S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

GORGEOUS JESSICA ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #47  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Mazel tov Jessica!!!! You look exquisite!!! That dress is beautiful and you looked beautiful in it. Though it did sound a bit menancing. Hubby's pretty cute too.

I like how you skimmed right over the fact that you missed a flight, which is good, means you didn't let it get to you too much. Your trip sounds really, really wonderful. 3 lbs is nothing, nothing. I hope to come back from vacation after vacation having only gained 3 lbs. That's pretty amazing.

Congratulations and may the 2 of you have a wonderful, long and joyous life together.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #48  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Great pics, Jessica. What a beautiful bride you are/were! Sounds like the honeymoon was fun, too, and worth every pound. (Not that three is much -- that could even just be water retention from the airplane ride!)

I'm having a yucky, blechy day. Too many meetings and deadlines, too much stress. I was under the gun all day yesterday, and showed it by eating WAY too much trail mix and too many gingersnaps, both brought in to the office by some well-meaning colleague.

Today I've barely eaten at all: an apple, about an ounce of sliced turkey deli meat, and three cups of coffee. No, I'm not trying to make up for yesterday, I've just been too dang busy to eat. Seriously, this is the first time I've been able to take a breather since I got up at 5:30 am. How's a girl to survive >24 hours without 3FC maintainers?

I'm off to go home, then roust up some dinner. It's days like this that I'm glad I don't keep junk food in the house!

Kim

Last edited by kaw; 10-24-2007 at 05:50 PM.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

KIM I know tomorrow will be better....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #50  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw View Post

It's days like this that I'm glad I don't keep junk food in the house!
Amen to that!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Jessica, you're such a beautiful bride! And Robin's right -- the hubby's cute too!

Just checking in...got completely drenched at a cross country meet, then we went to KFC of all places and ate some greasy fried stuff. It was disgusting, so I only ate a few bites, but I still feel yucky! They didn't even have a grilled chicken option or a salad or anything, and I was starving so I did the "few bites of nastiness" option.

It's still raining heavily, which we really need of course, as everyone does.

I'm starting to get nervous about my 5k Saturday!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:57 AM   #52  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Jessica, Congrat's on getting married. You looked so beautiful (and the other girls are right, hubby is definitely cute). It sounds like you had a great honeymoon and thanks for sharing with us. Love the pic's.

Gary, I'm glad you posted and glad you and your family are staying safe from the fires.

I took my car to the repair shop this morning. Damage estimate is $2600 which includes new hood, new grille , new front bumper and new brakes. Truthfully, I expected the cost to be much higher. Thank goodness for full-coverage insurance.

DH is home for the week. Looking really forward to the halloween party this weekend. We picked out his bright pink Pimp costume at the local Goodwill. LOL. So, Friday we're off in search of some cheap bling for us to wear with our outfits.

My eating wasn't perfect tonite, but I didn't just say to heck with it. I did hop on treadmill for 1.5 miles and then thought "i'm being lazy" so jumped back on and did another mile. I also chugged down my water tonite.

Pat, sorry to hear about your DH's shingles. I have had them before and it is very painful.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:39 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations Jessica. Lovely, lovely, lovely!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:51 AM   #54  
Meg

Welcome back, Jessica! You looked absolutely beautiful and so radiant on your wedding day! DD and I have looked at a lot of wedding dresses and yours is simply gorgeous. Congrats on only gaining three pounds - that will be gone in no time at all (just ask Lisa ).
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #55  
Mel

Mazel Tov, Jessica! You are a beautiful bride! I wish you many happey years!

Cold, dark, rainy...I want soup!

I'm seeing deer all over the place now

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 AM   #56  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone! LOL, I passed along to DH (haha, I can use that term now) that you all thought he was cute. I just got a couple "sneak-preview" pics from my professional photographer, if you are interested they're here. She prepared them mostly as promotional material for our florist, baker, and wedding coordinators, that's why there are only a couple pictures of us.

Robin - the missed flight was pretty upsetting at first (I did cry at the airport), but by the time we actually got to San Fransisco we were so exhausted we were glad we didn't have to fly anymore, and we did have a great time wandering around SF all day!

Kim - I hope today is going better than yesterday!

Lisa - good luck with the 5k! I'm sure you'll do great!

Mel - I hear you on the soup, I am having soup for lunch today and making more for dinner!

I just saw this new smiley so I had to put it in for good measure: Anyone have plans for avoiding the Halloween candy? I wouldn't be so worried about the 3lb gain except that Halloween is coming up, followed quickly by Thanksgiving and Christmas, which is when I usually gain the most weight!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #57  
Meg

Jessica, I LOVE your flowers! DD is getting married next month and using fall colors too. Yours are magnificent!

And the cake .... To die for.

But -- did I miss something about farm animals??
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Jessica, those flowers and that cake are just beautiful! What a lovely wedding! I should've been married in the fall -- it's my favorite season. We got married on a hot July day -- but it was 14 years ago, so I don't remember much.

Lily, I love the pimp costume idea. My husband and I have considered dressing up as a pimp and a ho, but he would be the ho and I would be the pimp.

I have to share a great NSV -- a compliment one. A coworker saw me this morning and said, "Well, you're just turning into a skinny model, aren't you?" I laughed that off and said thank you, and she said "I bet you spent years hating people who look like you look now." I said, "I don't think of myself as looking like that, though," and she said, "Then your body image is in the past. You need to look in a mirror."

I liked that! It's true, though -- I guess I'll never see myself the way I really look, because I was heavy for so long. But when I was heavy, I didn't see myself as THAT big until I saw pictures. It's sad that we often can't see ourselves as we are, and accept it and move on from there, whether we're making improvements or maintaining.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #59  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Meg - I got married at a dairy farm! That's why there are farm animals. It was the only place we could find in Indy that had a scenic backdrop without (a) being over an hour away from the city, (b) having no toilets but porta-potties, and/or (c) having 5 weddings at once.

Lisa - Congrats on the NSV! Of course, now you'll be in for all the other people saying "You're getting to skinny," "Eat a few cookies, it won't hurt you," and "Why do YOU need to watch what you eat? You're skinny!" (actually, the first time I heard that last one, I took it as a compliment!)
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #60  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Jessica -- Belated congratulations! You look gorgeous, and that looks like it was a dream wedding/honeymoon.

Lisa -- Isn't it aggravating sometimes! The other day, I ordered a T-shirt online, and I was about to check out when I remembered just in time that, duh, it's a M size that I need, not a XL+ or more. Sometimes, 'fat girl thinking' can be hard to get rid of!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote