Old 06-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #946  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

Purple, I am there w/ you on the work out/cardio/weights/diet thing. I am strictly doing cardio right now. I am really still @ the very beginning o f my weight loss, so I dont want to add any weight until I have loose skin that needs taken care of!! haha! The balance is hard isnt it? Good girl, gettin back on track! Thats awesome. And it will feel so good when u go to WI and see u have lost some weight. Gives u a whole new incentive it seems!!

Green- I still have such a long ways to go!! But I hear ya. There are alot of gals on this forum that I envy as far as how far they have gotten, but I know I will be there too soon, and so will u! I am proud of them and appreciate there support and encouragement, it helps A TON!

BizLaw- Girl, I KNOW! Thats how I felt when I first started! I couldnt wait to get rid of that damn 2 at the front of my weight!!! Now I cant wait to get rid of that damn 9 in the middle of my weight! haha Baby steps right?
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #947  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

wtg pink!! You'll hit 194 by Monday!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #948  
PurpleSunshine

winkie - I'm kind of like you - I carry my weight very well - at my lowest before getting pg, people couldn't believed that I weighed 153...but I did - I was just very toned and fit. - That feels great

Pink - Thanks - I love the cardio - but the weights make my definition so much better and the clothes fit totally different - so as long as I have that - Im trying not to worry as much about the scale. I'm doing measurements again soon - but the last time I had lost 6.5 inches and 3% body fat within like 4 weeks....so that was definitely an NSV for me!!! But yes, I'm still trying to find that right ratio - calories - workout to get that scale moving -

Erin - I do try to stay away from the fast food - b/c I do like it , but feel so bad afterwards - it just so happened that was screaming my name on Sunday!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #949  
Katie

Height: 5'1

WOW! Evette, you are drop dead gorgeous!

WTG Pink!! How exciting! You are in onderland to stay this time!

Erin- Oh, air, how I wish. Hardly anyone around here has A/C since we are only warm enough for it for about 12 weeks out of the year, but I still run a little window unit, only mine is BROKEN! I have to buy a new one, stat!

So, I have a million daycare kids today. My SIL asked me to take her 3 daycare kids today so that she could get her nails done. Grrrrrrr..... Now I have a problem. They swear that they are not going back to Kim's, they like my house better. Well, they are all grade school kids and there are a lot of grade schoolers here, so no wonder they like it here. They are just having fun, you know. Anyhow, I hope that they will just go back to SIL's tomorrow and not tell her that they want to come here instead. That would cause a nice family feud. I guess that serves her right for taking a day off I guess.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #950  
PurpleSunshine

Well katie - that should make you feel good that you have an exciting atmoshphere for all the kids - I sure hope no family feud gets stirred up though - you definitely don't need that
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM   #951  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

thanks katie!! you're gorgeous too!! everyone's gorgeous!!i''ve never had anyone call me gorgeous before, but i'll take it! i'll have to have my DH see these past posts.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #952  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkie03
erin - oh yes i do have 32 more pounds to lose! You guys just can't see it because it's a small picture!! I just think I carry my weight well. (at least that's what my co-workers tell me) No one in the office could have ever imagined that I was 215 at my highest weight. I'm just "thick." Lots of muscle, but I want to get down to 130-133!

Look at you though, 76 pounds! That's truly amazing. Props to you!!
Hey Winkie, you and I are in the same boat. I carry the weight well too, except I didn't SEE it when I looked in the mirror. I have about 28 pounds left to go. We are pretty much headed for the same results... I'm looking for 135 or so...

We'll have to keep in touch and encourage either other... Maybe we can reach Goal about the same time!

Purple, and all... DH STILL hasn't said a word about all the WL.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #953  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Joan- I think that you should smack him right between the eyes.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #954  
Losing the Weight!

Hmmm Repo, Good idea... I know where I can lay my hands on a 2x4.

I have had other people notice, oh well, like I said before I notice and that's what's important.

I find it amusing that in October I bought my new telescope (a 12 inch mirror) and it weighs 51 pounds (just the tube). The other night I packed it into my car to take to an astronomy club function and realized that it doesn't weigh NEAR as much as it did in October. AND, (I know this will make you laugh), the tube sits on a box that swivels. This box is closed on 3 sides and sits on a round base that sits on triangluar base (thats where it swivels). This whole assembly weighs 31 pounds, but here's the funny part. When I pick the base up by the handle, my butt actually now fits between the 2 sides to carry it now... (actually my hips fit in that small box...LOL).

I'll have to get a picture for you guys to really appreciate it.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #955  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Evette - LOVE the new pic!! You do look absolutely gorgeous & SKINNY!!

This rain needs to stop. its supposed to rain all week.
I am 3 houses in from the river, and it is SOOOOOO HIGH!!!! A couple of communities not far from here are already on voluntary evacuation. We don't need to leave yet. I told the kids if I see water in the street, that's when we will go...
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:01 PM   #956  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by green0923
Winkie, ... do you have huge fat feet or something that we are not seeing in the pic???
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #957  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
Joan - What is up with that husband of yours? You've lost 44 pounds and he hasn't said anything to you?!?!? I would have smothered my husband in his sleep by now! I could be way off base, but I know that sometimes men feel insecure when their wives make major changes, like losing weight. Maybe he's secretly afraid you'll lose the weight and leave him. If he had a brain in his head he would shower you with compliments so that wouldn't happen. Men, they can be so clueless! Like you said, what matters the most is how you feel. Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration .
Kristi, could be he is afraid, but it won't be because of the WL. There's a lot more going on besides just that. And if he's not careful he IS going to find himself sitting all alone in the house and I'll be G O N E!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:01 PM   #958  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Joan - so sorry to hear that your DH is not very noticable. He needs a good

You've done an awesome job so far, and we will continue to be here for you!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:36 PM   #959  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by StargazerJMK
Hmmm Repo, Good idea... I know where I can lay my hands on a 2x4.

I have had other people notice, oh well, like I said before I notice and that's what's important.

I find it amusing that in October I bought my new telescope (a 12 inch mirror) and it weighs 51 pounds (just the tube). The other night I packed it into my car to take to an astronomy club function and realized that it doesn't weigh NEAR as much as it did in October. AND, (I know this will make you laugh), the tube sits on a box that swivels. This box is closed on 3 sides and sits on a round base that sits on triangluar base (thats where it swivels). This whole assembly weighs 31 pounds, but here's the funny part. When I pick the base up by the handle, my butt actually now fits between the 2 sides to carry it now... (actually my hips fit in that small box...LOL).

I'll have to get a picture for you guys to really appreciate it.
Hey I just noticed your starting weight, current and goal are strikingly familiar...I started after baby #3 at 203 on WW, then at your current weight, I joined LAWL- 135 came after that...good luck on your journey!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #960  

S/C/G: 178/174/140

Hey Guys, My name is Meghan and im new to this site. I started LA weight loss wednesday the 14th and ive lost 3.4 pounds....i found it easy at first and then things got difficult for me. But ive been exercising almost everyday for a week. Im really trying. But i just wanted to say and hopefully i learn more about this website.
swtgurl827 is offline   Reply With Quote