Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Howdy,
I am on the home stretch and thought posting in here would help me keep up my motivation. I needed to adjust my calories downward with my lower weight. 1200 is my budget.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:58 AM   #17  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Lightbulb Visual satisfaction

My aim for today is to ensure all my three meals and two snacks are arranged nicely on a plate. And I'll eat them slowly and mindfully at the table.

Visual satisfaction encourages psychological satisfaction. Psychological satisfaction discourages seconds, off-plan nibbling and other undesirable behaviour.

That's the theory. And I want Real Life to be the same.

ETA: Can you tell I was up a lot in the night with a v sck DB9?

Last edited by silverbirch; 05-03-2010 at 05:02 AM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #18  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Why thank you ladies! I'm ready to get it over with... I'm tired of training. Midwife, has your daughter seen this video? 'Tis where I got my signature from... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eXqA...os=EB1h6p0Q4ao

I had to have a Come to Jesus talk with myself last night. Cupcakes, jelly beans and pecan pie are NOT the way to lose 10 lbs.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

I sooo want to join you and loose 10 lbs (min 5) by my birthday 15 July... i am really scared though... I am 'recovering' from binge eating and dont want to 'freak out' and start binging again... i also know that my body could be in the 150's based on all the data (i too am an engineer and love data! ) sooo... i am about 172-175 right now... i would like to be 167 or 'better' by 15 july but i am not sure how to do it? I already exercise 45+stretching every day, 7 days a week... so i guess it is down to food reduction?

i am just nervous about it and appreciate that this thread is here for encouragement!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Now that I've tackled a couple of my hurdles (restrict alcohol to weekends--1 beer at lunch and 1 wine or cocktail in the evenings, stop eating pistachios, get back to Cooking Light recipes, portion control) I think I'm on track to get this re-gained weight off.

I was at 138-140 about 4 years ago. I've steadily gained 5 pounds a year. I said to myself I'd NEVER EVER see 165 on the scale again and hoped to never see 160, yet it happened a couple of weeks ago. I'm at 158 after the weekend, and that's a good sign (it is usually 159.5). So I continue with my dedication to putting those hurdles behind me and lost a couple pounds a week until I'm back in the 140 area. I already feel better now that the weather is better. I can eat a cold breakfast and enjoy it (cold weather makes me want hot breakfasts with cheese--cheese will be an upcoming hurdle).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #21  
Lifelong Journey Member

Day 1 of eating completely on plan yesterday was a success. It's amazing to me how just that first day can cement the resolution. This morning I didn't even want my 2 allotted espresso beans. The day is young and I'll probably have them at some point but the victory here is that the 2 aren't used and I'm not diving into healthy calorie allotments for the "joy" of having more. Victory!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #22  
No description available.

FP, I bet she has seen it! She asked if your quote was from a movie, cause it seemed familiar, and the same person who put together that montage put together her #1 inspirational one that she's been watching over and over and over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dFgH...eature=related

She's also been playing the song from the video over and over and now I want to cry a little cause I'm going to miss her when she goes away to college in the fall---in CO, actually!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #23  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Day 1 - all good going into dinner, and dinner is planned nicely. Informed spousal unit that he is taking kidlet to voice lessons tonight, because I am in the pool. The lawn will have to wait for an off day.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #24  

yesterdays food rocked! i was OP all day. Today I am OP so far... my trainer put me through my paces last night too so feeling strong today. I am going to drop my calories by about 100 a day and see what happens. I know that is not a lot - I am recovering from binge eating so i dont want to trigger a binge so i have to go really slow. plus, if i stop 'finishing' off my kids plates that is probably another 100 or more there too ! ha ha ha... i am also going to avoid the scale until the end of may ... no more scale... if i believe i will get into the 160's, if i can visualize the end state, it will happen
Old 05-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #25  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I'm in on this

I've decided that my maintain range is going to be 131-136. Right now, I just want to drop the last few pounds to get to 136, but my goal for this summer is to maintain in my range. Of course, my goal for the rest of forever is to maintain in my range. But these first few months of easing into maintenance are going to be pretty important for me
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #26  
Lifelong Journey Member

Day 2 was totally on plan. Wow what a difference in my whole outlook with two days of clean eating. In my head, when I'm eating garbage, I know that I feel mentally and physically worse. But it's so hard to switch the junk calories for healthy ones when the junk ones taste so dandy. I think once the switch is made and I feel all over better, it's so much easier.

My workout this morning was great. Very motivated and not sluggish at all. Hmmm, I wonder if it has to do with paragraph 1.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 05-04-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #27  

so yesterday was OP and very confident... (tues are usually pretty hard for me for staying OP...)

today will be a 'cinch' for staying OP as my boys and I have a busy night tonight so no chance to overeat!

I did run the numbers though - there is pretty much NO WAY i can loose all the weight I want by my birthday as I cannot afford to cut 300 cal a day and not trigger a binge rebound. so... i am going to cut 150 a day and work towards 169 by my birthday (just squeek into the 160's )
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #28  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Lots of sensible behavior going on! I'm right in the groove too - the ticker is honest again and now I'm quite sure that 147 will be a good fit for a redline.

Went to Outback last night with DS10 on the way to piano. I had an AMAZING meal - it was two 1/2" thick slices of medium very-rare filet with an incredible wild mushroom sauce. It was DIVINE! I know by mouthfeel this was made with butter and heavy cream - hardly diet food, but the portion was small and I was so happy. And the scale was .5 down this morning, making my ticker honest again. Good thing I thrive on high-fat ...

Still swimming - only 2 1/2 weeks to Atlanta! I'll be on the high-intensity stuff til the end of next week, and then coast/recover for the final week. I'm especially geeked about spending 3 days with my GF!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #29  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
FP, I bet she has seen it! She asked if your quote was from a movie, cause it seemed familiar, and the same person who put together that montage put together her #1 inspirational one that she's been watching over and over and over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dFgH...eature=related

She's also been playing the song from the video over and over and now I want to cry a little cause I'm going to miss her when she goes away to college in the fall---in CO, actually!
Great video! Thanks for sharing it... I hadn't seen that one. Where in CO does your DD go to school?

I have been on track this week and 3/10 lbs are gone (whew... got off that pecan pie gain). May is typically tough for me... lots of birthdays, holidays, graduation parties, etc. to navigate. Starting this weekend with Mother's Day!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #30  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Still on track, and scale is responding. Put in a very hard mile and a half in the pool last night - quite a lot of butterfly, plus a hard kick set with fins. I can still feel it - no pain, just kind of numb.