Old 03-30-2005, 04:12 PM   #586  

Julie - Oh okay, we never think we look as bad as we do.....lol For me pictures show how I really look-yuck (ofcourse I just say it was a bad angle).
My SIL and I have been looking for the perfect color lipstick for about 15 years. One that goes with everything and has to have some color - not just gloss. Also, she is a makeup junkie, one of those buy $15 and get the freebie bag. We have a pact, if we find something great we call each other or just send it from MI to TX.
Michele - My SD sells MaryKay also. I love their eye makeup remover.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:26 PM   #587  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

The skincare and smelly lotions are my favorites, but the other stuff I just cannot get into. Maybe because my mom never taught me? Idunno. I have often wished I had a knack for fixing myself up, but I don't. I own 2 tubes of lipstick - one neutral and one with color, pressed powder and mascara. Oh and a ton of nail polish for my toenails. That's it. I don't even wear foundation.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #588  

Carmen - the skincare is the stuff that I don't do. I do do foundation (well, at 46 it sort of evens things out). How cool that you do your toenails! I don't . . .I'm thinking of a pedicure this spring. . .My first. . .

Star, also way cool that you have someone looking out for you in that quest for the perfect shade.

Now - I'm planning a shopping trip in May - I'm hoping that new eyes will help me look at clothes differently . . Like the colors I turn my nose up at? Or the styles I never think of for myself? Not too much, just a few pieces. . .

Although I did continue the spring clothes shift today . .
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #589  

Hey Julie, I've got the perfect shade of red for you...no, wait, it's being discontinued in June so I guess I'll have to keep it all for myself! Have I ever mentioned on here that I'm a Mary Kay consultant? (in addition to being a Realtor and a Receptionist and a wife and a mom!) Hence, MK-Fiona-P. I've toyed with the idea of trying to go full-time Mary Kay off and on, but decided it's not quite the right career path for me. In any case, I've been using MK exclusively since I was a teenager, I adore all their products and am a total glamour girl because of it (and I can support this habit with a few sales to my equally-glamour girl SIL ). I don't think I'm hideous to look at without makeup on, but I don't really feel "myself" without it, ya know!?

I have days, like I'm sure we all do, where I feel fabulous in spite of my size, and days where I can't get in the groove no matter what I put on my body...I don't remember having this problem when I was thin!

So, anyway...not really sure if I have a point or not....

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:40 PM   #590  

Fiona - actually, one of my fave lipsticks was a MK - it was from the mid 90's - I think it was called Bittersweet.

I was in Dallas last year at a writing conference at the same time MK was holding one of their conventions - quite a group!
Old 03-30-2005, 06:38 PM   #591  

No way - I was there. Last weekend in July, or something like that? The hotel I was staying at was hosting...it was madness. Small world!

Fiona
Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 PM   #592  

Total madness - so much royal blue and bright red - I was out front with the smokers a lot --- I was there the last week of July (Adam's Mark Dallas) -- when were you there?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:25 PM   #593  

Yup, last weekend in July - Wednesday through Saturday, at the Adams Mark. I was almost always standing in line around the side of the building, by the bar, waiting for the charter bus to go over to the convention center. We could have been on an elevator together and not even known it. Too bad I'm not going this year, if your convention was going to be in Dallas again, we could hook up.

Fiona
Old 03-30-2005, 08:47 PM   #594  

Good evening everyone. I haven't posted at home in such a long time.

Well, about the makeup thing. I don't use a lot of makeup, just the basics. My daily routine is wake up, set my hair and put on the makeup everyday no matter what. Won't go out of the house without the hair done and lipstick and masacra on. My DH thinks I'm nuts at times as I wouldn't go out and mow the lawn if my hair wasn't done. That is what makes me who I am and also makes me feel good about myself. Kind of like having a clean house when unexpected company stops by, never too much of a reason to feel embarassed. I wear foundation in the winter months. I'm the type that you would SCREAM if you was me without makeup, no wait - that would be me sceaming if you saw me without it. I'm white as a ghost in the winter months and need something to make me look alive. In the summer months, I tan fairly easy so just use some mascara, lipstick and some gel blush to add some pink to my cheeks and I'm set to go. Forgot about the undereye concealer, that's a must at 48.

I know exactly what you all mean about not seeing ourselves as we or others see us/ourselves. When I got on the scale in Jan 2004, I almost freaked that I weighted 199 lbs. I couldn't believe it - and was in total shock/denial. I knew I had gained some weight, but when I saw that number I wanted to cry (and know I did). I remember seeing myself months before that - a reflection in a window and didn't know who that person who was looking back at me. Forgot about it, and continued to gain weight (although I thought I was watching what I was eatting). Next week will be 1 year that I've started with LA and I will continue until I reach my goal (on my birthday at the end of next month).

See you all on the April board.

Hugs to all, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:18 AM   #595  

My comment about seeing you on the April board that I posted last night. Guess I was thinking that today would have been Friday. Sorry about that. I'm not trying to rush the month away.

I love this time of year. I love hearing the birds sing in the morning. They have been so chatty lately. A true sign of Spring. I haven't noticed the buds on the trees yet here in Upstate NY, but it may hit 60 degrees today so they will be sprouting any minute.

Sy
Old 03-31-2005, 07:59 AM   #596  
BAS
BAS

Morning - I am a make up girl too - I wear it all day, every day until I go to bed. Why I even put fresh make up when I do my exercises in my matching exercise outfits to keep me going - I guess I"m trying to look like those beautiful girls on the tapes.

Its just a pouring here and I can't find my umbrella - had to get out my new spring coat that has a hood so I don't melt Its the last day of March YAE!!!!!!!!!!! I love April May and June months - then September and OCtober - there just my favorite. But then again I'm getting really hooked on snowmobiling so I may change my mind (ha ha).

Well I better get going to work - you all have a wonderful day - and be good to yourselves okay? Hang in there - we can do this. (Needless to say I'm trying to convince myself too not to give up).

Hugs
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:49 AM   #597  

BAS: I fully understand the convincing part of your post. And your right, we WILL do this! We have a few die-hard snowmobilers here at work. I think they pray for snow. I'm born and raised her in CNY and after 48 years, the only thing that I look forward to in winter is SPRING! LOL! I use to x-country ski all the time (until I lost my ski buddy, DH hurt his back and won't ski again) and it did make the winters go by faster, but never was sorry it was over! Have a great day too.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:51 AM   #598  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

I am back with a vengence ladies!
As you will see I have updated my trackers. I went off plan for a week or so, was really miserable, but only gained a half pound the whole time. Jumped right back in on Monday and I used today as my second "official" WI and...drum roll please....I have lost 6.5 lbs so far this week. I am sticking to the plan, and moving a bit more (still can't find my 6WBMO, but purchased some bellydancing DVD's) and I am working on the water, some days I have no problems, other days....forget it.
But yeah, I am excited!
Just thought I would share the news!!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:58 AM   #599  

Keri: Keep it up, you really have put your mind in for a new start, what a start you have accomplished! Way to go!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:07 AM   #600  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Its another lovely day here too, although by tonight I think they said its supposed to be back in the 30's with freezing rain. I guess many of my coworkers didn't watch the weather forecast, because I saw a lot of folks coming in today without jackets. I hope they don't freeze going home tonight

Julie - pedicures are one of my favorite things in the world! I usually do my own, but then maybe 3 or 4 times a year I will make an appointment to have the salon do it. Maybe that can be my 20 lb treat!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Carm
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote