Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I just had a big, cold, interesting salad for lunch. There are some real perks to vacationing at home. I'm starting to like this. So much easier to stay OP becasue I don't have to prepare/eat the same things every day for lunch.

And now I'm going to watch the Dog Whisperer. TV during the day - I feel sooo decadent.

Have a good hump day everyone!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #32  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Megan~are you hypoglycemic? Your hitting the bottom and being kind of "ditsy" (the best way I can explain how you were acting, lol--not saying you ARE ditsy!) sounds like hypoglycemia. My friend who I went to Italy with seems to have those symptoms (she gets dizzy and can't read if she's too hungry). If that is the case you might want to keep a little more on hand than just pumpkin seeds for future events!
I've never been officially diagnosed/tested, but my Mom would love to tell you about how as a kid I'd get cranky if I didn't eat for too long. I used to bring a protein muffin or bar most days to the gym to eat between the gym and dinner, but sort of realized that I was eating it just to eat it sometimes even if my workout didn't end up being that intense. I sort of got out of the habit this summer b/c I've been slacking a bit and doing shorter workouts, less weightlifting, etc. (no good excuse, just using the heat as an excuse to slack off!). I definitely need to remind myself to be more prepared and in addition to start bringing snacks again need to replenish my car stash of pb crackers and granola bars (things I can keep in the car that won't melt/won't go back even if they're there for months). I'm not going to run to the doctor but need to remind myself to be prepared since it has happened in the past. It's been a while and the suddenness/intensity of this time took me by surprise!

Dagmar, glad you're enjoying your staycation. It sounds very nice and relaxing!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #33  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I have had this happen to me a few times after a workout, such as step class. I also had it happen once when I was expecting lunch at a certain time (and didn't have any snacks with me), and then lunch was delayed for over an hour. Your metabolism has just gotten faster than it used to be! I started carrying the small boxes of raisins as a "just in case" food.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
sort of realized that I was eating it just to eat it sometimes even if my workout didn't end up being that intense
Megan~I can totally relate to eating something just because you have it on hand!!! It can be so annoying! I used to bring my lunch every day and eat it all each day, but now I bring a week's worth of food for DH and myself (with a few snacks mixed in) and store it all in the fridge. Because it is generally larger amounts of food, I don't have the hangup about eating everything I brought for the day! And I certainly don't mind leaving something in the fridge over the weekend! It's more like having a fridge full at home--I eat what I've planned and that's it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #35  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I hit my goal today so I am now officially maintaining here on out! I have a go wear fit which is even more helpful now because I can decide how much to eat based on how busy I have been that day. I know it's not 100% accurate but so far it's been close enough to help me get here.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:03 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Prinny!
Woo hoo and congratulations!!! I am in the East Bay so you may not be too far from me....

I want to know if I am the only total klutz at the gym (or elsewhere). I did a class tonight that I don't usually do but it worked timewise as I had back to school night. It is a weights/ step class and it is hard! I was behind a big pole and having trouble seeing the instructor (notice I'm building up my excuses!) and I totally fell off the step. Luckily I didn't fall totally down but I kind of went flying and looked completely ungraceful! I have never liked the step so I only put it up with one riser (I don't know how people do three!). Am I the only one? Has anyone else done klutzy stuff at the gym? Even when I take spin, I'm afraid I'm going to fall off the bike! Hasn't happened to me yet but I'm waiting for it....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Michele, I've seen that happen to a few women in step classes, so don't feel too bad! Also don't worry about using just one riser - it's much easier on your knees and still great exercise =)

Welcome, Prinny!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:26 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

prinny on reaching your goal weight!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #39  
No description available.

Congrats, Prinny!

Have I ever been a klutz at the gym? Is rain wet??? I have ZERO pride at the gym. I'm glad to just do my best and get a good workout. I've fallen off things and gotten stuck in things and required rescue by my trainer several times.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #40  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

complete and total klutz here!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #41  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

prinny!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 09-10-2009 at 10:17 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #42  
Meg

Congratulations, Prinny, and welcome to the world of maintenance. It's a wonderful place to be.

And I most definitely am a gym klutz! I once walked into the end of an Olympic bar on a squat rack and had a perfectly circular bruise right in the center of my forehead for a week. Mel has dropped a 45# plate on her foot, I know, and we've both fallen off enough balls and equipment to embarrass anyone. I remember the day that the personal trainers at Ballys were bored and were all trying to stand on an exercise ball. I can kneel on one and balance, but stand?

Bottom line: most of us are klutzes when we try something new, but that's all part of the fun.

I'm in the Albuquerque airport, waiting to fly back to Pittsburgh. The week went way too fast and I'm sad at leaving DD. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and hope the news isn't too bad. My jeans still feel about the same.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #43  
Workin' It

Prinny! Congrats and welcome!

Total gym klutz here as well. When I was a member at Bally's I got run off the back of a treadmill the first time I tried one, knocked over a cross country ski machine (and believe me, don't know how, couldn't reproduce it if I tried) and tripped over a barbell sitting in the middle of the floor. During a yoga class I was taking, where I was madly in lust with the instructor, I tangled my legs up and fell, knocking down two other students as I went. Now I exercise in my garage where no one can see the stupid things I do.

Home sick today. Can't stop coughing and my head feels like it is full of cotton balls. Ick. I feel like the coughing must be some kind of ab workout, as much as it is making my muscles ache. They are hammering on the house under construction behind me, so not much napping on tap for me today unless I figure out how to sleep through it. I really want them to finish the houses, but I'm already tired of the noise. And, I'm probably in for two more years of it...

I'm going to go forage for something to eat - hungry...

Good day everyone.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I dropped my towel on the treadmill and stupidly tried to retrieve it. Once at home on the treadmill I took my glasses off to clean the sweat off them and they hit the treadmill and went flying--I almost went flying after them until my emergency cord stopped the treadmill. Sometimes your mind just turns off while at the gym!

Welcome Prinny! Welcome to the club!

Shannon~I hope you feel better.

So it's 8 am and I'm eating popcorn. Why? Well, I had a slice of melon this morning, then an egg, but I really wanted cereal. A check of the pantry netted cocoa puffs and Reeses' puffs. DS's cereals of choice. Yuck. I was looking for something along the lines of rice chex. So I came into work and settled for organic, non buttered, lightly salted popcorn. Its dry and bland and I doubt I'll eat it all. What was I thinking?
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #45  
Chuggin' along...

Ha! I can't tell you how many times I've sat down on the treadmill to tighten my laces or something, gotten up and banged my head on the armrails. How about my graceful whale-flop-belly-roll-type dismount from the yoga ball after I finish my set of jackknifes. It's occasionally embarrassing but sometimes I figure oh well, at least I'm doing it, and whoever sees me is standing there watching and not doing it!

BF and I leave first thing tomorrow for a quick trip to his family's, returning Saturday PM. I'm hoping to sneak some exercise in one of those days, and avoid the bday cake and booze at all costs. Must stay OP! Must make smart food choices! I'm packing our lunches for both days, since we'll be in the car, and healthy car snacks. I'm a bit nervous b/c usually I get along w/ his family, but not so much that I feel totally accepted into the family. During our little, uh, hiccup last month I don't know exactly what he told his sis, but I know that she told him to break up w/ me, and this will be the first time I've seen them since then. Yeah... hoping that's not going to be awkward. (Did I mention I'm not going to stress eat? I will not stress eat. I will not stress eat...)

Allison, can you stop at the store and get some cereal that will really satisfy you?

Shannon, I hope you feel better soon. All that hammering would drive me crazy if I wanted to sleep.

Meg, I hope you get home safely. Experience tells me our Bionic Woman will not have much vacation weight to deal with.

Welcome, Prinny! Congrats on reaching maintenance!

Jay, well, it would be nice if my metabolism is faster! I was thinking about it some more and I'm definitely carrying more muscle now than a few years ago.

What's everyone doing this weekend? Have a good one all!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote