Old 05-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #301  
PurpleSunshine

Wow - Good morning chickies!!!

Rachelle - Congrats on that wonderful 9.5 loss!! I know you are just living on cloud 150 today!!!

Rebeca - Good luck with the immigration interview - hopefully everything will go A OK!!

Carm - Girly, I'm doing pretty good on the challenge. I have had some trail mix the last two days. My friend right across the halls keeps it in a big jug - and it is so good, so I just skipped my last luna bar - but everything else was totally OP. I'm so looking forward to those scales especially after I get back to my training next week. TOM is so trying to be my enemy early. I don't start till next week, but I have been spotting everyday this week too - YUCK!!! Glad you're doing well!! Are you getting anxious about the scale at all? just think 10 more days for you right? May 15th?? I'm going to try to wait till May 17th....that will be the week after TOM and gives me two weeks to do my training!!!

Lisa - Doesn't sound like you did too bad. Even though that cereal is sugary - a handful wouldn't be too bad - and it satisfied those cravings - so that is the most important!!!

Aggie - Sending you 177 vibes - you go girl!!!

Dairy - Be careful doing that furniture moving - I wouldn't want your back hurting like mine!!! Yes, steam cleaning really shows you how dirty your carpet is. We really want to switch to the pergo floor which we already bought which IS STILL SITTING IN THE GARAGE!!!!

Denise - Welcome back chickie - we missed you!!

Stiesta - Hope you are enjoying NYC!!!

Well, girls - I'm just glad it is friday. I go back to the chiro one more time today and get the electric stimulation - hoping this will be the last time!!! Well let me get back to do doing a little work this morning - see you soon!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #302  
Princess Heather

Good morning chickies! Well I have decided not to continue with LAWL. I know I have experienced some sucess over the past months, but the longer I do this the harder it gets for me. I guess my lifestyle just doesn't fit with the program. I wanted to take a minute and thank all of you ladies for your support and for your kind words. I really have known all along I was not disciplined enough to follow any diet plan....I just really got wrapped up into believing it could/would be different with LAWL!

To all of you that can do this program....keep up the good work! Thanks again for all your support and I wish you all the best of luck!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:51 AM   #303  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

CandlePrincess- Im sorry that you have decided LAWL is not for you. I hope you can find the answers somewhere else. That doesn't mean you have to leave us. You can still stay here and post with us! I wanted to add maybe you could try just calorie counting for a while. Concentrating on good choices and staying within your calorie range. Im sure its not easy dieting with your young foster family and all. We are always here for you!

Beanie
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:53 AM   #304  
PurpleSunshine

Ditto to Beanie!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #305  

Wow Heather-Good luck, we will miss you. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Aggie-I think it is so great that you are getting involved with those kids. Sometimes children with chaotic lives can benefit so much from a stable adult that they know they can turn to. You will change their lives for providing them that.

Well I am on day 3 of the challenge and am down 1 pound. Woohoo! I am so stoked. That is 10 pounds lost! One more pound and I am in the 220's. Can't wait!

Have a stellar POP day, ladies!

Kristi
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #306  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Congrats yogagurl!! WOOOHOOO That definately deserves a little celebration. LOL

That goes for Rachelle to CONGRATS!! 9+ lbs is AWESOME.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:50 AM   #307  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Go Kristi, go Kristi, go go, go Kristi!!! Yahoo for you!

HeatherCP- Best of luck to you, and you sure don't have to leave us, do you?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #308  

Thanks everyone! Hooray for me!
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #309  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning -

I was totally POP and then I tucked into the leftover cheesy tuna casserole I made for DH. Luckily there was only about 1/2c left, dang it was good - almost licked the pan clean

ljackson - i was reading you're comment about getting used to the weight you are at and still feeling big at the new weight. I can totally relate, most of the time when I see my reflection, etc. I feel the same way I did almost 40lbs ago. How to get rid of that distorted body image???

rebecca - good luck to you on that immigration interview- how stressful
Have fun at all your events.

DF - I love steamcleaning carpets - find it very gratifying to see all that dirt come up. We live in an older house now with H/W floors - you don't see the dirt as much...but I've found dust bunnies under the bed bigger than the cat!!!

Yoga - you go girl!!!

So I am claiming 143 - I've seen it all week now.
Feel like I am only one cheat away from send the scale back upward - so I am feeling rather determined to stay on track!!

Happy Friday

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #310  
PurpleSunshine

Wow Sznn - How exciting for you!! 143 - looks like you made it stick and found some extra motivation as well!!! Whooooo hooooo!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #311  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad7775
Hey Girls:
Well, I can't feel more happy /relieved I have my IUD inserted today. I have two days late on my period and I was scared as s*** b/c I really don't want have more kids right now, first b/c Sebastian have autism and his hyperactivity and speech problem, requires a lot of my attention and also Natalia is in the terrible, terrible two's, we are looking for a house and I'm not working right now and as soon that DD start pre-k I'm going back to work, so isn't a pretty picture to have another baby, even though we take our precautions but nothing is 100% for sure in this world, anyways, if it turned out that I was pregnant you know, what can I do, only GOD is the one that gives the life...but it turns out that no and I can't be more happy that I have the IUD inserted.
Milca,
I have an autistic son too. He's ten years old. I know exactly what you mean about the attention.
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #312  
Katie

Height: 5'1

About body image- I am the same way. When I started this diet I was a size 20, and in my head, I still am. I went over to my grandma's yesterday and she told me that my uncle bought her pants that were too big, so I should try them on, and take them if they fit. I told her that there was no way her pants would fit me, they were a size medium, white summery style pants. She said (and I quote) "Katie, you get in my bedroom and try those pants on RIGHT NOW!" So I did, I mean, who wants to make grandma mad? Not me, baby. I was totally stunned. They fit. Not tight, showing off the cottage cheese butt. They fit nicely. I could not believe it. She said, "See, I knew they would fit." But in my head, I am much bigger than that. Maybe I need to go get hypnotized.

BTW, my other grandma, who thinks she is so dang funny, called me yesterday to report that there is a new birth control pill out. She says that it is 100 % effective. It is called "Noassatall".
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #313  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

heathercp- kinda in shock here. I hope you will find something that will work for you. DH is doing caloriecounting with success. Anyway, best wishes to you, your dh, and your dfs!

Steam cleaning: accomplished. It was satisfying. I just kept going over and over and over our traffic pattern until it became as light as the areas my rugs were over (you could see huge rectangles of clean against nastiniess when I moved the rugs). You can't tell where the rugs were now. I've rearranged the rugs somewhat over the bad spots (ahem, in front of dh's chair). I should have done it before, but we only have one room of steam-cleanable carpet so I didn't want to pay the pros (they all do min. 3 rooms here) and I didn't wnat to pay to rent the huge contraption or buy my own for 1 area. I finally worked up the courage to borrow my friend's (and she is moving so it was a last opportunity kinda thing for me). Anyway, this has made me feel better about my house at least. I actually live in a nice house. It is no mansion, but around here the housing market is very weird. My house is 19 y/o but it looks just like the new ones on the outside (cookie cutter 2 story brick traditional). The lady who hosted playgroup lived ina new house. It wasn't different than mine on the outside, but on the inside...what a different story. She had custom made furniture, matchy-poo-poo EVERYTHING. It was also a very sophiscated design. My house is 19 y/o so there are some dated things and the countertops all need to be replaced even in the bathrooms...my furniture is very homey...I buy all fall colors and when I was buying stuff I picked things that would work well with shabby chic. Now I just feel shabby! How do people so young have a house like that that looks professionally decorated. I thought young families weren't supposed to have EVERYTHING. I guess people could be in credit card debt I don't know about, but it makes me feel kind of inadequate that house doesn't look like a showroom. Stupid, I know...but it is just how I feel. I may treat myself to a new throw or something since my carpet looks so nice!

Mary
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:19 AM   #314  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Default Throwing your words back in your face . . .

Quote:
I do the same thing...but the longer I am on LAWL the more I find myself doing this less and less. Don't beat yourself up...just get back on the wagon and keep on working on it. I think it's such a mental thing to lose weight as well...and sometimes our biggest enemy is our own mind. So jump back on the challenge..and keep working on this....I believe we all will reach a point that this is the lifestyle we live...and we don't have desires for things that are bad for us....either food off plan, or too much on plan food! Stay strong...and we always have your back!
---posted by CandlePrincess

Okay Heather-I just can't let you quit LAWL without a fight! You've had success, you've had slip-ups . . .we all have. But I hate the way it sounds like you've given up on losing weight-period. It true that LAWL may not be the right plan for you (I think it is though)-but I don't believe that it is because you're not disciplined enough. Willpower doesn't get anyone very far. The slip-ups will teach you something in the long run-BUT ONLY IF YOU GET RIGHT BACK ON PLAN!

You started 6mos after me-at pretty much the weight i started at. You're right at the point I "almost" lost it with the plan. HANG IN THERE! It's a roller coaster ride! Ups and downs . . .but if you stay on the ride-you'll go up again. What's the alternative? Go back and read your intro posts, your bio, your reason for joining LAWL . . .is that the life you want to go back to? Tell yourself you have NO CHOICE but to succeed.

This whole post may seem harsh-but I think everyone here knows by now that I'm pretty blunt But the fact is-we are all in this together-and we don't want to leave anyone behind! If LAWL truly isn't the plan for you, that's okay--but please don't give up the fight for yourself!

We're here for you-you can share all the bad stuff-the binges, the insecurities and self-doubt. You want us to kick your butt? No problem!

Whew! Okay, I'm done! So-what are you gonna do?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:24 AM   #315  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

HeatherCP, please stick around! Do the plan or not, but we miss you when you're gone!

Kristi - WAHOO!

Katie - Gotta love it! Nice job on the pants! Your granny's birth control doesn't sound like much fun to me!

Way to go, Rachelle!

I'm going to be doing lemon water today - should have started last night, but didn't want to be up all night making pee-pee! I ate out TWICE yesterday and had a couple handfulls of sunflower seeds at baseball last night. WAAAAY too much sodium. Today is my "official" weigh day - for me anyway. I started LAWL on a Friday, so I mark every Friday as my official week - no matter what the COD has me at....
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote