-lb. dumbbell routine

Last edited by saef; 01-29-2015 at 08:40 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I just did a dinner walk in a snowstorm. After I eat my own dinner I'm going to an interview in the same storm. The interview is at the base of the biggest hill in my service area. I'm hoping the plows and salters have already been when I drive down.

Very wet gunky snow today. The temps are supposed to drop rapidly tonite - skating tomorrow! have to force myself to clean off my car when I get back from the interview. DH is working late. I'm hoping he plows the driveway after he gets home.

SIGH

Dagmar of
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:15 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Mudpie, your weather is a world away for me. It's in the 70's and drought here.

Underanalysis, I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy your friend's visit and maintain. Looks like you might be at an easily maintained weight for you.

I had a good food day today. If I can do several of these per week, I'll be so thrilled. I'm in the rumbling stages of thinking about doing NROLW again. I had great results when I did it the first time.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:25 AM   #34  

Blizzard conditions today - 50 KPH (kilometers per hour) gusting winds and blowing snow etc. Temps dropping to minus 10 and staying there with a deep freeze looming on the weekend.

I must go on. One day, one step at a time. This is the time of year I do not want to eat salad!

Dagmar
Old 01-30-2015, 09:15 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It's been raining here (thank goodness!--we need it) steadily for over 3 hours and they say that it'll taper off and wind around and start up again this afternoon. Slow and steady rain is wonderful (instead of the torrential downpours we often get that cause a lot of flooding).

My weight blipped up a bit over night. Not sure of the cause because dinner was fairly light and healthy.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:30 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Stay safe, Dagmar!!

My weather is super nice (though it is currently so foggy I couldn't see my school on my drive in)--we're supposed to have a few nice days and then a "return of winter" whatever that means in California~

Dh is home from China for a few days. We're going to try to cram lots of together time in, some yoga, some meals out, his birthday, SuperBowl, maybe a movie.... and he'll be jet lagged so we'll see what we actually do!

Weight was down a smidge today but still looking to be up a couple of pounds for my weigh in. Sigh... I'll adjust my ticker back up once I have my weigh in tomorrow-- after planned sushi tonight-- so probably not going to be pretty.

I did avoid the treats at work yesterday. It was hard! Then I went to Starbucks this morning for my Americano (treat on Friday) and they pushed a sample of banana bread on me-- I resisted again but it was hard.

What would I weigh if I gave in to every temptation offered? I shudder to think?! I know I'd be well over 200 pounds for sure.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:37 AM   #37  
Girl Gone Strong

I didn't weigh in again today, and I think it's because it's been so difficult hanging on this week, what with having been shut in for seven straight days, that I'm trying to protect myself from any "bad news" that would require being hard on myself.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Same egg bake as yesterday, same steel-cut oats, yogurt and cut-up Galia melon
Lunch: Mixed green salad with roasted vegetables, walnuts, goat cheese and shreds of sun-dried tomato
Dinner: Pork loin stuffed with dried apples and chestnuts, steamed cauliflower, squash & onions sauteed with a can of Ro-Tel
Dessert: Frozen Jell-O sugarfree pudding

Exercise:

Front leg raise 3x20, Lateral leg raise 3x20, Lateral w/ toes up 3x20, Lateral opposite 3x20 (just left leg) Bicycle 3x20, Kickback 3x20 and High knee 3x20 (just left leg)
At physical therapy: Had to hop up 20 steps on one foot to get to the gym. Did that in four sets of five steps. Then, once in the gym, 10 minutes on arm bike, resistance at 4, random = 2 miles; 3x15 leg curl machine, first up, then down; 3x15 adductor, then abductor, another 12 minutes on arm bike, resistance at 4, hills = 2.5 miles

Last edited by saef; 01-31-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! I think this is the right thread for me. I will put a longer intro in the intro area. I maintained at a slightly higher weight for a couple of years, but recently decided to "try on" being 5 pounds less, and so far I like it.

Maintenance is an every day battle for me. No coasting. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone here!!
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
Hello everyone! I think this is the right thread for me. I will put a longer intro in the intro area. I maintained at a slightly higher weight for a couple of years, but recently decided to "try on" being 5 pounds less, and so far I like it.

Maintenance is an every day battle for me. No coasting. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone here!!
Welcome! Should we call you Howlin?

Dagmar
Old 01-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi Dagmar! I'm Alice. I put an intro in the Maintenance Chat thread.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #41  
Workin' It

Hi Alice! I love your signature line.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 01-30-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:13 AM   #42  
Girl Gone Strong

Weight, before breakfast: 142 pounds, even

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Same egg bake as yesterday, same steel-cut oats, yogurt and blueberries with cinnamon & Splenda packet
Lunch: Mixed green salad with roasted vegetables, walnuts, goat cheese and shreds of sun-dried tomatoes
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Sauerkraut and ground beef soup

Exercise:

Did this twice today

5-lb dumbbell routine

Last edited by saef; 02-01-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi and welcome, Alice!

I've been shoveling snow like a white tornado for the past couple days. Everything but my legs is sore, but it's a pretty uniform light level of soreness that's actually almost a pleasant feeling, making me feel like Hercules. Also, I'm impressed with the volume of snow I've moved. We have a plow guy come to "clear" our extremely long driveway, but there just wasn't any place for him to push it all, so I've been hoiking it out of the way.

Anyway, my weight was up to 143.0, but I expect part of that it is due to muscle soreness and I'm pretty pleased with the amount of activity I've gotten.

Last edited by yoyoma; 01-31-2015 at 02:45 PM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #44  
Girl Gone Strong

Didn't weigh in today.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Same egg bake as yesterday, same steel-cut oats, yogurt and blackberries
Lunch: Sauerkraut and ground beef soup
Dinner: Baked catfish, sweet potato, steamed broccoli, cauliflower and green bean mix

Exercise:

Did this twice

5-lb dumbbell routine

Last edited by saef; 02-02-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:19 PM   #45  

First day of February and we're in the midst of a snowstorm and dropping temps. I worked today - 2 dog walks - but kept the snacking to a minimum. I have a slow cooker full of turkey, tomatoes, and spinach for dinner and have a banana all ready to go as my "dessert" for later.

I'm going to step on the scale tomorrow morning. Will it be or :?

Dagmar