Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #676  
266.7/186.8/145

busy board, busy board....mornin ladies!

Everyone seems to be on a mainly positive kick lately, wtg!

I skipped WI on Saturday because I wanted to play soccer, so I went last night for my reg Tues WI. I was there last Thursday and was up a lb (198) because of TOM and had that horrible COD conselor - Inga. I am happy to say that I got on the scale last night and came in at 196.4, therefore finally reaching the 70lb loss mark for the first time!! Must have been the paintball game on sunday...hee hee.

I felt so great that when I went to to pick up my daily herbal Iced Tea from Starbucks, my little coffee boy was just getting off work and changing clothes, came out of the backroom in his undershirt tank top - I actually told him he looked better without a shirt on! Of course, I am still too chicken to ask him out. He laughed and winked at me, pulled on my shirt sleeve and said he liked my tshirt, but I still chickened out. One of these days....

Hope everyone is having a grand day!! Make it count always!
Old 06-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #677  

AAAAH Ruby you're killing me! Ask him out already! It's easy - "are you doing anything on Friday?" - worked like a charm on my DH! Or steal a line from The Incredibles: "I like movies, I'll buy the popcorn!"

ETA: sometimes I miss being single...nah, I just miss flirting.

Fiona
Old 06-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #678  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh, ask him out!!!!!...
Old 06-29-2005, 03:31 PM   #679  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Im in a chatty mood today if ya couldnt tell!!!!!! So when i complete a little task here at work i take a little break and stop by.

~Linda
Yes you will probably gainbut guess what thats OK. You know why you are going to gain! I did the same thing over the weekend. I went in monday for WI had a 2.25 lb gain and today went back in after being OP for the past two days and was down 2.75 lbs i was happy with that! So jump back OP and I know you can do it.

~Debi
LOL I wish God would do that for all of us!!!!

~Ruby
WTG girl nice loss!!!! LOL i am loving these coffee boy stories!!!! You need to be like Nike JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Fiona
HAHA love the reference to the Incredibles. Being single isnt all that but isnt all bad either. However Im looking forward to the day im not!

~Michele
I have to agree with you Ruby needs to ask him out.....Come on Ruby what are you waiting on?

Ok back to work

Britt
Old 06-29-2005, 03:37 PM   #680  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Ruby,

I hate lines, just go for the gusto, tell him he's a hottie and life is too short to not enjoy the only time around we get (sorry Shirley McClaine). Just let him know a guys gotta eat and invite him to a bbq.

debi
Old 06-29-2005, 03:38 PM   #681  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

P.S.
I'm a married chick, who got her hubby by telling him he had the worlds greatest smile.. He does!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #682  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

My DH came into the place I was working and looked at me and said "Hi Honey, I'm home...What an ice breaker (of course we were flirting before that) but it worked. We haven't been apart since and that was 12 years ago...
Old 06-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #683  

Afternoon, I see we have more chicks on now....

Went to WI at the COD and if I weren't being so dang positive today I would of had a The bad scale said I gaine 6 ozs which with the 4 ozs I gained on Monday totals one pound. so the counselor suggested that I start to weigh my food again, she doesnt think I'm getting enuf food. Isn't that silly, it's either too much or too little I mean it's not like I'm eating ice cream, cake, french fries, pizza and whatever else I would like to eat

Thank goodness I have been reminded about being positive becuz I'm looking forward to coming back from vacation and being 100% POP, which includes weighing my portions. Also let me repeat, while on vaction I will be almost like in my food choices. That is what I'm giving myself for vacation

Ruby - You are too good - iced tea at Starbucks My way of dealing with SB's is to avoid it altogether. About java boy There's two ways to handle that: 1/ Ask him out, keep in mind that if it doesn't work out you may lose your SB's location. 2/ Don't ask him out and just know that every morning your SB's stop will put a on your face.
Congrats on being down

Linda - Those mini trips or 'life happens' events are so hard. But we all have to face them. You went, you ate, you probably gained - now your back - you'll lose it. It takes many 'life happens' events for us to learn how to handle them (if we decide to). Just remember, no matter what the scale says when we WI the counselors have always seen worse

Hi to eveyone else - later
Oh yeah - another positive thing - I'm positive I'm not messing with my ticker becuz this pound is just a short lived thing and not worth the trouble
Old 06-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #684  

One more thing to share.....

At my COD LA Lites are sale right now:

40 boxes - #339
20 Boses - $179
10 Boxes - 100

Also I am using my $25 coupon for going in to COD so many times in June (but it says right on the coupon you can't use it for Lites, Mgr over-ruled that for me )

Thought this might help some of you. And I don't know who was saying how much sugar the lites have. Anyhow I just could not do the plan without the Lites, giving up chocolate would be too painful for me. They might be the only thing that keeps me on plan.......
Old 06-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #685  
266.7/186.8/145

You guys are killin me!

Fiona - thanks for the movie tip, that one might work

Mitchypoo - you need to be with my right before I go in, so you can kick me in the pants

Britt - thanks, its always nice to see that scale go down, and I am workin on it

Debi - I am pretty sure he saw my tongue hanging out of my mouth at the sight of him in his undershirt...no line needed! hee hee

RWF - See that is the thing, if he broke the ice that way, I would respond....I am just too chicken to ask him myself...cluck cluck

Star - going into Starbucks every afternoon makes me not miss it so much Plus they have this Passion tea there that is soooo good. And it is herbal, but you have to tell them you want it unsweetened to make it a Freebie. And I have thought about scenario #1, but it is kosher because I have roughly 4 SB's in close proximity to my house. I just have to get up the moxie to do it. About the 1lb, don't sweat it.....when I was up from TOM last week I didn't mess with my ticker either. It will go away soon enough.

Thanks for all the advice ladies, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for me to get off my duff
Old 06-29-2005, 04:33 PM   #686  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Ruby- You have to ask him out and let us know how it goes. I'm a married chick and miss the flirting too. So I would love to hear some more about this guy. Congrats on hitting the 70 pound mark. That's amazing. Woohoo!

I always get a Venti black Ice tea with 2 splenda's. love it and it makes me feel like I'm treating myself.

Julie- Thanks for checking out the blog. I wish I would have started in ealier, but it's better late than never.

I'm gonna miss you guys when you go on vacation. Seems like everyone is going all at once. I'm going to be gone July 24th through the 31st. I'm sure it will be impossible to catch up when I get back.

Cindy & Debi- I'm enjoying reading your posts about the Portland area. I'm right over here in Vancouver. It is a nice day today. I don't know if it's hit 80, but it feels great. Anything is better than the rain.

Well today is day 3 of stabiliztion. The first day I didn't add the extra dairy in. I did better yesterday and hope to do well today. I also keep only getting 2 fruits in instead of 3. It's gonna be hard when I have to have 4 fruits. Talk to you chicks soon.

Mandy
Old 06-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #687  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Ruby~I peeked at your profile and girl, you are gorgeous!!....you don't need a kick in the pants from me...he'd be lucky if you asked him...I think you should do it ....
Old 06-29-2005, 04:51 PM   #688  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ruby...Why don't you just walk into SB and look at him and say Hi Honey I'm home...He'll probably get a kick out of it.. That would be a good thing to say especially if you go there alot..
Old 06-29-2005, 05:10 PM   #689  
266.7/186.8/145

Mandy - I am sooooo bad at flirting...I think I am missing a chromosome or something....lol! Thanks for the congrats....isn't it funny how we never thought we would make things happen for ourselves, yet our successes are astounding?? You look great btw! I am hoping to get there, only 50 and some change to go And SB's iced tea is fantastic as a freebie....love em!

Mitchypoo - you are sweet, I look like a ragamuffin....but it isn't my looks that hold me back, it is the innertube I still have goin.....I used to be so fearless in my youth, even when I was much larger....but now I am a wus.

RWF - I go in there pretty much every day, and I think I might borrow your line, that might just be perfect!! I could smooch ya!
Old 06-29-2005, 05:10 PM   #690  

You chickies are too much!

Ruby - I don't know you very well (yet) - truthfully, I think flirting is as good for the guys as it is for us -- (BTW, chickies, I got called 'fascinating' while in England - true he was married, but it was a nice evening! Not sure if it was really a compliment now that I'm thinking about it)

but -- if you want to make a move, it's a decision to change things -- always REALLY scary in the male/female relationships -- and sometimes the fantasy is better than the reality --

enough philosphy huh??

Hugs,
Julie
Closed Thread