Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 01:12 PM   #76  

GOD BLESS AMERICA! and GOD BLESS Jibbelle!

That is fantastic! I am so proud of you! Keep it up (or should I say keep it down... LOL)

Yeah, I'm just a real scatterbrain... have to make me a list & sometimes forget my list... but, so far today... I've done much better...

just got through e-mailing some updates for my 30th hs reunion... i made a boo-boo ... at a meeting a few months back... i told them that I would type the address labels... then they asked if we could have the rsvp's sent to my po box... sure, no problem.... as my grandon says, "wrong move"... it has sure kept me busy... burning the candle at both ends... still behind on my work, here... oh well, married to the boss... he ain't fired me yet... although, I beg him too... have for bout 18 yrs now....

haven't got much work done today... am gonna make the tax dp... did get payroll done... paid a few payables...

tied red, white, & blue ribbons on all the guys rides... they are out of town working... don't think that they will mind... trk driver just left on one of our 18-wheeler's... he tied ribbons on it... made labels from sheet of address labels saying "GOD BLESS AMERICA" & picture of flag... had him carry the guys one... both wished that we had them laminated... told him, I'd just give tham another next week.

I hope that everyone shows their PRIDE in this great nation of ours! We've got to put an end to such terrible acts. But, we've got to take time to thank GOD for EVERY DAY & live each to the fullest.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Have a good weekend & stay OP!
Nancy
Old 09-14-2001, 01:14 PM   #77  

Default oops... typo

should have said... as my B]grandson[/B] would say,

Share the American PRIDE!
Old 09-14-2001, 02:31 PM   #78  

Jibbelle & Sue-Congrats on your loss! I am so excited for you!

Nancy, I appreciate your PRIDE! GOD BLESS AMERICA! There are no flags to be found here so I went to a florist and had them make a huge Red, White, & Blue bow to put on the mailbox. I am truly just devistated by all of this. I have cried for 2 days now. I am just so sad for all the victims and their families! Stand proud everyone! It is time for us to unite and not back down. Drive with your lights on and let's show just how wonderful a nation we are!

MarcieW
Old 09-14-2001, 07:43 PM   #79  

Marcie,

Thank you! I had a bow made, too... I could not find a flag in P'cola. I did dig around the house & find some mini ones that I had for some project years ago... Guess that I'm fixing to go put them beside the sidewalk.

Well, let me see if I can tell you ladies about my day at the center. You would know that I forgot to ask about the frozen food exchange list. I'll try to do better next week.

Today was the 1st time that I had weighed since Sat, Sept 8th... it's been a busy, busy week in addition to what has happened to our nation and its victims and their families.

Anyhow, I had a new counselor.... a male... hop on the scales 1st... closed my eyes... I didn't even want to see... then I had to peek... I can't see close up & I've kinda learned which side of may nose that I want that thing-a-ma-jig to be on... I know... I'm crazy... but, I usually don't get out my magnifying glasses to weigh. I lost 2 lbs... Wow! oh boy... But, I'm still sweatin' we talked briefly about the USA and then he asked for my DIARY. I wanted to just crawl under the desk...in it, I had listed lots of my I'm thinking of all weeks that I had to have been so bad & now to have to confess to a male. Just my luck! My crazy mind was just a . I asked if we could just skip that part... he said afraid not. Anyhow, he was pretty & did an ok job scolding me... I didn't leave mad... just motivated to try to do better. He asked what stress was going on besides the tragedies... I told him that I had an univited guest spending the week... Blew his mind, when he realized it was TOM...
He said that fortunately he wouldn't know about that... He noticed that I was driving a good distance & he said no problem with 2 visits rather than 3... he offered some good tips...

But, here's the kicker... before you congratulate me... I weigh 1/2 lb more today, Fri, Sept 14th, than I did on Wed, Sept 5th... I thought that I had gained a pound last week... I didn't listen welll, or the other counselor didn't add correct... I had gained
2 1/2 lbs...today, I was down 2 lbs from Sat, Sept 8th... Oh well, considering TOM's still hanging around.. I really don't know where I'm at... but, I'm 21 3/4 lighter than I was Aug 14th... NOT bad for a month... but... I'm just not really seeing it... just in my top... oh well, my hubby is a legs man...

HAve a GREAT Weekend!
Nancy
Old 09-15-2001, 12:19 PM   #80  

Hi everyone:

I only had a pound loss for the whole week, at least it is down from last week.
I bought extra weight loss weeks today instead of nine weeks left I now have 15 weeks. i am kind of relieved it give me more time instead of worrying to get 27 pds off in nine weeks.
I have a question does everyone go 3 times a week to get weighed? When I am losing I can't wait to go but when I lose 1 pound sometimes I feel like why bother.
My Sister's neighborhood has flags all over the place even the town put them up, my sister could not find a flag for any thing she put a little one on her mail box.
I am glad this week is over felt like one of the longest ones in my life.
Have a peaceful weekend everyone!
Diane
Old 09-15-2001, 05:04 PM   #81  

Hi All, I haven't been on in a while as I had a bout of Pancreatis and gall bladder and have been in the hospital. I am home now but have to go back in to have my gall bladder out. So I am off of LA for a while. Can't eat much. I am on a clear liquid diet. Yuk. So I will let you know how I do.
Old 09-15-2001, 06:19 PM   #82  

Angry GOD BLESS AMERICA!

I haven't been on for a while and I have missed all of you! I am off of the program for now and I'm a mess! I got very frustrated because I was having trouble staying on program then I had a diagnostic laparoscopy and now am off of the program for at least 4 weeks (after general anesthesia). I have fallen back into old habits and don't know how to get back on track. I am like you Marcie, I feel really gross now that I'm not on the program. and I eat like I was never on it. I lost 25# and still have about 50 to go. Now for the worst of it all, I'm considering having a hysterectomy. I was diagnosed with adenomyosis and all the literature reads that there are very few alternatives to a hysterectomy. Anything else, the pain and bleeding will come back. I have felt terrible for months and now I know why! I meet with my Dr. in a couple of weeks to iron out the details. I so much want to get this weight off and I believe the break is good if it'll get me in the right state of mind to go back and make my goal,
but I don't want to mess up what I've already accomplished.

I hope all is well with everyone, especially after the tradgedy in Washington and New York.

Keep hope alive!
Janie
Old 09-16-2001, 01:48 PM   #83  

Default GOD BLESS AMERICA

Diane,

Congrats on loosing a pound... that's good news!
I am only going to the center 2 times a week, (unless I'm there on business) because of the distance that I have to drive.

Lorrie,

I hope that you will soon be feeling lots better! I'd like to send you a little sunshine

Janie,

I don't believe that I had met you... but, welcome back. I'd like to send you a little sunshine, too! I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling well and hope that you feel much better soon. I like to tell you to be nice to yourself and don't beat yourself up over the program. You can get the weight off... just be patient. But, first you have to take care of yourself & your health. And, remember that you want to loose for yourself... so be kind to yourself. I read somewhere that someone wrote down each of her cravings & wrote a brief note what was happening that day... then she chose one day & selected one of her favorite foods... THIS WAS NOT SOMEONE ON LAWL of course...

I've been a little with my plan & hated for the counselors to see... but, at the same time... I still was fortunate to loose some weight. I have a long way to go & am trying to stay OP... but some days are harder than others... my newest counselor suggested that I make a list of my favorite OP foods berore going to the grocery store, etc.

You can do it! Just be kind to yourself in the process! I keep telling myself if I beat myself up over this... I will just binge... so just try to have an attitude that I can have this instead... trying not to feel so deprived.

I hope that you all feel much better soon!

I hope that the world can feel better soon & not have to worry about terrorists. I hope that all of this makes us stronger!

Janie, you selected a very approriate bible verse. THANK YOU!

May GOD BLESS YOU ALL & YOUR FAMILIES & FRIENDS!

Nancy
Old 09-16-2001, 07:53 PM   #84  

Nancy,
thanks for your kind reply! You are right that I have to take care of myself and my health. I have a tendency to sabotage when things are going well in my personal life. Feels a little strange that I'm realizing this. But I know that God is "working on me" so I'll be back on plan and will feel much better physically and mentally. Lots of stuff to work out. It's as if somebody cracked the dam in my life and everything is flowing out over the last several months.

I have to gloat, gals ( this is terrible) but I went to a family reunion and it was amazing since the last time I saw my family all 2 yrs ago, that so much of my family, (women in particular) had gained so much weight. I was smaller than any of my cousins or aunts. Even though I'm at 222! You know the kind that always have to make the nasty comments about "Janie, put a little weight on have we?!" But no one said anything except my cousin who I'm closer to and she made some smart comment about being "fat and 40" but i didn't take it personally because she's gained at least the 25 I've lost, and plus!

Anyway, I'm done gloating. I'm going to keep coming back even if I'm not officially on the program until Oct. because it's a really calming and reassuring place.

Hope everyone has a good week!
Janie
Old 09-17-2001, 07:54 AM   #85  

Good morning everyone! I have weigh in today...after eating a few no no's this weekend at my brothers wedding. Overall I am very proud of myself as I think I did a pretty good job to stay on the plan given the situation. We will see what the scales say this morning.

Spring Manor-
Sorry to hear about your pancreatic and gallbladder problems. I have had my gallbladder taken out with the laproscopic procedure. It is outpatient and really not too bad. I was pretty sick from the anesthesia for a couple days, but other than that, a speedy recovery. Good luck...we will all be thinking about you!

Janie-
Welcome! I have never found a more supportive bunch that I have seen here. If anyone can help you stay on plan, it is the group of ladies here! I am very sorry to hear about your medical problems. Our thoughts are with you.

Diane-
Congrats on the loss!! I have been taking it one pound at a time too. That is one of the reasons why I am only going to the center twice a week.

Any new recipes? I tried that pork loin and pepper recipe off the LA Weight Loss website. I did not like to very much, neither did my boyfriend.

Good luck at weigh-ins this week.

Take care all!
Old 09-17-2001, 10:08 AM   #86  

Jibbelle,

Sounds like you stayed in control... that's wonderful news. I'm proud of you too. I hope that you show a loss on the scales today.

I haven't tried any new recipes... had chicken, chicken, chicken, & shrimp...

Haven't tried, but from LA Cookbook

Beef Kabobs
1 protien, 1 fruit, & 2 vegetables

Juice from 1 orange
1 T Sugar Twin brown sugar
1/4 t ginger
3 1/2 oz of 5 1/2 oz sirloin steak (according to plan), cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 med green pepper, cut into 1-inch squares

~ Combine juice of 1 orange, brown sugar, & ginger. Add beef; stir to coat meat Cover & marinate for 1 hr in the refrigerator. Drain; reserve marinade.

~ On a skewer, alternate beef & veggies; leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Pace kabobs on broiler pan. Brush with a portion of marinade.

~ Broil 4 inches from heat for about 8 minutes or until desired doneness, turning & brushing kabobs with marinade.

You could make Shrimp Kabobs with pineapple & green peppers.
Chicken Kabobs, could marinate in lemon or lime juice.

another from the cookbook...

SHRIMP CREOLE

1 cup = 1 protein, 1 Vegetable

2 T canola oil
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 pound shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
2 T flat leafed Italian parsley, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups water
1 6-oz can low sodium tomato paste
1/2 t black pepper
2 bay leaves
2 T green onion tops, thinly sliced

~ Place oil in lg skillet & heat to hot over med heat. Gradually add flour, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low & continue cooking & stirring until roux is golden brown, about 20 minutes.

~ Add shrimp & cook until pink, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly

~ Add onion, green pepper, parsley, 7 garlic & cook 2 minutes longer.

~ Raise heat to high. Stir in water; then tomato paste, black & cayenne pepper (was NOT listed in ingredients, but in directions ), & bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low & simmer covered, for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove bay leaves & serve over hot rice, topped with sliced green onions.

ENJOY!

Any other recipes? Please share!

Nancy
Old 09-17-2001, 11:48 AM   #87  

I'm down, I'm down, I'm down!!! WOOHOO

I just went to weigh in and I am down another 1.25 lbs. YEAH!!!

I hit a plateau and was steady for a couple weeks, but I think I must have jumped off that ledge!

Thanks for the recipes! I am going to try them soon. I keep a stack of blank recipe cards right by my computer so I can write them down as they are posted.

Take care all!
Old 09-17-2001, 04:51 PM   #88  

Jibbelle,

Congratulations on another weight loss!
That is great! Your hard work is paying off... I hope that your metobolism will keep those unwanted pounds on the go.

I hope that everyone has those unwanted pounds on the run.

Take care,
Nancy
Old 09-17-2001, 07:09 PM   #89  

Jibbelle, COngrats on your weight loss! You are AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work!

Janie, I am sorry that we are in the same boat, but I am so excited for you about how you felt at your family renunion...sometimes it takes events like that to get us back on track!

Hope you are all doing well...I am still job searching....something will come my way soon!

Talk to you all later
Old 09-17-2001, 11:32 PM   #90  

Default HI EVERYONE!!!

Hi Everyone!!!! I haven't been on in several days and there are SOOOO many posts to catch up on!! WHEW!!!!

Janie and Lorrie, I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems!!! Sending you both get well quick wishes!!!

Things have just been crazy here!! Between all that is going on in the country, work, kids, etc, I've barely had time to breathe. Pretty much all of my "off" hours have been spent in front of the Television watching for more news. My heart just breaks whenever I think about what has happened and all those lives needlessly lost. We painted our mailbox red, white and blue. We also painted a huge sign saying "God Bless The USA" and have it tied up in front of our house. And I've made countless ribbons. I've given away so many of them, that I no longer have one to wear myself. (I will fix that a little later though!) Just everyone be proud of our country. We will come out of this stronger then ever!!! We've always flown a flag outside our house, and it's so wonderful to see all the ones all over town!!!

I'm down a total of 30 pounds as of today!!! I was so happy to reach that milestone. And that's with TOM visiting!! I've got 2 1-2 more pounds to go until I get under 200 pounds!!! That is so exciting for me!!!!

Everyone keep up the good work. Stay strong and stay proud!!!

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 202.5
Goal HOTTIE
Closed Thread