Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #91  
one bite at a time

S/C/G: 180/134/123

Height: 5' 3.75"

Bend is about 2.5 hours east of Cottage Grove, which is a tiny town south of Eugene where we are headed. We'll be going straight south down I-5 - about 4.5 to 5 hours from our house.

We're going to my in-laws for Easter and, unless we break down in the middle of no-where, we'll park in the area behind her house. Not really roughing it, but a good "first trip" to test out the appliances and make sure everything is working right.

Bend is beautiful though, we'll have to check out Crown Villa RV resort another time!
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #92  
Working My Way Back Down

SHanna - no elk in Alaska, so must have been moose! And I agree, Bend is lovely. My BF moved to that area of OR 5 years ago, and I've been to visit her at least once a year. She lives in Crooked River Ranch which is near Terrebonne, but works in Bend. Have fun in your RV.

Somehow it got to be after 5, so I guess I'll go see if DH made it home. He went with a group about 2 hours north to watch raptors (hawks, eagles, etc) migrate through a narrow pass that's next to the highway - thus making the birds more visible. However, being that it's further north, and a pass, it's bound to be cold and WINDY there! Hope he dressed warmly
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #93  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! I was just reading that there are some elk herds in Alaska--but not on the mainland. Just on a few islands. Lots of caribou, though.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Darn it, that slight overdose of sugar this morning turned in to quite a binge.

Back on track tomorrow... yeesh!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Pat and Allison I love both your yards! So spacious and with so much connection to nature.

DH says if I had moose visiting our yard (no chance there - it's a concrete patio with a strip of grass surrounded by garages) I would probably start leaving food out for them and trying to get them to come inside.

Lily 5 dogs! I'm jealous that you are able to have so many pets but that's such a lot of work for you too. And beagles tend to bay at everything - noisy!!

Jessica and Iris Cute dogs! Mutts rule!

Allison A caption for your "crazy lady" pic - "ARRRGH I'm being sucked into the food processor"

To start off the Easter weekend I "hid" 3 small chocolate bunnies for DH last night. He got home really late and was super cranky so the bunny hunt made him smile!

I'm off to weight train and then I'm prepping a Moroccan lamb stew that we will eat with green salad for dinner. I seldom have time to cook "real" food so this will be fun!

Have a great Friday all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #96  
Workin' It

Good morning everyone!

Jessica - your puppy is so cute in that jacket!

Megan - My house is always the dumping ground for DH's ex wife ad her baking... She is an excellent baker and is always makings stuff for people, or for her own dinner parties, and can't handle having the leftovers in the house. So we end up with cookies, cakes, brownies, pies, all kinds of stuff. I try my best to throw it all away right away...

Pat - I used to work up in the mountains and my employees would bring in pics of bears in their yards. I think I would have a heart attack if there were bear or moose in my yard... And, your yard is gorgeous!

Shanna - I had to do the same thing with the evening snack for a while. I knew i was going to have something bad, so i put it in my plan in the AM to see what I had to do to survive it... I've gotten better the last week about putting in not so bad for me evening snacks... Enjoy your trip!

Iris - good luck getting back on track today!

Dagmar - the bunny hunt sounds like fun! Has DH taken his test yet?

Allison - I was watching a HGTV show last night that was in SoCal and the backyard looked a lot like yours with the fire pits and flowers and such. I'm obviously living in the wrong part of the country, or just not maximizing what I have! I have a partially completed house to one side of me and a concrete pad to the other, neither yard has sod down yet... Until they get finished I can't put up a fence, and I don't really feel like putting much effort in back there because we get so many weeds blown over from the other yards... I have to figure out how to work around my excuses, I've been there 1.5 years now!

I'm out in the restaurants today training on the new I-9 form and there are supposed to be tornado warnings and thunderstorms all afternoon. Could make for a fun day. I'll probably try to knock off early and exercise or something during the storms... Being in my garage is safe in a severe thunderstorm, right?

Stayed OP yesterday - upped my plan for dinner and ate a little more because I was starving after the 5.5 mile run, and didn't want to set myself up to be starting all say today.

Good holiday weekend everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Shanna~I hope you don't have any issues with your RV. I assume it is new--and often there are a lot of bugs and kinks to work out. Just learning how everything works is a chore! We've had our RV for 8 years now so it's old hat to us!

Dagmar~food processor! Too funny!

Shannon~I am thankful every day for what we have in that house. We spent 11 years in our old house--dreaming of the day we'd be able to build just what we wanted. Now the problem is that the kids are getting older and moving out and soon the house will be too big for us (4 bed, 4 bath) and we're wondering what we'll do next. Seriously, I don't want to move, but it doesn't make sense to keep such a big place. But I love my neighborhood so much! I have 5 years to decide for sure, so perhaps by then my mind will be made up.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #98  

I saw this on Neatorama this morning and thought of you, Megan:

Bra Sizes increasing
Old 04-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #99  
Working My Way Back Down

JayEll, you are right! There are elk on an island off of Kodiak. I found this on the Alaska Fish & Game website ---

Roosevelt elk (Cervus canadensis roosevelti) herds present in Alaska originated from a transplant of eight calves captured on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State in 1928 and moved to Afognak Island in 1929.

Elk are found on Afognak and Raspberry islands near Kodiak. Elk were transplanted to Etolin Island near Petersburg in 1986. Previous transplants to Southeast Alaska were unsuccessful.

And yes, lots and lots of caribou, mostly much further north from us. We do have some bears in our area since we pretty rural. I've never seen one in my yard though - and would prefer not to!! Moose are usually not aggressive (except moms with new babies) so it's more a matter of not startling them, but bears are a whole 'nother story.

Good Friday is not a holiday here, so I'm working, with a whole list of stuff to get done..... which I'd better get to, it being after 8 am.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Wink My little girls . . .

. . . and I are to admit that I've never been larger than a 36B or C. Never wanted to be either. And my bra size is consistently sold out at most stores so I think I must be close to the North American average size.

Dagmar (flat is fine )
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #101  
Workin' It

I figured I would share a picture of my house - can't find one of the but I think the front is pretty!

Looking for this picture made me realize that several years worth of photos are missing from my computer... I bet they are still on the laptop we set up for my stepson. I need to get those off of there...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #102  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I saw this on Neatorama this morning and thought of you, Megan:

Bra Sizes increasing
Lol, thanks Allison. I would agree with the theory posted in here that with increasing weights and corresponding body fats throughout our country, bra sizes would go up too. I just don't want that to be the reason my chest is getting bigger! I'm 26, isn't my body supposed to be the same for a decade or two here?

I was out doing field work all day and just popping in to say have a great weekend, everyone! Tonight is BF's birthday and I'm making him a steak dinner (his request). As for the rest of the weekend, if the weather is nice I'm going to try to talk BF into taking me fishing - the pompano are running! I'm not sure what else but I'll find ways to fill my time and enjoy the sun.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat View Post
My BF moved to that area of OR 5 years ago. . .
I read that as "boyfriend" until I got to the "she" part. For a moment, I wondered how long your DH had been out of town!

We're taking my DGD to church with us on Sunday so she can "participate" in the Easter egg hunt. The religious education director is going to find her a buddy to actually hunt the eggs (my DGD doesn't walk), which I thought was really sweet. DGD loves other kids and doesn't have much of a chance to interact with them so this should be fun for her.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982 View Post
Lol, thanks Allison. I would agree with the theory posted in here that with increasing weights and corresponding body fats throughout our country, bra sizes would go up too. I just don't want that to be the reason my chest is getting bigger! I'm 26, isn't my body supposed to be the same for a decade or two here?
But in the end it states that more women are getting properly fitted and that's why the larger sizes.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I figured I would share a picture of my house - can't find one of the but I think the front is pretty!

Looking for this picture made me realize that several years worth of photos are missing from my computer... I bet they are still on the laptop we set up for my stepson. I need to get those off of there...
That is a nice house, Shannon!