Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #31  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Carmen, I have had about 4 oz of water today, thanks for the reminder. I've gotten to the point where i'm having a 2nd cup of coffee in the a.m. and it's throwing me off, i'm going to stop that starting tomorrow. And only 1 diet soda a day too. And I need to start journaling again. How come it's so hard to keep it up? I know what i need to do....why am i not?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:09 PM   #32  
217/177.8/150ish

Well I just got back from WI, I gained that same 1/2 pound back ITs a new day and a new plan though. This Girl said she thought from the very begining that I should be on the blue plan so she wants me to try it.. Take off for the next 2 days then back to the blue... They did call the nutrisionist and left a message friday, she still hasn't gotten back to them so we switched anyway.. Its only a 1/2 a protien and 1 startch more, and she said she had to go to it get hers moving...so i'll try it..

Star there is NO going off plan Im determined to let the thin chick out.. Im hoping posting on here and chating with you all will help me that much more..

Julie I am exercising, I do oxycise and bodyflex and walk on the treadmill when I get off my rear and do it.. I need to lose 50lbs to hit my first goal and then if I can get there another 20 after that... But at this point Id be happy with 11 pounds and getting under that 200 mark.

The good news although the scale hates me I asked them at the center what my measurements were and it seems Ive lost inches... 1 off the bust 5 off waist 1 off hips and 1.5 off my belly B area So somethings working, it must be all that heavy breathing im doing..

Thanks everyone for replying hopefully I can start saying im a loser like all of you

Last edited by buttonsinabox; 05-02-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #33  

Question

HI all.

Karen/metalchic, I was wondering how long its taking you to get to the point your at.. YOur doing greatttttttt and I want to loose almost the same amt. of weight. just curious

thanks,
Monique
Old 05-02-2005, 02:31 PM   #34  

Default hI

Hi Chicks

I should be working BUT there is more comfort here with you all

Julie - Good tips to Beth I was thinking maybe we should tell Beth about the 'nutrisionist' on call. Beth, we have an inside joke about the 'nutrisionist' they have. The counslors always have to put a call into her/him and it takes days for the 'nutrisionist' to get back with the magical answers. Since we post here from all over the US, we assume they are talking about the same one 'nutrisionist' We picture her/him laying on the sofa, eating chips, watching soap operas in pj's When he/she gets a call from a COD they get on the internet and research for an answer......then call back the COD and give them the magic answer for us (Other chicks correct me if I'm wrong).

Hey Beth, check out one of other threads under LAWL called the Exercise Yard, some of post workout stuff on there.

Carmen - Thanks for the H2o reminder, you aren't last - that would probably be me - I'm on my second half of 64....gulp........HI Michele - is that you swimming by?????????

Bye Chicks...........
Old 05-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #35  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

'Tis me! Hi Star!
Old 05-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #36  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Michele - you know its weird about the coffee. For me, its an appetite suppressant. I find that whenever I have lapses (where I go DAYS without being OP), its when I have not had coffee. All I would ever drink is just one cup a day, but it seems to take away cravings. Diet cola doesn't do that, neither does tea...just the coffee.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #37  

Hey Text and Britty thanks for the kind words. No there is no where to order out, and My FI has all the cash. What had upset me the most was he immediately got all "you didnt' bring your lunch that isn't my problem" onme and my bosses were more concerned about me having lunch than he was. They offered to run our for me but not having the cash on me I thanked them and said it was ok.
The other thing was Saturday afternoon he wanted to go out to lunch to Applebee's they didnt have the stuff listed in the guide so I opted to get a small veggie thingy,and a half of a salad. His remark was "can't you just get one or the other". He didnt' want me eating a huge lunch, and spending the money on lunch. We had a party to go that night, and I knew the food wasn't going to be LAWL safe so I figured if I ate a bigger lunch I wouldn't be as hungry by the time dinner came around. I didn't have breakfast that morning either b/c we had so much stuff to do. So I got a salad at Applebee's and of course got to the dinner saturday night, and we had a salad...Chicken Parm, Chicken Alfredo, and Baked Zitti... on the LAWL plan..I was so mad..if I had eaten what I wanted at Lunch I would have been full and not STARVING at dinner time..which I was, and because I was I went totally OP b/c I was starting to get the shakes, and just feel out of it.

Last edited by Irishgirl; 05-02-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:07 PM   #38  

Height: 5' 4"

Irish: All men can be insensitive jerks.... Just go ahead and cry, let it out girl. Maybe it will make him feel BAD ... usually works for me Anyway, my FI was an insensitive jerk all weekend! I growled back though.... Acutally, I think my throat is scratchy due to all the yelling I was doing....

Monique: Welcome to the forum! I have been doing this since April 4, 2004. Mandy on here has been on the program about a week longer than I and is in about the same loss range as I am. If you want to loose alot of weight, like myself, it will take awhile to get it all off. There will be days, weeks, when it seems like you don't lose much or at all. Sometimes you actually gain a little, especially at TOM. It is frustrating at times. I've actually have been below 150lbs for a couple of months. The last bit is being a pain to get off. I can wear 8s again. I haven't been able to wear an 8 since before I was pregnant with my second child. I'm loving it.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:12 PM   #39  

Height: 5' 4"

Irish: if you go to a restaurant and they don't have what is listed on the guide, look for grilled chicken or seafood and get salad or steamed vegetables to go with it. I know how frustrating it can be. I went to Ruby Tuesdays shortly after I started and had my meal all planned out before I got there and they had changed their menus completely. I had to improvise, but I was so upset and it took me awhile to get a plan. Now I don't have problems like that anymore. As far as your FI, he doesn't understand and he is being a turd.....
Old 05-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #40  

Default Fancy Pants...

Michele,

Hi Chickie - Let me tell you right now, I'm quite jealous of your name......I wish I knew that much about this computer Hum, come to think of it I was never that swift with a typewriter either......back in the days of carbon paper......

Speaking of coffee, when I was in CA I finally found out what all the fuss is over Starbucks I came back home, near addicted to Lite Mocha Frappachino no whip......
Old 05-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #41  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Irish - my advice to you about your DF is to either confront him or be prepared to ignore his behavior. Crying does help, but when you're done, my suggestion would be to point out how insensitive he is being to you right now. Its a problem b/c you seem to be very upset.

Either that or you could pull out your 'crazy' card. Mine works like a charm.

Star - Yes... Starbucks coffee is amazing. I think they must put crack in it or something.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #42  

Hi again, chickies -

Irish- Men can be such jerks some times - they want us to be skinny, but don't understand the work that it takes --- it does take time to get in the LAWL scheme of things, but if you can try to keep a stash of stuff at work - keep the small pitas, and cheese, yogurt, a couple of lites, and if you have access to a freezer, some LCs. . .I used to keep apples in my desk drawer, and a package of cheese in the fridge - this was pre LAWL (on WW), but I used to work in the city, and the only place to eat didn't always have the best choices for me, or I didn't know how many points something had in it.

Carmen -coffee works that way for me, too - I am trying really hard to get in my water, too - why is that? Maybe I'm just bored with it? BTW, how are things with your son and the football?

Beth - if you do more than 3 hours of exercise a week (or five hours, depending on your counselor!) they will move you to the next higher plan - it's not intuitive, but we can go into survival mode when we are not eating enough for the activity we are doing. (This happened to Jen - she's our expert). And if your measurements are changing, you are losing fat and gaining muscle - which is what it's all about! Was that really five inches off your waist??

3n's mom/Michelle- you slipped in a post and I read right past you! Welcome to our chatty thread. . .Star is our resident trainer - she'll be able to give you really good advice about exercise - form my research - it seems that we need cardio to burn fat, but weights/strength training to build muscle - have you tried to find some workouts that do resistance training for the lower body? maybe the firm tapes already have that?

Okay, Star, I just did a cardio tape. Are you proud of me. . . as sweat drips onto the keyboard?

Julie
Old 05-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #43  
217/177.8/150ish

Star That is too funny, the sad thing is that I can actually picture that... Hmm maybe I should apply for that job!

Irishgirl Ive been married for almost 22 years, my husband is a control freak with the money and everything else including my weight.. Its funny he says he's not but Id say the guy bringing home a huge strawberry creme filled layered cake when he sees that Im trying to lose weight is trying to conrtol my weight... Anyway its true all guys can be jerks you just have to put your foot down and not let him decide how and what you will eat..

Julie YES that was really 5 inches off my waist... that tells you how fat I am... I think its the deep breathing that Im doing.. I seem to be an upside down pear, Ive gained all of my weight right in the middle. Your right about the weight I don't care what I weigh as long as I look and feel good!

Last edited by buttonsinabox; 05-02-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #44  

Default Way to Go......

Julie - I knew you couldn't stay away long It's if you do more than '5' hours, not 3 - you go to the next higher plan level.....

Irish - My advice is to stand your ground, don't let him treat you bad now, becuz it will only get worse......here's what you do or the nicer approach is to be nice and discuss it in a very serious way......
My DH is so non-confrontational it's not funny, he would do anything to avoid harsh words - got to love him It takes time to get a man right where you want him...... Just remember Chicks Rule.....

Carmen - yes the Starbucks, I think they told me that drink I splurged on in CA was 180 calories....... The same calories as a Lite.

Beth, I'm glad I shared about the 'nutrionist' with you so that when they tell you they haven't had a return call yet, you can just

later chickees....
Old 05-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #45  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Star, don't be jealous, i'm just fortunate to have a very dear online friend who had that made for me! Isn't that cool!!! She made me another one, want to see? Check it out

I could never figure out how to do that myself... (sorry for the overkill of graphics in the post...)
Closed Thread