Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #166  
Meg

I'm sorry, but no one should EVER, under any circumstances, ask if someone else has gained weight. Rude, rude, rude!!

I'm guessing that 1. she's larger than you and 2. she's jealous of what you've accomplished. Hold your head up high and be proud of yourself!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

She's one of the very few people in my life who don't 'know' about me.

Have you ever met someone who is so busy knowing more than everyone else and expounding upon that that they hardly notice that the flood is up to their knees?
She's like that. An old British nurse with sturdy undergarments.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:30 AM   #168  
Meg

Well, if she needs sturdy undergarments then she's surely bigger than you are! I stand by my jealousy theory.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #169  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

SusanB, I agree with Meg, that is just jealousy.

I had a similar thing happen to me back in April. I was wearing my size 6 Levi's that my son bought me for my birthday. They are fairly baggy. A friend of mine said "Oh, you look better now that you've put back on a little of the weight". At first it kinda hurt my feelings and then I thought "I haven't gained weight". For once, my sister stood up and said "She has done excellent at keeping the weight off and I don't think she's been any smaller than she is right now". So, the friend said "Oh, it must just be the clothes she is wearing because last summer she looked like a stick in all those tiny capri's". I informed her that once it got warmer that I'd again be wearing all those "tiny capris" as they still fit perfectly. I decided to chalk it up to jealousy and go on as this friend is quite a bit heavier than I am.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:58 AM   #170  
Meg

I can't imagine the nerve of your "friend" to say those things to you!! Don't people have manners any more??

I wouldn't dream of negatively commenting on anyone's weight in a million years!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #171  
lilybelle

Some people just don't think. I do feel that sometimes people are watching and just hoping we'll gain the wt. back. I'm not gonna give them the satisfaction. LOL. I would never, ever dream of making a negative comment about her weight or anyone else's.

BTW, this friend never, ever made a single bad comment about my weight when I was obese. I guess she feels it's OK to give her opinion now.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #172  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Wearing the new sundress to the graduation party made many of of friends and their husbands who haven't seen me in several months notice how much I've lost. It felt good to bask in their complements.

Susan - I can't believe she said that!

Meg & Lily - you're both right, I took a look how my favorite bathing suit is constructed and I won't be able to take it in the way I thought I could. So it will have to be a sun suit. I'm going to have DH pick the style he likes best out (of the 2 piece with skirted bottom) of either the Lands End or LL Bean catalogs.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:29 AM   #173  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Have you ever met someone who is so busy knowing more than everyone else and expounding upon that that they hardly notice that the flood is up to their knees?
She's like that. An old British nurse with sturdy undergarments.
Susan, how dreadful! That's very bad manners and quite inexcusable.

May I apologise on behalf of all British people who wear sturdy undergarments?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #174  

Silver that's too funny!
But if 3FC-ers ever find out you're wearing one of those 'supportive' boned all-in-ones ....
Old 06-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #175  

By George, I think I've found a scrub that fits!

Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #176  
lilybelle

Susan, those scrubs look like they fit perfect. WTG on finding them.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #177  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Srubs that are actually flattering to boot! Usually, they make everyone look fat.

On Tuesday, I went to NYC's Macy's with the discount card my husband gave me. I was hoping to find a sundress. They had plenty all starting around $198 and only in sizes 6-10. I've always thought of Macy's as on par with JC Penney's. Guess the NYC's version has to be upscale and caters only to slender women but not too slendar?

Then I went across the street to Old Navy and found lots of size XS clothes that fit. Bought two cute tops for the heat of summer.

On Wednesday on my drive home from our Jersey City apartment, I stopped at TJ Maxx and found 3 sundresses and a pair of white sandals for under $100 total.

I'll be wearing the black and white halter top dress to the swing dance tonight and the red and white halter top dress to our niece's high school graduation party next week. The blue and white dress can be worn for every day.

Next, I need to order the bathing suit that DH picked out from the Land's End catalog. It's a blue and white halter top two piece and I'm ordering an extra skirted bottom.

It's been so much fun shopping now that I'm 'my size' again.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #178  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It happened again!

I ordered some more clothes from NY & CO. They had some dress pants that were $5.99 so I grabbed those as well in 18 petite. Anyway, I got the package today, opened it up and looked at the pants and said to myself "What? Are these for a barbie doll or what?". So I figured I'd at least see how far I could get, I was sure that I couldn't get them over my hips. I put in one leg and surprisingly it went all the way up my thigh so I started thinking that they were big in the thighs. Anyway, I put them on buttoned and zipped them. They are a bit snug but a few more lbs should take care of that. Anyway, my mind can't wrap around the idea of what something I should and could be wearing looks like.

I was also thinking it is an interesting paradox where me, who was size 26 or near there for most of my life (up to size 32 at my highest weight) thinks that size 18 pants look like they are made for a barbie doll. Whereas someone whose been thin all her life would probably cry at the point where a size 18 was a bit snug.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:39 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Nelie, I'm still trying to figure out how at 5'6" you can wear a petite. I have a short upper body, so I kind of need a P in the top, but then the arms are too short. My legs make up for my short waist though, so average pants are either just right or sometimes a little short. But aren't petites for 5'4" or less?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #180  
Mel

Carolyn- Macy's here is a step or two above Penny's. But they have wonderful sales! Also lots of different departments. Ours in King of Prussia has lots of expensive designer lines, but also sections with much less expensive clothes. I also find that if I'm careful about styles, I can buy in the juniors department which is far less expensive. My dd was visiting this weekend and had a gorgeous haltertop sundress from Macy's in a size 2 that I couldn't resist trying on. I know she bought it in the jr's department, but it was well made and fit both of us perfectly. A little diffently, but we both looked good in it. I think she was a little put out. I have never worn as small a size as she has.

Susan- the scrubs look great!

nelie- how in the world do you find such great bargains! I'm loggin on to NY & CO!

Mel
Closed Thread