Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #196  

Jen - Way to go with the loss! The 50 pound avatar is soooo close. (Could you slow down just a tad - I feel green coming on..lol) Sounds like you really did all you can to have a successful trip; workout wise - you rock!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:58 AM   #197  

Hi gals - just a non-update about DH's job...they called this morning, have narrowed it down to DH and one other person, and want both of them to come in for one more intervew ON THE 20TH!!! Over a week away! Geez, can they please drag this out for another month or two???

Fiona
Old 02-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #198  

Fiona: DH is in the R.E. appraisal business and it's been so dead for a couple week, now he's swamped so - your time is right around the corner. Everyone seems to want to buy and sell prior to the new school year. Good luck at your OHs this week.

Jen: Wow, you are doing awesome! Keep up the good work. Are you going to Atlanta for business or pleasure? In either case, have a great time and way-to-go at bringing your exercise stuff with you.

Star and Julie: Some girl friends wanted us all to go on a cruise - just the ladies. Although it would be a great time, I don't think it would be fair to DH as we have never been on a cruise together and if I'm going to be spending that kind of money - I think at least the first time should be with him. And, I think if your single - the singles one would be great. At least more interesting. LOL!

Gotta run, Sy
Old 02-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #199  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Can i just say that im soooooo tired of LEFT OVERS!!!!!!!!!! God bless the ones who brought us food but we had so much and so much of the same thing that i might just eat nothing but salad and chicken next week lol. Im ready to get back OP today is my final day of left overs i will not be eating them after today i just cant! I am going to do take off this weekend since i will be home mostly doing school work isnt that fun. Hopefully this will get be back into my groove. I havent done to bad i guess i have been floating around with 2-3 lbs that will hopefully go away when i do TO this weekend. I have to say that the two weeks i have been off plan and eating "non-plan foods" I havent enjoyed them really has anyone else experienced this?

Im so glad to see that everyone is doing so well. Im thinking about getting some luna bars and doing the 1 luna a day and 1 lite a day. I know someone here said that they do that. I think i have 10 boxes of lites left before i would have to get some more. Well im gonna go look at amazon and see what they have. I will talk to everyone later have a great day stay OP and drink lots of water! (Tomorrow i will follow that advice!)

Britt
Old 02-10-2005, 01:04 PM   #200  
234/165.8/160

Star-Thanks for the encouragement and I hope you're right! But of course, you always are :-)

Sy- I'm actually heading to a little town about 90 miles south of Atlanta (Warner Robins) for work. We lived there for about 10 years so there are still some old friends in the area that it will be nice to see again, but I'll be pretty busy while i'm there.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:01 PM   #201  

Default Not so bad, after all

Hi Chickies!

Well, at WI was up 2.6 pounds - up to 203.8 at the center - so that's not toooooooo bad after being away for close to 3 weeks! Hopefully, I'll be back down by this time next week.

Britt, what a great reason to go back POP - tired of left overs! (I may steal that one. . ) I do the one luna/one lite a day thing - it works out pretty well.

BTW, found out I still have 61 boxes (7 count) left in my program- that's about 30 weeks still, so I should make it through pretty well (especially with the luna bars)

Sy, there were some gal pals that went on the cruise together - I think they had a blast! Don't know if it's true for all couples, but it seems that the ones in my crew did a little sniping at each other after a few days. Not real pleasant to live with.

Star, yes, must watch the courage cocktails! I'm also not a luna fan, but like the lemon zest luna.

Jen, gosh, it sounds like you've got the exercise all together! I'm envious. And being so close to 50, and wanting it so much - I bet you'll do fine. My old experience with working at military bases - if you can get into the cafeteria, I'm sure you can find something OP.

Fiona - I'm sending you and your DH good luck vibes!

Marcie - I really like the pecan pie luna's - hope you like them, too.

Michelle - I think you should contact the Luna company - they may want to market a mini cat treat luna bar. . .

Someone mentioned that they were going to try the Chai Tea luna - could you let me know how it is? They haven't carried that in my stores yet.

About cruise prices - if you go for an inexpensive cabin, and book early, you can get a room for about 700$/person - and then figure about 3-4$ for any type of alcoholic drink that you buy. . There is shopping on board, but pretty high end (too rich for my pocket) - and there is shopping of course at the various ports - but you don't have to buy anything. There is also gambling, bingo, etc. . The food is pretty much all included, as well as all the coffee, tea and non-bottled water that you want. The shows are all free. So if you're happy with not gambling, and don't drink much - the cruise is actually a pretty good deal. (Of course you have to GET to the embarkation port - for us that was Fort Lauderdale) There are a lot of tours, etc that you can sign up for - but if you go with a group, you can get tours off the ship at the dock for a cheaper price. We went on a trip to the Mayan ruins on Cozumel, saw the turtle farm in the Grand Cayman, and the waterfall in Jamaica - and people actually WALK UP the falls. Anyway, it's well worth doing once, and then decide if you want to go again - there is nothing NOT to like. . .

Hope this falls into more detail for you chickies with enquiring minds - and yes my sister could probably give some more spicy details, but she and my BIL were doing a little of that sniping. . .

Hugs to all,
Julie
Old 02-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #202  

Here is my luna review for the day.

I am not a big lemon fan...but I really liked the lemon zest. It is good for my mid morning snack. I think I still prefer the chocolate ones though...but I am a chocolate junkie.

I tried the pecan pie this afternoon. It was good...had some cinnamon which I didnt expect, but I liked it.

I think I still like Nuts over Chocolate the best, but the lemon, pecan pie, peppermint, and smores are all yummy! Not a big fan of the sweet dreams...but still better than the LA Lites!

I forgot who said they bought the chai tea and another flavor...but get us a review after you try them!
Old 02-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #203  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I'm the one who was trying Dulce de Leche and Chai Tea today. I liked them both. The Dulce de Leche was kind of like caramel but nothing like the LA lite caramel one. It was sweet and i liked it. The chai tea really tasted like chai tea so a nice treat b/c i don't order real chai tea anymore...that's my take on it.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #204  

With all the talk about the Luna bars, I just may do the 1 Luna and 1 Lite a day thing too. I'm not sure yet, but I'll check out the Luna's - give a couple a try and see what I like better. I hope they keep me as satified as the Lites do.

Julie, the info on the cruise was perfect and just what I wanted to know.

It's hard going on vacation at times with other couples. Someone is bound to get grouchy or edgy - especially if no one can decide what to do next. Some people have to have everything planned and can't deviate. I like to take it as it comes. Don't think I could go on a relaxing vacation with SIL and BIL. She would be in tears the entire time (very sensitive) and I would have to finally have my say to BIL. It wouldn't be pretty. I normally have a great time with DH unless of course I haven't got much sleep, then I'm the BEAR! Went to Antiqua. Got up at 3:00am at home to catch the flight to JFK, was suppose to leave about 7:45am and didn't leave until 11:30am (due to a broken windshield on the plane - okay, I didn't mind them fixing it - LOL). But, that made us miss our flight to Antiqua from San Juan, and did arrive in Antiqua until 11:30pm that evening - hotel was on the other side of the island, and didn't get there until about 12:30am. Needless to say, a very long day. I was hungry, and beat, and all I could do it cry I was so tried. Not a fun way to start a vacation - and I think that DH wondered what he got himself into. LOL! After a good nights sleep, I was rearing to go and have a great vacation.

Well, I have some work I have to do from home, so I'll try to check back later. Hugs, Sy
Old 02-11-2005, 07:19 AM   #205  

Sy-
The lunas are larger and thicker, take longer to eat, and keep me not hungry for longer periods of time. IMHO

GOOOOOOD Friday morning all!! I am sooooo glad Friday is finally here. It has been a crazy week. Between work and school I do not know if I am coming or going half the time. : ) I am trying to talk DH into helping me paint the dining room this weekend. My parents will be here to visit in May and I want the house to look nice....plus I am sick of looking at white walls everywhere!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:34 AM   #206  

Good morning, chicks!

Finally, my stomach flu seems to be gone -- thank goodness!

About the cruise - if anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try to answer - I understand that things are slightly different on the various cruise lines, but I expect that most things are similar --

Marcie - do you want to come up here and paint MY walls - happy to pay you in Luna's or Lite's. . .

Michelle - thanks for the info on the Chai Tea Luna's - I may order some off of ebay.

Sy - about traveling with couples - I think that's it - with all the togetherness, things are bound to come to the surface. And the travel arrangements just add to the tension. On our flight down, it was snowing here, and the plane took off 2 1/2 hours AFTER the departure time - It was supposed to leave at 9:00 - we got to the airport by 6:30 - DS and DBIL picked me up at 5:00, (white knuckle drive to airport on snow covered roads) - then the airline (TED) didn't feed us or give us anything to drink while we were waiting, and then the plane didn't leave until 11:30 - we got to Ft Lauderdale around 1:30 - then shuttled off to the ship very quickly. Thank goodness. But was VERY tired the first day. I think all of us where too tired to do much besides wave to the people on the shore as we left port (which was fun) and eat dinner. Even the cabin steward said I looked tired that night. . .

Skinny vibes and good POP day, everyone!
Julie
Old 02-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #207  

Morning gals!

Not much exciting here - just a plan to stay POP or better today as we are going out to eat for my parents' anniversary tonight. I already know I'm having the filet mignon with mushroom sauce ("Diane style" they call it) and these wonderful cheesy potatoes, and salad of course - I guess fruit for breakfast and a salad for lunch will be the order of the day.

My mom is going to FREAK OUT when the limo arrives tonight. She's got a big horse show or clinic or something starting tomorrow, and has been running around like a crazy person all week getting everything ready. Boy, does she deserve a night out!

Hope you all have a great POP day, too!

Fiona
Old 02-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #208  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Fiona~Have fun tonight, woo woo.......a limo!

I had a gain of .6 last night at WI but i didn't totally freak out. The counselor was great, never mentioned it, was totally positive. I said, didn't I gain? and she said, ya, but not even a pound. Like don't worry about it, just go on and that's what i'm gonna do. I think i need some variety in my choices and i'll work on that over the weekend. I'm considering buying that cookbook too, but w/everything so expensive there, how much is it? Like $150.? I should just ask.

Have a great Friday!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:24 AM   #209  

Michele - sounds like you have a great counselor! BTW, the cookbook is in the 25$ range (I think). . . I got mine for free - I was having a bad week and the couselor that signed me up handed me one. . .Of course, they were changing the program so they may have been trying to unload them anyway. .

Fiona - what a terrific surprise for your DM. Did your DF get the ring done that you were talking about in December? Sounds like you've got the eating planned for the day; you're inspiring me. .

Julie
Old 02-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #210  

I have no idea if my dad got the ring fixed - I really hope so, though. I did e-mail him a while back and suggested it, but I figure, he's a grown man, he can handle it without me reminding him!

The cookbook at the center is $30 or $35 I think...I got mine on ebay for $15 plus shipping. There's only one up for sale right now and it's at $18 something, but includes a new box of the Lite chocolate shake mix.

Someone on here has the cookbook on CD, though! I love that idea. Where did our recipe queen go?

Julie - funny, knowing that you are being inspired by me is inspiring me to stay on plan!

Fiona
Closed Thread