Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #106  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

LISA ~ Congratulations!

A trophy for you ~

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-02-2008 at 05:51 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:30 PM   #107  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Not much going on here. Had dinner last night with my daughter, son and daughter in law. My daughter took the new pictures of Angie and I that I posted in mini-goals....looking thinner I had pasta and talapia, no bread....maybe...OK for sure...2 beers over my limit. Dang!

We were able to take the dogs for 2 miles today, still a little smokey so no trip to Starbucks. I finished with 2.5 treadmill miles.

ALLISON ~Great news on Redlands interest...close to home and a very nice school! Sorry about your husbands knee! I have a lot easier time "completing" my training if I do my walks and forget all about any running!...I am just getting too old for running.

SHANE ~OK kiddo...I am thinking SHAIDYN!Love the new avatar....obvious a Republican look

MEL ~Awesome being close to #6!

MEG ~We (us men) will take you being cold over hot flashes too!

KERY ~I am get cold easy too....but the older I get the more I hate to be too hot! Warm up kiddo!

CAROLYN ~I hope your husband gets the help he needs tomorrow! Enjoy the party!

LILY ~we are going to a halloween party too...across the street...no dressing up for me. Have a great time at yours! Prayers for your sister.

BAFFLED ~ You can pull it together! We are here for you.

JAY ~Good luck in your new journey of losing!

SWEET AMOR ~I hope you had a great sleepover...sounds like fun.

PAT ~I hope your DH is better.

SUSAN ~Any Barry Gibb music today?

JESSICA ~Enjoy your new life.

MEGAN ~I hope you get that oven fixed, now that you are all dressed up!

ROBIN ~Enjoy the week-end at college with your daughter...I remember those trips!

JOY of 6Well lets see...if you carried around an 11 pound bowling ball all day we would consider it "lifting"

Off to the party.... I will just hit/eat/drink and run this one
Old 10-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

No Gary, none today. Hmmm ... maybe that's why life's been so blah lately.

So the scoop on DH is that he did indeed bring his cholesterol numbers down some. However ... not enough. Everybody concerned thinks he needs to be on a low dose of Lipitor. And he's OK with that. He did a good job but sometimes your genes are against ya.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #109  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hey my dear SUSAN~ I have lived on a low dose of Lipitor for 5 years now...my ability to annoy people has been unchanged.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #110  

Hi Susan,

XH was on lipitor for a while, and I actually like dhim better on it. He was less agressive, also a less agressive driver.

Not much news from my neck of the woods: the kids had autumn break and I foolishly thought I'd put my regular working hours all in the fisrst half of the week so I could have the rest of the week off. Bad idea. I got a bad cold the moment I was finished for the week and have been nursing it since. Also this means no exercise at all for the entire week, except for 1 hour power on monday. Funny thing though is that the scale dropped ???

I 'll start exercising again tomorrow.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I am MAD at myself!

Yesterday, I ate approximately 500 extra calories. The girlfriend and I went to Outback and ordered the Bloomin' Onion as an appetizer, which was a HUGE (but TASTY) mistake! I tried to make sensible choices and got grilled shrimp with wild rice and pineapple, but too much damage was already done with the onion. THEN, we got the Sydney Sinful Sundae. I walked out feeling extremely stuffed but still ended up BINGING later... on dried fruit! It was pure, organic, no sugar added, natural dried fruit, but that doesn't mean I can't binge on it! *I* can binge on ANYTHING!

I keep telling myself that I can't do things like this if I want to keep my weight off and lose those last few pounds. In order to meet my goal and (most importantly) get that hot, ripped stomach that I want so badly, I will have to eat the right foods for it! I feel SO unmotivated these days, because the scale never seems to budge no matter what I do! For two days, I ate next to nothing, took multivitamins, and worked out vigorously, and I STILL weighed the same! I think this 140-ish range is my body's happy comfort zone.

My exercise has been on plan, though, but I love to exercise. Exercising was never my issue; the dieting part has always been my biggest struggle.

Republican look, huh Gary? me? Republican? *furrows brow* I was going more for old movie look... I like the name Shaidyn though... it's original! Maybe it's a future child's name...
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone,
I haven't responded for a while but I have been trying to keep up with what's going on with everyone. My husband and I are starting a new business (a gym) and we are so busy right now, on top of our regular jobs. Agh. Anyway, I love seeing your pics, Gary and Shane. You both look so slim and trim. Shane, I feel like I am where you are at right now with trying to lose those last few pounds. I can get down to 137-8 but then the scale pops right back up if I eat a little too much for 1-2 days. It's so frustrating! I'd love to be 135 but I don't know if it is realistic or maintainable. I'm also doing a lot of resistance training so i think that is making it harder to lose. Plus I get so darn HUNGRY.

I am cold like everyone else. I used to think it was because I am missing my "fat blanket" (love that expression!) but now I'm wondering if it has more to do with caloric intake. I'm not as cold when I'm not trying to lose plus if I go overboard and eat too many carbs, I stop being cold and actually get HOT. Oh, and may be over analyzing this but doesn't fat have nerves like other cells so wouldn't fat get cold too?

Glad you weren't hurt in your deer accident, Lily, and I hope everyone stays save. Gary, I'm glad the fires are calming down a bit and you are able to get outside more. We are in a bit of a depression in Colo right now because our poor Rockies are getting stomped. Maybe they will rally tonight but Boston is so incredibly hot right now.

Baff: I'm glad your doctor is so great. Good luck with your tests, and with the eating. I know what you mean about feeling chaotic and unstructured. I am like that right now too.

Take care and have a good weekend!

Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Lisa~congrats on the time for your 5k! That's terrific. And for feeling low afterward. I like the trophy Gary got for you!

Lily~you'll have to post some photos in your hooker outfit!

Baffled~nice ear drums? That's a new one!! LOL But the skinny comment was great. I hope the tests reveal your problem

Kery~my DD has a friend named Isabella--very cute.

Everyone else~Hi! I don't have a lot of time today, and by the looks of it, next week will be very hectic. We went to the first of 3 parades that DD will be in (golf cart parade today, homecoming Wednesday and the gay pride parade next Sunday). The homecoming game is Friday, the Halloween concert is tomorrow and then she and I have the Mother/Daughter tea Sunday afternoon (my photo below was at last year's tea--I've gained 4 pounds since that photo). All this plus Karate, too! Also, my office assistant is off this week as her sister is visiting from Sweden. I may be too busy to post.

Take care and have a great week.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

MileHiMama, I think we are twins! You are around my height and around my weight, you also do resistance training, you gain 1-2 pounds any time you slip up, AND you get SO HUNGRY all the time, too! I've noticed that I get even HUNGRIER now that I'm slim(ish). I reaaalllllllyyyy want to be 135, then 125 if possible since that was my weight before gaining, but I feel like I really, really need to get my *** together and sometimes, for whatever reason, just can't! And you're calling ME slim? I've always thought YOU were the slim one here

Kery, Isabella is a pretty name! Very... Victorian.

Ali, I've always meant to say that you look fabulous and very pretty in your sig photo. I'm sure those four pounds are not noticeable at all, btw...
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the congrats about my race and especially for the trophy, Gary!!! Heehee! So cute!

Allison, I really only felt low for a minute because I wanted a trophy! The crying was mostly joyful crying because of hitting another goal. And I celebrated by drinking champagne later!

I ran 8 miles on sore legs earlier today, and I actually wanted to run longer but didn't have time because I had to go celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. Then I did some grocery shopping, some essay grading, and some dishes. Whoop-de-doo! I've eaten too much today, though...eek! I really do have to get back on track instead of gaining and losing the same two or three pounds every couple of days.

Hope everyone's weekend has been great!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:10 PM   #116  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi all - Just a short catch-up while I pay some bills. And keep up with my Red Sox on the mlb website. It may really be over today! 4 more innings to go - I may have to move to the TV!

DH is feeling better, though he doesn't look any better - all the blisters are scabbing over, and the ones behind his ears where his glasses rub are really bothering him. Overall though I'd say he's over the hump. Headache is milder but he still has a stiff neck - and it must really be as he's avoiding driving!

LisaMarie - Congrats on your 5K! It really is exciting to meet a new goal, isn't it?

I'm always cold too. Right now I have the heat turned up, plus wool clogs, and a fleece sweater over my long-sleeved t-shirt. I'll be looking for flannel-lined jeans next!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote