Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 09:29 AM   #91  

Default I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Sue,

Glad to hear that you and yours are showing your pride! It's sad to think that a tragedy makes us stronger. I just hope and pray that this great nation will stand UNITED forever! My heart cries for the victims, their families, their friends, & the country. I have gotten to where I have to turn the tv off occassionally. Those poor innocent people... this evil crime was senseless.

Oh a much happier note: SUE, way to go! That is wonderful... you will be below that mark before you know it & then you can keep slimming. I know that you are tickled! We are happy for you.

Marcie,

You are still in our thoughts & I hope that a special job turns up shortly. Keep us posted.

Everyone have a great day! stay OP & drinks lots & lots of water.

Nancy
Old 09-18-2001, 05:26 PM   #92  

Sue-
Congrats on the loss! You are doing great.

I do not have any exciting news to report today. I have a lot of challenges this week. I have a 3 day meeting being held off site Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I have no idea what the food situation will be. I will eat breakfast before I go, but will have to eat lunch there and we are supposed to all go out for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday. Thankfully I have class Thursday night, so I can at least get out of that meal. There will be lots of eating out for me this week! Keep your fingers crossed that there are plenty of on plan things.

Take care all--
MarcieB
Old 09-18-2001, 08:58 PM   #93  

Hey everyone! Well I finally have a job interview tomorrow! Please say a little prayer for me in hopes that this is the one!

Sue~Congrats to you!! I am so happy for you!

Jibbelle~I just wanted to say good luck for the next 3 days! I know it is something you are concerned about..just know that you are doing awesome and the choices you make will be the right ones! We are with you!!

Nancy~Thanks so much for the kind words...I truly appreciate it!

Hope everyone continues doiing so AWESOME!

God Bless America!
MarcieW
Old 09-18-2001, 10:41 PM   #94  

Marcie,

I hope that your interview goes well! My fingers will be crossed hoping that you get the job!

Your guardian is still at your side... GOOD LUCK!

Nancy
Old 09-19-2001, 08:16 AM   #95  

Marcie-

Congrats and good luck on the interview!!! Let us know how it goes!
Old 09-19-2001, 08:47 AM   #96  

Jibbelle,

I forgot to tell you that I with joy when I read your Christmas Wish. That was just too cute. I hope that Santa delivers everything on your list. Be good!

Marcie,

I hope that today goes well! Let us hear! GOOD LUCK!

I hope that everyone has a great day!

Nancy
Old 09-19-2001, 05:39 PM   #97  

Hey everyone! Well the interview was pushed back until tomorrow and I have another one tomorrow as well. I also have one on Friday so surely something will come out of all of this. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words! Today is my husbands b'day and we are having a surprise party for him at O'Charley's. I didn't expect that many to rsvp but so far we have 35 people confirmed..WOW! I am so excited and just hope that noone blows it for him. It is all people he works with so I hope they keep their mouths shut! Anyway...he will be surprised if noone blows it. I will update everyone tomorrow on the outcome of both of the interviews!

Have a great night!!
MarcieW
Old 09-20-2001, 10:12 AM   #98  

Default :)

Hi everyone!!!

Marcie, Good Luck with the interviews! I know you will get something GREAT!! And have fun at your hubby's birthday party! That sounds like a great time!

Jibbelle, I KNOW Santa will have something special in his bag of goodies for you!!

I didn't get to weigh in yesterday, and I haven't had oppourtunity to go to the gym either. We've had a few "problems" at work, which meant that I worked on my day off this week. YUCK. On top of that, I've caught a nasty cold! I guess the upside to that is I haven't felt like eating! I guess that's the silver lining to fits of coughing!!

I will weigh in tommorow, and let you all know how it goes! 199 here I come!!! :)

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 202.5
Goal: HOTTIE :devil:
Old 09-20-2001, 12:18 PM   #99  

Hi Everyone:
Good luck Marcie from me also.
Sassemom: Good luck with your Christmas goal, I have a Christmas goal also I hope to reach stablization.
I did two days of Take off this week. I had to change around my food some I wasn't moving anywhere. I haven't had chicken in three days. I am finding I am getting bord in my food choices.
I did reach forty pounds lost today. In a weird kind of way I am suprised that I have reach this far and finally seeing that I can reach my goal. I guess thats why everyone says one day at a time.
I went to Queens on Tuesday and as I was going over the bridge I noticed you can still see the smoke burning from where the towers were. I have gone of the bridge lots of times I guess I took the Ny skyline for granted. I felt a little nervous going over the bridge but I did not even get stuck in traffic.
Everyone have a nice Day
Diane

4/06/01 201
9/20/01 160.25
Old 09-20-2001, 03:01 PM   #100  

Default GOD BLESS AMERICA

Hey Marcie,

I sure hope that your interviews are going well & soon you will be trying to decide which job you will take. Keep us posted.

Sue,

I hope that your cold is better... drink plenty of liquids. Under 200... fantastic!

Diane,

How close are you to what was the trade center towers?
My heart still pours for all the victims & their families & friends.

Say that you have lost 40 lbs... that's wonderful!

Jibbelle,

How are you today?

I plan to go weigh tomorrow... it's been a week... I've done fair... guess the scales will tell the true story tomorrow. TOM finally decided to leave for a few weeks... so, I don't have that excuse.

I finally received my "Walk Away the Pounds" video tape... I walked a mile this AM... hope to go walk another one in a bit... think that I kinda like it... can't say that I couldn't walk because of the rain, etc.

For a little variety... have any of you ladies had tuna? I made a tuna salad using canned low sodium tuna, low fat mayo, & chopped apple. I put my tuna over a bed of lettuce & diced a small tomato along the edge of my lettuce. I also had 2 slices of melba toast. It was very filling & OP. (1 protein, 2 veg, 1 Fruit, 1 Starch, allowed fat). I even sliced the remaining part of my apple.
I like the apple in the tuna... made me think that I was dining out... tuna salad... it was a treat from chicken, chicken, chicken. Thought that I would try putting the tuna salad in a tomato cup one day... just to change it up a bit. You could add apple to chicken salad, if you prefer chicken instead of tuna.

Now trying to decide on dinner.. that's the hard meal... everyone's around... need to go to the grocery... no Melba toast in the house... hope that they got some more in... hubby has eaten 5 boxes in a week... don't know what to do with him... he contacted the Lance man & asked him to bring a case.

Everyone take care & keep up the good work.

Nancy
Old 09-20-2001, 07:59 PM   #101  

Hi Nancy;
We are about 45 minutes from Manhattan. we are close enough though to hear the jets flying over, we must be in there flight path. The first time I heard them was kind of scary at the time the airports were closed so my first thought was how come I hear a plane.
I have a hair appointment tomarrow and I remebered that my hair dresser said her husband is a NY city fireman and I was so nervous calling her today and asking if her husband was O.K. I felt a little stupid but she was glad I called. She said he is fine he was working in the Bronx that day. I am sure she will tell me more tomarrow.
Diane

4/06/01 201
09/20/01 160.25
goal 135
Old 09-20-2001, 11:53 PM   #102  

Diane,

I'm glad that your hair dressers husband was not working in Mahattan Sept 11th. I know that she is. I can only imagine what he is going through... missing friends & co-workers.

I've never been to New York. I've only seen the skyscapers in pictures, movies & on tv. I still can't believe what happened. I was sitting at home last night and realized what a rippled effect that this tragedy has made on so many people. Those terrorists hit during the time that they knew lives would be taken.... innocent people have died & their families & friends have suffered. I just hope and pray that the families can feel the outpours of comforting prayers and that this is a wake-up call that makes our nation stonger.
May God bless them.

take care,
Nancy
Old 09-21-2001, 01:26 AM   #103  

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to call your attention to Suzanne's announcement in case you overlooked it.

Thank you Suzanne! I hope that you will be pleased! Thank you for this site!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND, everyone!

Nancy
Old 09-21-2001, 10:14 PM   #104  

Default I wasnt lost

It has been a while since I have posted...things have been really crazy at home, work, and school. Nothing bad, just hectic! I know you all know how that is.

It took me a while to catch up on all the posts, but it seems like everyone is doing well. I have been in long meetings all week...and ate food that was definately not something I would have cooked for myself. I tried to do as best I could to stay on the plan, but they were catered meals and it was really difficult. I did not cave into the dessert trays though!!! I said I needed to make a phone call and snuck outside to take a breather and eat a nu-light (chocolate crunch) bar instead. It seemed to work pretty well.

I am scared to weigh in tomorrow. If I only gained a pound or two I would be happy!!! I think I can still make it down under 270 by the end of the month. I will let you know how it turns out!

October is going to present a whole new challenge. I have a 10 day business trip to Augusta, GA. I will be staying in a hotel and eating most meals out. I am not sure how I am going to pull that one off yet. I will talk to the counselors tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions. Anyone here have any? I guess I will have to pack lots of bars and shakes!!!

Nancy-
Where did you see the announcement from Suzanne? I could not find it.

I better hit the books. Talk to you all again soon!

Take care
Old 09-21-2001, 11:06 PM   #105  

Jibbelle,

I believe that Suzanne's announcement was on the page where we select "diet plans"... it was the top listing... it stated that they would be changing servers, etc.

I am so proud of you! Passing up dessert! You did great & I bet that it will show on the scales...

I was able to pick up the Frozen Meal guide at the center today... (thanks for telling me about it... it will be a couple of weeks before I can try it... my counselor suggested that I not substitute right now & when I do... just 1 per/wk) I stuck a large note in my diary so I would not forget to ask... they also gave me a new "Eating Out Guide"... something brand new... they were even excited over it... has more restaurants... if you could pick one up... it may help you make healthy OP choices while on your trip...

I have a trip planned in October... I bought some individual low-fat HiddenValley ranch salad dressings... gonna take me a case of bottled water & take some fruits... (fruit basket of sorts)... like you had said... salads are fairly easy... just ask them to hold the cheese... grilled chicken... grilled shrimp... grilled fish... kinda hard to find fresh fruits... sometimes when eating out.

I hope that everyone is having a nice weekend!

I had not weighed since last Friday & was dreading today, but I have some news that just tickled me & made me

I lost 2 - 3/4 lbs! Hip Hip Hooray!

I got measured... I predicted where I had noticed it ... the top.... I just laughed... only lost 1-1/2" in the waist... lost bout the same in the hips as boobs... & some in the thighs... really made me proud. Got a ribbon. I started the program Aug 14th... I have lost 24 - 1/4 lbs!

I have a trip in Oct, a wedding, & my high school reunion... haven't mentioned any of this to the counselors.... not the real reason that I wanted to loose... but, I did tell my counselor today that I would like to be under 200 for my Christmas present to myself (Thanks for the inspiration, Jibbelle!)... she suggested the 3 - day LA Express... I said yummy... I could eat some steaks this weekend....

Ladies, we can do this! Let's all copy Jibbelle & make our own Christmas wish. Thanks again, Jibbelle!

Nancy

August 14th 249
September 21st 224 3/4

Goal 140
Closed Thread