Old 12-29-2006, 01:17 PM   #871  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Cassi - DH is quite funny indeed.....(of course, I have no idea what a "rack" is or does, but you've got my curiousity peaked!).

Here is the msg I sent to Chellez and her reply. I just plan to put my starting weight in with whatever my home scale says on Dec 31.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe
When I originally signed up for the challenge, your private message said:

"Reply to this message with your current weight whether or not you feel that it may change before December 31st. This weight is going to be used to create the teams. No one else will see this weight but myself. Scouts honor. "

Now, it sounds like we have to use/insert that weight as our start weight, which is sort of yucky since the holidays have not been kind to me. I truly thought our start weight was going to be our weight on 12/31/06 vs the number I gave you back on December 15th or so? Did the rules change? Did I mis-interpret something? Finally, if this is the number I need to put in as my start weight, I'll need you to PM me the number as I don't recall what I used. Thanks, though, for tracking all this.
Reply from Chellez:

Quote:
What you read was correct. The reason I have decided to use the number that you first gave me is because I want there to be 12 full weeks of competition. People have already waited quite a while to start this challenge and have made progress from the number that they first gave. I want them to be able to see that.

If you don't feel comfortable using the number you gave the first time its not a big deal. Just use your weight from 12/31 as your starting weight then weigh in again for week 1.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #872  
FBD/8-18-08

Katie - I say go with the membership IF you will use it faithfully! Otherwise, it's a waste (waist) of money!

Kristen - I'm gonna check my book again but I might want you to post the pasta fagioli soup and a couple of others... Hmmm, you could call it exercise! I know what you mean about singing in front of people too. As the Music Minister, I've passed the leadership of our PraiseTeam band and singers several times but it keeps coming back to me. Of course, that means putting on makeup, wearing nicer clothes, and not being as comfortable as I enjoy... and it means being in front of the congregation! This last time of taking it back over, I decide this time, to just be myself and do it the way I praise and worship at home! So I just put everyone else out of my mind except my band and my singers and do my thing! So, good going! By the way, the more you lose, the better you breath while singing!

Joni- welcome aboard the New Year TO!!! (You're sooo adorable!)

Cassi - Vicodin will be your best friend shortly!!! Sorry to hear about your back, but God has a way of slowing us down sometimes! I'm believing for a speedy recovery! Incidently, if you decide to fill Joni in on the "rack" do a PM! I'm not old enough to know what it is!!!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #873  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Cassi - Sending quick healing vibes out to you. Rest up! Back pain is yucky, vicodin is .

Joni - BIL's b-day party is low key, just family. Us and DH's siblings are all going to NYC in January to celebrate, which will be fun.

Happy New Year everyone!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:13 PM   #874  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

(((sending healing vibes Cassi's way!!)))

And thanks, Joni, for posting the TBL info. I'd told her I was "around 195", so I guess that'll be my official starting weight.

Pearl(a)...you crack me up! Sprinkle more of that dust this-a-way...we've got a long weekend coming up!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #875  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Wow what a takeoff team we have built! It's nice to know that so many will be gnawing on their one cup of broccoli with me!! Can you even imagine how good our first bite of real POP food will taste on Thursday. I will post the Pasta Fagioli soup for those of that are without the book. I'll also post the Taco Salad as that may be a real treat for those of you on the torture bandwagon with me to make for your lunch or dinner on Thursday.
Pearl thank you for the compliments on the photo. I don't look quite so fresh today after surviving Xmas with a 3 year old and 2 year old. They are one day shy of 16 months apart and when I learned I was expecting #2 a woman with two the same age told me the toughest part will be when they hit the terrible two and threes at the same time. We began that magnificent journey last night as the youngest one has decided to kick it up a notch as Emeril would say! We are very firm with them and insistent on manners and being kind to us and each other so we have a bit of boot camp ahead but hopefully the result will be some kids that grow up like Pearl's, Lea Ann's, Nicole's etc.
Let me see if I can get those recipes in there for you while I have a 10 minute reprieve whilst wee ones are napping. Check the recipe posts!

As for the karaoke I'll start brushing up so when I do my roadtrip to the states next year to visit all of you I can pull up in front of your homes singing a show tune in an RV

Cassi I must be part of the Xmas Censored club with you..on Xmas eve I did something to my shoulder and have been completely out of whack for about 5days. DH bought me a massager and some lotion for my stocking but I don't think his idea of using it involved me lying on the floor face down while he rubbed A535 on me, had me yelling OUCH at him and then wincing every time he touched my shoulder... for those that remember needless to say "Every time a bell rings.. Krispie will not be knocked up this year!"
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:59 PM   #876  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

*stops ringing her bell and sadly puts it away*

hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #877  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I am eating Pearl's Fruity Tuna Pitas from the recipe thread, just wanted to say that they are amazing, and my kids are devouring them. Even my littlest, who hates tuna, is wolfing them down. Thanks Pearl!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:25 PM   #878  
FBD/8-18-08

Sorry Krispie - my cowbell is staying!! Thanks for posting those recipes... I didn't see the taco salad one yet, I'll check back later!
Katie - Okay, I traded you a tilapia recipe for a tuna recipe! Not a bad deal!

Krispie - I truly believe that "Terrible" has nothing to do with children! I know I got advice about "terrible twos and threes and teens" from so many and every time I just said, "We aren't going there!" and I honestly can say - we never did! Please, if you hit a "terrible" moment, remember it's only a moment and you'll NEVER have it again!!! Take that from a mom who's watching her oldest develop his own life without her!
I'm sorry! I just stuck my nose in your business and "went to meddlin"!

Last edited by Prazteam; 12-29-2006 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Apology
Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #879  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Pearl you are never a meddlin in my life! I count on this board not only for weight loss guidance but for the fact we all counsel each other on life matters! I will get that Taco Salad recipe up as soon as I can, definitely before take off.
My DH and I call this stage with the girls the Trying Two and Threes. The little one is desperate to be independent but then cannot do something she attempts and if we try to help her screams back at us "I DO IT!!!" The biggest thing now that we have had to work on with the older one is being a bit cheeky. We are very big on them using please and thank you and saying sorry to each other when they aren't getting along. The little one will hold out for an hour before she will concede and say sorry or please for something. But we went through it before and all the moms on here with older kids will be saying "Whew, I remember that" and will be glad they have older kids. The ones with teens will be saying "oh i'd be happy to trade back for those days".. all in all they are a full time, but most rewarding job from birth until we leave this planet! How do you think I gained all that weight!!
I never go to bed one night without being thankful I was given them but I do have some mornings where I also believe coffee, chocolate, aspirin and occasionally wine were invented by a woman for a woman.

Thank you Momma Pearl for not being afraid to give some much appreciated advice!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:19 PM   #880  
Barb on LAWL

Kristen: What is the recipe for the Pasta Fagioli soup??? I have the cookbook you have also. I will have to try some of those recipes you talked about! I wish I can join you all on the T/O on the 2nd and 3rd. Maybe I can? I just did one on the 22nd and 23rd.. Is it to soon?

Kristie: WTG on WI, I am so glad that it helped u!!!!!!!!! Your dog is cute!

Nancy: that is a good idea with the mini crockpot. I have one and never use it, now I can make meals that I know my fiance wont necessarily eat and just make him something when I get home!!!!!!!!!!

Pearl: Glad you heard from your son. I love reading your posts. You are always so nice and inspirational!

Katie: If you are going to use the gym then I say get the membership. I used to belong to Bally's a few years ago and I LOVED it. I just stopped going because summer came and I couldnt see going to the gym when I can excerise outside. Good for you for getting on the bike! You will be able to get something hot for the wedding! I just bought that People magazine! I cant wait to read it.

Cassi: I hope that you feel better!

Is it to early to do the T/O again with you all on the 2nd and 3rd if I just did it on the 22nd and 23rd? I know it is every 2 weeks that you can do it but it is only a few days early.

I went shopping today with my Gift Certificate to Kohls and bought a set of GOOD knives. I am so excited to use them!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #881  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Pearl(a) - I was flipping through the channels on the TV today and I saw the International House of Praise on the satellite. It's out of Kansas City, MO and they had a bunch of young people there. Is this the conference ODS is attending? I thought it was cool that it's being televised, even if its just on satellite.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #882  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hello fellow losers! hope everyone has had a great time this holiday season. I didn't cheat much over Christmas, but I can't imagine NewYears Day without Blackeyed peas and cornbread, so I plan to cheat then. Christmas was quiet and no major temptations (just a little Caramel Bailey's Irish Cream, and a few extra starches). My BNWI this morning was 152--Woohoooooo!!!

Haven't been back to COD in a week. Have gotten several calls trying to entice me to come in a buy all their stuff that is on special. I think I'll wait and WI on Tuesday or Wednesday. That way if I gain this weekend they won't know and I won't get the frowny face :0)

I love to watch football so the next few days are like paradise to me...
Just found out I'm on the Red team with the TBL New Year/New YOu challenge. Look forward to doing this challenge. Got an ipod shuffle for Christmas and plan to start out walking 30 min a day. Slow start, but I haven't exercised at all since I've been on LAWL. So I think walking will be a good boost to my metabolism.

So good to see all you familiar faces posting again!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #883  
Barb on LAWL

Kristen: You have the Eating Smart cookbook? Is it good? I see it on ebay all the time and wondered.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #884  
FBD/8-18-08

Cassi - THAT WAS IT!! I'm sooo jealous! I wonder if it's on our satelite?!? I'm gonna look and see what I can find. Do you remember how it was titled?

Krispie - Thanks for being so understanding! At least I admit it when I let my nose wonder into someone elses territory! ;o I have lots more faults... just not enough time to mention them all!

Okay gotta go, now I'm gonna start looking on ebay at the cookbooks!

BTW, emailed the lady about the gazelle and it looks like it's the Gazelle Freestyle, which WILL does have a larger weight capacity! I know several of you have them, is this a good one? HELP!!!

Hugs, Blessings,
Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #885  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Barb- I would say go ahead and do TO this time, but don't do it again for a couple of months.

Pearl- Too cool, your DS is a movie star! I have a gazelle. I really liked it when I started losing. Now it does not do much for my heart rate, but I will bet that it would be gentle on your knees.

Martha- Way to lose over the holiday, you rock!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote