Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 03:20 PM   #31  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I did enjoy the TO juice and the program. I felt like it was a lot of food and i loved the drink.

Re: the PB. I got one that is 50/50 something.. It's for diabetics i think and low sugar.It's kind of grainy and really like just ground up peanuts. I'm not eating it very often because i'm afraid it's a trigger food, but i've had it on a slice of 40 cal. bread w/ some SF jam and it was eatable. Not like Jif or Skippy, but OK.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:57 PM   #32  
BAS
BAS

Hi everyone - I"m struggling and getting down in the dumps. THe scale is going up and not down. I'm exercising my brains out but the scale is stuck. I had my six month check up today and my doctor (female) said - wow you look great - loosing more weight I see - then she checked back from six months ago and guess what - I weighed exactly the same. She said well your shaping up because you look smaller to me. She said muscle weighs more than fat so it may take a while for the weight to adjust so I sorta feel better about that.

Then I get home and not only one box but two separate boxes of Luna bars arrived from Amazon.com. I guess I accidentally ordered them twice - lost out on the shipping though but still i got them for less than a dollar a bar.

For the most part I"m eating OP but I have a hard time not nibbling because I feel so free on this plan- Karen can relate I think. Oh well I 'm gonna keep chugging away. I blew the "perfectly OP until Valentines" today but not by much so I"ll keep at it.

Karen - exercising - you just amaze me girl - your doing great. Oh by the way I weighed less at the doctor's office completely dressed then in my underwear this morning- that was cool. It helped some. I just got to get out of these 180's.

But if I don't get control of my mouth I"m going to be seeing the 190's by the end of the month - help help!!

I just finished walking on the treadmill- sitting here sweating so I think I'll find some other housework to do and then take my shower and relax tonight.

May do some reading up on the plan too. What I should do is write down everything I will eat in the next two days and see how that works. Have it made up - ready to go and thats it.

Hello to everyone else- thanks for all the advice girls- you rock and I appreciate it. Has anyone pigged out on the bars - After all I have 60 bars - just kidding - just kidding.

Have a great night.

Hugs
Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 PM   #33  

hi all.... i am going to have to try those luna bars... you can only get them on amazon? i like the LA lites, but they are expensive... and as we've discussed before, the counselors push their products... when i weighed in on monday i needed bars and she tried to push me to buy 10 single boxes... it irritates me because i'm not made of money, give it up already!

my date was good last week... he actually called me tonight so i am probably going to call him back later this evening... the whole "game" thing is stupid, i wish people were just honest and didn't play the "game"... what do you do though...

i weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes... i have been eating good and working out so hopefully the scale is nice to me. does anyone think it's odd that we weigh in multiple times during the week? i have always heard that it's not good to weigh in multiple times during the week and to just weigh in once a week.... i have gotten into a horrible habit of weighing myself every morning... oh well...

anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?
Old 02-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #34  

And the scale debate rages on...

Cici, I believe that how much weighing is "good" is really a matter of personal preference...I know there are some on here that much prefer to weigh in only once or twice a week, and I know other people who do the 3x weigh in but only look one day, and then there's me...I have a love/hate relationship with my scale but I find it much easier to stay on track (or get back on track) if I know exactly where I'm at day to day. Doing what motivates you is what's most important! (By the way, I hope the scale is good to you, too!)

Oh, and the Luna bars can be gotten at Target, Walmart, and some grocery stores as well as on Amazon.com.

I hope things go well with you and the guy! The only way I can think of to avoid the "dating game" is to do what I did, and marry your high school sweetheart...but then that tells you how much dating experience I have! (Not that I didn't date plenty in high school, but my single friends all tell me it's a different game once you are in the "real world!")

Have a good night everyone!

Fiona
Old 02-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #35  
BAS
BAS

Cici - you can get them at Walmart usually for less than a dollar each. Most only carry two flavors from what I've seen. There just alot cheaper on Amazon- 30 bars for 21.99 but you need to get 60 bars for 43 something so shipping is free - otherwise shipping is about 8 bucks. Mine was delivered in a box three times bigger than it needed to be.

Going to bed - fasting for blood test in the morning (ug).

Hugs
Old 02-03-2005, 08:18 AM   #36  

Jen-
The peppermint lunas are more like a rice krispy treat that tastes like a thin mint. They dont look very yummy, but I really like them. They are kind of "cool" tasting.

I never do takeoff...ever. And when they tell me to, I say ok, tell them I do it, but dont. :LOL: I hate the juice and the no carb thing gives me a headache. It is easier to lie than deal with them. If they try to sell me juice I just tell them I got some off ebay. I didnt even do it when I started the program this time and I lost 11 lbs in the first two weeks!! The first week is almost all water weight no matter what plan you do.

Cici-
The only place I can find Lunas locally is at Target. When I lived in St. Louis it seemed like they were everywhere. I think amazon is the cheapest...especially if you spend $25 and get the free shipping. They have a sample box of 3 different flavors...30 bars I think....for $21.99.

Still Cici-
In some older posts I think Aphil and others gave their opinion on multipe weigh ins a week. Some people like it for accountability, but I HATE it and I dont do it. I go once a week. My weight fluctuates too much during the week and it can be very discouraging for me.

Beverly-
My two boxes were shipping in a HUGE box too! I was like...what the heck is this!!

OK...so I had a great on plan week so far...and that included one meal out. Two great on plan days to go and then the moment of truth at weigh in.

I have been having a slice of toast, with PB and 1/2 a banana for breakfast about 3 times a week. It is sooo satisfying and keeps me from getting hungry for a long time. When I do my Wasa cracker, cottage cheese, and kiwi I am always hungry by the time my mid morning luna bar snack comes.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:32 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

You cna get Luna bars at a lot of grocery stores. My Wal-Mart carries 3-4 flavors...my Kroger carries about 7 flavors. Some GNC stores carry them as well...
Like I said before-if you have a grocery store or Wal-Mart that does NOT carry them-speak to a manager. Kroger and Wal-MArt both have websites where you can go to the "contact us" section and ask them to carry something for you. They will carry something if they know you are going to buy it.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:09 AM   #38  
234/165.8/160

Good morning ladies,

I was down 2.4 lbs at WI last night....red plan is working!!!

Beverly-What plan are you using, perhaps you're having the same problem I was, not enough food for the amount of exercising you are doing.

Marcie-I'm with you about the juice...cannot stand it. I've done TO with Knudsen's but by the end of the 2nd evening I'm dying for furits and starches. I'm much better off with lots of variety...

Take care everyone,
Jen

CiCi- I'm game to talk about the scale debate :-) I think it boils down to personal preference and whether the scale motivates or depresses you. I weigh every morning (and sometimes in the afternoon and sometimes before I go to bed), and I weigh in 3x per week at the center. For me, if I'm up a little bit, it encourages me to stick closer to plan, make sure to weigh and measure my food. If I'm down, it makes me feel like all the attention to detail and all those miles on the treadmill are worth it and makes me want to keep going. Of course, when my scale wasn't moving at all, it was kind of depressing for me, but I didn't stop plan or stop exercising.

Last edited by auditgirl; 02-03-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #39  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Went to WI last night and i was down 2.8 lbs! and she did my monthly measurements and i've lost 8"!! And.....i've lost a total of 13 lbs and that put me on the purple plan... So i lose a 1/2 protein and a starch i think. But it's OK, I can still do this. She asked me about doing the bars and i said yes i was doing them. She's looking thru my paperwork and says, hmmmm, that's odd, i don't see that you bought the bars.....i told her i got them on ebay. I hate to lie, but i'm not wanting to deal with them either and they've really been cool about everything. I WANTED to say and should have...if you would make the bars affordable i'd be happy to purchase them.

Anyways i'm really motivated and feeling good. Need to go change my ticker.

Beverley, don't give up dear. Your body will start responding soon i'm sure. Sounds like you hit a plateau? And i wonder if the exercise is building muscle or making you retain fluid? Just a thought.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #40  

Thumbs up

- for Jen......

Bev - Give yourself some time to get use to the new plan, your body has to adjust. You are doing the best you can and your doctor noticed I'm coming over for some Luna bars......

Cici - Weighing at home for me is a check-point thing. Weighing at the Center is torture...... Like Fiona and Jen said, if your scale is up you know what you have to do, if it is down you know your doing the right stuff. (And when you do it at home, it's between you and the scale).

BTW - I tried the Simply Jif and I love it - yummy. I also found it is only a trigger food for me if I avoid it. On the Blue plan I can have it on my toast every morning so now I'm use to it and don't over do it.

Karen - Where are you

Hugs to everyone else.......
Old 02-03-2005, 10:42 AM   #41  

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone.

I am STUCK at 152lbs! I just have 12lbs to go. I have lost a total of 78lbs so far. I refuse to do the Take Off. I went to weigh in on Monday; and I only lost .2lbs from 2 weeks ago. I did start my monthly yesterday so maybe after it's over I will be down a few pounds!

Everyone seems to be doing really well on this plan. I need the accountability that this plan offers. Not to mention, my fiance' hassles me if I eat a bite of something not on plan! Why are men so wishy washy? One day he says, "Eat a bite, it won't hurt you." Then the next he says, "What are you off your diet?"

I have done really good; although, I have eat a few small servings of things that aren't on plan. I have been on the program since April 2004. I crave some things when my monthly comes and that is the hardest time for me to stay on plan. I do not like chocolate or the LA Lites. My main weekness is just food in general, not any certain kind.

I have went from a bugleing size 18 to a size 8. With 12lbs to go, I wonder if I will stay an 8 or go down to a 6......

Have a great day everyone! Keep on keeping on.. plan that is!

Karen
Old 02-03-2005, 11:52 AM   #42  

Congrats to the big losers!!! Way to go Jen and Michele!!

Karen-
You have come so far! Way to go! I know you will get that last bit off!! Or...if your body is happy where it is, and you are happy where it is, maybe it is a good place to maintain?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #43  
234/165.8/160

Metalchic-Have you tried switching up what you eat and when you eat it? When I was stuck my center advised me to get some more variety and use more of the former limiteds...so for the last week or so I make sure to have one former limited starch and protien each day, like chicken and rice at lunch and then beef for dinner, or salmon at lunch and then chicken or turkey with a 1/2 potato for dinner. Also, my friend who lost 85 lbs on plan really struggled with the last 10 and she swapped her dinner and breakfast. had her protein for breakfast and lunch with a much lighter dinner...it got her through those last 10lbs. just some thoughts....

thanks to everyone for you kind words and encouragement :-)

Jen
Old 02-03-2005, 12:32 PM   #44  

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Jen and Marcie...

This week I have tried moving my fruit to breakfast. A typical day for me is as follows:

Breakfast
1 Egg
1 Diet Bread

Snack
Fruit

Lunch
Chicken or a Carb Craver Meal
2 cups of Lettuce
1 oz reduced-fat cheese

Snack
1 oz reduced-fat cheese
Sometimes I add 3 Baby Carrots or 2 Melba Toast

Dinner
Chicken, Fish, Shrimp, or Beef
1 cup Steamed Broccoli
1 oz reduced-fat cheese
Sometimes I add bread, rice, or potato; depending on what I have left for the day.

I am on the purple plan; but it is modified. I eat 1/2PP, SS, VVVVV, F, and 3oz reduced-fat cheese (I don't like milk).

I eat the limiteds as they are except sometimes I don't eat them at all that week. Some weeks I don't even get a beef or limited seafood. I do take advantage of my limited starches. I do like the salmon, scallops, and dry beans on the once a week minimum list.

The protien limiteds that I eat are filet mignon, ground sirloin burgers, salmon, scallops, and dry beans. I eat plenty of chicken breast, whitefish, cod, flounder, shrimp, and canned tuna. My body wonders if it should cluck or swim...

The starch limiteds that I eat are potatoes, brown rice, and wheat pasta.

The only veggies I eat are broccoli, lettuce, cucumbers, mushrooms, green peppers, cabbage, and baby carrots.

The only fruits I eat are strawberries, apples, and they actually let me have bananas (but limited).

I always buy the lite buns or lite bread (40 cal) at the store. I was actually surprised that the Melba Toast was good!

I also buy the Kraft 2% Cheeses or the Reduced-Fat Sargento.

I do not do the LA Lites or the Take Off. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Karen

Last edited by MetalChic; 02-03-2005 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:25 PM   #45  

Looks good to me! And it looks like you are getting quite a bit of variety. I cant come up with a single suggestion! Are you exercising at all?
Closed Thread