Old 12-29-2006, 09:25 PM   #886  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Cassie - sorry to hear about your rack...uh I mean back! hehehe I hope you feel better real soon.

Barb- ooo new knives...I'm jealous! I love kitchen stuff. Santa put a new set of pots and pans under the tree for me this year...I was/am sooooooooooo excited! How was the Chicken Okra Gumbo?

Ulanda- Hang in there sweetie, we are here for you! As they say....This too shall pass. You will be back on track, mentally, in no time!

Christine- Welcome to the board You will find LOTS of support on this board.

Nance- Happy New Year! Congrats on the loss!

Kristie- Congrats on going in to the COD! I have been putting it off but am going to bite the bullet tomorrow morning. WE will make 2007 our weight loss year!

Nancy- sounds like you are really planning ahead with your crockpot and toaster oven ideas. You are brave to start of the year with TO..I want to do TO but am a litte scared. It makes me think we I am going to be really hungry and then cave...does that make sense?

Pearl- I'm happy to hear ODS finally called! I bet you were nervous. Sounds like he is having a blast. I love to hear stories about your kids and DH, they always make me smile.

Katie- mmm Huckleberry wine...sounds yummy. Time to start saving your fruit!

Tweeteach- Spot is cutie! Congrats on surving TO!

Happy New Year to everyone! Joni, Martha, LeAnn, Nicole, Kim and all those I have missed (sorry!). I know that 2007 is going to be our year and I am ready to take it on. I hope you all have a safe and Happy Holiday...BIG GROUP HUG!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #887  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Katie: I will think about T/O and doing it with you all. I just know I will not be following the program NYE and tomorrow... (drinks)

Debbie:I LOVE my knives and I love kitchen things too... I went to a kitchen store today also. I got pots and pans last year....
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:22 PM   #888  
FBD/8-18-08

Girls - I am SUCH a kitchen gadget addict!!! OH MY GOSH!!! You have no idea! Of course, since I cater occasionally, I have an excuse, but it's really sad! And my DH loves it too! We even go to the outlet malls together just to shop the kitchen stores! Gotta love a man that will do that AND ENJOY IT!!!
I just love my Honey Love Sugar Babe!!!
Speaking of which, he just got home (early!) so I'm getting off here because suddenly, I have a life tonight!
Hugs!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:56 PM   #889  
Barb on LAWL

I am gonna have to go to the Outlet store to look at more kitchen stuff. I love kitchen things!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #890  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Debbie – I figured that I might as well start the year right! Besides, I’ve signed up on the 12 week TBL New Year/New You challenge. I’d like to see the 2 lbs per week drop like I had the first couple of months. Then Thanksgiving came along, and I basically been “forgetting” to write in the diary, which results in dramatic weight loss slow down.

Martha – I LOVE Bailey’s Irish Cream!! That always brings so many memories of my Dad!! When I was still a kiddo, he would let me have a little cup of coffee of my own,with a teaspoonful of the Bailey’s Irish Cream. It was like having a little bit of heaven… Needless to say to this day, a special treat would be adding a spoonful of the stuff to my coffee….

Barb – Yes, I’m so very excited about my mini crockpot!! And to think it was only $10 at the Kitchen Store Outlet thingy! I could have very much bought that for myself long time ago. Just never thought about that till I was asked what I wanted for Christmas. I already have several meal ideas planned, and will try them out next year (still on vacation at the moment)

Joni – You are right about needing to be sure and clean the produce. I’ve always bought the pre-packaged stuff. Like, when I make Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad, the pre-packed bag is just right. But buying the two things separately, I had to eat them all week long, and now, I get sick of their sight. I’m a terrible cook. So I try to take the easy way out whenever possible. A salad spinner sound like it would do the trick. BTW, you look nothing like you’re in your forties! I thought you was my age, late thirties the most!!

Cassi – Though I log in everyday to catch up on everybody, I seems to have missed the part you’ve hurt your back?? You need to be careful, back pains are horrible to have! I can’t slouch too much, nor too long, or my back will kill me. Because of that I always sit straight up. I do get compliment of my proper “posture”, little do they know that it is because it hurts otherwise… Take care, girl!!

Pearl – Counter space is one thing I don’t have! Do you know where I can get some?? From the basic microwave, coffee make, toaster, the dish drainer thingy, the radio (gotta have the radio on when I cook or mess around the kitchen) the jars with the sugar, flour and such, and now, the mini-crockpot, the little toaster… There is NO counter space left. DH likes to say: the house was too big before you came along… And with you coming along, so came the clutter. But when I ask him if life was better before the clutter and I came along, he’d say, of course not. I think that was sweet.

While waiting to be weighted in, all the people that came out have stopped at the counter and left with a bottle of the juice. I was thinking about all the extra money the COD have made these few days between the holidays… Oh BTW, WI itself was not too bad. Only 0.8 up, which make my COD weight 166.8 Could be a lot worse! I was expecting 2-3 lbs gain. So I happily took the 0.8 and grinned at everyone that was waiting in the waiting room, looking worried. This may sound crazy, but I can’t wait till TO day!!

Y’all have a good night, for tomorrow is another day!
Hugs,
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:12 AM   #891  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Pearl - It was channel 365 which is GTV. At least I think that was it. At noon and 2:00 today they are showing the One Thing Conference (is that it?). Also, I have the Gazelle Freestyle, which was $200 from HSN. I love it! I will be back on it next week after the back heals.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:16 AM   #892  
Barb on LAWL

My friend has the Gazelle and loves it.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #893  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning ladies,

How is everyone today? I am great. I didn't have the best time at the COD today. I was up .8 and was POP everyday except Christmas. Of course they don't have any real reasons and are just experimenting with me. Trying to blame the exercise. I am not going to stop exercising so they better come up with something else.

Debbie367, I am mentally ready to tackle this weightloss journey, but the COD is not really a great source of support and knowledge so that makes it tough.

To date, I have been going there 12 weeks and have only lost 12 lbs. Well 11.8 lbs, but the counselor today rounded it to 12. Currently I am on the Purple plan w/o lites and I exercise approx. 5 hours a week. So I should have better success. I realize that my body could have had some changes in the last 4 years but not that much of a change. It is just really frustrating and I am really looking forward to TBL challenge. Hopefully that will kick start something in the right direction. I only have 8 more weeks that are paid weightloss weeks and if they decide not to comp me more then I will just try it on my own. I am not giving up though.

Have a great day ladies.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #894  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all!!

I am another kitchen gadget whore. DH always knows that if it has to do with the kitchen, I am all over it! Yesterday I cleaned out my cupboards and tossed a bunch of stuff that I never use like a fondue pot, parts to an expresso machine that I never could figure out, etc. I also LOVE vintage serving dishes. I have picked up a lot of nice pieces at garage sales. I have sold some on Ebay, and kept some. I just love taking food to someone else's house in a beautiful old dish.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #895  
Katie

Ulanda- I believe that you are on the wrong plan. You should be on red with no lites. At your current weight and all of the exercise, there is no way you are getting enough food. If I were you I would try red for a month and see what happens.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:55 AM   #896  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning chickies!

Just posted my 2007 intentions and I am already getting motivated just by having put it out there!

I have been recording my daily weight since the beginning of this journey (Nov 05) and I have been around the same weight since late August - so I guess I have been maintaining.
What is rather alarming is that my monthly average weight is slowly creeping up - about .3 lb month since Aug.

Soooo - I will be back here with a vengence and am hoping for the occasional kick in the booty.
I would appreciate it

Thanks,
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #897  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Katie--what is the difference in the Red and Purple plan? The reason I ask is I am doing purple without lites and I wonder if I should jump to red when I start exercising.
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #898  
FBD/8-18-08

Cassi - wouldn't you know it?! 125 stations and we don't get the one I need!
BLHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Okay, now I feel better! But I'm still bummed!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #899  
Katie

Pearl- Call you cable server and see if you can get it. You can always add it for now, then cancel next week.

Martha- One of the biggest reasons I see people on LAWL losing slowly is being on the wrong plan, and usually happens to those who are not using lites. Red is the large protein sizes, and it is 1/2P,P,P,S,S,S,F,F,F,V,V,V,V,D.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #900  
Barb on LAWL

Nancy: That is pretty good to only be up .8... I was thinking the same thing when I saw people walking out with the juice the other day when I was at WI. I am going to do T/O but this time with oranges (well clementines since I have so many right now)

Ulanda: I agree I dont think you are on the right plan. I would look into a different plan.

Katie: I just went through my cupboards also and got rid of some things I am not using. My FMIL bought me a smoothie maker a few Christmas's ago and it broke but I kept it. What a waste of space. I couldnt put in the smoothie maker I bought at Goodwill (one of those single serve ones)....

Well, today I am going to do more organizing. I went to Target and bought new kitchen rugs (My old ones have grapes on them and while I love the rugs I cant throw them in the washing machine so I had to get some that I can wash)... Then tomorrow I am organizing my closet where my clothes are. We have one SMALL closet in the bedroom so my clothes are in the spare bedroom closet and it is a MESS. Phil saw it and said that's it I am adding another shelf to that closet. Someday we are taking down half of the computer room to make a big walk in closet so we both can have our clothes in the bedroom. I at least have my dresser in the bedroom. Anyway, I bought some of those plastic drawer things at Target today and I will use them on the top shelf of my closet.
We have friends coming over to watch the UFC fight on Pay per view tonight. I know I will be over in my starches (drinks) but I want to have fun tonight.

I am doing T/O with you all except I am doing it with oranges (clementines to be exact b/c I have so many of them right now) I stocked up on food for the T/O today also.

Have a great day everyone I will check back later!

oh yeah, I tried the chicken stuffed with cheese and apple last night from the LAWL cookbook.... YUCK!

Last edited by Barb316; 12-30-2006 at 02:49 PM.