Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:07 AM   #76  

Good morning!

Way cool Star! Thank you...it worked! (the ticker)

Karen - I think she noted I refused the lites and figures I won't buy anything. I have watched her go and look at the list, go and get out other charts, and if my name is the one up, she tends to walk back to her desk. But that's okay...the effort she put into my one meeting with her was about 2 minutes and no counseling of any sort.

Thanks Julie. We have been trying to deal with an inept title person. She had this great idea I could walk into a First American Title office, ask for the form I needed, have them fill it out and notarize it and then FedEx it down. F.AM Title looked totally confused and said they couldn't do the form for a property they knew nothing about and especially since the house is in CA and I am in OR. The part that ticked me off was taking an hour from work, driving 30 miles RT to take care of this and then having it be all in vain. Soooo...the game plan is for the form to be faxed to me, me to sign and get it notarized and then FedEx it....but no one has considered I have to work in all of this. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be taken care of!

Okay...it's that time to shuffle off to work! Have great OP days all!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:14 AM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonsinabox
Hi,
Im about 4 weeks into LAWL. Ive been lurking on here reading your posts for about that long as well.. I have a question if you don't mind. Have any of you lost weight in your first week and then nothing after that??? I lost 5lbs the first week and thats where I still sit.. I went up 3 then down 2.6 the up then down but Im still at that same 5. The girls at the center can't figure out why, all they say is to keep changing up. :/ and to drink lemon water.. So if you did get stuck did you do anything to get past it or just ride it out??

Thanks
Beth
I am into my third week, and my weight has been ok so far. I started on April 14th and was 191. This Thursday starts my third week, and I am down to 184.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashnvictm
Just checking in! Finished my first month on LAWL and I've lost 13 pounds so far! 27 more to go...just sitting here eating my last fruit for the day. Thank goodness for sugarfree applesauce! LOL
I hope to have lost 13 lbs in my first month although I am only going into my third week, and have lost a total of 6 lbs.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:15 AM   #78  
217/177.8/150ish

well its take off day 1 today and I hope the chick at the center was right.. she said 2 oz of protien all day so to eat 2oz for each meal. Does that sound right to you all??
Old 05-03-2005, 10:22 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chklithunder
Irish - Here's what you do... The next time he wants to act up, send him down to live with the crazy dirty crooked ignorant neighbor!

I could never do that that is to mean.....

He is fine now like I said ...he realized he was wrong, and made up for it last night...even took me to Dinner ;-)

Speaking of Dinner, did anyone else here realize that Friendly's has changed their Entire menu!!! :Shrug:

They didn't have any of the dishes my plan called for so I improvised.

They now allow you to substitute a Garden Burger for any hamburger. So that is what I did, I got the Bacon, Swiss, Mushroom Burger, asked them to switch the hamburger for the Garden Burger didn't eat the roll, Gave my FI my Bacon, and just ate a little of the cheese, Instead of french Fries I ordered a Side Salad, A side of Broc, and Cottage Cheese, and they now have Fat Free Sugar Free Ice Cream, and Sugar Free Hot Fudge. I didn't get that But I did get a small kids sized Milkshake made out of the Fat Free Sugar Free Soft Serve...YUMMMMY

Last edited by Irishgirl; 05-03-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:26 AM   #80  

Height: 5' 4"

WB Karen!

Cathy, I don't buy anything from them. Sometimes, they may ask "Do you need anything?"; but other than that I don't get pressured or ignored. I have never ate the LA Lites, yuck! I'm not a chocolate lover at all, never have been; people say I'm strange.

Buttons, I have never did the Take Off; I have no idea how it works.

Last day of class
Old 05-03-2005, 10:36 AM   #81  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Melissa, i didn't buy the LA Lites, but then i told them the next week (after i found this lovely group and learned about the Luna's) that i bought the bars off the internet. They assumed they were LA Lite's and i didn't correct them. I just told them that they were too expensive to buy from them. If enough of us keep saying that, maybe they'll listen. I buy Luna's from amazon and get them on sale which works out to about .66 each. It's worth a look. And i like them, they are a treat, i have 2 a day.

I went for WI last night and waited almost a half hour. I dreaded WI too, because i've been OP, but i was down 2.6 from about a week ago. It showed me again that even if i'm not doing great, i've made changes. So the goal this week is journal and water. That's it, that's all i can concentrate on.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #82  

Smile finally

Good morning ladies,
I finally broke the 20lb mark , I've been going back and forth at 19lbs for a few weeks.... I weighed in today and lost 3lbs.....woohoo,
feeling great eventhough stressed to the max with school and finals..
Have a nice day,
Monique
Old 05-03-2005, 12:37 PM   #83  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone . Hello and welcome to the newbies.

I am very late making it in today, as I got a call from the principal at my DSs school. Turns out he has been suspended for 3 days for fighting. I am about at my wits end. Its always something. Things like this make you feel like a failure as a parent. I mean really, where did I go wrong???

Yesterday was a good day for me. I was POP 100% for the first time in what felt like ages. Shooting for a repeat today. I am so stressed out though that I do not have an appetite, plus I have a headache. My boss is kinda angry with me for missing work this A.M., so I have that to deal with as well... CALGON...TAKE ME AWAY!!!

Julie - I think you asked a bit ago about my DS and football. Well, I picked up a physical form for his doctor to fill out. I am not sure if she will okay him to play, since he had that major asthma attack a few weeks back. I will see what she says.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #84  

Hi chickies - I'm back again.

Well, I was up somewhere between 2 and 3 today - I know I'm still recovering from my weekend, and TOM (I'm counting the minutes. . .)

My center has a new manager, she's very low key, I had her today. Did get the supplement question - told her point blank that I couldn't afford them. Picked up a box of the caramel lites- I swear they are heavier.

Carmen - I've read about studies done that atheletics help with asthma. . .Sorry about your DS and school - sometimes it has nothing to do with you - I'm convinced that there is a lot of luck in parenting - if your kids meet the right or wrong person at a crucial time in their lives.

Monique - WTG on that 20 pound marker. Each of those five pound babies is a big celebration to me.

Michelle - I love the queen bee. And I also love that those little changes really work - thanks for reminding me. . .

Buttons (Beth, right?) - are you just starting the program? If so, they may have changed TO - it used to be all the protein you wanted, and green veg, and juice. The version you are talking about has the lites (2 a day) and 6 oz of protein and green veg. I find it to be a good plateau buster (I may do it next week!)

Karen/RWF - glad to see you back - you remind me that those quick gains are water weight. . Hope you had a blast!

Irish - they took all our Friendly's away - I love their ice cream, and their tuna melts. . .sounds like you made pretty good choices. How did you count your shake? I am glad that your DF came to his senses!

Karen/ Metalchick - I am with you - I like sweets, but not on a daily basis, and certainly not chocolate on a daily basis. . . I am afraid that this is a bad habit to get into! did they shift you down to gold as you got closer to goal?

Julie
Old 05-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #85  

Default Water Check

How is everyone doing today with Water????

I've had 51 ounces so far today, two of which were made with the New Crystal Light On the Goes, plus my 2 Cups of this am. One with Splenda, and Fat Free Creamer, the other just black with 1/2 packet of Sweet-N-Low.

Had a Yogurt for Breakfast, then a Banana, then had Lean Cuisine Grilled Honey Dijon Chicken with Beans, and then an Orange, and now my water...

Getting again....
Old 05-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by textjewel

Irish - they took all our Friendly's away - I love their ice cream, and their tuna melts. . .sounds like you made pretty good choices. How did you count your shake? I am glad that your DF came to his senses!

Julie

I counted my shake as a Dairy, kids size, and it's made with Fat Free Sugar Free Soft Serve that they now have.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #87  

Irish- just FYI- usually icecream is counted as a starch. . . Not sure why they set it up that way - probably they want to make sure we get some real calcium in our diet!

Julie
Old 05-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #88  

LOL Julie! Too true, if SFFF ice cream counted as a dairy...!

I'm same as yesterday, probably the cheese binge I went on yesterday, plus it's probably to be expected that I'd slow down sooner or later, having lost 4.8 pounds in 5 days!

Just got off the phone with the school district, registering my baby for kindergarten! I was doing good right up til the part where she was talking about the open house in August and how they have the kids take a short bus ride to talk about bus safety - the thought of my little girl riding the bus every day...! Waaaah! :LOL:

The GREAT news is that the district ALSO offers before- and after-school care right at the elementary school, for about 1/3 of what full-time daycare is costing me right now. Now we just need to find someplace to send her for the summer...I've got a great local referral agency that's sending me a list, hopefully I can find someone who has an opening just for the summer.

If this pace and stress keeps up, I should be at goal by June! HA!!!

Fiona
Old 05-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #89  
Choc Thunder

Fiona - WTG with the losses. That's awesome, almost 5 lbs in 5 days.

Julie - I would love for DS to be able to play. My only concern is that in football there is a lot of contact with the grass, which is one of his triggers. That is a great big catch 22.

About the fighting... I wish I knew how to get through to him. He is usually so mild mannered that it is hard to fathom him fighting. He said this kid kept running his mouth and he just got fed up and popped him. This has happened before too, and each time it bewilders me, totally! We have had so many conversations about choices, and exercising the best choices for a situation. We have had conversations about self control, about trying to turn the other cheek, etc. We have told DS that he would never get into trouble for defending himself, but that's not what happened. He started the fight. I need to find a way to convey to him that he'd do well to thicken his skin so that the things people say do not bother him to such a point that he has to resort to starting fights. I have trouble in that area too...not that I get so angry that I want to fight, but I am extremely sensitive and my feelings get hurt easily. I tend to take things very personally.

Now, the question is...if that is a problem area for ME, how do I work through it and teach the same principle to my DS?
Old 05-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #90  
Choc Thunder

Irish - the water is going slowly for me today... Just finished the first 32 oz....
Closed Thread