Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #16  

Good morning chickies

It was not pretty on the scale this AM, after a weekend of having difficult food choices and not enough H20, so I'm back with my liter bottle of water today. And I think COD tomorrow, not today.

Nice to be back and nice to see some chickies back - Jen and Diane! Diane, glad that you had a terrif wedding! (I've been to Vegas without seeing Elvis, too, so it can be done.)

Fiona -WTG on the new house! And for your doing so well on the scale.

Hey Beth - glad to have you join us! I had a similar problem when I started out - and part of it was that I wasn't measuring my proteins - and I was having some pretty big chicken breasts. Seven ounces cooked is alot of chicken, but there are some chickens that are even bigger, so I was overeating. Not sure what you mean by changing up? that the center keeps on telling you?

Marissa - you are doing great! 13 pounds in the first month is awesome. I really like the sugar free fruit sauces too. Is it your mom doing LAWL with you? How is she doing?

Welcome Monique! I'm on purple, too - it's pretty liveable.

Hi Sy!

Hugs to all, and a good POP day. I'm still trying to decide my May goals . . .You guys put me to shame.

Julie
Old 05-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 4"

My May goal is to begin stabilization by the end of the month!

As of last week, I had 4lbs left. Wish me luck!

TOM is GONE! Hopefully, about 2-3lbs went with it. I will find out Wednesday.

Tomorrow night is my last day of class! My commencement ceremony is May 12!

Hopefully We will close on our house this week so I can move Friday!

After I move, I am planning on having a huge yard sale. I want to get rid of my "Fat" clothes and a bunch of things I've been holding on to so I can go shopping for new "Skinny" clothes. Sounds like a plan to me.....
Old 05-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #18  
217/177.8/150ish

Thanks, if nothing else its good to know im not the only one having a hard time getting the weight to start coming off... Im on the gold plan and I guess when the say change up their meaning that I need to switch my food around.. first they tell me to try eating oatmeal in the morning then they say to try eating turkey instead, so I do that then the next girl says to try cereal again.. I guess I don't get it because I do weigh and measure my food.. Im wondering if Im not eating enough maybe.. I almost think their just screwing with my head.. well I guess I better go see whats happened..It better be going down now after I turned down the cake that I could have had..
Old 05-02-2005, 10:46 AM   #19  

Karen/Metal - sounds like out with the old, in with the NEW! WTG chickie!

Karen/RWF - I heard from my other RWF, that he didn't win at the races - sorry, but hope you had a great time!

Julie
Old 05-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #20  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey everyone!!

After being MIA last week i am back. Last week was killer at school and i have two finals tomorrow then ill be done till next semester. My eating last week was AWFUL! I didnt drink enough water and i think i gained way to much. I need to get to the center today and face the music i guess. After having two POP weeks and losing 6lbs i am really disappointed in myself for allowing myself to make such crappy choices in eating last week. I have been POP so far today of course it is only 10am lol. I still have plenty of hours to mess it up right lol. NONONO!!! I have my food planned out today. So all is going to alright.

Fiona~
congrats on the house. I might have some questions for you later in the week as we are thinking about buying my uncles house so we can keep the land in the family. Ill let you know.

Monique & Beth ~
Welcome to the group!!

Diane~
WB and congrats on the wedding.

Ok well i need to run to the center i guess if im going cause its 10 and i hate to WI much later than that.

Britt
Old 05-02-2005, 11:43 AM   #21  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Ok I am back from the center. At least i didnt gain all my weight back! I was however up 4.5 from my last WI on 4/20/05. Could have been worse i guess. im going to set my goals and post them. There is NO excuse to not be POP!!! That is my new motto.

Britt
Old 05-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #22  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Diane~what a beutiful bride! Very nice picture. Glad you are back.

Fiona~great news about the house! How exciting for you and your family.
Hello to all!
Old 05-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Another newbie checking in for the new month...

Quick intro - I'm Michelle, 32yo mom of three rowdy li'l guys, ages 5 and almost three yr old twins, married to DH for almost 11 yrs! I started LAWL with a friend on Feb 19th and have lost 21 lbs so far. The goal I set with LAWL is to be at 150 by the Fourth of July (our twins' bday). I am pretty much on course for that, but am ready to really pick up my exercising now so that maybe I can go another 10-15 lbs below that. I would really like be about 135, but haven't seen that weight since I was about 15, so I thought I'b be reasonable and set my goal at 150 to begin with.

So glad to read about all your success stories and your progress! I'm on the gold plan and am really happy with it.

Question for everyone: How much, what kind of exercising do you do? I had been walking on our treadmill and/or doing The Firm series workouts until the last couple of weeks - just haven't made the time to fit it in. I am very pear-shaped and need help losing the weight on my legs. I figured walking/step would be best, but would love other suggestions if you have them! I also use hand weights and do situps after walking.

So glad to have found others on the LAWL plan to chat with- look forward to talking more soon!
Old 05-02-2005, 12:49 PM   #24  

Diane - lovely picture! We have to come up with a new name for you!

Britt - isn't the first step the hardest???? I'm already planning to be on hold for most of June and July - and August will be VERY tough, to go back.

Michelle- how's my knitting chick doing? Still keeping your cool??

Beth, you could definately not be eating enough if you are doing exercise. The center should/can forward your diary to the nutritionist if you are completely stalled. . . How much do you have to lose?

Karen/Metal - why did you have to send that three pounds along with the TOM? Sounds like you've got a fun clothes exchange planned. ..

And WHERE is STAR??

Hugs
Julie
Old 05-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #25  

Default Hello my Chick Friends.....

I had some bad news Friday night, my BIL (from 1st DH) died last Tuesday of a massive heart attack. He was a long haul truck driver and I was the first one they could find to let the family know. He was 61 and had lived with us several times thru-out the years. He was a loner and didn't keep in touch with his other two siblings and pulled away from me when I started dating years after DH died. Anyhow he's being flown here for a small funeral on Friday. On the bright side, there is no doubt where he is

Just got back from COD Even though I had to go out of town Sat/Sunday without all my food, the still says I'm down
It's great since I've started back the scale is actually going down. I wonder if listening and doing what the counslors say is the reason Also I have noticed that since I have gone down every visit, they don't get on my nerves near as much

Diane - your picture is beautiful! So glad you are back and with us in the fight There is power in numbers, we can get the skinny vibes in force better......

Britt - Missed you too - like your reward system. I find looking in the mirror and seeing that I'm looking better is enuf for me

Hi to you New Chicks - Welcome.......

Fiona - Congrats on the new house, it sounds awesome! And I have noticed that your little lady bug ticker is moving right along there - can I hitch a ride??

Julie - I'll be drinking with you. Hey did you get back to the exercise program yet???

Metal - Your plan sound wonderful - nothing like new clothes to make us feel fantastic AND in a much smaller size We are also having a garage sale on Memorial Day weekend at our lake house........I acutally got rid of all my fat clothes awhile back, so I'm at a buying stand still until I get to goal, I'm sure I have enuf to last me for 19.8 more pounds

Hi Mitchypoo & SY........

Beth - Being around for awhile I can tell you that this journey goes all ways; good, bad, ugly We have all been stuck at some certain number on the scale for days, weeks (maybe months ). Sometimes it's our fault BUT many times it isn't. The body just does what it needs to do and sometimes it's on it's own schedule - no matter how perfect on plan we are....When that happens the best thing you can do is to stay on plan becuz sooner or later it will finally work to your advantage and the scale will go down The other option is to get discouraged, go off plan and gain JMHO

Okay - I'm outta here for a minute - check back later chicks.....
Old 05-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #26  

Happy Monday Everyone !!!

Going to WI this afternoon....not really having a good day at all. My FI is having a "man" moment today, and just not being very nice today at all. Oh well they all go thru it at one point or another but he's got me on the verge of tears right now.

Not to mention I am STARVING, and our microwave at work literally just burnt my food so badly I can't eat it. I am not kidding when I say this my brussell sprouts are lil mini hockey pucks!!!
My FI had to drop me off at work today, and I have no vehicle to get to store to grab lunch, and to make matters worse my FI comes at me with "it's not my fault you forgot your lunch..." Duh!! I had stuff at work...that is now not edible!!! Why do they have to be such insensitive jerks sometimes...

Please let this day get better....so wanting to crawl under a rock right now and just cry for hours.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #27  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Irish
Sorry you are having a bad day. Is there any chance you can order in where you work? I know it really sucks when you are hungry and cant have anything. I would bring you something but it would be cold by the time i got there I hope your day turns around and FI starts being nicer!

Star
LOL about my rewards. At this point while i can tell just a little in a body change it isnt that big so i try to think of some things that I would like to get this month and it just gives me something to shoot for.

Julie
Why are you going to be on hold June/July? Yes i keep have a few good weeks and then a few bad weeks i need to kick those bad weeks to the curb and stick with this thing. I know it works.

Michelle
Welcome to the group you will have fun here!!

Britt
Old 05-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #28  

Star, so sorry about your DBIL - it's nice that you can say good-by to him the best way.

Beth, Star is right, Losing weight is so frustrating, that when we do everything right the scale doesn't budge. Sometimes for me, I don't lose more than 2/10 of a pound a week, and then I drop 3. But your center does have access to more expert help, and if you really get frustrated, push for it.

Britt - I'm going on hold becuz I'm going on 3 weeks travel in June and in July, and don't want to drive myself crazy by going to the center for the 3 weeks that I'm home - my goal for June and July is to maintain . . if I can drop 2 or 3 with all the traveling I'll be very happy!

Irish -sorry that your DF is having his TOM. To me, brussels sprouts are always like cabbage smelling hockey pucks - for maybe the elves? Is there a convience store where you could get some cereal and milk? Or some sort of meal replacement bar, or a LC?

Hugs to all,
Julie
Old 05-02-2005, 01:35 PM   #29  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

Been having a hard time staying OP lately. Haven't been journaling, haven't gotten in all of my water, nothing. Haven't been able to make it to the COD either due to the car situation. Well, DH got a new car so that's solved. I will go to WI on Wednesday and let them have their way with me. I will probably have to break down and buy more lites too, as I am running out. I am thinking of realistic May goals to post too. Don't want to overdo it or under do it, you know?
Old 05-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #30  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

WATER - 44 oz. down, 20 (+) to go. This is the best I have done in DAYS. Am I in last place today? I hope so!
Closed Thread