Old 03-29-2005, 07:25 AM   #556  

Good morning, chickies!

Weight at 197 this AM, not so bad considering everything, I think!

Sy - that ice cream sounds great- I'm always on the lookout for icecream in pints, or in single servings - we have the skinny cow/silhoutte here, too, and sometimes I do get a half gallon of Edys (sometimes I think it's Dryers) - but at a half a cup at a time it lasts a LONG time, and starts to break down, so then I feel guilty, and finish it off. NOT a good idea.

BTW - I think you should go to the center. Even if you're up because of the sodium, at least you'll know why, not like one of these mystery gains we have sometimes.

Beverly, I had leftover Easter Dinner for dinner last night - it was still good, but I am really ready to get back from those high carb foods - never THOUGHT I'd feel that way . .Glad that your son went to the doctor. I have to be honest, I ususally don't go until I'm in that 3 week range, myself. I hate going to the doctor. And I usually heal pretty fast, so if I go, it's a sign of desperation.

Star - I think you gave the best reason for getting your braces done before a holiday. It sounds like you have a good plan for the weekend, and with your energy, you'll be completely settled by Sunday afternoon, and ready for a walk on that trail.

Hi to everyone else!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #557  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

The scale did not budge from Sat. last night at WI, so i guess that is good TOM is still here, so i'm not worried about it. I'm hoping this will be the week to lose the last lb. of bday weight and then i want to change my ticker! I DID go take my walk last night after work, it was a short walk, but i got my heart going and broke a sweat. And my back didn't hurt after, so i'm happy. Having to work on getting all my veggie servings in, so today i'm armed with my baby carrots and dip. 6 of them are a serving, so there's really no excuse for me today.

Have a great Tuesday!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:09 AM   #558  

Julie, good advice about going to WI today. Thanks for the nudge! I needed that! I'm on my 3rd bottle of water, so should be able to get the rest in before WI.

Mitchy, congrats and if I'm the same at WI, I'll be very happy!
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:34 AM   #559  

Michelle - good for you for going to WI - I always think that facing that SCALE is good for building character. (and I burn calories in the tension). And I know that the scale is going to go down for you by the end of the week. How is the knitting going?

It's funny, vegs are not my problem. I probably eat closer to 8 servings a day. (A habit from WW where they are mainly 0 points)

Sy - WTG on the water cocktails. . . I'm on my second liter today . .. Do you do the hot lemon water?
Old 03-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #560  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hot lemon water? Think i'll go get some lemons for my water, thanks for the idea. I don't like my water cold, but not sure i'd like it hot either?
Old 03-29-2005, 11:51 AM   #561  

Michelle, it's one of the LAWL tricks they tell you for water retention - I use limes, actually - I don't know if it works or not, (but truthfully I add a decaf teabag to my hot water. . . for flavor) - but I also like plain water. Also, they recommend crystal lite for water retention - you could try just a little to change the flavor of your water. I also do flavored seltzer waters sometimes - I check for no sodium, although I have heard that the carbination itself affects retention.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:04 PM   #562  

Bev - Your icon treadmill chick is working out in a skirt? Now I know you workout in 'cute' workout clothes. Take her shopping and get her a new little outfit....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:22 PM   #563  

Star: Glad the packing/moving is not getting you down. I would be going crazy. All the exercise must be calming the nerves.

Julie: I use to love the SF seltzer water drink and it is low in salt, but has the similar stuff as the Morton's Lite Salt has in it (potassium sorbate or sodium citrate/benzoate - something like that ). Freaks out my system and makes my hands and feet swell soon after drinking. I can't use the Morton's Lite Salt - they have noted that on my chart at LA. Cheers with the water cocktail.

About the hot lemon water, I thought of that today but don't have any lemons with me at work. They suggested it to me, and I forgot all about it. I'll give it a try - probably wouldn't be bad with a packet of splenda in it. Like hot lemonade.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #564  

Sy -it was just a thought - I'm never really sure if those things work or not. I think it's great that you have been able to tie in that reaction to the potassium stuff - I'd have to fast for a day and then add in stuff to see which really made it happen.

I like the idea of the splenda in the hot lemonwater. . .
Old 03-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #565  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Chicks,
I just wanted to drop in and say hello. The boss is still in town but I'm off tomorrow and I'll be back then unless he leaves the office later. Then I'll be back to play today....
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:15 PM   #566  
BAS
BAS

Hi Girls:

I'm going through my summer things and putting away the winter things and beating myself up If I had stayed true to my diet all winter I could fit into everything I bought last fall and put away. Instead I maintained where I left off - ug.The stuff I put away still had the sales tag on them - shame on me. But this summer I intend to wear them one way or another. Its hard to believe how much I exercised all winter where two years ago I laughed at exercise and it didn't make any difference in my weight in that I started to exercise. Okay I'll quit complaining and do something about it.

I got a nice long walk in tonight again. Wednesday's is the night I don't exercise - my freebie night. - Its one of the nights I visit my mom.

Well I'm hungry but I refuse to cheat - all I need to do is look at my closet of new/used summer clothes I put out.

Lets buckle down together ladies- and get this over with- RIGHT!

Have a good night

Hugs
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:22 AM   #567  

Bev: I've said this before, so for some it will be a repeat. 2003 was my year to start exercising. I started slow, and that was the summer that I did the MS150 bike run. After that I joined a gym (when the evenings were getting dark and I couldn't ride). So, I faithfully went to the gym 5 days a week from Sept to Dec. This is the most exercising that I've done in my lifetime. Sad to say, I did notice that I firmed up some, but my weight never went down. It was very depressing. So, at the start of 2004 (starting at 199#s) was my year to start dieting (and I continued working out). The combination is the only thing that worked for me. So, now that you have your exercise routine down pat, continue that because it has many benefits. Don't give up on the dieting, eatting right, eatting healthy thing because your 1/2 way there! You are aware of things you could do better and what better time to get it done. Typing this to you is reinforcing what I'm trying to convince myself of daily. Hope sharing with you will get me motivated to get this remaining 9.2 lbs off and encourage you to continue the fight.

Well, as you all can see - I did make it to WI yesterday and I was only up 1 lb so facing the music was not as bad as I thought. They tried to sell me everything in the book yesterday (or so it seemed). Take Off juice was a great price for LA, she was going to sell me 2 bottles for $29.00. I told her that I would be needing LA Lites in about 5 weeks and I was saving my money for that. She left me alone after that.

I'm feeling discouraged that I will not be making my goal by my birthday. I have 28 days to lose 9.2 lbs. Yes, it's possible I know, but how? I have to find that feeling that I had last year when I started LA when I was so strick and stayed POP. So easy to say, very hard to do. I know I could do better, so why can't I stay POP for just 28 days?

Have a great day everyone. Take care, Sy
Old 03-30-2005, 10:15 AM   #568  

Hey chickies -

I feel like I haven't posted much here the last couple days - must be feeling guilty about my non-diet eating. We kinda-sorta ran out of money about a week ago (DH finally got paid yesterday) so couldn't restock on the essentials - fruit and veggies, chicken breasts - our kitchen was stocked but not with the "right" things - I've been living on lean cuisines and PBJ sandwiches. But DH is on his way to the store right now to fix things. Whew!

It is seriously raining here today! We're talking colossal downpour - first good rain of spring. Such a nice change from SNOW!

Today is looking like it's going to be pretty quiet at work...hope you gals are feeling chatty so I don't get bored!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #569  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I found the Knudsens juice on sale yesterday for $3.09 so i decided to take that today and tomorrow. I like the taste of it, and it seems get the weightloss going again. Read an article about mercury poisoning and now i'm not so sure about canned tuna. Anyone else worried about this?

Isn't the rain cool Fiona? I love this weather. Except i wanted to go walking today at lunch and that doesn't look possible right now. WI is tonight after work, my goal again is to go 3x this week. Last night i had a bad moment. I was rushed and had to eat quick before my support group and i had a meal from I hardly ever want to go there...need to plan more for those times i guess.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:54 AM   #570  

Good morning, chickies!

Well, no scale victory (still at 196), but put on a pair of pants last night (just out of the wash) and they were loose in the waist! Something is changing!

Beverly, I am in the same boat. I have STACKS of clothes that are in smaller sizes, just waiting for the day. Still with tags.

But don't beat yourself up! Just think of the changes you've made in your life in two years - you are already a regular exerciser - you amaze me. And you've found ways to incorporate real life exercise in your life - the walks outside, the snow stuff (personal yuck).

Do you journal your food? Sometimes it really keeps me on track - I just forget sometimes what I've put in my mouth!

Sy - I know what you mean about exercise and losing weight - I didn't lose nearly as much weight as I thought I should have when I was training for the Avon walk. I was even doing WW then. I should have been eating my activity points, probably, but didn't.

One thought - we are so focused on a number on a scale! I think Star would agree that exercise is for more than losing weight. Already, I can feel my posture improving, my breathing more calm, and I'm sleeping better. (And the clothes are fitting better, too) One other non scale victory - my hands are warmer, which probably means my metabolism is faster.

Sy - one other thought about staying POP - one time when I was having a tough time with cheating - I made a promise to a friend that I would not cheat for one day. Just to prove that I could do it. The next day was easier. Are you sticking to the blue plan? I really think you should. How is your hunger level?

Fiona - eating LAWL style is expensive! Just the chicken on the purple plan - it's half a pound for one meal! I found pork on sale a couple of weeks ago and had it for several meals, the counselor commented on it - and when I commented on how expensive chicken was, she got this surprised look on her face. . . And may I suggest beans. . (the musical food)

Hugs to all, and skinny vibes!
Julie