Old 02-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #421  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Karen- An 1/8 of a cup is 57 calories, so I would do 1/8, then a titch more for a starch. I would request another counselor if you have the time to wait for someone else. No reason to see someone you don't click with, like Malibu Kelly (LOL). I would not do the pills. I do not the value of most of the supplements. We all have splurge meals. Good for you for getting right back on plan. Don't worry about it for a second.

Curious George was very cute. My kids loved it, laughed all the way through it. It was clean to a fault, and just really sweet. Big thumbs up here.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #422  

Default Hi there!

Hi everyone, I've lurked a few times and decided to intro myself. I'm Regina and have been on LAWL since mid-Nov '05. I've lost about 23lbs so far, with about 100 more to go. I've always seen myself as overweight, but over the last few years of being really fat, I've realized that at 5'8", 150 lbs is NOT overweight. Anyway, I love the program, and my center. The counselors are all very encouraging and never try to push product. They will mention what the weekly specials are, and sometimes suggest a product or supplement, but that's all they do. They never even ask -- "do you want to try it?" I've been in sales for years, so I know when I'm being sold, and my center definitely does not push product.

I'm having a bit of a tough time lately, so I'm doing my second TO this week. I did one a few weeks ago with success. I tried the Knudsens juice last week, but it did nothing -- I actually gained. So, I sucked it up and bought the real stuff. I hope to post fequently, I'm glad I found this forum!
reg802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #423  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Leah glad you and your husband enjoyed your time in Atlanta.

Shennie WOW size 6 I'm so envious, but you've really worked hard to get into them Congrats.

Katie Congrats on doing so well at the show I know it's hard when you really enjoy the popcorn, but great job for not having any. I used to be that way with the red licorice. Glad you like your DVD sounds like your getting a really good workout. I had to much running around to do yesterday and didn't make time to get it yet, maybe today. You have a really busy day planned have fun.

Bre I know it can be really frustrating when your clothes don't fit you like you hoped they would. You will be smaller in know time and will be there with you to help you with your goal.

Debbie congrats on your 15 lb loss. Makes it really nice that you already have smaller clothes and don't have to spend a lot of money on new ones.

HeatherCP glad to hear your having such a fun time with your DFS. Your getting a work out from all the getting up and down and running around

Mary glad you found your DVD and does sound like you also got a really good work out. Don't we all just love pain Happy your enjoying the new LAWL site, maybe when I get some extra money I will pay for their new site also.

Welcome Karen glad you found us. No I have never tired their pills. They told me about them in the beginning, but I have high BP and wouldn't dare take anything like that. I also didn't do TO for the same reason. Congrats on your loss and I think some of the people at the center forget we still have lives and aren't perfect all the time. I think we all learn to make better choices the best we can with the choices given. It will get better

Hi Regina and welcome. Glad you decided to join us we are a fun bunch and some people on here have some great suggestions that help. Sorry your having a tough time lately I do hope TO works this time for you. Just remember you have us all to chat with also and we will try and help.

I did fairly well at the dinner last night. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have veggies. I had some chicken and steak and asked for two pieces of broccoli and a piece of carrot that was in the fettuccine noodles. Didn't have the Cesar salad did decide to eat a half of roll and did have a small amount of the cheesecake with no fruit sauce on top and then had my husband move it away from me or I could have eaten the whole thing. I didn't have much to eat all day, so I hope I will be ok. I came home from church today and decided to try on a couple of things in my closet that I bought over a year ago, that still had tags on them. I was so excited I could actually button up the suit jacket now and I think I might wear it to my interview on Thurs. I then tried on this long dress that has a nice jacket over it and it fit. Both used to be way to small in my stomach area. Funny how we look at ourselves and don't think we are losing, but yet trying on clothes is the real test. It helps to keep us motivated to work harder to fit in more things. Now if my stubborn big thighs would start losing some so I could actually fit in some smaller pants it would be nice

Hope all of you have a great afternoon and evening.

Last edited by Gamababa3; 02-12-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #424  

Hello everyone!! Ksdiogi, I will be in your shoes on Tuesday. My job is throwing a party on Tuesday for all the employees who's birthday is in February and the theme this month is Italian. People have signed up to bring lasagna, baked ziti, shrimp alfredo, spaghetti, and a few more fattening dishes. They asked me to bring chicken alfredo which I agreed but I know I won't be able to have any. Any suggestions on avoiding all my pasta enemies on Tuesday??

Marbear- glad you and DH made up. My DH is driving me crazy today. It's like he thinks I am a short order cook or something. I'm fixing lunch for me and the kids and he says he's not hungry and doesn't want anything. An hour later he's like can you make an early dinner I'm hungry. I was working on homework so... trying to be nice I offer to make him something to eat. Then he says never mind I'll pick up something when I go out. Then he has the nerve to come back home and ask why haven't I cooked anything yet because he's hungry? I felt like I was having Deja Vu or something.

Congrats sheenie on getting into those size 6's. I'm trying to squeeze into an 8. Hopefully the scales will be nice to me this week.

Barb congrats on getting into that suit, good luck at your interview on Thursday.

To all the new ladies: Welcome to LAWL!!
Tee625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #425  
My 3 grandkids & myself

WOW Tea your really brave for agreeing to bring some chicken alfredo that you can't even have. You can save some starches to have some of the noodles and maybe you can make yours dish a little on the healthier side and save some chicken out of the side for you. I'm going to attempt to make the Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto recipe that some one posted tonight. Maybe you can check it out and make that instead and it counts for PFVV. Good luck as potlucks can be a little overwhelming at times. The past couple I've gone to I mostly ate what I brought, because I new it was healthy and then I had some salad. Thanks for the congrats.

I went to Wal-mart and was surprised they didn't have the BL DVD at mine either. Guess I'll have to buy it on line. They closed our K-mart last year.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:36 PM   #426  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Thanks Mary I see the tab on top now. Goes to show you how much I check anything else on this site. I wish for you and your family your M/C would complete it self also. That has to totally suck does the bleeding stop once the M/C is complete? Glad it is just the test that shows a false positive and that you don't have aids. I know that has to be a big pain to deal with though. Hope your body gets back to normal soon.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:38 PM   #427  
My 3 grandkids & myself

I know when it's just my monthly I don't and won't exercise anyway. You should give your body a rest. As I've gotten older it just has gotten worse and exercise of any sort just keeps it lasting longer and much heavier. It was very interesting making it through choir today and all the standing

Last edited by Gamababa3; 02-12-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #428  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Didn't think of it that way, your right guess in your situation it would make thinks come out much faster. Now go get off that couch and exercise
Old 02-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #429  

Mary, I am so sorry that the M/C has caused you so many problems and is still dragging on. I have learned a lot from reading your posts. I have known many people who have had miscarriages, but none of my close friends who would have shared the physical details. I'm glad to know what is involved, so that now I can be more understanding of what a miscarriage actually involves.
I pray you will be better soon!
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #430  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Okay, I am hiding in my bedroom, hiding from pizza. We went to pizza hut for MIL's birthday. I did so great, totally OP all day. Now we are home with the leftovers, and DH and the kids are pigging out in kitchen. I can't even look at it. I want some, but I don't, you know. I ate my last fruit, a bowl of berries, now I am sequestered in here in all of the pizza is gone. Good, DH just came in and said that it is gone. Whew, that was a close one. What would I do without you guys?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #431  

Mary- I just can't imagine what you must be going through. You are a strong woman!! Hopefully things will get better for you soon.

Katie- I knew you can beat the pizza monster!!

Gama- Congrats on the new(old) clothes fitting. It feels so good huh?!?

Today was such a lazy day. I did not do anything productive most of the day. I finally drug myself to the grocery store to stock up on some veggies. I had boredom hunger and had all my food but 1P/1S/1V used up by 1:00 so I had to tough it out the rest of the day. I was NOT going to cave and be bad. I really wanted to though.
Have a good night ladies, see you all tomorrow.
Debster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:00 AM   #432  

Hello
I am having a dilema, I am out of my pd weeks, I have lost 33 lbs however I did not lose enough to hit my goal thru COD. Do you think that you can do this program on your own, I have been doing it with the center since Sept. So I think that I have the program down. They told me that I could buy more weeks, but in order to lose enough to hit my goal I would have to lose 24 lbs in 4 weeks. Does anybody on here do it on their own? and do you think it works just the same?
missmysoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:08 AM   #433  

missmysoldier-there are a few people on here that do the program on their own and from the stats, they are doing great. As long as you know the routine, I would say GO FOR IT. Great job on your 33 lb. loss already!!
Debbie
Debster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:14 AM   #434  

Debbie
Thank you for your input.
Kathy
missmysoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:27 AM   #435  

Default weekends sucks

hi everyone!

i am so proud of those of you who can throw out ice-cream and avoid pizza. i had a horrible weekend. i ended having the toppings of 3 slices of little ceaser's pizza last night....a friend was over for dinner but DH and him wanted midnight snacks. i steamed some broccoli but could not resist the pizza.

today, i had 3 dollar sized chocolate pancakes....they were sooooooo good! i counted it as one starch... and the rest of the day went okay but i had about five pieces of FF candy and was really hungry before dinner (had to wait for the salmon to bake) and had 10 goldfish crackers. right now, i dont know why, but i feel really crummy. i guess i am just really disappointed in myself.

its my first weekend, and i am just mad at myself right now. i cannot believe that i am already "cheating!"

mujiboston is offline   Reply With Quote