Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 10:27 AM   #91  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Marcie~those are beautiful wedding pictures. What a beautiful bride you were. Looks like you had a beautiful wedding...Now marriage is the fun part.

I WI yesterday and was down .8 from Wednesday!! I just can't believe how well it's going. I told my counselor that this is FUN! I am eating really well, not hungry and feel like i'm cheating sometimes but know i'm not if i fit a CC meal in, etc. I'm going to try and fit some exercise in this weekend too. We're having record-breaking highs in the area, so i should take advantage of it today. It will start to change tonight and Sunday.

I'm at work today until 1. It's awful but i really don't feel like working...... Oh, have to go change my ticker!
Old 02-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #92  

I just got back from weigh in.... *drum roll*

I am down 3.4 lbs for the week!!! WOOHOOO That is 18 lbs since the day after Christmas. I am soooooo proud of myself!

She said they would change my plan from red plus to red after I lost a total of 25 lbs. That means I will lose a starch, fruit, and dairy soon....but whatever it takes to keep losing is fine with me! I had a crappy counselor today. She was from another store and she made me mad. I only go in on Saturdays since I live about 35-40 minutes from the center....she she hassled me about that, then about buying lites from ebay (didnt even consider telling her they were really Lunas from amazon ), and finally she went through 7 days of journal entries and checked to make sure I got everything in. Even though I told her I had a perfect week. I had to sit there for like 15 minutes while she went through the whole week and checked every food. Then she told me to be sure and write down my LA Lites in my journal....HELLO there are boxes to check off???? Why do I need to write it in? GRRRR...I am soooo glad she doesnt work at our center!!! *stepping off soapbox*

Michele-
Way to go on your loss and I am glad you are enjoying the journey!!!! Staying motivated is the hard part and you are doing a fantastic job at that!!

Thanks all for the wedding picture compliments. It truly was a beautiful day that I will cherish forever!!! And any of you in the planning stages...one word of advice...if you have ANY extra money in your budget, hire a day of coordinator. You wont believe how easy it makes things!!!
Old 02-05-2005, 01:18 PM   #93  

hi all... just got back from 1 hour kickboxing and 1 hour of weight training... it took a lot to get up early on saturday when i didn't have to, but i figured that i could relax this afternoon.... it is 60 degrees here today, so i'm hoping to spend some time outside!!

went to weigh in and was down 1.6 pounds... yeah.... i just finished my 8th week on the program and had a program review... has anyone else had this? they just had me feel out a questionnaire and then gave me a coupon for 25% off.... it off course expires in a week...

marcie - what beautiful wedding pictures!! i love the little bags that you put on each pew... i love looking at wedding pictures!

to join in on the height stats... i'm only 5'3"... beverly i'm with you, i think i am shrinking as well... i could have sworn at one point in my life i was 5'5", but now i'm not... oh well...

i plan to post a recent picture on my profile... it's from new years eve... i am about 10 pounds from goal....

have a great OP day!
Old 02-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #94  

Carrie-
Way to go one the workout and the 1.6 lbs gone forever!!!!
Old 02-05-2005, 01:48 PM   #95  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gosh it makes me so angry to hear about these stupid counselors......and grateful that I haven't had one of them yet. I'm not sure how i'd handle it. Maybe not so tactfully as you all seem to. I'm sorry she did that to you Marcie, especially when you go in 1xa week because of the distance, like why would you want to go again? I would maybe suggest that you call and ask for the manager and then you could just diplomatically tell her your situation. I can only go once a week, why did she have to go thru your whole week so thoroughly, why couldn't she be postive at all, tell me why i should want to come back, why is she there, is this how you train your people, etc. As consumers, i think we have to let them know when they make us feel bad or uncomfortable. Just my 2 cents worth!
Old 02-05-2005, 01:49 PM   #96  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wow Carrie~2 hours of working out. Woo hoo for you. Someday i'll maybe be able to do half of what you did today!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:03 PM   #97  

There are 3 counselors that work on Saturday *usually* and they are all fantastic. One is my favorite though...and I will tell her what I think about the lady I talked to today. I think next time if it is my turn and I dont like the counselor at bat I will just wait for the one I want. It only takes a few minutes. Hopefully we wont ever see this one again...she can go back to the Raleigh store where she came from.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:16 PM   #98  
BAS
BAS

Marcie & Carrie - way to go girls - your doing awesome - were proud of ya.

I agree with Michelle's two cents - Glad I don't have to face any counselors- I really have heard bad things about them it seems mostly.

What a beautiful day and what a deal did I get on clothes. Beautiful sweaters and turtlenecks were marked down to ridiculous prices. I went nuts I'm afraid - At Pennys' I got my GD a 50 dollar coat for 8. Its so adorable - it will fit her next year. Bought myself a very nice purse- I never buy myself anything this nice - especially in a purse - its very nice. Then I went into Christopher & Banks - awesome store - all the colors are so earthy, warm and not loud. And the clothes are just so natural but pretty. Anyway almost every beautiful sweater was 9.99 and all turtle necks were 2.99 in the most vibrant colors - I wish I could of bought some of top/bottom outfits but I want to buy smaller pants so didn't want to encourage my body to stay where it is. Anyway came out with two bags of clothes for 107 dollars. That was like a steal cause I'm pretty frugal most of the time. THeir sweaters were all $40 or more to begin with. I will probably put most of them away for next winter I think. I have a hard time wearing sweaters with these hot flashes

I packed a PB sandwich for lunch - had an apple at 2 and then I stopped at McDonalds and bought a $l.00 salad and ate that while waiting to go through the car wash - I was so hungry - People looked at me like "She's eating a salad in the car???" Yes I was.

I've been real good OP today - just had a LC for supper and a bowl of veggies with some spray butter. Now if I can just make it through the night with just the jello I will be proud of myself.

Tomorrow is the super bowl - I think I"m gonna find something else to do while the men rant and rave at the game. Suppose to rain all day so maybe I'll just cook and bake some healthy stuff.

Well I better get going - have a good night everyone.

Hugs
Old 02-05-2005, 07:18 PM   #99  
BAS
BAS

The treadmill is calling my name - Beverley - Beverley - we need to exercise!! Going to find a good movie to put in to pass the time while I walk on it.

Hugs again.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:26 PM   #100  

To all of you:

I can't thank you enough for all of your advice and for all of the information. I did talk to my DH when he called this morning about LAWL, he told me to do what I feel most comfortable with. Well I also decided I needed to speak to my Aunt, she has tried most diets, and for health reasons decided to have gastric bypass, she is doing great now.

I asked her what she thought about LAWL and she said that was one center she didn't know anything at all about. She did tell me out of every diet she ever tried that WW's was the best! She talked to me about it all for about an hour and I have decided to go with WW's. She said the point system is wonderful. She told me to remember this is a change for life, not just a change until I lose the weight. She also said that I am not past the point of no return and to please not let myself get to that point, she feels that is where she ended up.

So, I am going to go with WW's! I am going to go to my first meeting on Feb.15th and will start then. I hate putting it off, but have to because of finances. Have any of you had experience with WW's? Any info you could give would again be greatly appreciated! (Oh and I was reading all the posts about everyone's height, so I thought I would include mine , I am 5'7)

Thanks in Advance,
Athena
Old 02-05-2005, 08:34 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuseNY

aag118: Yes, you can do LA without the Lites. They have food plans for that, and they will choose the food exchanges that you can have in place of the Lites. You did great at going in the center and getting out without signing up. I don't think many could have done that - and those are the people that feel that they were ripped off.

Thank you for that, it was hard to say no. She kept giving me all of these options, I kept telling her I needed to discuss it with DH first, that I would be upset if he spent that much money and didn't talk to me first. She said "I think he will be more upset if you don't do something about losing this weight." That was really the only comment that bothered me, otherwise I didn't feel she was too pushy, I have seen much worse.

Athena
Old 02-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #102  

i tried the luna bar chocolate peppermint stick, yum!! i also got the ranch mini cakes... not too shabby! what other flavors of the luna bars do you all like?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:57 AM   #103  

aag118: I've only had good luck with the old WW program before they went to the points system. For example, last Jan is when I decided to lose the weight. I was going to WW for 3 months, did the points and lost 12 lbs - I was not satified with the results and joined LA in April 2004. I'm not trying to discourage you, because everyone is different. Here is a great website for WW - which I still read and it's very helpful. http://www.weightwatchers.com/community/mbd/index.aspx - it's WW's free community message boards and it's very active. Lots of support. Good luck and stop back and let us know your progress.

Marcie: Glad you won't have to see that counselor again. Man, they get a bug up their butts about the LA Lites don't they.

BAS: I too went shopping this weekend. Not only were the sales great, but our county also had our annual 'tax-free' week (if you can image anything being tax-free in NY state). I too got some great deals. Bass shoes for $16, ankel boots for $16, two winter coats for DH - 1 for $14.99 and the other for $25 (most of these buys were at JC Penney's at the 75% off sale).

Marcie and Carrie, congrats!

Anyone have plans for the Super Bowl? DH wants to go to a bar where he's on a few boards and he promised that we can leave at 1/2 time (since I DO have to work tomorrow). I'm very thankful that finally a Super Bowl is being played on the East Coast so it will start at 6:00pm unstead of later like it normal is when it's on the West Coast. Starting at 6:00pm means if we want a seat we will have to get there about 4:00pm. Okay, what is there to do at a bar besides drink and eat? I will have 1 lite beer and I'm hoping to get a grilled chicken salad so I won't be snacking at the buffet table. After that 1 beer, they won't like it - but I have to switch to water because if I drink diet coke/pepsi - I'll never get to sleep. I will also be the DD - another reason for 1 beer limit.

Have a great day to everyone. aag118 - checkout the WW website, you will really like it.

Sy
Old 02-06-2005, 07:05 AM   #104  

Don't think I mentioned this, on Friday at the LAWL Open House, I tried a few of their products. I really liked the Jet Start, loved the flavor - it's the coffee drink. I purchased a 4 pack. I was told I could use it as a dairy and fruit, or an LA Lite. I used it yesterday for my dairy and fruit. It's really yummy. I think TAM said she tried them before. Just wanted to share.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:41 AM   #105  

Athena-

In 2001 I did LAWL and lost about 60 lbs in 5-6 months. After that...I got sick of the program and decided to try WW. I wasnt very good with my points. I made horrible food choices. I would eat a few high point foods instead of eating a bunch of low point foods. Then I would be hungry. So for me, the choices I made were not wise ones. I know it works, there are tons of people doing it, but it wasnt for me. I also HATED the meetings. The group meetings turned into a bunch of women who wouldnt shut up....they talked about nothing, but just kept going and going and going. I really felt like my time was wasted. I am sure there are good meetings and bad meetings...I just went to the one closest to my house.

Goooood luck! You just need to find the program that works for you and no one can tell you what it is!!! You will find it and do great!
Closed Thread