Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #181  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

After the memorial service, I found a pint of B&J's "Chocolate Therapy" in the freezer. Good things: 1. I didn't eat all of it. 2. DS helped. 3. There's still about a third of a pint left. What is it about "comfort food"? Why can't I learn to go for a "comfort run" or "comfort swim"? Argh.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #182  
Workin' It

Becky - I ask myself the same thing. I feel much better if I happen to choose a 'comfort run' or 'comfort yoga', but I still reach for the Chocolate Therapy. Good job on not eating all of it.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #183  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Shannon!

I continue to bounce around the 151-154 range. It's "okay" ... things fit, I can wear regular clothes, and I'm still weighing regularly and keeping track of my daily steps. Problem is - it feels like a 60% effort. I am coasting. I think I'll let my head run wild for a few days and consider all my potential paths. It may be time for a course correction.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Thanks, Shannon!

I continue to bounce around the 151-154 range. It's "okay" ... things fit, I can wear regular clothes, and I'm still weighing regularly and keeping track of my daily steps. Problem is - it feels like a 60% effort. I am coasting. I think I'll let my head run wild for a few days and consider all my potential paths. It may be time for a course correction.
I think I am at a similar point Becky. I am, for the second Saturday, hungover and bloated from beer and chips last night. I keep thinking DH will suddenly be happy about the new house and start celebrating (for real) with me. So when he talks about how unhappy he is I indulge in these self-destructive behaviours I thought I'd left behind. I am disgusted with myself for doing this and it stops today. I'm not going to waste any more of my life hurting myself because I feel guilty about not making him happy. He has to make himself happy.

I guess for now I'll have to be happy alone face-to-face and post here with my online friends. I keep forgetting that I DO have a support system here.

Dagmar ( but going to be )
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Not o get too personal here, Dagmar but isn't this YOUR house ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Not o get too personal here, Dagmar but isn't this YOUR house ?
Yes it is. But DH will be living there with me and sharing in the expenses and maintenance. We had a chat this morning and we are both going to try to change some of our behaviours toward each other. We tend to sulk and try to read each other's minds instead of talking to each other about the big stuff.

Dumb. Just like the beer and chips. Dumb. We can and will do better.

Dagmar
Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Although it is just one week before I leave for vacation, I have decided not to wait until after my vacation to get back into diet mode. Yesterday I stocked up on egg whites and this morning had a huge plate of scrambled egg whites for breakfast. I even managed to NOT put any cheese on them--just a little salsa. That will be my breakfast this week. I still have a little Greek yogurt and some blueberries that will give me one or two snacks this week. I also bought some apples (which I will eat SANS peanut butter--or I might mix up some PB2 to put on them). I have salad items on hand for dinners. I'll see what else I can do that will help jump start me into loss mode.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

My 2 week vacation has ended and so it is back to reality for me today!! We hosted a huge family reunion on Saturday and "Fat Jen" took the opportunity to suck down as many unhealthy things as possible. Including "double doozies" which I had never heard of before!

I feel lucky that I am up "only" .2 pounds over redline this morning.

I hit my goal weight of 119 on July 29, 2012, so my goal is to be less then that in 2 weeks for the anniversary.

I know a lot of people find the winter hard to keep the lbs off, but for me, summer is MUCH harder!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #189  

Has anyone ever seen these? Zaggora. Do you suppose they work?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #190  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

It seems that Zaggora breached the UK's advertising laws by overclaiming. The Advertising Standards Authority told them to go and get some proper evidence (http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudi...DJ_179699.aspx)

and they asked the Chelsea School of Sport, University of Brighton to test them. Granted I'm on the phone, but the first place I can see the results is here (http://makeupuniversity.blogspot.co....t-for.html?m=1). Makeup University?

So I really don't know. Would you like to be our guinea-pig, Allison??
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #191  
Workin' It

I looked them up after getting an ad for them Allison, and now I get google ads for them ALL THE TIME. LOL

And I'm greatly entertained by "Makeup University".

I suspect they will go the way of the Sketchers Shape Up.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 07-15-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #192  

I don't know. They're kind of cute. Maybe when I get back from vacation I'll order a pair.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #193  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Has anyone ever seen these? Zaggora. Do you suppose they work?
I don't think much of these Allison for weight loss (unless making me laugh really hard burned some extra cals ) but you're right - they are cute!

Dagmar
Old 07-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #194  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

It looks like they claim to retain heat and slightly increase core body temperature, contributing to increased calorie burn - is that right?

A researcher I know works in the field of heat extraction to increase aerobic and resistance exercise endurance. One bottom line of his research is that increased core body temperature, especially in a warm/hot environment, will substantially decrease aerobic endurance. So I wonder if wearing 'heat-trapping' clothing to exercise is a good idea??

Realistically though, it seems that the likely outcome will be that nothing changes - after all you're still just wearing clothes, not military armor.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeeJay View Post
It looks like they claim to retain heat and slightly increase core body temperature, contributing to increased calorie burn - is that right?

A researcher I know works in the field of heat extraction to increase aerobic and resistance exercise endurance. One bottom line of his research is that increased core body temperature, especially in a warm/hot environment, will substantially decrease aerobic endurance. So I wonder if wearing 'heat-trapping' clothing to exercise is a good idea??

Realistically though, it seems that the likely outcome will be that nothing changes - after all you're still just wearing clothes, not military armor.
Funny - I apparently give off a lot of body heat. DH likens sleeping with me to sleeping with a piglet - they too give off a lot of body heat. And someone who did Reikki (sp?) on me @ a "slow yoga" class had to take off her top shirt because I generated so much body heat at her.

It's sure not because I'm burning up fat.

Dagmar