Old 02-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #271  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmerKim
One of the reasons I wanted to lose weight was just to look better in pictures - aside from all the healthy stuff, good role model for my kids....etc... I still wanted to LOOK good in casual photographs. I always hated the way I looked.

DH was snapping pics at DSs 6th bday last weekend, and of course I look to find the ones that I'm in and I was HAPPY!!!!

And today I went to eddie bauer and fit into a size 6 easily! Yet for some reason, I still feel fat and these last 5 lbs are hovering over me.

I think it's b/c of all my flab - I hate that "hangover fat" that happens with lower rise jeans. Yet if I go to a bigger size, they are too big. Does that makes sense? And I'm not wearing the super low stuff, just jeans that are right at/below my belly button. When I went last week to my anual OB appt, she said that after 3 kids 4 1/2 years, and a 40 lb weight loss, there will definitely be some flab and give it TIME......
Time and exercise, have you tried pilates?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:09 PM   #272  

Nope - haven't tried pilates- maybe I should
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #273  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Welcome back Tina!! Back in the saddle again.....

Bernadette- You and I are both in an epic battle to break into the 170's. GL chickie!

Where is Carmen? She is not still out of town, is she? Big shout out to some of our MIA friends Bre, Sy, Star, Beanie, Andi, Deets, if your are lurking, we miss you guys!!

I am trying to get back to that brand new feeling that I had when I first started LAWL, and wild horses could not have made me cheat. Why did I sign up in the first place? Well, I can be honest. It was all about looks. Health, too, you know, but mainly looks. I want to go buy langerie and not feel ridiculous. I want to be able to wear clothes from any store in the mall. I want to go swimming without a big T shirt over my suit. I want to mow the lawn in shorts and a bikini top. I want to weigh less than my Great Danes. I want to go to my high school reunion this summer and hear people say, "You haven't changed a bit!" Can I do this? You bet! Sometimes it just helps me to remember why I started this in the first place. What do you all want?
Katie,
I needed to hear that motivation!!!
As I was helping my daughter's cheerleading squad tonight, I did not like the image reflecting back in the mirror (aerobics room mirrors) I have got to do this!!!!!!!!!!

Do y'all ever watch Rachael Ray (30 minute meals) She has some great quick recipes that can be modified. The only thing about her 30 min. meals is that I don't hear anybody yelling, "Mommy, she took my......." or "Mommy can you help me......." "Milk, Milk, milk....."
"Mommy, can I have a snack?"
With all the activity going on in my kitchen, I can't do it in 30 min.

Last edited by Leah AU mom; 02-08-2006 at 02:37 AM.
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #274  
Monic

Hello Ladies how have you all been? I'm making this quick since I have to get up really early in the morn but...I went to the cOD and I am down 1 more...just wanted to let you all know. Hope you all doing good...be back later...
WTG to all those losers!!!!

LA'smostDETERMINED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:07 AM   #275  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA'smostDETERMINED
Hello Ladies how have you all been? I'm making this quick since I have to get up really early in the morn but...I went to the cOD and I am down 1 more...just wanted to let you all know. Hope you all doing good...be back later...
WTG to all those losers!!!!

Good Job Moneek!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:11 AM   #276  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmerKim
One of the reasons I wanted to lose weight was just to look better in pictures - aside from all the healthy stuff, good role model for my kids....etc... I still wanted to LOOK good in casual photographs. I always hated the way I looked.

DH was snapping pics at DSs 6th bday last weekend, and of course I look to find the ones that I'm in and I was HAPPY!!!!

And today I went to eddie bauer and fit into a size 6 easily! Yet for some reason, I still feel fat and these last 5 lbs are hovering over me.

I think it's b/c of all my flab - I hate that "hangover fat" that happens with lower rise jeans. Yet if I go to a bigger size, they are too big. Does that makes sense? And I'm not wearing the super low stuff, just jeans that are right at/below my belly button. When I went last week to my anual OB appt, she said that after 3 kids 4 1/2 years, and a 40 lb weight loss, there will definitely be some flab and give it TIME......
I hate the hangover pudge!!!
Have you seen the Saturday Night Live skit for "mom jeans" where the waist comes way above the belly button???? It's so funny Maybe I need some "mom jeans" so my pudge won't squish over the low rise waist....Okay, maybe not!! I can't do the high waist
Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 AM   #277  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

that skit kills me--then I think--"wait maybe that's me!!" Not there yet but was sure feeling like it. Did anyone see the View when they had jeans for every body? I want to go at least try the "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" just to see if you really look a size smaller. When I first started a lot of people said 10 pounds is a size but apparently not for me. My clothes are looser but I don't think I can actually go down a size and I am afraid I'll get my feelings hurt if I try! Everyone have a great--be good to your diet but more important to yourselves! So glad we can go through the ups and downs with "buddies". You guys are all sooooo supportive.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #278  
PurpleSunshine

Good Morning my Chickies!!!

I don't have alot of time this morning - I have a meeting at 9 that will last - WHo knows how long?? I just hope they don't cater lunch - they did ask me what would be good if they had too though - so that was nice. I said - just make sure you have salad and fruit - that will be the best thing if nothing else.....

I wanted to tell you ladies that I weighed in this morning with the girls at work!! I was expecting about 1 lb b/c my scale at home hasn't moved too much since last week. But to my amazement - I was down 2 lbs on the scale at work!!! I was sooooo excited!! Only 1.5 lbs to go - I think I can I think I can I think I can!!!!

I will catch up and post later when I return back to my desk - hope you chickies have a wonderful POP day!!!

Heather
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #279  

Heather - WAY TO GO, GIRLFRIEND!!! That is awesome -- keep up the good work.

LOL on the whole pants thing. I am having the same dilemma myself. I don't want above-waist jeans, but in the low rise ones I have the "cupcake" look going. I think I am going to get a fitted camisole or tank top and try wearing that underneath my shirt to see if it sucks in my gut a little better. There has to be a happy medium -- lower rise, but not SNL "Mom" jeans. Help fashion designers!!!

I started adding weights to my workout today. I think tomorrow I am going to be crying with how sore I will be. I can run for days on end, but weights just kill me.

Good luck today, chickies, hope you all are POP!!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #280  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
that skit kills me--then I think--"wait maybe that's me!!" Not there yet but was sure feeling like it. Did anyone see the View when they had jeans for every body? I want to go at least try the "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" just to see if you really look a size smaller. When I first started a lot of people said 10 pounds is a size but apparently not for me. My clothes are looser but I don't think I can actually go down a size and I am afraid I'll get my feelings hurt if I try! Everyone have a great--be good to your diet but more important to yourselves! So glad we can go through the ups and downs with "buddies". You guys are all sooooo supportive.

Boo, I have found for me that 12-15 pounds is actually a size down. I was hopeful at my first 10 lb loss, but it didn't actually happen until I hit about 15 pounds. Hang in there -- you can and will do it!!!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:03 AM   #281  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Default Why I want to lose weight ...

Of course the ultimate reason I want to lose weight is to be healthy and live longer for my children.

But my motivators?
* I, too, want to shop in regular department stores and be able to find my sizes on the racks!
* I want to shop with my friends and not be too embarrassed to tell them my size so they can help me find clothes... and I don't want to be too embarrassed to try anything on!
* I want to look great in photographs too! I remember a time when I looked cute, no matter what I was wearing.
* I want to get back into the outdoor stuff DH and I used to do with friends ... camping, hiking, canoeing ... and not be too embarrassed because I'm afraid my canoe will be too low to the ground.
* I want to wear cute clothes that I don't have to pay $50 for a shirt.
* I want to dress sexy for my DH -- and not be embarrassed to undress in front of him.
* I want to be the one everyone says, "she is so pretty/cute/etc.!" about. And not the one everyone says, "she has such a pretty face!" about.
* I want to not dread going to the doctor -- only because I don't want to get on the scale (LAWL is helping me get there with these 3 x's weekly weigh ins!).
* I want to not dread plane rides .. because I'm afraid I'll have to ask for an extension; and because I'm afraid the person next to me will dread sitting next to me due to my size.

That being said, I will be weighing in over lunch today. I'm not looking that forward to it, because I think I am retaining some water. It's not TOM, but my rings are a little tighter today. I have been drinking LOTS AND LOTS of water, and I'm really not sure WHY I'm retaining the water.

My hope for today is that I will at least maintain, but I'm nervous it will show a gain. *sigh* Despite being pretty much POP. But I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I'll post my results after lunch.

Well, good luck to all the rest of you who are WI today!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #282  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Erin- Loved your goals!! GL at weigh in!

We call that extra jeans roll a dunlop, because it "Done lops over your belt!" I don't know why. I have a solution, however. I bought a girdle. It is just a tummy flattener, fastens with a dozen or so hook and eyes, and works pretty good. Of course it is not an everyday accessory, but for times that really count, I wear it. That and a push up bra. I always think you look thinner if your boobs poke out farther than your belly. Anyhow, mine is white and satiny. I bought it at Walmart for about $10.

Heather- WTG on the loss!! You are doing really well.

Mary- Funny dream. It seems like everytime I go to town all frumped out, I run into and old boyfriend or nemesis from high school, and regret it.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #283  

Katie and all I did it WI today 179

Dont have time to read have to take DD to school. Be back soon!

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:42 AM   #284  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

I love that SNL skit too. Did you know that over-the-waist-of-your-jeans pudge has a true fashion name? It's called a muffin top! All the fashion mags have refered to it at one time or another. I think only guys get the dunlop!

I am off to WI again this am. My scales say down, but we'll see. It's kinda like getting your drivers licsense photo taken. You hope it will be good, but brace for the worst!

I crashed at McD. last night. My kids' school was having McTeachers night as a fundraiser (the teachers all go and work there and a portion of the sales go to the school). I planned for it, and was ready to have a plain hamburger & apple dippers minus the dip - simply because I'd been craving one - I know salad would have been a better choice, but bleccchhhh - there's only so much lettuce a girl can eat in a day! Of course, the place was a zoo, and my order was wrong. (side note: when oh when am I going to learn to check these things BEFORE I leave the building! ) I ended up with a double CHEESEBURGER. GRRRRRRR. I tried to fix it, scrape the cheese off, etc.... but of course it was way melted and stuck to the burger, the bun, the wrapper.... I got mad and shoved the thing back down in the sack, where I should have left it. But no...... that darn willpower got the better of me. I guess I damage no one but myself. On a positive note, DS was very helpful, in his 9 year old way. He told me that it wouldn't matter, because the stomach digests 3 lbs of food every 2 hours, plus another pound while we sleep, so I would be ok! I like his way of thinking, even if it isn't entirely accurate!

Last edited by hkychik; 02-08-2006 at 11:47 AM.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #285  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lori, That is funny about DS. Don't fret about the burger. Just make sure that today is POP!!

Bernadette- WOW!!! WTG, chickie! A new decade for you.

Carmen- Are you out there? I am starting to worry about you, girlfriend.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote