No description available.

Happy Birthday, Megan!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #78  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday, Megan!

Did you spend it in the city? I'm standing at my patio door waving in your general direction.

Last edited by saef; 07-15-2011 at 04:34 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Megan
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #80  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy
Birthday
Megan

And many more after this one.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #81  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Hope you're having a great birthday, Megan!

And a happy weekend to you all!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #82  

DH comes home sometime today. Probably late late evening. While I'll be glad to see him I haven't missed him that much. Except at dinner time - dinner alone is kinda sad for me. I had so many of them over the years.

I was reading an article last night about how much noise "pollution" adversely affects us. I like to sit in silence (as silent as it gets in a city of 2 million +). DH can't understand that. It's been kinda nice these past 2 evenings.

I'm off for an early morning bike ride (after I finish the lawn watering) before it gets too hot and/or crowded.

Good Saturday all!

Dagmar
Old 07-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #83  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Ah, Saturday morning. I'm online waiting until 10, when tickets to a local music festival go on sale. Then I'm off to look at bridesmaids' dresses for an upcoming wedding. Why, oh why, are all dresses sleeveless? I'm not ashamed of my arms, but all this loose skin does NOT need to be put on display. :/ I will definitely be looking at wraps/boleros as well.

Dagmar - In my experience, silence is a discipline that needs to be cultivated. I hate to always blame things on our "modern lifestyle," but in this case I think there's something to it. It's really hard to become accustomed to silence when we never experience it. It can be intimidating or scary.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm a silence lover as well. DH? Not so much. As soon as he gets home he has to turn on the TV. While there are times when I feel it's a bit too quiet, it's rare. Right now, no music, no TV, just the sound of birds through the screen door, the water trickling down the spa and the intermittent noise from the fan of the evaporative cooler.

Just got back from a round of golf. It's quite rare that we have such cool weather in the middle of summer, so we decided to take advantage of it. 2 hours, 18 holes, sun and a little breeze. I got 5 pars and a birdie, too! (Beat DH by a par and a birdie!).

Now off to get cleaned up before we hit Petco (oh, my they're having a pet adoption), gas station, golf store, drop off clothes at a local charity and then hit the grocery store. This afternoon we'll go see Tree of Life.

Everyone have a great weekend!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #85  

Allison Chico needs a new friend. He told me telepathically - smart boy!

I can't even go and look at the cats at Pestmart any more - I then have to go out to the car and cry.

I'm taking a nap right after my boiled eggs are ready. Then I'm going to go over to my dad's and clean up some brush in the back of the garage. Tonite I'm going to go see "Super 8" at the local indie theatre - one of only 3 left in Toronto .

Good afternoon all! Stay cool!

Dagmar
Old 07-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Allison Chico needs a new friend. He told me telepathically - smart boy!
We always said we'd always have two dogs, but right now I'm leaning toward a new kitty. I doubt we'll get one, I'm sure DH will say no. But there's no harm in looking.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #87  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Neuro - have been away for work and my BlackBerry went on the blink. Here are some more French expressions. Cannot do accents on BB.

Steamed, not fried, please. A la vapeur, pas frit, s'il vous plait.

Dressing on the side, please. In the UK, we'd probably say "dressing separate, please". So you could try both. La sauce pour salade a cote, s'I'll vous plait. La sauce pour salade separee, s'I'll vous plait. And listen to hear what the correct phrase is, when they repeat your instruction to you.
Bon voyage! I'll PM this to you as well, as I think you are en route!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #88  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Megan - hope you're having a great birthday!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #89  
Chuggin' along...

Happy weekend all,

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I was actually a little sick for my birthday, but had a nice day. I picked up my mother's cold the day before I came home. But I still managed to go out with some friends to our favorite wood-fired pizza restaurant, shoot some pool, and fall asleep on my BF's shoulder on the way home. And I celebrated with my parents the day before I left with a steamed lobster dinner. Yum, yum! My trip was lots of fun. My niece is super cute and always steals the show, Chicago was wonderful, I also went into NYC to see a college friend for dinner, into DC to see another friend for drinks, and lest you think I drank and ate the whole trip, didn't turn down a chance to go hiking with my mom and her dog (who server as my substitute Emma for the trip, lol). Actually food-wise this trip was much better than most with my parents!

Still not unpacked, the house is still a mess... I spent most of yesterday sleeping, though, after taking Emma for a long walk. My cold feels a lot better, though! BF had planned to take me scalloping/snorkeling for my BF, but the weather hasn't been cooperating this weekend. I'm not sure if we'll get out today. It's been raining a lot - BF said he only had to water my garden twice due to all the rain, but my basil is alive and thriving! It shot up at least two inches while I was gone!

I'm hopelessly behind on the conversation this week. Maybe I'll catch up next week? Have a good weekend all!

Last edited by Megan1982; 07-17-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #90  

Default Harry Potter day!

My cousin's (now ex it think) wife and kids are sooo excited! My cousin is coming too so this should be interesting from my perspective.

I am just happy to be going out and socializing with people so I'm stoked too. The movie has gotten rave reviews so should be a treat for all.

It's incredibly hot here already so being in an A/C theatre in the dark will be nice too.

Good Sunday all!

Dagmar