Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-12-2009, 02:19 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I also like Trader joe's greek yogurt. Usually I put a little bit of agave in it - same idea as honey.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:27 AM   #62  
Meg

Ouch, Prinny, that's a shame! Is there anything you can do that helps?

I'm back from our New Mexico trip and the first weigh-in showed a gain of 2.8 pounds. I lost one of those overnight and am hoping the rest is water and comes off as fast. It doesn't seem like real weight because all my pants fit the same as before I left.

I have to work today, then DH and I are going to a wedding. Guess I'll tackle all the unpacking and dirty laundry tomorrow!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:06 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default What a mess!

We are replacing a floor in what is our combined living/dining room. Since the house is so small we have stuff crammed into all the other rooms, including the kitchen.

So we had take out pizza and beer and cookies for dinner last night. Any excuse - sigh.

Once this project is done there will be no other huge things until Christmas (we are hiding out at Thanksgiving).

I am going to sit DH down and have a talk with him about how we have to take control of our eating/drinking habits on the weekends. That is the time we undo all of our good healthy efforts of the previous week.

And then I will do whatever it takes to get to goal. I have taken the first step and booked an appointment for hypnosis in October. I have also bought a new notebook and will start writing down every single thing that I eat.

It's time to stop playing around with these last 5-10 lbs.

Have a great Saturday all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #64  
Workin' It

Michele - I don't do well with plain yogurts of any kind, either regular or Greek, so I get the vanilla flavored. I like the Trader Joe's brand a lot, like Allison I find the Fage a little bitter. The Oikos isn't bad, and I just recently tried Chobani that I found at Publix - it was really good and very smooth. I've been thinking about trying the plain again with the sugar free coffee syrups, but have been afraid to commit to it. My last plain yogurt with flavoring experiment was terrible...

Dagmar - sorry about the stress with DH. It is hard to take care of yourself when things around you are in upheaval.

Prinny - ouch on the carpal tunnel! My cousin just had to have surgery for hers, hope yours isn't that bad!

I feel somewhat better today, but still can't stop coughing every time I inhale deeply. Got cough syrup, a steroid shot and an 'optional' antibiotic at the doctor yesterday. One of those antihistamine cough syrups with codeine, that I expected to help me sleep last night but ended up keeping me awake. I dozed in about five ten-twenty minute spurts from 11-4, about 45 minutes from 4-7, then pretty solid from 7-9:30 when the hammering behind me broke through again. So what, about 4.5 hours last night? Not a wonder that I feel like someone has rolled over my head with a car today... Was going to try to clean up the floors or exercise while DH hangs with a buddy this afternoon, but the whole coughing with deep breaths thing isn't working for that. I'm thinking rest instead... We had DSS last night, mommy picked him up at 11, he comes back here tomorrow at 2, so rest now would be good....

I'm tired of sicknes... First DH's cold, then his back, then DSS has a fever, now I have a cold... I want the house to be healthy...

Good weekend everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Dagmar, just a suggestion, take charge of your own weight loss and let DH take care of his own.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Shannon-- sorry you aren't feeling well! There is nothing worse than not feeling well and getting a poor night's sleep. I hope you can get some rest and recuperate soon!

Great weigh in for my this morning! Lowest weight ever at my WW meeting! Not quite sure what I did differently if anything but I worked really hard this week...... I was up .6 last week at my weigh in and down 2.2 today. Still find this maintaining bit tricky!! Now not to sabotage my loss by splurging on the weekend...
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Dagmar, just a suggestion, take charge of your own weight loss and let DH take care of his own.
I did do that and lost 17 lbs. I'm just sabotaging myself for the last 5 lbs. so I can use that as an excuse for other things lacking in my life.

As for DH I'm afraid for him now. His father is well over 400 lbs., has had one hip replaced already (he's 68), and can barely move. I can see that DH is on his way there.

DH wants me to drag him (kicking and screaming) into diet and exercise mode and wants me to initially be responsible for him. He will take over eventually once he feels the benefits outweigh the denial of what he still sees as pleasures.

He is taking small steps but the motivational coach role falls to me. I'm not good at that with humans (do a bang up job with dogs) so I'm seeing it as a learning experience.

It's stressful but the alternative is to watch DH become morbidly obese, probably disabled. He's my only real face-to-face friend so helping him helps me too.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Dagmar, I understand. I really do. My son was 450 pounds,I was not successful at motivating him. What turned him around was being diagnosed as diabetic. I didn't handle that news well as it scared me. I begged him to take care of himself and he promised me he would. Well. he has done that , in spades. He has lost well over 200 pounds and his doctor has taken him off his diabetes medication. I believe it is really difficult to motivate someone else, no matter how much they need it.I think that if you continue to lose weight to improve your health, and only prepare meals that are healthy and continue to set a good example is probably going a long way to motivate him . However , we can't motivate someone who doesn't want to be motivated.

Last edited by bargoo; 09-13-2009 at 03:50 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #69  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

I am so far behind, I don't think I will ever catch up with these posts...hope everyone is well. TOM is visiting me this week and for the first time that I can remember, I couldn't fall asleep last night...so I when I finally did past midnight, I knew I couldn't get up to go to the gym. But I did go after work....still tired though.

Hope EVERYBODY is doing well.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote