Old 06-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #976  
DD: 3, DS: 1

S/C/G: 155/148/135

Hey all!

Heather: WOOOHOOOOO on your size 10s!!! That is a fabulous victory!

Bizlaw: I hope your WI goes well! Keep us posted!

Sommer: Don't you just love days like that...when you are feeling so good about yourself?!?!? Pass some of that over this way, girl...

Pink: Ditto on the coffee...I love the flavored ones. This morning I had chocolate creme decaf! I cheat on the Splenda and have 4 packets a day instead of 3...shhhhh...

Katie: Ohhh...cash is always a great incentive. I have tried to get my MIL to do this with me. She's a nurse and her hours are too crazy. She tells me sometimes she doesn't get time to eat all day!

Wow, the thread is crazy busy during weekdays! Feel like I'm on a treadmill! (Probably should be...)

As for me, DS turns 1 year old tomorrow, and my Mom is coming to town to celebrate. Anyone have easy ideas for a 1 year old party? We decided against Mr. Gattis (he's too young), the Children's Museum (too young), CiCi's Pizza (uhhh....NO). We were thinking maybe his first trip to the pool and a park BBQ?!?! I'm gonna be a busy little bee!

Also DH wondering if DD (almost 3) will balk at DS getting presents and her getting none. I have a friend who battled this by giving both kids presents, and she was never able to break the habit! That could get expensive!

Have a great POP day!
psycgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #977  
PurpleSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
I'm with all of you gals, I couldn't live without my coffee .

Heather - Congrats on those size 10's! To heck with the scale, look how far you've come!
I'm going to happy hour with some friends tomorrow and I'm already trying to get a game plan in mind. I can't avoid the food and alcohol completely, but I'm going to focus and making good choices and controlling my portions. Oh and drinking LOTS of water. I have to weigh in Saturday and I don't want to be up!
Thanks for the compliment sweetie - I do appreciate it and it does prove to me that I have accomplished things and that the scale doesn't mean everything - I'm soooooo freakin' excited to be in these pants today and just feel good in general!!!

Hey, I was reading in something the other day - (some health, fitness) magazine or online - if you're going to drink - drink lighter alcohols like rum with diet coke or low calorie juices....I love fuzzy navels - and I make them with light rum, crystal light (sunrise delight) and then peach schapps - so I don't get nearly the calories - probably not even 1/3 the calories that I would get with a regular one!!! You can do it girl - stay strong now -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #978  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all!! Just stopping in to say a quick hello before I really start working. I've just been reading everyone's posts.

Heather - Good Morning! Glad your sunshine's back! Wohoo on the size 10's. Have a great day!

Sommer - Thank you for the compliment. The sesame chicken sounds yummy!!

Psycgirl - Thank you!

Katie - Love hearing your family WI's. Very inspiring for me. Glad to see that your weight remained the same. Have a great day!

Pink - Sorry about the allergies. I know what you're going through. DH has the same problems during this time of the year.

Hope everyone has a great POP day!! Take care and talk to you all soon.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #979  

Default My Challenge

Hey gals...

I am starting my internship on August 1. The problem is, I cannot get into any of my professional clothes! They are all size 6, which I wore after last baby. Hmmm... I know I can fit into them around 140 lbs, but they will be sexy pants! hehehehe

So, my goal is to get down to 140 (or lower) by 7/31. To do this I can only afford a couple cheat days (one of which will be B-day party this weekend). I did TO this past weekend, and guess I should do it again next weekend (2 weeks in between). It worked really well this past weekend. I started at 156 and was finishing TOM. Yesterday morning WI was 150.2. Hope it doesn't stop working if you do it too much.

Feel like I am placing myself in boot camp, but I am pretty sure my body can do it. I really don't have a choice! Wasn't going to post this personal challenge, but you knew if I didn't, it would be too easy to fall off the wagon. Like, last night, DH tells me how proud he is that I did so good on TO, then asks me if I want to go get ice cream! grrrrrrr....
Old 06-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #980  
Maintainer

you can do this. I haven't done TO yet, but from the sounds of your last TO...you did great! I'll cross my fingers for you this time around. I'm sure it'll work.

Your DH, sounds like mine....always up for ice cream!! OMG! too funny!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #981  

Kristi and Evette: Thanks for the quick encouragement...I love this board!

As for my DH...I joke with him that I'm pretty sure I could get some good money for him on EBAY....I'll take the highest bid!!! All in good fun....

Not sure if any of you other ladies have a DH like mine, but he is 6'2 and has SUPER SPEEDY metabolism. I have gained weight ever since I met him 13 years ago...that man can eat ANYTHING...and usually does! Drat...
Old 06-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #982  
Maintainer

actually, my DH is not as tall as yours, but his metabolism is definitely faster than mine is....maybe because he's 2 years younger than I am? haha!! He can and does eat anything he wants....
Old 06-28-2006, 12:01 PM   #983  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey chickies

Starting day 2 of TO. I really should have started it after I got back from vacation instead of waiting. My carb cravings have gotten out of hand. My DH introduced me to this wonderful rich yummy fruit & custard pie called Kuchen last year at the family reunion. It is a norweigan recipe that you can only find in certain places in North and South Dakota. We brought home 6 of these pies and I haven't touched them since I got home. Well Monday night, DH is out of town and there is a 1/3 of a pie in the fridge just calling my name. I just had to finish it off before it went bad. Tues. morning I am up a pound. I just figured out where all the extra weight I gained on vacation came from.

I hope that the rain subsides for you chickies. We are pretty dried out here, just water still standing in the ditches. Mosquitoes are terrible right now!!! We are supposed to have record breaking heat tomorrow. Here's to no flooding.

Evette- you look gorgeous! If you've lost 15 lbs. since then you must be a total hottie!!!

Rebecca- Sorry you are feeling ick!! I am still fatigued and achy. I am going to the doctor Thurs. for my yearly female tests and am going to ask her to do blood work too.

Pink- Congrats on the loss. You will be at 194 by Monday for sure!!

Meghan- to the group!!!!

Joan-

HeatherPP- Congrats on looking sexy in those capri's.

Psycgirl- If you really set your mind to it you can get to 140 by 7/1-good luck.

My DH is really supportive. Maybe too supportive. He tells everybody. He saw my best friend today who lives 5 hours away from us. I haven't told her about losing weight cuz I wanted to surprise here when we meet up next month. Anyway he is down in Wyoming yesterday doing some work and runs into her. He blabs away that I've lost 50 lbs., he's so proud of me, blah, blah, blah. Ruins the surprise. Really, I am very happy that he is so supportive and proud of me, but he doesn't need to tell EVERYBODY!!

Oh, gotta tell you this. DH made a deal with me when I joined. You see he chews and I think that it is the most gross thing in the world. Anyway, he told me that if I lost 50 lbs. he would quit chewing. GUESS WHAT???.......He went cold turkey the day after we came back from vacation. I let him chew through vacation so I could enjoy myself, it was purley selfish!! Now he says that if I lose 50 more lbs. he will pay to have the girls lifted and....get this....implants. If ya'll remember, I am a big chested girl. I don't think that I will need implants, the lift will be just fine I believe. Oh well, let him fantasize......
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #984  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Christie- I hope you had fun at the zoo. Did you get to see the panda's? I really want to go there some time to see them, ya see I collect panda's, they are so stinkin cute!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #985  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkie03
joan - yes we'll definitely have to keep in touch and work together to achieve our goals! Thank you for the compliment! You're doing great yourself!! Keep it up, girl!

Evette you bet. It will be fun to have someone who's right at the same point to talk to. We'll BOTH keep it up!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #986  
Losing the Weight!

Thanks everyone for the Support. It means an awful lot to me!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #987  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdebster921
Hey chickies

Now he says that if I lose 50 more lbs. he will pay to have the girls lifted and....get this....implants. If ya'll remember, I am a big chested girl. I don't think that I will need implants, the lift will be just fine I believe. Oh well, let him fantasize......

Congrats on the big loss!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 PM   #988  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

OH.... I went to WI, and I am down 5 lbs. exactly for the 2 day TO!!!!!!

I am sooo happy. Only 1.4 to pre-cruise weight! I am so glad I went for it the day after I got back. I did good to get me back in loss mode.

HeatherPP - Congrats on the 10s. Before you know it, you'll be in to single digits!!!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:52 PM   #989  
PurpleSunshine

Debbie - I was laughing so hard at the "girls being lifted" - wow - well if you don't need the implants - can you just send the extra over this way - I'm definitely planning on getting my girls back after this weight is gone - I miss them!!

That is wonderful that your DH went through with his promise - most people just say things in order to get you motivated - and then hope you won't make them go through with theirs - that is wonderful that your success is that important to him!!!

Joan - Hang in there girl - You're doing wonderful - we're here for you - !!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #990  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Kristi- If you don't find the recipe let me know and I'll post it up again. It's buried in there somewhere I think, I don't know where else I would have gotten the recipe.

PsycGirl- I'd love to share my good feelings with you! I've got lots to spare. I just wish I didn't have to go spend my evening in my Women's Studies class, I'd rather be home with the BF watching movies or reading. I just picked up a new copy of Frankenstien and it's so pretty, I can't wait to read it.

Heather- Go you in your sassy pants!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote